Napoleon Dynamite

Aired Sunday 8:30 PM Mar 04, 2012 on FOX

• Napoleon begs Pedro to be his FFA partner.

In the too-soon Season 1 finale of Napoleon Dynamite, Napoleon successfully begs Pedro to be his partner for the FFA competition, and after being distracted by the FFA "Queen" only to find out it was a trick, he is out to defeat his rival, Filson, for the second year in a row. I liked this episode. Since I'm from Texas, I could relate to a lot of this stuff and even recognized the creed when Napoleon and Filson recited it. Despite Filson's efforts, Pedro rocks the crowd with a mindblowing song that gets Napoleon reinstated and a victory in the competition. It wasn't a realistic ending, and I'm a fan of realistic plots and twists, but still a good episode. The B plot was a great one, almost as great, too. Grandma and Kip's house must be evacuated so they move into Rico in his van. I thought the scenes with them watching "reality television" at the dining room window of a family's home were hilarious. In other news, Deb doesn't play a huge role in the finale, which is surprising. Hopefully this is one of many Napoleon Dynamite seasons to come, can't wait for next fall. That is, if FOX isn't stupid.