Naruto Shippuden Forums

Thursday 8:30 PM on TV TokyoIn Season

Official Manga Discussion/Speculation Thread (*MAJOR SPOILERS WARNING*)

X-626

[121]Sep 2, 2009
    • level: 51
    DocRemedy wrote:
    After reading through the these I'm kind of distraught in the whole direction this lineage was taken. I mean where does Nagato come into this now? Nagato was an Uchiha? Or at least in the same blood lines? Is that how Naruto and Nagato we the destined ones, because together with Nagato's eyes and Naruto's Will of Fire they will bring peace? and I thought the Uchiha's were descendants of the Hyuga? Or was this a lie fabricated through time to cover the past up? I am so confused!
    The way I understand it, it's like this: Rikudou Sennin possessed powerful abilities. Like many stories where a ruler leaves his children equal power, Rikudou Sennin left his two sons with equal abilities. While one child was given powerful ocular abilities, the other was given powerful physical abilities. Naturally, when one was chosen over the other, the other sibling grew jealous and the two fought. These were ancestors of the Uchiha and Senju clan. All the ninja with powerful ocular abilities, such as Nagato, the Uchiha clan, and the Hyuuga clan, were were probably descendants of the brother with ocular abilities, while the Senju clan were the descendants of the brother with physical abilities.

Madara says he sees some of the First Hokage in Naruto. It's possible that one of Naruto's ancestors way back was part of the Senju clan (or whatever the family called itself back then). If this is the case, then Naruto and Sasuke are part of the two groups that have been known to fight one another throughout history.
    Edited on 09/02/2009 11:53am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DocRemedy

[122]Sep 3, 2009
    • level: 11
    X-626 wrote:
    The way I understand it, it's like this: Rikudou Sennin possessed powerful abilities. Like many stories where a ruler leaves his children equal power, Rikudou Sennin left his two sons with equal abilities. While one child was given powerful ocular abilities, the other was given powerful physical abilities. Naturally, when one was chosen over the other, the other sibling grew jealous and the two fought. These were ancestors of the Uchiha and Senju clan. All the ninja with powerful ocular abilities, such as Nagato, the Uchiha clan, and the Hyuuga clan, were were probably descendants of the brother with ocular abilities, while the Senju clan were the descendants of the brother with physical abilities.

Madara says he sees some of the First Hokage in Naruto. It's possible that one of Naruto's ancestors way back was part of the Senju clan (or whatever the family called itself back then). If this is the case, then Naruto and Sasuke are part of the two groups that have been known to fight one another throughout history.

That makes it a bit clearer. I had grasped the concept for the most part. When thinking about such lineage, one must expand their mindset it seems. My problem was I was thinking too short term. When in reality the events revealed happened many many generations ago and is so far diluted and split by the time of the current story. I do find in intriguing how Nagato and Naruto were the "destined children" and if the new story is correct than the two of them united are an embodiment of Rikudou Sennin, as it was originally meant to be.

Ranemoraken

[123]Sep 4, 2009
    • level: 20
    and Byakugan didn't sire the Sharangan. Kakashi did say that it was a rumor.

There was an aspect of me that liked Naruto's scratchy and useless origins, overcoming even his own incapability. I suppose at least, he's always had good genes on his side.

master_m11

[124]Sep 4, 2009
    • level: 12
    I can't beleive jugo was taken down so quick but of course he was fighting the Raikage. I would thought he would fought one of the bodyguards. I guess Sasuke was just using him as a distraction anyways to use his genjutsu.

Madara's talk with Naruto was interesting. So it seems that all the great eye kekkai genkais are ralated. The old sage had two sons, elder had his eyes and the younger one had his body which leads to the Uchiha and Senju clan. Its not a surprise that the Uchiha were about hatred and now Madara calls Sasuke cursed with this hatred and Naruto is like the First Hokage with the will of fire so they are destine to rival one another like Madara and the First and their ancestors.

