Naruto

Akamaru Trembles: Gaara's Cruel Strength!

Aired Thursday 7:30 PM May 20, 2006 on TV Tokyo

• Here comes Part III of my 5-Part Episode Review Special!....

Announcer: Welcome back to the Naruto Top Five Episode Countdown! At number 3 is another episode of character development. A few new characters are developed further in this episode...Most notably Gaara Of The Desert. Now...At Number 3: From Season 2: It's episode 8! Akamaru Trembles! Gaara's Cruel Strength! You may have heard me mention this before, but I will say it again. -Orochimaru points a Kunai at Naruto- Naruto (V.O.): Akamaru (Happy) Trembles! Gaara's (Barry's) Cruel Strength! In this episode, our attention is diverted from the main characters and instead centers on Kiba, Hinata, and Shino. They are about to reach the Tower Goal, but then they sense a ninja confrontation. What they see shocks them almost beyond belief: Gaara, Temari, and Kankuro are challenged by a team of Rain Genin. Now, Gaara's team is from the Sand Village. The Rain Team tries to attack and Gaara literally destroys the team's leader! The other two try to retreat, but Gaara takes them out as well! Things are not looking good for the Chunin Exams and they only get worse from here...
  • Gaara shows his ability.

Naruto has just woken up and has no clue as to what has just happened. Choji hit him on the head to wake him up. Naruto asks Shikamaru what happened and Shikamaru says he doesn't want to talk about it, it would be too much of a pain. Lee is amazed that Sasuke fought off the Sound Ninjas when he was beaten to a pulp. Sakura thanks Lee for coming to her rescue. Meanwhile Kiba, Shino, and Hinata are heading to the temple with their two scrolls when Akamaru senses a battle ahead. Kiba wants to check it out but Shino and Hinata are not sure that is such a good idea. When they get there they find Gaara, Kankuro, and Temari facing off against some Rain Ninjas. Akamaru is scared and for good reason.....
  • My Number one character ,Gaarathe Killer .Man this episodes shows how cool and ruthless he i,amazing.

O yea,Gaara is now my fav character ,he is so awsome,he is a pure heartleess cool dude(i think he is)Man he is awsome he rocks the Naruto whole sereies.Its pretty rad,gaara man,he jjust silently kills everyone ,and guess what he odoesnt even move,its imposible to attack him ,shigeru tryed to strike and kill him,and his tough ,and it seemed nothing to Gaara ./He rocks ,one of the fav series i eva watcjhed,but to bad it lacks some more enthusisam.I mean,it was way to short,he killed him like it was nothing .

Still this episode was cool,thnx to this Gaara is now my fav character in NaRUTO
  • Akamaru's sensitive nose detected POWER!

After defeating the sound ninja, Naruto's, Lee's and Ino's team recover quickly before leaving. Meanwhile Kiba's dog, Akamaru trembles. Kiba doesn't know why but puts that aside first. Kiba's team already has both scrolls but Kiba wants more seeing that theres 6 more ninjas ahead of them. They arrive at a battle scene where Gaara and ihs team is challenged by the rain village. Kiba believes that the leader of the rain village(Shigure) is a big danger and thats why Akamaru's fearing but after blocking Shigures attacks, Gaara uses his Sand Tomb and kills Shigure. Kiba is shocked and needs to get away quickly however Gaara already noticed them and is about to kill them when Kankuro and Temari convinces Gaara to stop. Gaara and his team reached the tower, not only without a scratch on his body but also beating the record of the Chuunin exam 2 by 4 hours. Amazed by the skills of the sand ninja, Anko can see that the sand ninja are not to be messed with.
  • Team 7,10 and Guy's team recover from the fight and team 8 see how cruel Garra is.

This episode showed more about how the people in Garra's team are like for example that Garra is cruel and doesn't like people getting in his way. Luckily for team 8, in Garra's team there is Kankuro and Temari who persuade him to leave team 8 alone whoever they are. Team 8 are very lucky because of that. In this episode Team 7,10 and Guy's team recover from the fight with the Sound Genin. It would have been a drag if Sasuke's team had to fight again but this time against their own friends. The episode went very well and at least this episode gave some information about which abilities Garra is able to use.
  • Gaara kills Shigure. Amazing...

• Gaara VS Shigure, a Rain Nin.

Okay, the episode started out with the Rain nis challenging the Sand Nins. The Rains were underestimating the Sand. Team 8 was hiding in the grass watching the battle. The battle begins with Shigure throwing needles in the air ready to attack. He sprink needle all over the Gaara. Gaara defends with his Sand. Then he focuses all his needles on Gaara. Gaara again counters with his sand. Now it's time for Gaara to attack. He uses his sand to kill Shigure. Then he uses his sand to kill Shigure's teammate. Team 8 was almost spotted. They episode continues with the examinaters looking at Gaara's team. They were amazed that they made it here so fast, without a scatch on them. This episode was exciting and suspenful.
  • Gaara scary! And he kills a guy named Shigure! Good thing it wasn't Shigure Sohma.....

