Naruto Shippuden Forums

Thursday 8:30 PM on TV TokyoIn Season

Official Manga Discussion/Speculation Thread (*MAJOR SPOILERS WARNING*)

X-626

[1]Jul 20, 2009
    • level: 51
    Like the Naruto forum, this thread is for the discussion of the latest Naruto manga chapters and speculation of future chapters. Spoilers are definitely to be expected!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

edmasterchaos

[2]Jul 21, 2009
    • level: 41
    First

So, this week's chapter killed the Naruto-Confused-For-Hokage theory...

nacholibre92

[3]Jul 22, 2009
    • level: 24
    Second, it looks like it.

ross93

[4]Jul 23, 2009
    • level: 14
    http://anime-and-manga.info/bleach/index.php/bleach-367?page=1#bleach-chapter-367-pics.jpg

go here new pics and summary

Ranemoraken

[5]Jul 24, 2009
    • level: 20
    Boy, Raikage's face is gonna be Soooo Red when he finds out who it was that was begging him.

Still, I'm not sure what Madara has to gain by having Danzo assassinated, but it is slightly ironic considering this is Sasuke returning the favor.

Ah, she has red hair!

Lots of developments, it's unclear where the story will head, or if any of these ninja will get in fights. It doesn't seem that way.

pikastatic100

[6]Jul 24, 2009
    • level: 48
    Just copying and pasting what I posted in the Naruto Forum's manga thread:

The tension is definitely heating up; Sasuke's preparing to kill Danzo, Naruto confronts Raikage about him, and the meeting is finally about to begin. It looks like Raikage is set in his decision that Sasuke should be killed, but I dunno; he may change his mind later. I wonder what Sai wants to talk to Sakura about... I sense NaruSaku moments coming up there.
    Edited on 07/24/2009 6:40am

LadyLaura26

[7]Jul 25, 2009
    • level: 12
    Ranemoraken wrote:
    Boy, Raikage's face is gonna be Soooo Red when he finds out who it was that was begging him.
    why do you say that?
    Edited on 07/27/2009 11:17am

AnimeMadness

[8]Jul 25, 2009
    • level: 22
    Here's a copy and paste from the other thread...

Give the guy a break. Naruto is not the type of shinobi who just willingly bows his head before anyone. He shows disrespect to Tsunade and other high-ranking ninjas all the time. He's desperate, while that may seem pitiful I think he had guts to suck it up and do this.

The whole point with Naruto now is he's trying to break away from being the ideal blood-thirsty, killer ninja so that there will be peace in the world. If he came to Raikage demanding or threatening him (as he's known to do) to not kill Sasuke, then that would have caused a bigger problem.

This chapter wasn't as exciting but its leading up to the action. I have no doubt Naruto is going to do something in front of all the Kages that may change their views into a different light. (Although I don't know if Gaara's view can get any brighter. XD) As for Sai, I love his character development but I swear he better not confess Naruto's feelings to Sakura... Nows not the time and place for that...... =__=;

X-626

[9]Jul 25, 2009
    Ranemoraken wrote:

Still, I'm not sure what Madara has to gain by having Danzo assassinated, but it is slightly ironic considering this is Sasuke returning the favor.

1. That's assuming Naruto is actually given credit for Pain's defeat at the meeting. None of the ninja who know the truth are around during the meeting, and Danzo could easily claim credit among the kage. Or, he could simply mention Pain's defeat and not say who did it. This is assuming his defeat is brought up at all.

2. It proves something: Danzo is not Madara, despite some people still thinking that when the Sharingan was shown. I'm pretty sure Zetsu wouldn't tell Sasuke that it was okay to kill Danzo if that were the case.

thomas004

[10]Jul 25, 2009
    • level: 4
    i''m getting sick of how they keep switching between the narusaku and naruhina moments, seriously kishi choose the one you want!!

the rest of this chapter was decent though and the next is going to be even more interesting, but i still think its to bad naruto wants sasuke to be safe, seriously, sasuke woulden''t naruto dieing would he??

