Naruto Shippuden Forums

Thursday 8:30 PM on TV TokyoIn Season

Official Shippuden Dub Discussion Thread

axe_king

[61]Jan 26, 2010
    • level: 9
    really!? I should watch some on you tube and see some
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Ranemoraken

[62]Jan 26, 2010
    • level: 20
    lady_god wrote:
    every voice is the same except that all the boys voices are slightly different (except gaara,kankuro and shikamaru) apart fromt jat everything is exactly the same
    Indeed, in fact, I couldn't help but think that they all sounded...old?

Shikamaru: hey Naruto...you whippersnapper...get erf me lawwnnnnn....

Twisted-Alien

[63]Jan 27, 2010
    • level: 73

Ranemoraken wrote:
    Indeed, in fact, I couldn't help but think that they all sounded...old? Shikamaru: hey Naruto...you whippersnapper...get erf me lawwnnnnn....

Yeah, Shikamaru's "older" voice in the first few episodes were pretty forced. I did notice that in the most recent episode with Shikamaru his voice was back to normal, which actually works pretty well for him.

I don't really care for Sakura's "older" voice though. In some of the more recent episodes she sounds almost exactly like C.C. from Code Geass. For some reason I find that more distracting than Neji's voice being similar to Toshiro.

axe_king

[64]Jan 28, 2010
    Twisted-Alien wrote:

Ranemoraken wrote:
    Indeed, in fact, I couldn't help but think that they all sounded...old? Shikamaru: hey Naruto...you whippersnapper...get erf me lawwnnnnn....

Yeah, Shikamaru's "older" voice in the first few episodes were pretty forced. I did notice that in the most recent episode with Shikamaru his voice was back to normal, which actually works pretty well for him.

I don't really care for Sakura's "older" voice though. In some of the more recent episodes she sounds almost exactly like C.C. from Code Geass. For some reason I find that more distracting than Neji's voice being similar to Toshiro.

is that so?

why?

Theswagger

[65]Jan 30, 2010
    • level: 8
    axe_king wrote:
    Twisted-Alien wrote:

Ranemoraken wrote:

is that so?

why?
    Maybe because Neji and Toshiro are voiced by the same person.

axe_king

[66]Feb 14, 2010
    Theswagger wrote:
    axe_king wrote:
    Twisted-Alien wrote:

Ranemoraken wrote:

is that so?

why?

Lol they are? haha someone seems to be lacking resources out there

Theswagger

[67]Feb 14, 2010
    axe_king wrote:
    Theswagger wrote:
    axe_king wrote:
    Twisted-Alien wrote:

Ranemoraken wrote:

is that so?

why?

You didn't know that Steve Staley voices both characters?

axe_king

[68]Feb 14, 2010
    Theswagger wrote:
    axe_king wrote:
    Theswagger wrote:
    axe_king wrote:
    Twisted-Alien wrote:

Ranemoraken wrote:

is that so?

why?

I don't watch the dub swagger

Theswagger

[69]Feb 14, 2010
    axe_king wrote:
    Theswagger wrote:
    axe_king wrote:
    Theswagger wrote:
    axe_king wrote:
    Twisted-Alien wrote:

Ranemoraken wrote:

is that so?

why?

Why not?

axe_king

[70]Feb 14, 2010
    Theswagger wrote:
    axe_king wrote:
    Theswagger wrote:
    axe_king wrote:
    Theswagger wrote:
    axe_king wrote:
    Twisted-Alien wrote:

Ranemoraken wrote:

is that so?

why?

Why not?

sub fan here my friend. Besides I really hate when they start cutting things in the anime. Just look at one piece. 4 kids ruined the whole show for American audience due to editing series.

why can't they just make an English version without editing and cutting out stuff? to me it just so stupid.

