Naruto Shippuden Forums

Thursday 8:30 PM on TV TokyoIn Season

Official Latest Shippuden Anime Episode Discussion Thread (SPOILERS WARNING)

Ranemoraken

[141]Oct 12, 2009
    • level: 20
    No_Hablo_Ingles wrote:

Ok I just finished my first episode of Shuppuden (125) Here are few things I noticed

Konan has a man Face...
    Karin has red hair... never knew that... Kind of reminds me of a Sakura with glasses
    Jugo said "Sasuke is the only one who can stop my urges." I literally couldn't stop laughing for the next 8 minutes.
    Shino and Kiba look awesome... Hinata looks... taller (~_^)
    I remembered how much I hate Sakura's voice...

Jugo says that? That IS hilarious! Wow! I hope that stays in the dub.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Ranemoraken

[143]Oct 14, 2009
    I think the challenge of that arc is...
    ***SPOILER***

animation_luver

[144]Oct 15, 2009
    • level: 3
    wow i knew that jiraiya was kick *** ninja but wow sage mode if only jiraiya knew his secret
    ***SPOILER***

XplantekX

[145]Oct 15, 2009
    • level: 8
    Hell ya good ep... I agree this opening is really spoilish... Sage mode, awesome those two little old toads... and I was wondering now WTH the grandpa toad is just using a single "water gun" and then... mamma mia it just cut into halfs that summoned Ican'trecallwhat... That ep was just simply perfect

pikastatic100

[146]Oct 15, 2009
    • level: 48
    Still loving the new opening, I appreciate it more each time I hear it. The episode was awesome; the fight up to the point when Jiraiya went Sage Mode may have been dragged out a bit, but it was still great action. Now that Pain has summoned two more paths, the battle is bound to get even more intense.

LordMordor

[147]Oct 17, 2009
    • level: 12
    i'm loving these eps, Pain has always been my favorite character. I really hope the animation keeps at this level for all his appearences, because it really is amazing quality.

No_Hablo_Ingles

[148]Oct 17, 2009
    • level: 9
    Ranemoraken wrote:
    No_Hablo_Ingles wrote:

Ok I just finished my first episode of Shuppuden (125) Here are few things I noticed

Konan has a man Face...
    Karin has red hair... never knew that... Kind of reminds me of a Sakura with glasses
    Jugo said "Sasuke is the only one who can stop my urges." I literally couldn't stop laughing for the next 8 minutes.
    Shino and Kiba look awesome... Hinata looks... taller (~_^)
    I remembered how much I hate Sakura's voice...

Jugo says that? That IS hilarious! Wow! I hope that stays in the dub.

Same... That would make my day go so much better.

Ranemoraken

[149]Oct 24, 2009
    Alright, some statistics!

The current arc, since Deidara vs Sasuke started has maintained a 2.5 chapter to episode ratio. The series hasn't moved this fast ever. Even the Sasuke retrieval arc only clocked in around 2.1

The arc as a whole is expected to last....
    ***SPOILER***
    Ultimately, after this arc is complete, there will be 73 chapters of manga to translate into anime - although we had started with 108, so it is very apparent that the number has dropped at a faster rate (Normal pace would set it with above 80 chapters to translate). There are certain implications here - and I will list as many as I can think.

1. The animators have been told that part 2 is coming to an end, and no longer need to fluff out the good stuff.

2. The animators have noted that fans really want to see the canon material translated fast and correctly, and don't care about how much filler this costs them. 3. That there is only fifty episodes of canon material left to show at the current rate. (not a bad thing)

animetion_lover

[150]Oct 24, 2009
    • level: 1
    forget statistics i just wanna see an awesome battle next week i said it last week and ill say it again. i knew jiraiya was a kick butt ninja but man it just sucks that jiraiya was actually able to kill 3 of the bodies only to have them revived. jiraiya is a great ninja indeed

axe_king

[152]Oct 29, 2009
    first of all i totally disagree with the guy who said the English start in the OP was bad. I think it was best part of the entire OP .

Man I really love this current pacing. now naruto really feels good to watch again. I remember at naruto vs oro I could barely watch it due to slow ass pacing that indeed was so horrible to watch I could hardly watch it. and did I mention the pacing.....?

and man this is kinda good. But I noticed that animators did kinda sloppy work with drawing yahiko's pain. it was kinda pain in the ass to watch it (had to say it). and not so well on this last episode.

but besides that a really sad ending and thankfully unlike one piece (when sacrificial people die they still don't die) jiraiya's death was kinda meaningful. letting the new generation surpass previous one is nice.

kinda sad he had to go but I guess it could not be helped

animatiun_lover

[153]Oct 29, 2009
    • level: 2
    the anime is moving faster than i thought. now that jiraiya is dead things should be gettin really spiced up. its sad to see him go but like you said at least it was meaningful. ill be looking forward to pains death even if he became a good guy

game_masta14

[154]Oct 29, 2009
    • level: 8
    Damn, Jiraiya got pwned in that episode. No joke. And now the next major event:
    ***SPOILER***
    Can't wait for that one.

animatiun_lover

[155]Oct 29, 2009
    jiraiya didnt really get pawned i mean for christ sake he killed 3 of peins bodies if pein needed all 6 bodies to defeat jiraiya i wouldnt exactly call it "pawned"

No_Hablo_Ingles

[156]Oct 29, 2009

animatiun_lover wrote:
    jiraiya didnt really get pawned i mean for christ sake he killed 3 of peins bodies if pein needed all 6 bodies to defeat jiraiya i wouldnt exactly call it "pawned"

I'm going to give you a chance to say that comment is incorrect before we waste several pages on an argument that will just end with you deflecting or admitting I'm right...

master_m11

[157]Oct 29, 2009
    No_Hablo_Ingles wrote:

animatiun_lover wrote:

I'm going to give you a chance to say that comment is incorrect before we waste several pages on an argument that will just end with you deflecting or admitting I'm right...

Yeah i would have say Jiraiya did get pawned considering he struggled with just the three of them.
    Edited on 10/29/2009 2:59pm

No_Hablo_Ingles

[158]Oct 29, 2009
    master_m11 wrote:
    No_Hablo_Ingles wrote:

animatiun_lover wrote:

yeah i would have say jiraiya did get pawned considering he struggled with just the three of them.

Pain didn't even use God Realm in the fight....

LordMordor

[159]Oct 29, 2009
    there really is no argument that can be made here...Pain >>> Jiraiya, plain and simple.

If Pain is fighting to kill, there is virtually no ninja in the series that can fight all 6 realms at once by themselves. (Pain had Naruto at his mercy on two seperate occaisions, he was fighting to capture, not kill)

great episode overall, i loved how they pushed back those manga scenes with Team Hebi meeting Kisame and Naruto's group meeting tobi. In the Manga it really broke the tension that was building with Jiraya/Pain. This felt much smoother.

animatiun_lover

[160]Oct 29, 2009
    No_Hablo_Ingles wrote:

animatiun_lover wrote:

lol ok all im going to say is that if jiraiya knew pains secret he wouldve won thats all im going to say