Naruto Shippuden Forums

Thursday 8:30 PM on TV TokyoIn Season

Official Manga Discussion/Speculation Thread (*MAJOR SPOILERS WARNING*)

invisiblish

[2741]Jan 27, 2013
    • level: 9
    I think Kishi was leaning towards Guy with him joining Naruto and Kakashi in battle but found that someone younger and more meaningful was a much more powerful death. I'm also very pleased, though saddened, by his death of choice. The main picture for this forum shows the Genin all grown up, I noticed Ten Ten and thought immediately that she has been (overall) a support character that has been rather useless. I would have been rather annoyed with her death as the catalyst for Naruto's counter attack. Can't kill Kakashi because he has to defeat Obito, can't kill Naruto because he has to win and fight Sasuke. Could kill Bee, but his death wouldn't resonate as much to the readers as a long time favorite. Only Sakura could be killed and mean more to the readers without removing faith in the war effort.

Maybe I'm dumbing it down but the storylines/roles of the Genin are as follows:

Neji - First over powering rival conquered (Kiba), support for various missions, Hyuga, Deceased (Catalyst)
    Lee - Friendly rival, various support efforts, first powerful sacrifice (Gaara). Fellow underdog rising to meet each challenge
    Ten Ten - Various support, otherwise useless

Ino - Various support, backstory for Sakura, otherwise useless (Exception: InoShikaCho)
    Choji - Various support, fellow underdog rising to meet each challenge
    Shikamaru - Various support, leader amongst peers, avenger for fallen teacher

Kiba - First rival conquered, various support
    Shino - Various support, otherwise useless
    Hinata - Various support, fellow underdog, catalyst for Pain's defeat, Hyuga

Sakura - Various support, underdog, motivating figure
    Sasuke - Rival, unconquered enemy, motivating figure

Even if you add in Gaara, Temari, and Kankuro you still have story lines that have reached their limit.

Note: Sai - new, resonates with readers, effective until death of Danzo
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MatejDijanin

[2742]Jan 29, 2013
    • level: 5
    Hinata shouldn't be on that list since I just don't see how she would affect the war effort other than breaking it, or to be precise, breaking naruto's will to fight a bit too early. I mean, Hinata pretty much took over sakura role in naruto's life(and is seemingly for now more important), and, maybe, I'm just reaching but I think that the dynamic between naruto and hinata changed from simply being friends.. My belief is at the end of the story(if naruto doesn't die), hinata will be the one that naruto goes after. To me it would make sense. Or Kishi will kill her off a bit later(hopefully not, I actually like her) to break naruto or something similar.. This is just my take on it but at least it is not improbable in my book...

invisiblish

[2743]Jan 29, 2013
    I'm saying that of the original genin in the first chunin exam (ie. Naruto's direct classmates as well as Team Gai) most, if not all of the characters have had stories develop and already close. In most cases, their stories have long since been complete, and only real 'usefulness' would be as a sacrifice, such as Neji or Hinata during the Pain Conflict.

On the topic of Hinata, I agree with you that I think he should and 'practically' would go with Hinata. I personally feel that Sakura will die during whatever conflict arises between Naruto and Sasuke. However, I expect that the true result is that Naruto will be much like Jiraiya, taking his skills on the road to 'continue his adventures and bring peace to the world'. That is, of course, if he doesn't die. I'm not sure that all of Team 10 doesn't end up dead, or perhaps just Kakashi and Sasuke. I could see Sakura taking over the Medical Corps while awaiting Naruto's return. I don't personally expect to see a union between any of them, especially Hinata and Naruto (see Bleach: Ichigo-Rukia-Orihime). The story isn't about the characters unions, but their adventures mild if not a complete lack of focus or caring on such matters

X-626

[2744]Jan 29, 2013
    • level: 51
    So the former Hokage are back in action now! I can't say I saw it coming. Perhaps this is how we'll see Madara stopped. As much as I'd love to see Harashima vs. Madara, I don't want him to beat Mdara. Somebody else needs to be the one to put him down.

