Naruto

A Legend from the Hidden Leaf: The Onbaa!

Aired Thursday 7:30 PM Aug 02, 2008 on TV Tokyo

• Cute and Silly

This episode is more of an omake than a true episode. It's a silly episode as it can be told by the episode screen's style. (The writer of the episode that did Episode 101 did this one). Naruto trains in the woods and picks up more than a sweat. He gets a cute companion that thinks Naruto is his mother. Through silly and funny screens of Sakura, Tsunade, Shizune, Akamaru, Kiba, Lee and Hinata this can be sure an episode to keep you either laughing or smiling at it.

I personally thought this was one of the funniest parody episodes in the series, as I said the writer of episode 101 where they tried to see Kakashi's true face, and the other episode where Naruto tried to make Tsunade pay a debt prior, did this one. So it's guaranteed to be funny. :P
  • A nice silly episode....

While Naruto is training on his own, an eagle catches a baby onbaa. As it flies over him, Naruto accidently attacks due to which the onbaa latches on to Naruto's back without him realising it. When he returns to the Leaf Village and is talking to Sakura, then he realises that a cute looking creature is stuck to his back. Kiba tries pulling it off but it stays put. They go to Tsunade for help. Tsunade then tells the legend of the onbaa and that it stays stuck to the person it sees first thinking that person is his mother. This was just the begining of Naruto's problems. They also grew upto 9 feet! As time passes Naruto becomes fond of him, but Tsunade tries to sperate them by sending them to a mission during which they meet up with its real mother. Naruto gives the onbaa back to its mother( but after quite some running). Meanwhile, back in the village, everyone has got an onbaa and you can be sure that Naruto won't tell them how to get it off.
  • On the way back from the village an eagle dropped an onbaa on Naruto's back the onbaa thought Nauto was it's mother Naruto became friends with it until, the real mother came.

Naruto was walking back from his training meanwhile an eagle had something in it's claws and dropped it on Naruto. Naruto came back and saw Kiba and Sakura. Sakura saw two arms coming from Naruto's armpits. A face came and it said "onbaa" Naruto had no idea what it was so he freaked out and ran to Tsunade she said that it was an onbaa and onbaa are animals raised on their mothers back. Because it was on naruto's back it thought Naruto was its mother. Tsunade said they grow to be 9 feet tall and Naruto freaked out once more. Naruto named the onbaa Onbaa. Tsunade told Naruto to go fight mountain bandits hoping the Onbaa would get killed but, it didn't. On the way back to the village the onbaa's mother came and took back Oonbaa. Back at the village everyone had an onbaa on their back.
  • Naruto gets an Onbaa stuck on his back.

Naruto is training in the forest when an eagle is passing overhead and out of instinct, Naruto throws a kunai at it. He causes the eagle to drop what it was carrying onto his back. We later find out that this is an Onbaa. A creature that people think is a legend, a giant ape and bear-like creature. Naruto doesn't find out that it is there until he gts to the village and Sakura points it out to him. Tsunade remembers when Jiraiya went off in search of the monsters when they were still training under the 3rd Hokage. It seems...
  • Cool and silly episode

First Naruto is training in the woods and an Onbaa gets on his back. Now Naruto is a mother even though he is a male which made it look totally funny. Second Tsunade is telling the story about the Onbaa's and Jiraiya goes into the woods and brings back drawings of it that he defeated it and that was totally funny and I laughed like crazy at it. Last but not least comes the end when the whole village is full of Onbaa's and sticking on there backs. But before that Sakura punches Naruto and she is so angry at him and that was funny also. I give this episode a 10 out of 10.
  • This reminds me of that one episode of SpongeBob...

This reminds me of that one episode of SpongeBob... You know, the one where Sandy goes out of town for a few days and SpongeBob and Patrick have to take care of her pets and there's this one caterpillar thing named Wormy and he turns into a butterfly and scares the living crap out of everyone? I guess you'd have to think like me to see the resemblance... Anyway, Naruto is out training in the woods one day when a hawk drops an Onbaa on his back. It's the cutest little thing in the whole world, but everyone is scared to death of it, especially Hinata who was stalking Naruto. Apparently the Onbaa babies cling to the first thing they lay eyes on, which become their "mommies". Naruto names the thing Onbu and it becomes his pet. Until is eventually gets way too big and Tsunade makes him get rid of it. Then Onbu gets all evil and tries to eat Nauto!!! :O But then comes that sentimental crap and Onbu remembers all the good times he had with Naruto and saves him from Onbu's demon mother. Typical Naruto ending.
  • Onbu!

