Naruto Shippuden Forums

Thursday 8:30 PM on TV TokyoIn Season

Official Shippuden Movie Discussion Thread (Spoilers Warning)

horvathgamer

[1]Apr 29, 2010
    • level: 8

While the movies obviously have no significance in the long run, I don't think fans can deny that for the most part they've been pretty good. I saw the 6th movie a couple of days ago (gotta applaud the subbers for getting it done so quickly). After being disappointed with the first two shippuden movies, this one was great. Prior to the movie, stone and gelel, and crescent moon kingdom, were hands down the best in my opinion. The fight scenes were great, the storyline was well thought out, and finally a decent villain. In my opinion the villain is on the same level as haido from movie 2. What are your guys' thoughts.

Edited on 05/01/2010 2:50pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SenninKyuubi

[2]Apr 30, 2010
    • level: 13

I completely agree with you! Finally someone to talk to about this epic film! Its funny because I reviewed it almost immediately after watching it (please have a look!) and saidpretty much thesame thing as you!

I thought it was very similar to the Sasuke Retrival Arc, in that Naruto was chasing after Kakashi (Sasuke) and had to face off against Hiruko's (Orochimaru) minions (Sound Four) at stages before the final battle. It was verypoetic for me in that Naruto was able to save his friend this time around, whereas obviously he wasn't strong enough before.

Gaara claimed Naruto wasn't yet strong enough to make his ideals a reality, but is then forced to reassess this view after Naruto beats him, hisstrength coming from his desire to protect his friend. At theend of that fight, when Naruto lands the finishing blow,Gaara is finally able tounderstand Naruto. The unspoken words get across to Gaara using his fists. That was a very very good scene.

Even if the fights were not as awesome as they were, Naruto truly came into his own during the film, standing up for his beliefs in such a passionate way that was, and yes I'm going to say it, really beautiful to watch.

Thoughts?! SK

pikastatic100

[3]May 1, 2010
    • level: 48
    After seeing this thread, I realized that the forum should have an official movie discussion thread, so that's what I'll make this one. There should be a thread to discuss the latest movies in, anyway.

getto_saiyan

[4]May 1, 2010
    I watched this last Naruto movie today and I got to admit it's great at least in my opinion... Not the best anime movie that I've seen but ranks in my top 10...

SenninKyuubi

[5]May 2, 2010

getto_saiyan wrote:
    I watched this last Naruto movie today and I got to admit it's great at least in my opinion... Not the best anime movie that I've seen but ranks in my top 10...

What movies are in your top 10? If there are better films then I want to know!

O and thanks Pika for updating this thread, regards. SK.

horvathgamer

[6]May 3, 2010

info has come out on the basic premise of the next naruto movie. apparently, so how naruto will be transported back in time, to the yondaime's hokage's time period. sounds kind of like a fanfiction writer's dream come true, still though could be interesting. also on the newest movie we got to see some pretty cool techniques, i loved lee and neji's combo attack, and it was pretty cool seeing tenten deal the finishing blow for once (to the beast i mean)

SenninKyuubi

[7]May 4, 2010

I must admit, initally, I'm not sure. Time travel is a tricky thing. The last movie worked so well because it took the charaters and put them in a real (for them), serious global situation. It was believable for the Naruto-verse. For me anyways. Even Hiruko and his big bad motives. And if Naruto's the only one who has 'travelled back in time', using some ancient and truly random ninja technique, then I'm guessing the others won't feature. Then again, Naruto's the only one who counts lol.

Obviously I wanna see Yondaime in action. The man was a God for F's sake. Every ninja in the world feared him...and were given flee on site orders if they even caught a glimpse of Konohas Yellow Flash. "Yeah, that's right, run biatches, run! You canny hide from me!"

However, on the plus side of my (almost) rant, maybe, hopefully, Naruto will catch a glimpse of his fathers legendary jutsu, allowing him to develop it himself. Bloodline limit anyone? Possibly one step towards 'That Jutsu?!' [SK: OK it's the Death God, I know, but come on, KYF Body Flicker rocks]. And can you imagine the look on Yondaime's face when he sees Fuuton: Rasen-Shuriken. Priceless. ROFL priceless. I'd see it just for that [SK: that was a pure, unadulaterated Narutard moment lol]. Only +1 year to go....

And it was cool to finally see the Konoha 12 kicking ass in the latest movie. Lee and Neji's combo made sense. It was almost to convienient for me...what if you took the ultimate taijutsu skills and combined them with the ultimate chakra defensive skills of a Hyuuga? A match made in fanboy heaven. Add Tentens chains and you've got yourself a party lol.

SK

Ranemoraken

[8]May 12, 2010
    • level: 20
    horvathgamer wrote:

info has come out on the basic premise of the next naruto movie. apparently, so how naruto will be transported back in time, to the yondaime's hokage's time period. sounds kind of like a fanfiction writer's dream come true, still though could be interesting. also on the newest movie we got to see some pretty cool techniques, i loved lee and neji's combo attack, and it was pretty cool seeing tenten deal the finishing blow for once (to the beast i mean)

time travel? Pfft...naw...I can't imagine that...Are you sure they aren't like...flashbacks?