Somebody on another forum pointed something out... If Orochimaru got his arms back as well, shouldn't that mean that Kurama will get the other half of his chakra back too? Will we see Naruto get the biggest power-boost yet because of this?

qtwanderer

[2745]Jan 29, 2013
    • level: 27

Very interesting turn of events...It would make sense for Naruto/Kurama to get it back if Orochimaru got his arms back.

Does this mean Oro is at full strength? and this raises some questions about those masks, the uzamaki temple place and how Minato learned the technique...

Edited on 01/30/2013 1:47pm

KyleXY_MCR_1379

[2746]Jan 30, 2013

Maybe someone could explain this chapter to me because I was a little confused. Yeah Oro got his arms back but I thought you couldn't use Edo Tensei to bring back sealed souls. Could he do it because he opened up the Reaper of Souls?

This was definitely an unexpected turn. Wish Minato and even the 3rd could see how much Naruto has grown but something tells me they won't make it on the battlefield.

qtwanderer

[2747]Jan 30, 2013
    I wish we could see some more of the 3rd's skills >.> To try and answer your question; Yes, he sliced open the stomach using his body (which was being possesed after putting the mask on) which is why his stomach was also split open.
    This let out anything sealed within the stomach of the Reaper, thus unsealing.

The question I have is: How does this "undo" happen?
    Is the Reaper solely the only Reaper. There were plenty of masks and I hope that I don't make this into something bigger than it is but what if each mask pertained to a certain Reaper, each mask had a different face than the others.
    How did Oro get that scroll?

invisiblish

[2748]Jan 31, 2013

I agree that the masks should probably represent different things but not necessarily reapers. As previously mentioned Minato (the 4th) used the Uzumaki's sealing techniques, thus his wife and her lineage created them. I'd bet that each mask is a representative of each sealing technique OR just duplicates that hide the true mask in case someone like Oro came knocking. I'm not sure about Naruto and his power boost, though it would be awesome to see. Oro might be able to do these things because he 'is the reaper' for the moment. As of yet, nothing is permanent, nor is anything proven to happen outside of being directly connected to The Reaper. (On a note: I would say that they are permanent, why else would Oro comply with Sasuke?)

I'm excited that they have returned, even if it's just for some Q & A. I think it would be a shame for all of the major players throughout the series to come back and not include the biggest players of all. I wonder what exactly the Hokage are back for, Sasuke can't have that many questions, can he? And really only the 3rd can answer any of his questions, as the 1st, 2nd, and 4th were all dead by the time Itachi and Danzo betrayed the Uchiha clan.

Between Bleach, Naruto, and even One Piece 2013 Manga is off to an absolutely incredible start (although an imminent end for at least 2 of the aforementioned 3).

Edit: Isn't it likely that Oro got information of the scroll from Karin, her being an Uzumaki and all?

Edited on 01/31/2013 10:45am

qtwanderer

[2749]Jan 31, 2013

invisiblish wrote:
    Or just duplicates that hide the true mask in case someone like Oro came knocking.
    I think this is most likely the case, seeing as only Oro would know the face of Reaper that took his arms.. I forgot about Karin, everytime. Thats also very likely.

Edited on 02/04/2013 9:58pm

MatejDijanin

[2750]Feb 5, 2013
    Interesting chapter.. seems like Sasuke isn't as hell bent on revenge anymore...

LordGrievous

[2751]Feb 5, 2013
    • level: 13

MatejDijanin wrote:
    Interesting chapter.. seems like Sasuke isn't as hell bent on revenge anymore...

And we find out why Madara wants to put everyone under an illusion.

qtwanderer

[2752]Feb 5, 2013
    I would say I liked this informative chapter but for

...God of Shinobi.....
    Correct me if I'm mistaken, but wasn't it the nickname given to the Third hokage and not the First?
    I'm about 98% sure for the last 7years, this was a fact.

Not liking this Kishimoto with dementia....

CrimsonDragon24

[2753]Feb 5, 2013
    • level: 1

I'm guessing that after the first answers Sasuke's questions, The fourth will tell everyone what happened that night, and Sasuke will find out why everyone thought his clan had committed treason. Who else hopes that the 4 kages will head to the battlefield to fight Madara?

