Naruto Shippuden Forums

Thursday 8:30 PM on TV TokyoIn Season

Official Latest Shippuden Anime Episode Discussion Thread (SPOILERS WARNING)

pikastatic100

[21]Aug 1, 2009
    • level: 48
    What can I say; Kakashi Gaiden was awesome. The voices were great, and it was sweet to see the whole thing animated.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jmm0070_3rd

[22]Aug 2, 2009
    • level: 3
    omg incredibleincredibleincredible. what an amazing episode. gaiden was just fantastic, it made me come to post here after like a year or so without posing a thing (wow the page has changed aloot and they separated shippuuden from original woot!). i've never cried with any movie or series , but when some get extremely emotional i feel this throat thingy that makes u wanna cry, and i cant believe gaiden got me to that state with only 40 minutes. really a masterpiece
    Edited on 08/02/2009 3:07pm

AnimeMadness

[23]Aug 2, 2009
    • level: 22
    Kakashi Gaiden lived up and surpassed my expectations. It was fantastic!

The animation was amazing and the music that went along with it was great. I knew Kakashi Gaiden was sad but it just seemed sadder this time because there was emotion from the VAs. I almost cried.... All the fights were awesome. Kakashi and Obito vs. the Iwa-nin has to be my all time favorite fight animated so far. The animators outdone themselves. (and this must be the reason why the animation was lacking lately because the good animators were busy with Kakashi Gaiden.)

I was so happy to hear Obito and Minato's voices. The fangirl in me squealed deep done inside. ^__^

tvcrazy12

[24]Aug 2, 2009
    • level: 16
    so i finally found it (no thanks to anyone here! ) and i must say it was quite awesome!!! if only the rest of shippuden was like this...

nacholibre92

[25]Aug 2, 2009
    • level: 24
    I don't understand why they don't put a crap load of filler in Kakashi Gaiden but they put a crap load of filler in the other episodes. The episodes should be like Kakashi Gaiden.

Ranemoraken

[26]Aug 2, 2009
    • level: 20
    There are two lines of thought. Do a series like Bleach, do it like Naruto/one piece. In one corner, you stretch out the canon, to short the filler (sort of). In the other, you keep the anime at a decent pace (ish) and allow the ratio of filler to magnify.

shadowysea07

[27]Aug 2, 2009
    • level: 25

yeah but at least bleach has 2 good filler arcs XD.

one piece has to many pointless arcs that feel like filler to me. skypea ect

so far we haven;t had a good filler in a while (not since part one) and the animation has obviously dropped in quality for shippuuden. their all different and have their own way of doing things nut i perfer bleach's way fo using the filler in the manga later like keeping nova and cloud.

i_hated_hoenn

[28]Aug 3, 2009
    • level: 5
    shadowysea07 wrote:

so far we haven;t had a good filler in a while (not since part one) and the animation has obviously dropped in quality for shippuuden. their all different and have their own way of doing things nut i perfer bleach's way fo using the filler in the manga later like keeping nova and cloud.

in my opinion the filler that had sai in it was ok this passin filler about the crystal user was good until they prolonged it to stretch out 6 months but thats just my opinion anyways

X-626

[29]Aug 3, 2009
    • level: 51
    shadowysea07 wrote:

In my opinion, the first Bleach filler was like something out of a bad Sci-Fi movie, and unnecessarily long. The second filler was added in the middle of a story arc, and not only was it bad timing, but I predicted that ending the second they introduced that captain. The problem with with Bleach is that the author is dragging out the manga way too much. In the last 50 chapters we've had almost nothing happen. You could fit 5 or 6 chapters into an episode if you wanted to without rushing it. This is why the anime catches up so fast. It's why the anime is at fillers yet again. The author uses to many 1-2 page spreads, and most other panels are too big too.

As for One Piece, the Skypeia arc wasn't pointless, albeit very long. As least the chapters of One Piece have enough story progression in them that you can drag out the episodes when it starts getting close and still be fine. Not to mention that the OP anime doesn't have overly long fillers at bad places. They know when and where to add fillers and when to drag out episodes. As with the current arcs in the series, there's no real room for fillers, which is why the episodes are a bit more dragged out.

For Naruto, the problem is that Kishimoto accepted an anime offer too soon, which is why we're stuck with so many fillers. Had he waited another year on the offer, the story would've been far enough along that the filler usage would be at a minimum.
    Edited on 08/03/2009 9:56am

axe_king

[30]Aug 3, 2009
    • level: 9
    X-626 wrote:
    shadowysea07 wrote:

In my opinion, the first Bleach filler was like something out of a bad Sci-Fi movie, and unnecessarily long. The second filler was added in the middle of a story arc, and not only was it bad timing, but I predicted that ending the second they introduced that captain. The problem with with Bleach is that the author is dragging out the manga way too much. In the last 50 chapters we've had almost nothing happen. You could fit 5 or 6 chapters into an episode if you wanted to without rushing it. This is why the anime catches up so fast. It's why the anime is at fillers yet again. The author uses to many 1-2 page spreads, and most other panels are too big too.

