Naruto

Beyond the Limit of Darkness and Light

Aired Thursday 7:30 PM Mar 17, 2007 on TV Tokyo

• The tug of war match between Orochimaru and Sarutobi finally concludes!!!

I thought this would never end, the Orochimaru and Sarutobi fight was one of the first fights in the sand and sound invasion arc, and it is one of the last fights to end. It concluded pretty good too with a kind of emotional ending to it as scenes of the konoha ninja counterattacking against the invasion with the various parents or relatives of the genins battling the multitude of sound and sand grunts. The fight between Gaara and Naruto was sort of overrated, nothing much happened between them besides Naruto head butting Gaara pretty badly, you would expect a lot more to happen between two of the strongest genins in the class.
  • The duel between Naruto and Gaara comes to a close.

Naruto and Gamabunta are fighting Shukaku and in order to do away with the demon Naruto must wake Gaara. Naruto uses his transformation jutsu for Gamabunta to transform into something with claws and teeth. They transform into The Nine Tail Fox demon. They attack and are beaten back a couple of times, but then Gamabunta is able to get in close enough and grab hold of Shukaku and Naruto jumps and punches Gaara's sleeping body hard. Shukaku is forced away as Gaara wakes up. Gaara is furious that Naruto broke his jutsu. He attacks Naruto with the Sand Coffin jutsu but.....
  • Classic!

This was excellent I love this episode so much there is a lot of action and excitement The Hidden Leaf Village shinobi cream the sand shinobi and they win the war, Orochimaru loses his arms by Sarutobi and is forced to retreat this episode was very special and cool I love the little song when naruto finishes off Gaara very nice. I hope more episodes will be like this one. Naruto calls upon Gamabunta, So its Giant Toad Vs the Sand Beast, What a wonderfull fight this is. I highly reccomend you all seeing this if you havent already. Pure Classic!
  • Naruto succeeds in waking-up Gaara to destroy the Shukaku form that he had and the Third Hokage seals Orochimaru's arms.

It was mainly a good episode. Naruto finally stopped Gaara's Shukaku form which was obviously going to happen. It wasn't really surprising. Naruto was so desperate to end the form of Shukaku and hit his head against Gaara into Gaara which was also predictable moment. Not what he did was desperate but how he did it. The Third Hokage also had a predictable fight. It was battling Orochimaru and well it was obvious that someone was going to die because of the jutsu but what was more predictable was that Orochimaru was going to lose something. I knew that it was either his life or something even more precious to him. A good episode even though I could tell what things were going to happen. The desperation or suspense, whatever you want to call it, made it a good episode.
  • the end of a great fight...

with naruto and gamabunta transformed into a fox, naruto must wake gaara up so the spirit of shukaku, gaara's demon,disspears. gaara is now awake and pissed that naruto was able to get past his sleeping jutsu. gaara attempts to trap him in his sand one last time but gamabunta nad the nine-tailes' chakra are able to break him free. as the villages elite jonin take care of the intruders, the third hokage realizes he does not have enough chakra to fully defeat orochimaru,so he does the next best thing: take his arms to render his jutsu useless. back to naruto and gaara, they have one final clash by jumping in the air,attempting to hit the other. naruto proves victourious but both fall unconcious. the third says his final words before he dies.
  • The conclusion of Naruto's and Gaara's battle.

Okay in the last episode, Gamabunta asks Naruto to do a transformation jutsu and change into sometjing with fangs and claws. Naruto tries to come up with something and time is running out. So at the last minute he transforms into the Kyuubi. Gamabunta gets a strong hold on the Shukaku and Naruto flies off and hits Gaara HARD! Gaara wakes up, very angry that his sleeping jutsu didn't work and starts going after Naruto. He uses the sand to try and trap him, but Gamabunta comes and guards him with his tongue. Gaara gets around that and teh sand is rushing up to Naruto's legs. That's when Naruto summons up a HUGE amount of chakra and the sand flys off. Naruto becomes over-flowed with chakra, and goes after Gaara. Quickly Gaara protect himself with his sand but Naruto gets around taht. He knocks his forehead against Gaara's forehead and the entire Shukaku crumbles. Gamabunta also disappears, knowing that he will not be needed now. So now its just Naruto VS Gaara with no more giant animals/ demons to protect them. The only problem is that they are both out of chakra and they can't battle any more. So Temari and Kankuro come to take Gaara away to safety. That battle forever changed his life. Meanwhile in the Hokage's and Orochimaru's battle, the Hokage tells Orochimaru that he can destroy the Leaf Village, but he can't destroy its Will of Fire that burns in every one of the villagers. And then he uses his final weapon! He freezes orochimaru's hands, sort of, so now he can't use any jutsus. But for the cost of his life. So in the end, Gaara learned a valuable leason and the Hokage saved the Village's life... but for the cost of his own.
  • Finally! We get to see Fighting Dreamers in English!