MatejDijanin

[2754]Feb 5, 2013
    qtwanderer wrote:
    I would say I liked this informative chapter but for

...God of Shinobi.....
    Correct me if I'm mistaken, but wasn't it the nickname given to the Third hokage and not the First?
    I'm about 98% sure for the last 7years, this was a fact.

Not liking this Kishimoto with dementia....

I'm pretty sure that Sandaime(the third) was callled ''the professor'' not ''god of shinobi''

qtwanderer

[2755]Feb 5, 2013
    Well, that too...

Found it, I was right. He was called both.

LordGrievous

[2756]Feb 6, 2013

qtwanderer wrote:
    I would say I liked this informative chapter but for ...God of Shinobi..... Correct me if I'm mistaken, but wasn't it the nickname given to the Third hokage and not the First? I'm about 98% sure for the last 7years, this was a fact. Not liking this Kishimoto with dementia....

Yeah that confused me, even though the first is suppose to be the most powerful of the four, I've only ever heard the title of "God of Shinobi" being referred to the third Hokageand the Sage of Six Paths.

invisiblish

[2757]Feb 6, 2013
    CrimsonDragon24 wrote:

I'm guessing that after the first answers Sasuke's questions, The fourth will tell everyone what happened that night, and Sasuke will find out why everyone thought his clan had committed treason. Who else hopes that the 4 kages will head to the battlefield to fight Madara?

The 4th was Dead by the time the Uchiha clan was wiped out. Remember Naruto is not much older than Sasuke, and Sasuke was already attending school when the Uchiha were wiped out by Itachi. I highly doubt the 4th has any information that can be helpful to Sasuke. Though I do wonder if Sasuke will mention Naruto any... I'm curious to see the 4th's reaction to news of Naruto ans his well being, let alone the 3rd.

Did we learn why Madara wants to put the world under a spell? We know, in a matter of speaking why Obito wants to (Rin's death) but why Madara? Killing his own brother couldn't have caused all this, could it?

MatejDijanin

[2758]Feb 6, 2013
    invisiblish wrote:
    CrimsonDragon24 wrote:

The 4th was Dead by the time the Uchiha clan was wiped out. Remember Naruto is not much older than Sasuke, and Sasuke was already attending school when the Uchiha were wiped out by Itachi. I highly doubt the 4th has any information that can be helpful to Sasuke. Though I do wonder if Sasuke will mention Naruto any... I'm curious to see the 4th's reaction to news of Naruto ans his well being, let alone the 3rd.

Did we learn why Madara wants to put the world under a spell? We know, in a matter of speaking why Obito wants to (Rin's death) but why Madara? Killing his own brother couldn't have caused all this, could it?

Well it might have... didn't the 1st say something about how Madara loved his brother.

LordGrievous

[2759]Feb 7, 2013

invisiblish wrote:
    CrimsonDragon24 wrote:

The 4th was Dead by the time the Uchiha clan was wiped out. Remember Naruto is not much older than Sasuke, and Sasuke was already attending school when the Uchiha were wiped out by Itachi. I highly doubt the 4th has any information that can be helpful to Sasuke. Though I do wonder if Sasuke will mention Naruto any... I'm curious to see the 4th's reaction to news of Naruto ans his well being, let alone the 3rd. Did we learn why Madara wants to put the world under a spell? We know, in a matter of speaking why Obito wants to (Rin's death) but why Madara? Killing his own brother couldn't have caused all this, could it?

Madara didn't kill his brother.

Madara's brother was still alive after Madara took his eyes, he evenwas able to gointo combat, which is how he died.

CrimsonDragon24

[2760]Feb 7, 2013
    • level: 1
    Yes, but Sasuke also has two conflicting stories about the Kyuubi's attack on the village. Itachi told him it was Madara's doing, and Tobi said it was a natural disaster. The Uchiha Clan was suspected of causing the attack (likely in part because the Sharingan was visible in the Kyuubi's eyes), which led to them being pushed into a corner, and led to the planned coup. Minato can tell him which version is true, and therefore whether or not the suspicion was justified.