The Raikage lightning technique makes him pretty fast and it was stated the sharingan couldn't even keep up with it. Sasuke and using his chidori and charging The Raikage should make for an interesting clash. This match up is getting more better with each new chapter which is good so far.This weeks chapter was pretty good.

TheSharter313

[125]Sep 4, 2009
    • level: 1
    So whats happend in the manga so far?

nacholibre92

[126]Sep 4, 2009
    • level: 24
    Where did you last leave off?

master_m11

[127]Sep 5, 2009
    • level: 12
    I don't understand why someone would go in the manga thread if they're not up to date with the story thus far.

I'm quite impressed with the Raikage lighting aura. I can't wait to see what else he has to offer.

pikastatic100

[128]Sep 5, 2009
    • level: 48
    Wow, this chapter was awesome. Sasuke and Raikage are about to go head-to-head, and Madara basically screamed at the top of his lungs that a battle between Naruto and Sasuke is inevitable. After hearing (seeing) what he said about the Senju and the Uchiha, it seems even more likely that the inevitable Naruto vs. Sasuke battle could be the climax of the whole series. I won't jump to conclusions just yet, though.

Anyway, it seems likely that Sasuke isn't going to win his fight with Raikage, but even more likely that even if he loses, he won't die as a result. To put it bluntly, that would be pretty lame IMO. My guess is that either Raikage simply wins but doesn't kill Sasuke, or someone else (such as Madara) intervenes before Raikage can kill Sasuke. I'm leaning toward the latter.

bloodiedblade

[129]Sep 6, 2009
    • level: 9
    raikage is about to lay the smack down if you know what i mean

axe_king

[130]Sep 6, 2009

bloodiedblade wrote:
    layahhh smackadownahh on his candy ass. yeah I'm getting ya. looks really interessting.

this was quite a chapter. kinda good. some more history on ninja world and we finally get a conection between senju, uchiha and the sage of the six paths. kishimoto is putting this together pretty nicely. well done. keep this up

Edited on 09/06/2009 2:33pm

super_ps2player

[131]Sep 7, 2009
    • level: 8
    ......I don't think naruto is related to the senju lineage, I think what madara said was that naruto has inherited the will of fire from shodaime, much like how sandaime inherited the will of fire from his mentors..........

Mask_Your_Pain

[132]Sep 7, 2009
    • level: 2

bloodiedblade wrote:
    You know something... I think Sasuke is going to beat the Raikage. Naruto just beat Pain, not really but for the sake of argument lets say he did, who was at Kage level. Kishi has pretty much kept Naruto one step behind Sasuke in terms of power since the start of the show (with the exception of late in the Chunin Exam Arc and early in the Sasuke Retrieval Arc). So using that logic Sasuke has to also beat someone on Kage level in order to maintain his, for lack of a better word, dominance over Naruto.

Also I doubt Kishi would reveal a Dark Sasuke without over powering him when he is first revealed. Remember when he first got the curse and how he destroyed the 3 sound Ninja? Roughly the same thing.

a_noob_is_rokz

[133]Sep 7, 2009

I would argue that Naruto was stronger than Sasuke the entire Retrieval Arc, since Naruto was trying not to (seriously) hurt him and Sasuke was going to kill him up until the last second. And I think Naruto's stronger now. But other than that I agree.

Then again, it's been quite a while since Sasuke got a deus ex machina power boost (not since he fought Itachi!). He's overdo for a new one.

Edited on 09/07/2009 7:40pm

Mask_Your_Pain

[134]Sep 7, 2009
    a_noob_is_rokz wrote:

I would argue that Naruto was stronger than Sasuke the entire Retrieval Arc, since Naruto was trying not to (seriously) hurt him and Sasuke was going to kill him up until the last second. And I think Naruto's stronger now. But other than that I agree.

Then again, it's been quite a while since Sasuke got a deus ex machina power boost (not since he fought Itachi!). He's overdo for a new one.