Ranemoraken

[71]Feb 14, 2010
    Viz does a pretty good job, but we'll see how well it holds up to the violent aspects of the show. I do find those subtle differences between dvd and tv are noticeable and have a lasting impact. Naruto refers to the akatsuki as "those bastards!" in the uncut version and does so with a mix of fear and anger that is distinct of its broadcast version.

axe_king

[72]Feb 14, 2010
    Ranemoraken wrote:
    Viz does a pretty good job, but we'll see how well it holds up to the violent aspects of the show. I do find those subtle differences between dvd and tv are noticeable and have a lasting impact. Naruto refers to the akatsuki as "those bastards!" in the uncut version and does so with a mix of fear and anger that is distinct of its broadcast version.

still original is original and never cut out so you never have to worry for them to cut out to much from the manga unless it is something like using drugs or smoking. censoring can still be a bit** even in japan.

we saw it in hidan & kakuzu arc when shikamaru was to young to smoke in the anime

Twisted-Alien

[73]Feb 14, 2010

axe_king wrote:

Yes, and Kate Higgins voices both Sakura, as well as C.C. from Code Geass. That's why I made that comparison.

axe_king

[74]Feb 14, 2010
    Twisted-Alien wrote:

axe_king wrote:

Yes, and Kate Higgins voices both Sakura, as well as C.C. from Code Geass. That's why I made that comparison.

lol seems like they are really short on people.

what about bleach is it the same thing there?

Twisted-Alien

[75]Feb 14, 2010

axe_king wrote:
    lol seems like they are really short on people. what about bleach is it the same thing there?

Well, they draw from the same pool of VA's that Bleach and other anime shows do. A lot of the VAs from Bleach also provide voices for Naruto characters. For example, Derek Stephen Prince voices Uryu and Shino, Michael Lindsay voices Urahara and Kankuro, David Lodge voices both Kenpachi and Jiraiya, etc. Of course, some of them are harder to spot. Steven Jay Blum voices Orochimaru and Zabuza, but he also voices Spike from Cowboy Bebop. So, when used well, VAs can be used multiple times and the audience won't notice it. Although most of them are easy to spot.

That's why I thought Sakura's voice, as of recently, was sounding too much like C.C. whenever she's serious. I'm so used to C.C. that it's a little too distracting. Although, I will say that Johnny's voice for Sasori is fantastic. He sounds so sinister.

Ranemoraken

[76]Feb 15, 2010
    the list goes on and on, and is quite similar with our seiyuu counterparts in Japan.

axe_king

[77]Feb 16, 2010
    Twisted-Alien wrote:

axe_king wrote:
    lol seems like they are really short on people. what about bleach is it the same thing there?

Well, they draw from the same pool of VA's that Bleach and other anime shows do. A lot of the VAs from Bleach also provide voices for Naruto characters. For example, Derek Stephen Prince voices Uryu and Shino, Michael Lindsay voices Urahara and Kankuro, David Lodge voices both Kenpachi and Jiraiya, etc. Of course, some of them are harder to spot. Steven Jay Blum voices Orochimaru and Zabuza, but he also voices Spike from Cowboy Bebop. So, when used well, VAs can be used multiple times and the audience won't notice it. Although most of them are easy to spot.

That's why I thought Sakura's voice, as of recently, was sounding too much like C.C. whenever she's serious. I'm so used to C.C. that it's a little too distracting. Although, I will say that Johnny's voice for Sasori is fantastic. He sounds so sinister.

so i heard. It so indeed.

so anyways how do you get a job like that? what are requirements. I was thinking about for a while

Ranemoraken

[79]Apr 28, 2010
    Alrighty, so I've picked up the second boxset and watched the first two episodes. I've never watched the subs on purpose and I don't reread these chapters so as to make the following a bit more fresh. I find that hearing the words in english makes every moment a bit more enjoyable, and the characters here are pretty damn well voice-acted.

I've heard a lot of complaints about pacing. While the two episodes that proceeded this had some irritating repetitions, (Itachi standing for minutes on end and Kisame GOING ON AND ON about how guy had forgotten him - with no clever rejoinder) These felt a lot better in motion and look. We've got Itachi turning to crows and the mindF*** he lays on Naruto which is quite...classy. Kisame's shark attack was lame and looked lame. Of course, the classic "they're not the real badguys" makes for a boring turn - but I've long gotten over that initial emotion, so it didn't register here.

ghost_face99

[80]May 11, 2010
    I'm loving the uncut dub.

Other than Sasori's voice inside Hiruko, I'm mostly very fond of the other voices, especially main characters like Naruto and Sakura.

Definitely love the new voice of the Akatsuki Leader as well as true Sasori.