Haha this episode was so funny! Naruto gets this supposedly cute going to be turned into a monster Onbaa thing stuck on his back, and they make a really neat bond. At the end the Onbu turns big and goes back with its mother. It was kind of touching, I guess. Naruto actually bonded with someone. I liked the part where Rock Lee was like "I will not lose to you" and walks past Naruto with a ton of rocks on his back. I Loved the part where Hinata fainted twice and thought that Naruto had a kid. Nice filler episode.
  • Some creature attaches itself to Naruto's back...cute

This episode was filler and not important but it has to be one of the funniest filler episodes since the one where there were 2 people infiltrating the village dressed as Lee and Gai. I love everything about this episode. My favorite part has to be the flashback from when the 3 sannin were little and Jiraiya was all "I'm going to find one for my summer project!" and Tsunade was all "Wanna bet!" and Orochimaru was all "In that case I bet on Jiraiya". And Jiraiya's report? Hilarious. "I wrested with one" Priceless. Who knew Jiraiya sucked so bad at writing when he was a kid.
  • Funny."Onbu"

This episode made me laugh. Although it was a filler it was an enjoyable one. Naruto gets a little knowledge of parenting. That was funny when the Onbaa grabbed Sakura's breast. Naruto came back to Konoha in one piece but their was an Onbaa infestaion. It was even more funny when the Onbaa grabbed for Tsunade's breadt.
  • The worst episode. Plain and simple.

1.2
    There are 200+ plus episodes in Naruto. And Naruto is a fabulous show, no argument right? Soo who would've thought that for a such a great show there was an episode that was equally horrible?! To the point, it was absolute crap! Even for a filler it was a devastating episode. It was a bit silly, I must admit. But there have been sillier episodes to make this look like nothing like Laughing Shino or when the trio tries to see Kakashi's mouth. All this was about was a stupid beast that thought Naruto was it's mom. Plus, my computer is slow so loading/downloading an episode takes f_o_r_e_v_e_r. In other words, I had to wait an hour for crap! I only watched every last minute because it's Naruto.
  • Onbu...

Ok so this was a silly episode. Its a pat of the fillers so what do you expect? i'm waiting to catch up to watch the newest ones...i feel behind in my naruto watching after being ahead and watching them as they come out now i haven't had much time to watch and i've been behind so for me to watch this was just a lil disapointing. none of the fillers have been that great but this one is good for a few laughs. Naruto has this thing called a Onbah which was never seen attached to him and eventually they come out of the woods and we see that they are real. save your self time and jsut start watching the new incarnation of the series.
  • hilarious

Naruto was out training one day. When he got home he noticed a living thing was on his back. Its was an "Onbaa." It fraked everyone out. Onbaa mans "carry" it stays on its parents back until it gets huge. It was still on Naruto even when it got seven feet tall. The village got freaked out by it so they sent Naruto alone on faraway missions. On his way back a giant creature attacked Naruto. It was the Onbaa's actual mom. The big mommy onbaa beat up Naruto and took her baby. When Naruto got back to the village it turned out many onbaas invaded Konoha, it jumped on everyone's back. And the village will be destroyed unless they get rid of them. And Naruto won't tell them. Its an awesome episode it has little kiraiya and oro and tsunade in it.
  • Naruto trains in the forest & gets a big suprise when he returns to the Leaf Village to find out that there's something 'cling' to his back...

Naruto went to go training in the forest, but when he came back he thought a bird poop on him, but it was actually an Onbu. The Hokage & friends got freaked out to know that the Onbu was a gonna turn into a gigantic monster. So they send Naruto on a mission for hopefully the Onbu will dissapear along the way. As carma says, "what goes around comes around..." EVERYBODY from the Leaf village had an Onbu cling to there back. And just to clarrify you: an Onbu is a legendary monster that Jiraiya supposely discovered back then...
  • Naruto meets a weird thing called an Onbaa

7.7
    This was a bit of a filler episode. It had nothing to do with the plot at hand. It just involved Naruto who discovered a creature called an Ombaa on his jacket (after it copped a feel on Sakura =P)

It just won't let go so Naruto decides to take care of it. He calls it Onbu (which means carry me)

He feeds it food like pizza, sushi and even a food called naruto! Can you believe that? But the more it eats, the more it starts to grow. Pretty soon, it's huge. After Naruto then beats the crap out of a gang of bandits, he runs into a giant Onbaa!...Onbu's mother. He gets knocked off the cliff and then Onbu turns evil...until Naruto hypnotises him with his hypno-like circle on his back. Naruto is then taken back to the village...which is now overun with Onbu people!

As I said, it was just a filler episode. Just for fun...and cutenessery. I give it a 7.7 because as cute as it looked, it just didn't add up to the story.
  • This episode is about our favourite protagonist Uzumaki Naruto getting a strange 'monster' attached to his back through series of events. At first, he is disturbed by it (along with many familiar faces), but he grows to love the 'monster'.

As we all know, this is another instalment of the infamous Naruto fillers. But what is different about this one to the other dreadful ones such as "Ino Screams! Big-Boned Paradise"?

This may not be for the action lovers as there are minimal battle sequences. However, for all those drama lovers out there, this is it!

This episode is another great example of Naruto's originality and great ideas.

We can only hope the future fillers can be this great!