Because...jesus...time travel...wow.

I haven't seen the dub of the first Shippuden movie, is it any good?

I suppose my favorite move of the three Naruto ones...would be the third one AFTER the annoying character building 40 minutes in the intro. After that, it gets a bit tense for the side characters.

OmegaForteGS

[9]May 15, 2010
    • level: 10
    This time traveling could cause a time loop possibility.

Naruto showing Rasen Shuriken, thus inspiring the Yodaime to use his elemt with it (which off course never succeeds) which gives Kakashi the idea to tell Naruto about the Yodaime trying.

I am kinda hoping that Naruto will at least meet his mom

horvathgamer

[10]May 17, 2010

I've read about the time travel on several new sites, and have seen a short but true trailer. Here's what I know so far. Naruto is on a mission trying to track down some missing ninja. Because of that they wind up in some ruins. Something in those ruins causes Naruto to go back in time. In the trailer you see Naruto drones. You definitely see the yondaime at the end of the trailer.

You don't need to wait for the dubbed versions come out to watch the movies. All 6 movies are available on various sites to watch with english subs. The 4th movie is okay. It had it's moments but was overall disappointing. The highlight of it was lee's big fight. Also I liked the interaction between Naruto and movie specific character shion. Aside from those good points, the story was really lackluster, no real fight scenes other than lee's. The villain was also one of the worst of the movies.

ice_edge

[11]Dec 21, 2010
    Movies are awesome. I still need to watch the last one.

X-626

[12]Dec 22, 2010
    • level: 51
    ice_edge wrote:

The last one, movie 4, isn't even out on DVD in Japan yet, so you won't be seeing it until April. In the past, you might've been able to find a horrible quality copy shot in a movie theater, but Japan has become really strict about recording devices being used in theaters now.

ice_edge

[13]Dec 22, 2010
    X-626 wrote:
    ice_edge wrote:

The last one, movie 4, isn't even out on DVD in Japan yet, so you won't be seeing it until April. In the past, you might've been able to find a horrible quality copy shot in a movie theater, but Japan has become really strict about recording devices being used in theaters now.

Like everywhere else. People in Europe still do it though.

Oh yeah so I saw third one than. I guess that makes sense. i saw all of them except 4 th. What is it about this time? I'm gonna see it once it comes out on dvd.

Third one was about that hime brat. I thought it was really cute. I remember when people where talking to even let her in canon material. I think she would belong just fine along side Sakura .

Ranemoraken

[14]Dec 23, 2010
    Bah, I could never be bothered to watch something that looked awful anyway. Part of the experience is enjoying the color and the movement put into these things. Well...since they're aren't masterpieces, that's the only reason to watch them. So I'd wait anyway...

And I'm a dub guy, so that's even longer... I still haven't seen the first shippuden movie yet.

OmegaForteGS

[15]Dec 28, 2010
    • level: 10
    Speaking of dubs, any release date for the 2nd ENGLISH movie yet?

ice_edge

[16]Jan 5, 2011
    Ranemoraken wrote:
    Bah, I could never be bothered to watch something that looked awful anyway. Part of the experience is enjoying the color and the movement put into these things. Well...since they're aren't masterpieces, that's the only reason to watch them. So I'd wait anyway...

And I'm a dub guy, so that's even longer... I still haven't seen the first shippuden movie yet.

Why would you even wait for dub releases if you watch Naruto series subbed? lol just curious. And they are filler. In the end of the day naruto fans should have no obligation watching them in the first place.

They are filler just like any other filler arc.

Ranemoraken

[17]Jan 21, 2011
    hmm? I don't watch the subs. I every once in a while sample the subs for animation or voices. I talk about em a lot though, but usually not from a position of authority. My comments are usually inquisitive.

ice_edge

[18]Jan 21, 2011
    Do subs bother you that much? Why?

Ranemoraken

[19]Feb 1, 2011
    It's just a point of understanding. I can enjoy subs or prefer subs (black butler, Higurashi) but sometimes comedic timing is lost because I can't completely understand the intonation of the actors. That isn't a hundred percent true - I'm forced to watch subs in my anime club, and some of them are damn fine. But I prefer to capture the entire essence of a performance, and so prefer dubs.

That said, there are very few dubs that I would consider quality as well.

ice_edge

[20]Feb 2, 2011
    Well it's all about what you are used to the most in my opinion. And I remember I had hard time dealing with sub texts when I first started but as time passes it gets easier to follow. You get faster at reading and understanding and such.

So right now I would never prefer a dub over sub because I'm simply fast enough to read and understand the content and such.

As far as quality dubs go I must agree with you. There are very few dubs that have high standards. As for myself I recently watched fmab and must say that I really enjoy it dubs. I'm waiting for few more seasons of dubs to come out.

Anyways the most disturbing piece of dubs and subs if you watch it in one way and when change it it's like the whole shows atmosphere changes with it. It so strange but true. it's like watching the same show but still not.