As for One Piece, the Skypeia arc wasn't pointless, albeit very long. As least the chapters of One Piece have enough story progression in them that you can drag out the episodes when it starts getting close and still be fine. Not to mention that the OP anime doesn't have overly long fillers at bad places. They know when and where to add fillers and when to drag out episodes. As with the current arcs in the series, there's no real room for fillers, which is why the episodes are a bit more dragged out.

For Naruto, the problem is that Kishimoto accepted an anime offer too soon, which is why we're stuck with so many fillers. Had he waited another year on the offer, the story would've been far enough along that the filler usage would be at a minimum.
    nice pointers. [/spoiler] you mean the one with filler trio? the ones they keep adding in the original? lol that was really crappy. but hey look at the bright side. we found out who went to hell . well bount filler for me was mjaaa. it was like kyraya saved it from total catastrophy. he is one of my favorite villains just after aizen. I liked his character. but besides that it was almost usuless. I must agree on last 50 chapters no development. well almost. everything(well most of it) was way to freaking predictable. dunno why they even showed those vice captain fights and plus we never got to see shunsui and ukitake's bankais so it totally pissed me of. I waited for a freaking ever since I learned about their bankai to see them and now they just ruined it. way to go kubo. the only practical thing was seeing soifon's bankai which was not really coolest thing ever which I imagined. plus it just one time nuke. so wth? nothing in 50 chapters. nothing to shout hoorayh and jump of your seat for. just a big disappointment.[spoiler] nahh it was pointless actually. that arc of one piece and not to make it seem like pointless one oda just put some archeological findings for robin to discover. but one piece overall is way to long as a manga. the whole thing is way dragged out. like having these arcs for every single character they recruit/rescue/ect. the whole thing should just ended or ending right now. the whole recruiting/arcing thing is just totally pointless and just pisses me of. and gets so freaking predictable and boring I can't believe I made it to chapter 500+ and to this good stuff that we have right now. I deserve a freaking gold medal for crying out loud . as for naruto you have a good point here. I was thinking about it as well. they should just waited. but many popular anime get that fate. as for me I would rather wait a long time than sit around for fillers later on. [/spoilers]
    Edited on 08/03/2009 2:43pm
    Edited 5 total times.

robdude123

[32]Aug 3, 2009
    • level: 19
    i_hated_hoenn wrote:
    im sorry if this is off topic but is the bount arc filler or not??? because those 3 mod souls are in the canon episodes and when ichigo was fighting his inner hollow kariya was one of the people that he re challnged or whatever.

i think it is obviously off topic since this is the naruto forum and you are talking about bleach.

and yes the bount arc is filler.

X-626

[33]Aug 3, 2009
    i_hated_hoenn wrote:
    im sorry if this is off topic but is the bount arc filler or not??? because those 3 mod souls are in the canon episodes and when ichigo was fighting his inner hollow kariya was one of the people that he re challnged or whatever.

Yes, it's filler. It's similar to what they with Shippuden by having Matsuri show up in the Rescue Gaara. However, unlike Bleach, Matsuri actually was in the manga, although she was a nameless character with no purpose other than to cheer for Gaara after Chiyo revived him.

tvcrazy12

[35]Aug 4, 2009
    • level: 16
    along with wat X said, i think the animators are just scared of getting close, like i think bleach did (dont watch/read, so dont really know). so they feel the need to insert a filler arc in between each canon one it seems. also it looks like they're trying to use the filler arcs to focus on the team thats focused on in the upcoming arc, which isn't a bad idea, it's just executed badly. @ least we know that when the manga finally ends they wont have this problem anymore & they'll get better!

edgar2007perez

[36]Aug 4, 2009
    • level: 4
    i will see kakashi chronicles on thursday i want to see obit uchiha and i can watch english dubbed shippuden up to episode 4 "the jinchiruki of the sand". The only hint is naruto (slash) episode and is consider the naruto number 1 website.

nacholibre92

[37]Aug 4, 2009
    How many more episodes do you guys think are left? I think there'll be more than 30 this time.

X-626

[38]Aug 5, 2009
    nacholibre92 wrote:
    How many more episodes do you guys think are left? I think there'll be more than 30 this time.
    I don't thin this arc will end until at least next spring. This is the 3rd longest arc in Naruto so far.
    Edited on 08/05/2009 11:51am

Ranemoraken

[39]Aug 5, 2009
    • level: 20
    There are...
    ***SPOILER***
    ... chapters left until the end of the arc. It depends on the ratio, but if it keeps going at a 2:1, then this arc will finish in half as many episodes.

Additionally, after 84 episodes, the anime will catch the manga. Sounds pretty good though.

nacholibre92

[40]Aug 5, 2009
    X-626 wrote:
    nacholibre92 wrote:

I don't this arc will end until at least next spring. This is the 3rd longest arc in Naruto so far.
    I meant the season not the arc, and I'm pretty sure you're right about this arc having more than 30 episodes.