Naruto Shippuden Forums

Thursday 8:30 PM on TV TokyoIn Season

Official Shippuden Dub Discussion Thread

jah1415

[21]Oct 31, 2009
    • level: 12

Raein0 wrote:
    I watched it on XD, and I thought they could have done better. I liked the original credits with little Naruto and Sasuke, but I guess it seemed to Japanese-like. And cutie jutsu? I honestly don't see it going on so far on XD, soon it will get too violent, and obviously cussy with Hidan. If they make it to Hidan, they'll most likely have him say something like "idiot" or some cheesy word instead of what he does say. I would like to see how they will change it though.

Well Hidan doesn't curse that much in the first place so... Anyway I'm fine with the disney xd airing. Hopefully they'll losen up with the edits like cn did

Edited on 10/31/2009 8:24pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jah1415

[23]Nov 1, 2009

shadowysea07 wrote:
    cn never removed weapons that i can remember. its pretty obvious its gonna be run into the ground on xd.

no it's not obvious.

No_Hablo_Ingles

[24]Nov 1, 2009
    • level: 9

YES! we got a new member who likes to argue! LETS DESTROY HIM!

animatiun_lover

[25]Nov 1, 2009
    • level: 2

No_Hablo_Ingles wrote:

LOL!

jah1415 wrote:

shadowysea07 wrote:
    cn never removed weapons that i can remember. its pretty obvious its gonna be run into the ground on xd.

no it's not obvious.

how is it not obvious O_o disney is kinda treating it like like one piece so it most likely wont last long

jah1415 wrote:

Raein0 wrote:
    I watched it on XD, and I thought they could have done better. I liked the original credits with little Naruto and Sasuke, but I guess it seemed to Japanese-like. And cutie jutsu? I honestly don't see it going on so far on XD, soon it will get too violent, and obviously cussy with Hidan. If they make it to Hidan, they'll most likely have him say something like "idiot" or some cheesy word instead of what he does say. I would like to see how they will change it though.

Well Hidan doesn't curse that much in the first place so... Anyway I'm fine with the disney xd airing. Hopefully they'll losen up with the edits like cn did

hidan doesnt curse that much are you serious????? hes probably the biggest potty mouth in shippuden!!!

No_Hablo_Ingles

[26]Nov 1, 2009
    • level: 9
    animatiun_lover wrote:

No_Hablo_Ingles wrote:

LOL!

jah1415

[27]Nov 1, 2009
    animatiun_lover wrote:

No_Hablo_Ingles wrote:

LOL!

jah1415 wrote:

shadowysea07 wrote:

no it's not obvious.

how is it not obvious O_o disney is kinda treating it like like one piece so it most likely wont last long

jah1415 wrote:

Raein0 wrote:

hidan doesnt curse that much are you serious????? hes probably the biggest potty mouth in shippuden!!!

Not from the subs I've seen.

Also if it were like one piece then we wouldn't't get Japanese opening, endings, Story would have been changed etc

Edited on 11/01/2009 8:53am

shadowysea07

[28]Nov 1, 2009
    • level: 25
    jah1415 wrote:
    animatiun_lover wrote:

No_Hablo_Ingles wrote:

LOL!

jah1415 wrote:

shadowysea07 wrote:

no it's not obvious.

jah1415 wrote:

Raein0 wrote:

Also if it were like one piece then we wouldn't't get Japanese opening, endings, Story would have been changed etc

one piece after 4kids was gone not only got op and endings but they were even sung in english !!!!!1112!1. funi dubbed it a tiny bit better than 4kids but not by much. the uncut dvds however are probably a different story.

fires me mallet gun

Edited on 11/01/2009 12:00pm

Ranemoraken

[29]Nov 1, 2009
    • level: 20
    Yeah, the uncut dvds of one piece...are pretty awesome.

Hell, they even have the characters swearing from time to time - something y'all seem to care so damn much about. Not a lot, but enough that it pops when you hear it.