X-626

[11]Jul 26, 2009
    thomas004 wrote:
    i''m getting sick of how they keep switching between the narusaku and naruhina moments, seriously kishi choose the one you want!!

Considering Hinata only smiled as Sakura was with Naruto after the Pain fight, I think she understands that Naruto likes Sakura. I think she loves Naruto enough to allow him to be happy with another.

edmasterchaos

[12]Jul 26, 2009
    Wait, don't put out the Madanzou theory out yet. Could be that Madara wanted to kill off sasuke and use his body, and what better way than by having him jump in the lion cage, then when everyone finishes their beat-up, he just goes "Ok, he is dead, but still he was a konoha nin, the last of his clan, we should bury him respectfully in konoha." and then he takes whatever he needs from the body.

Of course, that implies Sasuke dying, so i am obviously wrong....

Anyway, about this chapter, story moves along in a way that i am not certain if its good or not, naruto is being a bit** about people not hurting eachother while not making any sense (two more chapters of him being like that and he will be worse than sakura before the time skip) the new characters are kinda entertaining, specially cloud and Sai is being awesome, same stuff as the last couple of weeks.

Oh, and, i hope we actually see Hinata at some point... or any other of the Konoha characters who are still good to see...

axe_king

[13]Jul 26, 2009
    • level: 9
    X-626 wrote:
    thomas004 wrote:

Considering Hinata only smiled as Sakura was with Naruto after the Pain fight, I think she understands that Naruto likes Sakura. I think she loves Naruto enough to allow him to be happy with another.

actually I'm bored with narusaku.hinanaru is way cuter. and she even sacrifised herself and all of the sudden i was forgotten just after pain invasion arc. wth? I want more naruhina.

edmasterchaos

[14]Jul 26, 2009
    axe_king wrote:
    X-626 wrote:
    thomas004 wrote:
    actually I'm bored with narusaku.hinanaru is way cuter. and she even sacrifised herself and all of the sudden i was forgotten just after pain invasion arc. wth? I want more naruhina.
    Wait!
    How come the ship is called NaruHina when Hinaru is a more convinient name? sure sounds like the name of some japanese dude, but the american audience should be able to use that ship name with no trouble.

AnimeMadness

[15]Jul 26, 2009
    Usually when it comes to Naruto pairings, people always put the dominant partner in the relationship first. That's why you always see NaruHina or NaruSaku instead of HinaNaru or SakuNaru.

edmasterchaos

[16]Jul 26, 2009
    AnimeMadness wrote:
    Usually when it comes to Naruto pairings, people always put the dominant partner in the relationship first. That's why you always see NaruHina or NaruSaku instead of HinaNaru or SakuNaru.
    Ah, good point.

It would be more fun if the fanbase was like the pokemon fanbase, with all those creative names they have for the thousands of shippings there are

AnimeMadness

[17]Jul 26, 2009
    Yeah but it gets confusing after a while.

Ranemoraken

[18]Jul 26, 2009
    • level: 20
    X-626 wrote:
    Ranemoraken wrote:

1. That's assuming Naruto is actually given credit for Pain's defeat at the meeting. None of the ninja who know the truth are around during the meeting, and Danzo could easily claim credit among the kage. Or, he could simply mention Pain's defeat and not say who did it. This is assuming his defeat is brought up at all.

2. It proves something: Danzo is not Madara, despite some people still thinking that when the Sharingan was shown. I'm pretty sure Zetsu wouldn't tell Sasuke that it was okay to kill Danzo if that were the case.
    If you look at Danzo's backwards glare as he walked away from Naruto, his face looked heavy with thought. That at the very least indicates curiosity, and those who oppose Naruto have all been shamed by his benevolence at some point or another. Sasuke, the exception of course.

