Naruto Shippuden Forums

Thursday 8:30 PM on TV TokyoIn Season

Official Manga Discussion/Speculation Thread (*MAJOR SPOILERS WARNING*)

invisiblish

[2761]Feb 7, 2013
    • level: 9
    I don't think Sasuke is after who or what caused the Kyuubi attack on the village. Personally I don't think he has any care about any of this, he just wants the story to be straight. His actions will probably not change, only the reason that he does them. Just like before, he would destroy the village to get to Itachi (and after he did) he would destroy the village to avenge Itachi. End result being he would destroy the village. I think all of this information is just going to help him pick a reason to destroy the village...

However, this may help him choose a side in this war. I think the outcome of this war will be decided by Sasuke's aid. I think he'll help Naruto so that he can make the Madara/Tobi plan his own. Ie. I used the bulldozer to destroy the wall, so that I could use the building to destroy the bulldozer. Currently he is the only Uchiha that seems capable to do so; Madara is undead and Obito only has his one eye, though Kakashi could remedy that issue.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CrimsonDragon24

[2762]Feb 13, 2013
    • level: 1

Well, it looks like the kage's will be joining the war after they are finished here, if their reactions were anything to go by. I'm liking the first hokage more and more, he seems like a really nice guy. While I'm not thrilled about a flashback arc, this is a chance to learn some interesting information.........

On another note, now I'm wondering what Orochimaru is really up to, and why he really attacked the leaf.

MatejDijanin

[2763]Feb 13, 2013
    • level: 5
    Not much has happened in this chapter other han a few questions raised... but overall I'm looking forward to some backstory on the world of the shinobi...

invisiblish

[2764]Feb 13, 2013
    I'm actually a huge fan of this development. It's quite a nice surprise to see the fight of Madara and the 1st. I really didn't see it coming at all. I may not be happy with the revelation of the actual fight, but I am pleasantly surprised that the story managed a surprise this late in the game (without killing off another main character in some dramatic fashion that is all but predictable during a war).

Also, I'm happy that the 4th could recognize that Naruto and Kurama are fighting together.

So by the look of it... Tobirama was also called the God of Shinobi. Perhaps I'm not mistaken, but it could mean that the Hokage comes with a nick name of sorts: 'God of Shinobi'. Another way of saying he was worthy of being called Hokage.

MatejDijanin

[2765]Feb 26, 2013
    So hashirama and madara met as children... and seemingly are the ones who orchestrated the peace... hmm

invisiblish

[2766]Feb 27, 2013
    It's interesting that Hashirama had another sibling that reminds me so much of Zetsu. Even more so that the Uchiha were his enemy to begin with until he and Madara orchestrated an apparent treaty. It would seem that they invited the Wolves to dinner then 'whined and dined' them before they inevitably bared teeth once again. Lucky that Itachi chose the village over his own people or Shisui depending on which inspired the other.

MatejDijanin

[2767]Mar 2, 2013

invisiblish wrote:
    It's interesting that Hashirama had another sibling that reminds me so much of Zetsu. Even more so that the Uchiha were his enemy to begin with until he and Madara orchestrated an apparent treaty. It would seem that they invited the Wolves to dinner then 'whined and dined' them before they inevitably bared teeth once again. Lucky that Itachi chose the village over his own people or Shisui depending on which inspired the other.

My bet is that Itama's death will be the thing that pushes madara and hashirama into creating a peace, although I find it ironic that the death of Madara's brother is the thing that ends it somewhat.. So far even though I like this development it just give me a kinda ''deja vu'' feeling since it's essentialy a naruto vs sasuke even though it set chronologicaly before those events the narrative is this way and it's a flashback so it gives me ''I've seen it'' feeling.. Yeah it has it own unique elements but the general framing is quite similar

Edited on 03/02/2013 3:28pm

invisiblish

[2768]Mar 2, 2013
    MatejDijanin wrote:

invisiblish wrote:

My bet is that Itama's death will be the thing that pushes madara and hashirama into creating a peace, although I find it ironic that the death of Madara's brother is the thing that ends it somewhat.. So far even though I like this development it just give me a kinda ''deja vu'' feeling since it's essentialy a naruto vs sasuke even though it set chronologicaly before those events the narrative is this way and it's a flashback so it gives me ''I've seen it'' feeling.. Yeah it has it own unique elements but the general framing is quite similar

