Naruto

Bitter Rivals and Broken Bonds

Aired Thursday 7:30 PM Oct 05, 2007 on TV Tokyo

• No more flashbacks!

What turned out to be a surprisingly great episode the previous viewing follows up with this. I really liked how it elaborated on Sasuke and Naruto's feelings for each other and how this rivalry is developing pretty nicely. It is also planting the roots for this rivalry to shoot itself even higher with the appearance of the Four Sound. What I didn't like was the numerous flashbacks that were used. This is normal in terms of Naruto standards but it is still a problem. There is just way too much of it, I'd like to think that I have a memory bank in me and wouldn't need to be reminded of every single scene once every episode.
  • it was awesome and it was cool

it was really cool and i liked it mani wish naruto was really in real life i would want to be like naruto man it was so co o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o oo o o o o o o oo o o o o o o o l i want narutoto be like me and me llike me ahhhh im going crazy c o o o o o o l
  • Dun dun dun...Sasuke finally leaves. Now the regular Naruto series is winding down...

Dun dun dun...Sasuke finally leaves. Now the regular Naruto series is winding down... Sasuke's totally snapped, the Sasuke retrieval arc is starting and, and Orochimaru's plan is unfolding. I can't wait!! :D The realization of Naruto's rapid and incredible progress has hit Sasuke full force and he can't take it any longer. He hates the feeling of inferiority and can't stand Naruto anymore so he leaves, but not before Kakashi gives him a "lecture." (Lol. I loved it when Sasuke tried to be a smart-a$$ and asked how Kakashi would like it if everyone dear to him was killed and Kakashi said that he was a little late for that. Lol. Stupid Sasuke.) The rest of the Naruto series is gonna be awesome! (Well, maybe not the fillers. I haven't seen them yet.)
  • Another great episode

I'll just skip right to the plot summary. What happens in this episode is As Naruto and Sasuke are about to clash, Kakashi appears and deflects them into differing water towers. Admiring the damage his attack has done to his water tower, Sasuke believes himself to be stronger than Naruto. On closer inspection, he finds Naruto's tower to be considerably worse off, and only comes to envy Naruto's strength more. Kakashi takes Sasuke aside and lectures him about not attacking friends. While Sasuke only half-listens to Kakashi's words, the arrival of Orochimaru's Sound Four erases Kakashi's message from his mind. It was a good episode I can't wait for the next one. Thunder was here!!!
  • Squad 7 split apart?

As we come back to where we left off with Naruto and Sasuke charging up their signiture moves, Sakura is running after them trying to stop them. Just when it looks like Sakura is going to get caught in the crossfire, Kakashi comes and redirects their attacks into two water towers on the hospital roof. Kakashi and Jiraiya talk about how their relationship is and that they need to talk to their students.

Sakura, Naruto, and Sasuke each remember when they used to be a team and how much fun it was. Sasuke then starts thinking about revenge when Kakshi comes to lecture him. Sakura and Naruto go on a date to talk about some issues.

Elsewhere, The Sound Ninja 4 are watching Sasuke.....
  • Naruto and Sasuke bitter rivals?

This show opens up where the last left off as Naruto using his Rasengan and Sasuke using his Chidori charging toward each other. Sakura is distressed and runs to intervene, but Kakashi beats her there and grabs Naruto and Sasuke by the wrists and throw them toward the water towers on the roof in order to deflect their attacks. Sasuke is impressed that he had caused more damage than Naruto when they hit the water towers, but when he sees what Naruto did to the back of the one he hit, Sasuke is once again jealous of how far Naruto has progressed.
    Kakashi lectures Sasuke on his training and what it means to be a ninja while Sakura decides that she needs to tell Naruto about the curse seal that Orochimaru gave Sasuke.
  • Naruto and Sauske were engagin in a fight becuase Sauske got so tired of Naruto being better than him and passing him up. They battled on the rooftop of the hospital. Sakura was running toward them so they will stop fighting. Kakashi stopped the fight.

this episode was the BOMB!! I've been waiting for this fight for like forever. i've seen it in the amvs and i finally got to see it. Omg i was like no hew didnt just do that. When sasuke slapped the plate of food out of Sakuras hand i was like oh #3LL no. i wouldve slapped him myslef. Tihs episode just really had a lot of *gasp* and *ohhh* in it. Then when sasuke grimmed naruto omg i could fel the chill from his glare thorugh the screee. I thought sasuke was going to kill naruto because of what the damage the chidori had did to the FRONT of the water barrel. but nartuto would've killed sasuke. i was so glad when kakashi stpped in cause sakura would've got killed herself or even oblivated . why would u run with ur eyes close if u tryin to stop someone/something from fighting. no sense. but im glad that kakshi stopped it though
  • Sasuke considers leaving.....

We all know that Sasuke leaves, but just for a moment, it's kind of nice to pretend he doesn't. In all my time watching Naruto, Sasuke has always been my favorite. But not in that crazy fan girl way. He just seemed like the kind of character I was used to. Midway into the series, I thought I would do some Naruto searching on the internet. I came across the fact that Sasuke left to join Orochimaru. This left me a bit sad, but I figured it was no big deal, seeing as I was only into the Chunin Exa Arc at the time. Now that it's actually here, I feel so sad. I guess I should tell you what happened. Sasuke and Naruto were butting heads until Kakashi showed up and made them back off. Kakashi took Sasuke aside and explained to him that revenge wasn't the answer; he should now. Everyone precious to him, like Sasuke, had been murdered. Then the Sound Four show up to take Sasuke away.
  • Sasuke... OWNED!

Picking up the manga story of chapter 176, Sasuke and Naruto are having their first official fight as rivals. Sasuke is taught two very painful lessons this episode, one by Naruto, and the other by Kakashi-sensei.

Naruto's rapid progress shows Sasuke that he's got a long way to go, thought to be fair, Sasuke has improved a great deal, but he was already considered to be an elite, Naruto's progress makes him feel like he's not gotten anywhere.

Kakashi reminds Sasuke that it's because he's got special people to protect, he has the Chidori. Both have suffered personal losses, but in spite of that, they still have prescious people in their lives.

Too bad this is the start of the Rescue Sasuke story arc, I'd have liked to have seen a bit more growth on Sasuke's part, before he takes the easy way out and joins Orochimaru.