Naruto Shippuden Forums

Thursday 8:30 PM on TV TokyoIn Season

Naruto Shippuden to be aired on Disney XD

springBOOB

[1]Sep 10, 2009
    • level: 11

I swear. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-09-10/disney-xd-to-add-naruto-shippuden-in-u.s

and we all know what happened to it on Jetix in the UK and europe.

but do you think they will air it uncut/minimal edits? i hope it doesn't end up as butchered as one piece

Edited on 09/10/2009 3:09pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Mask_Your__Pain

[2]Sep 10, 2009
    • level: 2

List of things more likely to happen then me watch Naruto on Disney XD

1) Me Follow that Link
    2) Hell Freezing over
    3) Naruto not be an Idiot
    4) George W. Bush be considered the Best President since Nixon
    5) 50 Cent Becomes the 45th President of the United States

Edited on 09/10/2009 4:30pm

mitarashianko

[3]Sep 10, 2009
    • level: 14
    Mask_Your__Pain wrote:

1) Me Follow that Link
    2) Hell Freezing over

I really think you are underestimating Naruto.

But in all seriousness, at least someone has the guts to take a chance on Naruto. Yes, nothing compares to reading the manga. But what can.?

Disney XD is better than CN anyday of the week. I don't care if you like "The Mouse" or hate them with a passion, Disney pwns Cartoon Network any day of the week nd its not just because of shippuden. Disney makes better marketing decisions than the complete morons that run and operate Cartoon Network. Sure its going to be censored, I even EXPECT them to cut out the more graphic/obscene stuff if they don't I'd really be shocked, but what else is new. Would Cartoon Network or Adult Swim have been ANY different? Please....

Edited on 09/10/2009 7:13pm
    Edited 2 total times.

master_m11

[4]Sep 10, 2009
    • level: 12
    mitarashianko wrote:
    Mask_Your__Pain wrote:

1) Me Follow that Link
    2) Hell Freezing over

But in all seriousness, at least someone has the guts to take a chance on Naruto. Yes, nothing compares to reading the manga. But what can.?

Disney XD is better than CN anyday of the week. I don't care if you like "The Mouse" or hate them with a passion, Disney pwns Cartoon Network any day of the week nd its not just because of shippuden. Disney makes better marketing decisions than the complete morons that run and operate Cartoon Network. Sure its going to be censored, I even EXPECT them to cut out the more graphic/obscene stuff if they don't I'd really be shocked, but what else is new. Would Cartoon Network or Adult Swim have been ANY different? Please....

Well I don't really have a problem with it either. At least you get to watch the english dub for Shippuden. It just the fact that its so far behind. I will enjoy hearing the english va for Naruto Shippuden though.

game_masta14

[5]Sep 10, 2009
    • level: 8
    DAMN! First they take Marvel and now they got Shippuden! Disney is on a roll and pwning CN.

nacholibre92

[6]Sep 10, 2009
    • level: 24
    I wonder how that's going to work out. They better not screw it up.

SPDShadowRanger

[7]Sep 10, 2009
    • level: 72
    This sucks, I don't have XD. Thank God the DVDs are coming out monthly.

qtwanderer

[9]Sep 11, 2009
    • level: 27
    mitarashianko wrote:

You know whats sad about that...CN was not always like that, and look where they are now. Thats like saying A wolf let a mouse beat it up.

Whitewind617

[10]Sep 11, 2009
    • level: 5

It's never a channels place to directly edit a TV series. Viz would have to comply to Disney's demands to edit it (Which they won't do, and I'm sure that Disney is demanding nothing at all, the way they dubbed it as they planned to air it on CN is probably fine for their standards, and the old, light censorship was completely fine.) The only way Disney could ever force it is if they purchased the license and started dubbing it themselves (which will NEVER HAPPEN.)

Everyone also seems concerned that Sai will have a stupid voice for whatever reason...again, DISNEY IS NOT DUBBING NARUTO! Why won't they figure this out?! They have nothing to do with the show or it's content! (not directly anyway.) His comments will probably be censored, as I always expected them to be. (probably the same way as in Viz's subs, "male equipment")

Yeah, We'll have to watch annoying commercials if we watch it, but big deal. As long as it's basically the same as the first show, it should be fine. And if it's not, watch the DVDs. It's as simple as that. Everyone needs to chill out.

Now the actual important question - Will they bother to air the final 11 episodes?

Mask_Your__Pain

[13]Sep 11, 2009
    mitarashianko wrote:
    Mask_Your__Pain wrote:

1) Me Follow that Link
    2) Hell Freezing over

I think you are OVER Estimating Naruto. If you don't think of him as an Idiot then fine, but you can't honestly say he isn't as Naive as a seven year old.

To get more on topic Disney XD will do very little to Naruto. They are doing this because Disney has had a hard time Marketing to boys for quite some time now. So they bought Marvel (which along with it goes Wolverine and the Xmen and Spiderman) and have the licene to Naruto. Many people forget that Naruto use to always be in the top 10 shows not that long ago.

KevMan117

[14]Sep 11, 2009
    • level: 5
    Hooray, I was waiting for some news like this. With shows like Spectacular Spider-Man and Phineas and Ferb, XD is going places. They even have Batman and Superman at night. Awesome.
    Edited on 09/11/2009 2:33pm

springBOOB

[15]Sep 11, 2009
    • level: 11
    i know disney will not be dubbing naruto, but it's just that they might treat it as a kid's show. if they decided to create a teen's block of anime, then i'd be okay with it. naruto shippuden has some uncomfortable situations that would be censored on kids or preteen's blocks. i hope they treat it like Cartoon Network treated DBZ Uncut.

jah1415

[16]Sep 11, 2009
    • level: 12

springBOOB wrote:
    i know disney will not be dubbing naruto, but it's just that they might treat it as a kid's show. if they decided to create a teen's block of anime, then i'd be okay with it. naruto shippuden has some uncomfortable situations that would be censored on kids or preteen's blocks. i hope they treat it like Cartoon Network treated DBZ Uncut.

If they treat it like DBZ uncut it will be off the air in 3 weeks.

YamiGuzz

[17]Sep 12, 2009
    • level: 15
    What happened to the Syfy channel? I know they only air canadian dub anime but i bet if they showed them some green, well money talks. still, Disney? somethings not right there. They could have aired it online, like they did with Gundam 00.

Ranemoraken

[18]Sep 12, 2009
    • level: 20
    Well...there's not even that much to edit is there? I mean, CN did some blood reduction, and changed a few words/rosey cheeks. "Hey Naruto, you've got a sweet sexy body." (Or to the same extent) was taken out for instance...which was pretty funny since that came from Jiraiya when Naruto was in his bathing suit.

I suspect the same will happen here, but if they do it too much, they might alienate...all their viewers. I'll watch it - maybe, but at this point I think I've graduated to dvds and am unwilling to go back.

Personally, I'd rather have BOXSETS than dvds. At least if I watch a boxset, I might watch it a second time after going through it once. (cause I'll watch one before I hit the hay at night so it'll last me a couple weeks before it gets boring) With only four on a disc, I wouldn't bother.

Mask_Your__Pain

[20]Sep 12, 2009

Everyone keeps saying it would be better on CN. Here are two words to Sum Up Naruto on Cartoon Network

"Loopy Fist"