Teams 7, 10, and Guy are recovering from the battle with the Sound Trio. Team 8 was the only Konoha Genin Team that was not involved. As Team 8 continues their search for the scroll, the see Gaara from Team Sand kill a whole Rain Genin team in cold blood from their hiding spot in the bushes. Gaara senses them, and starts to go after them too. Hinata is so nervous she thinks she's going to pass out. Kankuro grabs Gaara and tells him that for once he needs to listen to his older brother and stop killing people for no reason. Gaara still tries to go after Team 8. Temari tells Gaara to think of it as a favor to his older sister and to forget about them. Gaara agrees, but just this once. Team 8 escapes with their lives. They manage to get to the tower with both their scrolls, and Kiba thinks they're the first ones there. Shino tells him that he senses others there as well, and sure enough, Team Sand passes them by. Gaara's team shattered the record for the time limit, and Gaara doesn't have a scratch on him.
  • Gaara is to be feared!!

Naruto is dreaming about the Grass ninja, aka Orochimaru, attacking them again and wakes up screaming. Shikamaru and Choji are staring down at him with annoyed expressions and Choji is poking him in the head with a stick. He notices all the injured ninja around him and remembers Orochimaru. He screams for everyone to get down, looking around frantically for the ninja. Since he'd been unconscious the whole time he doesn't know about Orochimaru, the mark on Sasuke's neck, or the attack from the Sound ninja and no one seems inclined to inform him about it at the moment.

He notices Sakura's short hair and flips out about it. But Sakura doesn't make a big deal out of it, saying she cut it to better adapt to the forest. Ino thinks about how brave she's acting when TenTen jumps down and asks for Lee, whom Ino was supporting. Ino hands him over and TenTen shakes him furiously, forcing him awake. He weakly asks what she's doing there and she in turn demands to know what he was thinking, taking on 3 Sound ninja all by himself. She goes on to explain that Sasuke took care of the ninja. Naruto runs over, calling Lee 'Bushy Brows' almost mockingly and Sakura takes immediate offense to it. She punches Naruto in the face, forbidding him for making fun of Lee and Naruto's confused by everything going on.
  • More suspense!

With each episode, there is more suspense and action. So, we see Gaara's strength in this episode. From what we see from his Battle with that random guy, no doubt we can say he's weak! Gaara is the holder of a Jinchuurichi(sp?) the One-Tailed Shikkaku. The Shikkaku is a sand Jinchuurichi(again, sp?) and in later episodes we will see how strong this demon is! Gaara isn't cold-hearted as they say, as he has a very sad past. I don't want to spoil it here, you'll have to watch later episodes.
  • This is about the cool Sand peeps and how Kiba's team (and Anko)found out how dangerous they were...

The battle with the Sound Village team had just ended as all the rookies were gathered to gether at the fight seen, except one team. Kiba and his team were on they're way to the tower in the Forest of Death after they found a heaven scroll when they ran into the Sand village and a Rain village team having a face-off. Akamaru, being able to smell how strong an opponents chakra is, was really scared and Kiba thought it was because of the Rain village shinobis, but it wasn't. The leader of the Rain village team made Garaa mad so he was killed as well as his teammates in Garaa's Desert Coufin Jutsu. Kiba, Shino, and Hinata, after just witnessing this horrific event ran without stopping to the tower. But when they got there, the Sand village shinobis were already there and had been there for almost a day and a half, which was unreal! Anko and some of the other ANBU heard about the Sand village team ariving so quickly so they watched a servailence tape of them in the tower. When they saw it they were shocked. Garaa didn't have a single scratch on him! The Sand village shinobi are pretty creepy. And that is why I love this show. There's so much suspense, action, drama, and so much more in this show! It's an awsome story line for an even better anime! Naruto is the best!
  • Suspense is killin' me.

It seems like things have finally settled down at the battlefield that pitted many Konoha rookies against the sound ninja. Sasuke was rather surprised that Rock Lee was actually beaten. Meanwhile, it seems like Kiba, Hinata, and Shino reached the two with both their scrolls, but Akamaru is rather frightened. The scene then skips to a flashback. The three decide to eavesdrop on a battle going on between a sand and rain team. Gaara, the representative for the sand, calmly walked up to the front, and toyed around with the rain leader. The rain leader tried raining a myriad of needles at the boy, but Gaara's sand armour protected him, creating a sand wall. Kankuro explains that his special ability, the sand guard, protects him even unwillingly. Gaara finishes the three off. Back at the tower, all the chuunins are shocked at how quickly the sand ninja finished. Not even the chuunins themselves are that quick and strong.

