Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Shippuden the Movie 5: Blood Prison

Aired Thursday 8:30 PM Jul 30, 2011 on TV Tokyo

6.8
  • Naruto meets Shaw shank

Naruto is framed for an assassination attempt on the Raikage and as such thrown into Shaw shank for ninjas. He was placed under a seal so the amount of chakra he can conjure up in extremely limited and so he has to find the real culprit, and discover the secret going on in the prison that will lead to the answer as to why he was framed.

So If you read my review of the Naruto Shippuden fourth movie you know that I thought that it's biggest flaw lied in it's lack of focus. It choose to focus less of the elements that we don't often see and what we want to see more in favor of a very formulaic plot. Most Naruto movies, down to their core are pretty much the same, Naruto meets someone with an attitude that he doesn't agree with. He inspires them to change and in the heat of danger they step it up. Hopefully there is some cool imagery in there.

This film however, there were many times I did not always know where it was going and I tip my hat off to any story that can do that.

All prison break movies need to have 3 things (most of the time) 1. and innocent wrongfully accused. 2. a conspiracy. 3 a creative way to bust out. And I can honestly say this film delivered all of those elements.

If you're like me and you believe that Naruto is at it's best when it gets unpredictable without getting too contrived this movie is for you.
TOON