Napoleon Dynamite Forums

FOX (ended 2012)

The Fate of Napoleon Dynamite

pudgebyrd722

[1]Apr 24, 2012
    • level: 51

Nothing's official yet, but even the staff of TV.com are speaking like Napoleon Dynamitehas made its final run . . . and it only took a petite, six-episode first season, which is disappointing. Besides the obvious: viewers, what do you think would of made the show more successful and an automatic bid for renewal? If it was live action? Filmed sooner after the movie? What?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jegolas1973

[2]May 10, 2012
    • level: 22

I think Napoleon Dynamite will return. I think it's just done for the season.

antdude

[3]May 15, 2012
    • level: 27
    Axed according to http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/23882/new-tv-season-breakdown-fox ...

jegolas1973

[4]May 16, 2012
    • level: 22

I saw it myself. It's true, Napoleon Dynamite has been officially cancelled. I thought it would do better than Allen Gregory. Now, there's a show that truly deserved its cancellation. I thought, though, that Napoleon Dynamite would last a little bit longer. I thought it would live up to the 2004 movie. Apparently, Fox didn't think so. Napoleon Dynamite also gets an early cancellation. Well, hopefully, the movie sequel will do much better. We'll just have to wait and find out.

startug

[5]May 16, 2012
    • level: 23
    There's going to be a sequel now? I thought it was all over, now.

pudgebyrd722

[6]May 18, 2012
    • level: 51
    Wonder if these networks have ever heard of a second chance. Or even a chance at all. Had Napoleon Dynamite been given a 10-13 episode spring season, maybe more people would have had time to discover and embrace it. But it's gone before most had the chance to view.

AlexGo1

[7]Mar 28, 2013
    • level: 1
    Unfortunately, this is Fox being the terrible network they've always been. ND had better ratings than Bob's Burgers, but they only aired half the Bob episodes they paid for. So instead of renewing the show with better ratings, they renew the show that already has episodes paid for and produced.

In addition, ND managed to pull in decent ratings with the typical Fox BS. Only 6 episodes, 2 week breaks in between every episode except one, airing against the grammys. Fox really mishandled the show's scheduling.