You make the exact point that Tobi (posing as Madara, actually Obito all along) made to Kakashi, Naruto, and co. when declaring war. He said that Naruto and Sasuke were bred from the opposite lineages and that they were destined to fight just as Hashirama and Madara did before. I guess the back story is important but I kind of wish this entire thing remain a mystery. Ever since Sasuke vs Naruto, we understood that an epic battle took place that shaped the Village... I was ok with it being a bit mysterious on what specifically happened.

MatejDijanin

[2769]Mar 3, 2013
    invisiblish wrote:
    MatejDijanin wrote:

invisiblish wrote:

You make the exact point that Tobi (posing as Madara, actually Obito all along) made to Kakashi, Naruto, and co. when declaring war. He said that Naruto and Sasuke were bred from the opposite lineages and that they were destined to fight just as Hashirama and Madara did before. I guess the back story is important but I kind of wish this entire thing remain a mystery. Ever since Sasuke vs Naruto, we understood that an epic battle took place that shaped the Village... I was ok with it being a bit mysterious on what specifically happened.

I was also but I'm also kind of hoping that they will shi+ow it.. I guess it's the nature of this mistery.. You both want to know every detail but also you want it to be vague.. And i like it since those misteries tend to be awesome even if you do or don't reveal them

invisiblish

[2770]Mar 5, 2013
    Have to admit that seeing Madara using Kurama against Hashirama's jutsu was a bit of a surprise. I didn't expect the fight to include a Tailed Beast. The actual fight looks promising, I hope the lead up improves or is just as rewarding.

MatejDijanin

[2771]Mar 5, 2013
    This was a nice chapter.. Finally a battle between an uchiha and senju that isn't madara/sasuke vs. hashirama/naruto.. and on top of that we will finally hopefully see Tobirama's fight, if i remember correctly this will be the first time for that...

Sadly the series is going for a break

qtwanderer

[2772]Mar 8, 2013
    • level: 27
    Break?

MatejDijanin

[2773]Mar 11, 2013

qtwanderer wrote:
    Break?

yep... there is no naruto this week.. supposedly it's returning next week.... at leat that's what I read here ---->http://z.mhcdn.net/store/manga/8/63-623.0/compressed/p019.jpg?v=11362619087

Edited on 03/11/2013 4:51pm

qtwanderer

[2774]Mar 12, 2013
    • level: 27
    Ah, I see. I usually never read down there

MatejDijanin

[2775]Mar 19, 2013
    Hmm... This I didn't expect... Kishimoto threw us a curve ball... it has me wondering how the hell will this get resolved since both tobirama and hashirama survive to become hokage of the leaf, and that happens after the unification of senju and uchiha

invisiblish

[2776]Mar 22, 2013

Agreed. I am completely lost as to what exactly happens there. Maybe it has something to do with Tobirama's ability? Tsunade uses something like it, perhaps he cheated death with that technique?

Edit: Perhaps that is what caused strife between Madara and Hashirama?

Edited on 03/22/2013 8:56pm

LordGrievous

[2777]Mar 23, 2013
    • level: 13

MatejDijanin wrote:
    Hmm... This I didn't expect... Kishimoto threw us a curve ball... it has me wondering how the hell will this get resolved since both tobirama and hashirama survive to become hokage of the leaf, and that happens after the unification of senju and uchiha

Last I heard the Uchiha clan members wanted to finally end the feud while Madara didn't.

So Madara might've been forced into uniting with the Senju by his own clan.

MatejDijanin

[2778]Mar 24, 2013
    Or that's how the reanimation jutsu got created?

invisiblish

[2779]Mar 24, 2013
    MatejDijanin wrote:

That would imply that Hashirama, as he is likely to do, would sacrifice himself as Tobirama was the creator of said jutsu.

MatejDijanin

[2780]Mar 25, 2013
    invisiblish wrote:
    MatejDijanin wrote:

That would imply that Hashirama, as he is likely to do, would sacrifice himself as Tobirama was the creator of said jutsu.

seems possible and likely