Naruto Shippuden

Power to Believe

Aired Thursday 8:30 PM Apr 29, 2010 on TV Tokyo

7.6
  • Mediocrity and flashbacks galore...

The invasion of Pain continues. As the village continues to assess the damage and protect its citizens, Tsunade tries to convince the village elders to allow Naruto to return despite the fact that Pain is looking for him. This episode felt like waking up in the morning to brush your teeth: there was no emotional response from me by the end but regardless it was an episode I had to watch in order to preserve the continuity of this arc.

The good: One good point about this episode was seeing Naruto mature as a ninja. When I saw him balanced atop the stone pillars and Mount Myounboku I couldnt help but be impressed at the amount of growth that this character has shown. While he still is the same goofy, likable character we remember him as, he also has shown growth and maturity and that made watching his sage training a joy to witness. Also the end was cool:)

The bad: This episode was a fountain of mediocrity. The whole scene with Tsunade arguing with the elders was long and boring mainly because it was littered with flashbacks. Also we continue to see Pain interrogate and terrorize the villagers but this was in no way necessary because there was no sense of progression; it simply felt like we were being given an update.

The end of the episode makes me excited for next week but overall this episode is passable at best.