Meh. You could argue that. You say Potatoe, I say Tamatoe.

Naruto, if you use just pure strength, is stronger then Sasuke, but there are so many variables. What if Sasuke using the Jutsu he used on Itachi? What if before they get serious Sasuke puts him in Gen-jutsu? So many things could change the outcome of that fight that it's not even argueing.

Im fairly certain that Sasuke will finally pull off a Kakashi. Since the Kage that he is currently fighting seems to be using the lighting element I would not be surprised if Sasuke uses jutsu that are strong against lighting based attack, which is wind I believe. I have no proof that Sasuke knows any wind jutsus, but it seems insane that Sasuke would not use his Sharigan to it's full potential by copying jutsus he has seen.

a_noob_is_rokz

[135]Sep 7, 2009
    Mask_Your_Pain wrote:
    a_noob_is_rokz wrote:

Naruto, if you use just pure strength, is stronger then Sasuke, but there are so many variables. What if Sasuke using the Jutsu he used on Itachi? What if before they get serious Sasuke puts him in Gen-jutsu? So many things could change the outcome of that fight that it's not even argueing.

Im fairly certain that Sasuke will finally pull off a Kakashi. Since the Kage that he is currently fighting seems to be using the lighting element I would not be surprised if Sasuke uses jutsu that are strong against lighting based attack, which is wind I believe. I have no proof that Sasuke knows any wind jutsus, but it seems insane that Sasuke would not use his Sharigan to it's full potential by copying jutsus he has seen.

Don't be ridiculous! Using the Sharingan for it's intended purpose is soooo 400 chapters ago.

Mask_Your_Pain

[136]Sep 7, 2009
    a_noob_is_rokz wrote:
    Mask_Your_Pain wrote:
    a_noob_is_rokz wrote:

Don't be ridiculous! Using the Sharingan for it's intended purpose is soooo 400 chapters ago.
    Good Point. I guess Sasuke is going to have to do something amazing if he can't take advantage of his Opponent being Sick or having an elemental advantage over them.

axe_king

[137]Sep 8, 2009
    so sasuke will loose even if he wins against raikage right? I mean other kages will come after him.

so only salution is for madara to come and spirit him away

super_ps2player

[138]Sep 8, 2009
    • level: 8
    Mask_Your_Pain wrote:
    a_noob_is_rokz wrote:

..........I think Itachi's gift to naruto would help naruto counter sasuke's genjutsu, and possibly even ameraterasu............and sasuke has affinity for lightning and fire, not wind, so he won't be using any wind jutsu (take it as fact or opinion),,........sasuke barely uses his sharingan to copy moves if at all..............

a_noob_is_rokz

[139]Sep 8, 2009
    super_ps2player wrote:
    Mask_Your_Pain wrote:
    a_noob_is_rokz wrote:

..........I think Itachi's gift to naruto would help naruto counter sasuke's genjutsu, and possibly even ameraterasu............and sasuke has affinity for lightning and fire, not wind, so he won't be using any wind jutsu (take it as fact or opinion),,........sasuke barely uses his sharingan to copy moves if at all..............

The Sharingan can copy any element, but that won't happen because nobody's used the Sharingan to copy a jutsu since Sasuke fought Rock Lee. I honestly forgot that it could be used to do that and I think Kishi did too.

Mask_Your_Pain

[140]Sep 8, 2009

axe_king wrote:
    so sasuke will loose even if he wins against raikage right? I mean other kages will come after him. so only salution is for madara to come and spirit him away
    It seems the other Kages are fairly certain the Rakikage(sp?) will win. The only person who I could see helping is Garra and Garra wouldn't be helping the Kage. Just image that when the Rakikage is about to land to final blow sand stops him.

I see that happening only if Kishi wants to make this last 100-200 more chapters because a Ninja War will happen if Garra stops the Rakikage from killing Sasuke.