I too am tired of Sakura and Naruto. I'd prefer the darker stretch, where Sakura leaves with Sasuke and Naruto faces yet another failure.

nacholibre92

[19]Jul 28, 2009
    • level: 24
    Confirmed spoiler

The ones who made up the mercenary force called Akatsuki were advisors of many countries
    The Tsuchikage used the Akatsuki to make money
    The Godaime Mizukage interferes, saying her country has no knowledge of this since they're isolated
    (This is the Yondaime Mizukage's fault... That is, the Godaime reveals that it is possible the Yondaime has been manipulating someone)
    Suna planned the Konoha Crash using the Akatsuki (Well, Gaara's father did)
    The Hokage is sceptic, questioning whether they should interfere with these advisors (Danzou is silent)
    The Raikage vents his anger towards the other Kage
    Those able to control the Bijuu: Madara, the Shodai Hokage, the Yondaime Mizukage, Killer Bee

Then the neutral power states their opinion
    How about making an alliance of the Five Countries?
    Then the Hokage, whose country still has its Bijuu, will take supreme command (since there's no hope for the rest). What do you think?
    upon hearing that, the Raikage ask "What the hell!?"

And it ends with this 

the Yondaime Mizukage's face is revealed (a gentle man), but (with the Bijuu controlling story) the Tobi = the Yondaime Mizukage things seems to still be okay (since Kisame called him the former Mizukage-sama)

a_noob_is_rokz

[20]Jul 28, 2009
    • level: 9

X-626 wrote:
    Ranemoraken wrote:
    Boy, Raikage's face is gonna be Soooo Red when he finds out who it was that was begging him. Still, I'm not sure what Madara has to gain by having Danzo assassinated, but it is slightly ironic considering this is Sasuke returning the favor.
    1. That's assuming Naruto is actually given credit for Pain's defeat at the meeting. None of the ninja who know the truth are around during the meeting, and Danzo could easily claim credit among the kage. Or, he could simply mention Pain's defeat and not say who did it. This is assuming his defeat is brought up at all. 2. It proves something: Danzo is not Madara, despite some people still thinking that when the Sharingan was shown. I'm pretty sure Zetsu wouldn't tell Sasuke that it was okay to kill Danzo if that were the case.
    I wouldn't be so quick to nix the Madanzou theories. Here's a copypasta of what I posted in the other forum:

I'd just like to throw a crazy theory out there: Danzo has the Sharingan because he's actually Madara. His plan is to become the only remaining Uchiha, leader of Konoha and therefore the most powerful Shinobi and to wipe out the Jinchuuriki while he's doing it.

Think about it: Danzo ordered Itachi to kill the Uchihas. Madara helped Itachi carry it out. He became Hokage because one of Madara's underlings almost killed the former Hokage. Prior to that, he ordered Sai to kill Sasuke. He formed Akatsuki to get rid of the Jinchuuriki. Naruto destroyed Akatsuki and Sai failed to kill Sasuke, so now he devised a plan to kill both of them. Sasuke is going to attack him at the meeting. This will inevitably cause his death (well, maybe not since Kishi's in love with Sasuke, but Madara doesn't know that). He knows if he threatens Sasuke's life, Naruto would turn on him in a second. Then he can have Naruto executed as well.Furthermore, this entire situation began because Madara sent Sasuke to capture Killerbee.

It's quite a Xanatos Roulette he set up, but there's something he didn't count on: Killerbee outsmarted Sasuke and he's still alive. Now that's one more Jinchuuriki then he was expecting and if Killerbee is discovered, Sasuke may be pardoned, since other than attacking Killerbee the only thing they can really accuse him of is Grand D*****baggery. And I think they'll let that slide since he killed Itachi, Orochimaru, and Deidara. Hell, if/when Tsuande wakes up she could just make up some bull about him going undercover to kill Orochimaru.

I don't think I'm 100% correct, but if you look at their actions it definitely seems like Danzou and Madara have been cooperating to destroy the Uchiha and the Jinchuuriki. I'm just not sure why. It's possible he wants to be the world's most powerful Shinobi, since he conspired to kill Minato (who was the strongest prior to his death) and the Uchiha, the Jinchuuriki, and the ones with the Rinnengan are the three most powerful groups in the world and Madara's actions caused all of their deaths. He also indirectly caused the deaths of the Sannin (assuming Tsunade dies), but that was probably just a convenient side effect rather than an integral part of his plan.

Edited on 07/28/2009 5:51pm