I just can't stop laughing the suspense build up and the development of several sweet and new characters. First, there's Rock Lee and his top notched taijetsu fighting style, solely using his fists to battle without the aid of any jutsus. Then there's Neji, while his abilities are still unknown at this point, what we have seen from him--his byakugan eyes--he's going to turn out to be an awesome character in the future. Then we have Gaara; most likely the antagonist of this chapter, and probably the strongest. His superb sand ability places him on top, but then another twist is brought to the table in Sasuke's cursed seal that clearly makes him far stronger than most of the candidates. Though by far, the suspense for Gaara is the best. He has his sand guard that protects him even against his will, and his complete manipulation of sand just makes him so badass. Plus, the ending scene, showing Gaara and his team completing the entire second exam at such an incredible rate, only upped his character.
  • This is proof of how awesome Gaara really is.

At first I didn't really like Gaara I thought he was just a red haired Saskue, but her I was proved thoroughly wrong.

I don't know if it was the fact that he killed a rain ninja without feeling bad or the fact that eh took their scroll and killed the toehr two just for the sake of it. They would have been disqualifed anyway. But then again when you're a ruthless killer with a past that you don't want to remember I guess you see everyone as your enemy. Plus I loved the way Kiba realzed that if Gaara saw them they'd be dead.

And if you see Gaara you better run, fast.
  • This episode has a focus on the quiet and creepy Sand Shinobi Sabaku no Gaara\'s (or Gaara of the Desert) strength... Team 8 (composed of Hinata, Shino and Kiba) discovers that danger of Gaara\'s terrifying two attacks...and makes a break for it!

Another great example of Naruto- not all the characters are cute, happy and squeaky clean. Although I\'m getting closer to the thought \"Why are the strong always insane?\", with the Japanese voice, Gaara actually does send fits of nervous shivers down your spine... but the English one sounds like he is dying...no offence.

Anyway, I like the Chuunin arc...and frankly, I got bored of the encounter with Orochimaru...this episode kept me on my toes again. Nice!
  • This episode is mostly about Gaara of the desert. Here in this episode we get to see more about Gaara and how ruthless he is. we see why he never gets a scratch or dirty in missions. He is very striong and should not be messed with.

This episode was cool and sad at the same time, although nothing of great importance happened.It was sad to me in a way because he killed the ohter ninjas that had given up after seeing their comrade get killed.I think that he is an interesting character and i really enjoyed this episode.
  • Gaara reveals his strength; but he's not even trying.

I really enjoyed weatching this episode because it explored more of Gaara's character. He had been rather mysterious otherwise, though this revealed little in terms of his past.

First, his power. It's pretty cool that he controls sand, and a wall of sand protects him whenever he's attacked. But honestly, I think it makes him a little too invulnerable. He destroyed a team of three without getting a scratch, nor having help from his teammates. In fact, even they are scared of him.

It shows that he isn't fully in control of himself (courtesy to the "It...it wasn't enough..." quote). However, it did a great job portraying his character.

This episode was very interesting in that we got to explore one of the most formidable characters on the show.
  • whoa, gaara rocks

Whoa. Is all I have to say, I thought Sasuke was ruthless for what he did to that guys arms but Gaara killed three people because ‘they looked at him wrong’ how sweet was that. But I still can’t believe the guy in the black is his big bro (I guess Gaara got all the looks in the family not to mention all the power.) if he can break the record for the test so easily I’m sure he can break some bones even easier, I can’t wait to see his full power because knowing Gaara that was probably only 1/8 of his true potential.
  • This episode made me learn that Gaara would do anything for power even kill his own brother!!!!

When the show started it looked like Naruto and the team were finally done with all the fighting, but later in the show we see Hinate\'s team in the tree\'s.
    Hinate\'s team tries to avoid other teams but they find Gaara\'s team facing of A group of rain ninja.
    They think that Gaara (being a small as he is), is going to lose but they shortly realize that Gaara has the ability to manipulate sand.
    The group of rain ninja don\'t have a chance. Gaara crushes them with his sand coffin.
    After killing all of them it looks like he spotted Hinate\'s team, but his brother tells him that, that\'s enough. Gaara hesitant at first but after his sister begs him to stop he closes his gourd.
    But what was really creepy is when the tape of Gaara\'s team in the tower is shown you can see it only toke them one hour and seven minutes.
  • This episode is a fine example of what Naruto is. An Anime King review.

This episode is a fine example of what Naruto is. I think Gaara of the desert is a bad foe to battle with. I mean he attacks without moving at all. He made those rain ninja look like a bunch of punks, they begged for mercy but Gaara killed them anyway. With his jutsu, the Sand Coffin. I hate Gaara because he almost killed his own big brother. Gaara is the youngest yet he keeps his older siblings in check by threatning to kill them both. Thats why I hate Gaara. I hope Sasuke kills him slowly.