But as for swearing in Japan, there are still many words that they are prevented from using. I was watching my Code Geass commentary, and the director was speaking on this matter. He mentions that there are acceptable and unacceptable words (the ones that he mentions are bleeped), just like over here. On TV, I imagine that Hidan is limited by those same restrictions and that on the uncut dvds, he will match them.

animatiun_lover

[30]Nov 1, 2009
    jah1415 wrote:
    animatiun_lover wrote:

No_Hablo_Ingles wrote:

LOL!

jah1415 wrote:

shadowysea07 wrote:

no it's not obvious.

jah1415 wrote:

Raein0 wrote:

we mustve seen different subs because in the subs i had he pretty much cussed every 3 seconds and iw as talkking about the content not the thme song theyve only shown 4 episodes so we dont know what disney will do but i fi had to judge based on what i saw. i would sayit would probably be liek one piece

jah1415

[31]Nov 2, 2009
    animatiun_lover wrote:
    jah1415 wrote:
    animatiun_lover wrote:

No_Hablo_Ingles wrote:

LOL!

jah1415 wrote:

shadowysea07 wrote:

no it's not obvious.

jah1415 wrote:

Raein0 wrote:

we mustve seen different subs because in the subs i had he pretty much cussed every 3 seconds and iw as talkking about the content not the thme song theyve only shown 4 episodes so we dont know what disney will do but i fi had to judge based on what i saw. i would sayit would probably be liek one piece

The subs I've seen are the official subs so he didn't't curse as much s those fansubs had him. As for being like one piece you can't possibly mean 4kids one piece.

LordMordor

[32]Nov 2, 2009
    the big problem i see with Hidan isn't the cursing, thats actually pretty easy to take care of and I can usually accept it...but whats going to be borderline impossible for them to deal with is going to be the copious amount of blood involved with Hidan.

warnerbroman

[33]Nov 2, 2009
    • level: 15
    LordMordor wrote:
    the big problem i see with Hidan isn't the cursing, thats actually pretty easy to take care of and I can usually accept it...but whats going to be borderline impossible for them to deal with is going to be the copious amount of blood involved with Hidan.

I think it the religious part and the way * what-his-name dies*

springBOOB

[34]Nov 2, 2009
    • level: 11
    Hey, guys! Maybe eventually, they'll bring back the PG content for Shippuden like they did with the first episodes of the first series dub.

starlit_angel

[35]Nov 4, 2009
    • level: 8
    Cutie Jutsu?? I've heard them use the word sexiest and sexist in Hannah Montana and the Suite Life, so what's the deal? Why can't they just have a PG warning at the start of the episode, or air it later at night for minimal censoring?

animatiun_lover

[36]Nov 4, 2009
    jah1415 wrote:
    animatiun_lover wrote:
    jah1415 wrote:
    animatiun_lover wrote:

No_Hablo_Ingles wrote:

LOL!

jah1415 wrote:

shadowysea07 wrote:

no it's not obvious.

jah1415 wrote:

Raein0 wrote:

The subs I've seen are the official subs so he didn't't curse as much s those fansubs had him. As for being like one piece you can't possibly mean 4kids one piece.

ok wellnot as bad as 4kids but similar

jah1415

[37]Nov 4, 2009
    animatiun_lover wrote:
    jah1415 wrote:
    animatiun_lover wrote:
    jah1415 wrote:
    animatiun_lover wrote:

No_Hablo_Ingles wrote:

LOL!

jah1415 wrote:

shadowysea07 wrote:

no it's not obvious.

jah1415 wrote:

Raein0 wrote:

ok wellnot as bad as 4kids but similar
    now I know your joking

animatiun_lover

[38]Nov 6, 2009

are we still talking about this ok look the dub isnt as bad as 4kids but its similar in the sense they they change certain phrases to stupid stupid things (cutie jutsu) and cut out things that really dont need to be cut out (sasukes sword) its all im saying

lady_god

[39]Nov 17, 2009
    • level: 7
    has anyone seen the recent dub epsiode? i kinda stopped watching after deidara and gaara started to fight i have no idea where theyare i dunno the dub bores me O.o

jah1415

[40]Nov 17, 2009

lady_god wrote:
    has anyone seen the recent dub epsiode? i kinda stopped watching after deidara and gaara started to fight i have no idea where theyare i dunno the dub bores me O.o

I have, the edits have toned down deidara was allowed to say kill. Overall the episode was okay. Deidara vs Gaara finnaly ended