Gamabunta disguised as Kyuubi holds Shukaku in place while Naruto wakes Gaara. In order to do this, he must tap into Kyuubi's chakra. He does so, and head butts Gaara, destroying the Shukaku form. Across Konoha, the leaf ninja begin to fend off the sand and sound ninja, and the Lord Hokage vs. Orochimaru battles continues. Lord Hokage realizes he lacks enough chakra to entirely seal Orochimaru's soul, so he seals his arms so Orochimaru can't preform jutsu. Now Lord Hokage can die in peace. He recites one last proverb and wishes Orochimaru farewell. Next, he watches Orochimaru. Oro is screaming at him, but you can't gear what he says. He sees Oro as the kind young shinobi he once was. Lord Hokage dies. Naruto and Gaara jump at each other, Naruto striking the winning blow.
  • best episode of all Naruto episodes!

As the battle between garaa and Naruto comes into and end so does the hokage's battle with Oruchimaru.Sarutobi's still trying to pull the soul out of Oruchimaru Naruto then grows impatient and wakes up garra and punches him Finally the demon inside Garaa disapears and Garaa admits defeat and also surprises everyone by telling Kankuro and Temari sorry Then at the end of the show Sarutobi says he don't have enough strength to pull out Oruchimaru's soul but will take away every justsu he knows. He then pulls Oruchimaru's hand soul out of Oruchimaru and the Weaper cuts it. But in exchange the old man dies.
  • Very aswome.

I think that this is one of the most geartest episode ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever!!!!!!!!
  • as the third hokage gives up his life to save the whole of konoha; naruto and gaara battles it out to the finish. meanwhile, all of konoha's ninjas unite to save the village from the treachery of orochimaru

simply fantastic, amazing, out-of-this-world!!! the coolest of all the episodes in naruto that didn't have to make me teary eyed. it is an anti-climax in a sense since the supposedly climax of the whole series is not known. but the level of action is keeping me on the edge of my seat. one of the factors would be the showcase of all the ninjas of the hidden leaf village, including the relatives of our heroes (the genin 9, neji, to name a few). it was also the first time we see lots of ANBU in action, and also one of the times when we see a ninja war (lots and lots of ninja battling it out to the death). plus, naruto's fight with gaara, along with gamabunta and gaara's demon, is also a highlight, being the first time we are shown that naruto is not the loser that he was before.
  • good episode

It starts with the chief toad transformed as Kyubi attacking the sand spirit and dodging his attacks then he holds down Shukaku by biting him down then transforms back and Naruto jumps off and punches Gaara so Shukaku is gone so it is Naruto and Gaara one on one now when Naruto running toward Gaara his legs are being sucked into the sand then Gaara tryies to surroned him with sand again but the chief wraps his tonge around Naruto but the sand is coming up later the hokage is still fighting Orichmaru with the help of the reaper but Orichmaru keeps pulling his own soul while the reaper pulls the soul also Konahamoru goes to the bathroom while walking to it he bumps into the women of the leaf village and Iruka asks if every woman and children are all here Naruto asks the Nine Tailed Fox inside of him to give him some chakra the men of the village are fighting off the sand ninja with pride the Naruto headbuts Gaara causing the sand to crumble Naruto and Gaara fall to ends of a tree then they both hit each othe causing them both to fall to the ground the hokage is still fighting Orichmaru but at the end he takes Orichmaru's hands away the last thing the third hokage sees before he dies is him trainig the younger Orichmaru TV-kid off
  • Winning. Yeah1

The invasion of the village hidden in the leaves turns for the leaf village to start winning and sound ninja are killed. It all starts with the plan no. 3 . ANBU black ops ambush some sand and sound ninja. Lord Hiashi Hyuuga attacks 20 ninja. Ino Shick Chou old school kills some more and injores many more. Naruto gains Kyuubi chakra and the Shukaku vanishes into sand. The one last punch does Gaara in, Naruto Winning. The Third hokage was killed but Orochimaru's hands are now all but useless and his precious techneques are gone. So deserved for him.
  • End of the Gaara/Naruto battle

This was excellent I love this episode so much there is a lot of action and excitment the Kohona shinobi cream the sand shinobi and they win the war Orochimaru loses his arms by Sarutobi and is forced to retreat this episode was very special and cool I love the little song when naruto finishes off Gaara ver nice. I hope more episodes will be like this one. And I think there will be once they face the sound five arc but that will be a while for the dub to release it.
  • This episode starts out with Kyuubi Naruto closing in on Shukaku, as he dodges Shukaku's shockwaves, he and Chief Toad cut the transformation, and ultimately Naruto ends up in a hand to hand fight on Shukaku's head with Gaara.

First of all... Ouch! You would think Naruto could choose a better method than a headbutt to wake up Gaara, but you gotta use what you have I suppose. This episode is the first to show us an actually "soft" side of Gaara. As he and Naruto lay on the ground, completely drained of Chakra, Naruto "slithers" over inch by inch as Gaara asks him why he fights so hard. Naruto explains he fights for who he cares about. They flashback to oddly similar childhoods, seeing how they were both shunned. We are left seeing perhaps a possible ally...
  • This was a very painful episode to watch! It made me cry so many times! The Third Hokage died. :(

This was a very painful episode to watch. It made me cry! I was so sad. I mean, it was cool because Naruto worked so hard to protect his friends and not let anything happen to his friends but the Third Hokage died. That was so sad! He's the village's hero and now he's gone. Sasuke was so impressed and surprised with Naruto. Now I know something really bad is going to happen! Please don't let the village and its people suffer. Orochimaru must die!!! I hate him so much!!! I hate Orochimaru so much for killing the Third Hokage and other things!! Why is he so evil??
  • This episode was exciting and interesting...

Transformed into Kyubi, Naruto and Gamabunta prepare to stop Shukaku by waking Gaara up. Though they succeed, the battle is far from over as Gaara won't stop until Naruto is dead. Naruto and Gaara prepare for their final attacks. Meanwhile, Sarutobi continues trying to defeat Orochimaru. And even though Sarutobi isn't strong enough to kill Orochimaru, he does have enough strength to take away Orochimaru's most prized possession...the use of his arms!
  • Who will win? Who will end up gone?

The first scene Naruto and the giant toad transform into the kyuubi.As he begin to fight the sand demon.After weakling an bit the sand demon the toad return back to normal.Naruto slapped Gaara,forcing him to wake him up.Now Gaara wants to get rid of Naruto.Meanwhile at the arena Gaara and Kakashi continue to fight.Seeing that the 3rd hokage had no strength left there is one thing he could do is getting rid of Orchimaru arms.As the battle continue in the viliage.Also Naruto and Gaara battle continue as well.With No chakara left Naruto uses his fury.Naruto promised to protect everyone.He than fight and beat Gaara and destory the sand demon.In the end the 3rd hokage
    end his life and passed away.Altough Gaara and Naruto was about to battle.They end up lost due to the chakara waste.

This was exciting! So we got to see some of the characters parents! Yet it was exciting!
  • Orochimaru!! =(

I thought this ep was pretty sad. Only because Sarutobi died and took Oros arms with him. I though the fight Naruto vs Gaara was amazing. I still think that Gaara is stronger then Naruto, simply because naruto fought Shukaku with help from the boss toad.. not to mention gaara was hurt by sasuke before, im sure Gaara would destroy Naruto on a one on one, but anyway this is one of my fave. episodes of the show.
  • Its gamabunta against shukaku!!!!!

The episode is amazing!!!! Naruto summons 200 shadow clones and makes gaara go to his next form. And now gamabunta and shukaku are gonna fight its just so exciting about how the outcomes will be!!! This will be a great fight, i just know it!!!! This episode will live up to all the hype since the next episode is were gaara and naruto really put up a fight.
  • Naruto vs Gaara Hokage vs orochimaru

One of the best episodes to date. It all started when Naruto killed the Shakau and broke Gaara free from his sleep. Then in the village the Leaf ninja were being swamped by all the incoming Sand and sound ninja. But we got to see some old and new faces is action. We saw Kakashi, Gai and some more of the Sensei Jounin fighting back at the stadium. But, for the first time we saw the fathers of Choji, Ino, and Shikamaru fight. In addition we saw what looked like Kiba's mom and her dog fighting aswell. Then in the match between the third and Orochimaru, the third didnt have enough strength to completely finish off Orochimaru, but he did manage to take the use of his hands from him.
  • The end of the invasion of Konoha

With the invasion of Konoha nearing it\'s end, the ninja from Konoha start a counter attack against the Sand Village Ninja. These ninja include the parent(s) of: Hinata, Shikamaru, Chouji, Ino, Kiba and Shino. Gaara and Naruto finsih their battle, with it ending Gaara and Naruto staight on, with no justus, and Naruto coming up the victor. Then, sadly, the third hokage sacrifices himself so he could seal away Orochimaru\'s arms so he can\'t preform any justus. So my final thoughts with this episode were that it was awesome seeing some of the parent(s) of the rookie nine, Gaara and Naruto\'s battle was sweet and that is was sad seeing the third hokage die.