Naruto

Brothers: Distance Among the Uchiha

Aired Thursday 7:30 PM Jan 05, 2008 on TV Tokyo

• I don't remember this episode being this good.

When I watched this episode over two years ago I was actually pretty bored. Now I guess that I've learned of the truth (after the timejump) it really forced me to pay attention to the drama occurring in this episode. In fact this episode executed like a really good drama should, the character development and the acting was just surprisingly top notched. The relationship between Itachi and Sasuke was indeed really close and Sasuke's mission to get approval from his dad was really well presented. Despite being a genius himself Sasuke still couldn't get out of his brother's shadow. It's just really surprising that Naruto was capable of pulling off an episode like this, caught me by surprise like the whole Going Merry incident with Usopp and the Straw Hats in One Piece; excellent drama you never saw coming.
  • watcha itachi

Yay Itachi returns to the series, but in flashback form. What happens in this episode is Naruto rises from the flames unharmed, and Sasuke begins to remember his childhood and his reasons for becoming obsessed with power. Sasuke's childhood was spent living in his brother, Itachi's, shadow. Being the prodigy of the clan, Itachi received all the attention from their father, leaving Sasuke to live his life trying to earn his father's recognition. Itachi, aware of Sasuke's efforts, did what he could to redirect some of their father's attention to Sasuke, but saw little success. In time, the members of the Uchiha clan began to suspect Itachi of being a murderer, and Itachi started openly attacking and disrespecting the clan. It was awesome only cause it had Itachi in it, but Tobi is still better than him. Strike of Thunder!!!
  • Finally! The uchiha's past!

This episode was among one of my favorites. It reveals Sasuke and Itachi's past a little more. It really showed us some very important charater background. We find out that Itachi was actually nice and kind to his little brother but didn't seem to have enough time to be with him. Itachi was favored by his father while Sasuke was ignored, or at least Sasuke thought that. Itachi was accepted into the ANBU. He then starts saying wierd things. Itachi then later killed the clan and left Sasuke alive. Sasuke, bent on revenge, vowed to kill his brother for killing the clan. It was a well made background. I wouldn' be able to think about something like that!
  • Sasuke's flashbacks to his past reveal the trouble brewing at home.

As Sasuke and Naruto continue their fight, Sasuke has flashbacks to the past when he was younger and his brother Itachi had just joined the Anbu Black Ops. It seems that there is trouble brewing at home. Sasuke and Itachi's father has a mission that he demands that Itachi perform on the same day that Sasuke has his ceramony at the school for Genins. Itachi refuses to do the mission because it is the duty of the family to be at Sasuke's ceramony. Their father gives in and agrees. Sasuke tries his best at school and makes the highest marks in his class, but his father only says that he expects that he will do as well as Itachi. Sasuke is disappointed that Itachi is the only one that his dad says "that's my boy!" to.
  • Wow, i bet you didn't expect that

I reallllllyyyy liked this episode, it gave us a look at what their childhood was like and you can tell why itachi would want to kill some of the people in his clan(so full of themselves,seriously). sasuke did have a pretty lousy child hood but i was suprised itachi was that nice to sasuke though, i mean no real older brother would ever be that nice. i don't know why but for me episodes that have flash backs to tell us more about their lives are more interesting than fight scenes that go on for like five episodes. Any what it is definately one of my all time favorite episodes!!!!
  • Itachi and Sasuke... The brotherhood that could never be...

Well, this episode does kinda make you sympathize with Sasuke a bit more. His childhood sucked. First, he's born the youngest with an awesome older brother. Second, his father favors Itachi and looks down on Sasuke. His mother and Itachi are the only ones who seem to care about Sasuke even an ounce. And third, Itachi turns on his family and kills them all in cold blood except for Sasuke. Pretty sucky childhood if you ask me. Anyway, Sasuke is in the middle of fighting Naruto, who is trying to bring him home for Sakura. Sasuke, however, is none too eager to return to his old life. He only wants power. He recalls his childhood, and how Itachi, his bro, used to take him out so Sasuke could watch him train. And later, Sasuke heard his father say to Itachi, "That's my boy." So when report cards came out at school, Sasuke got the highest marks in his class. He rushed home to show his father, who looked at them and said, "Good. You'll be as great as Itachi in no time." I really don't think he had any idea how much that hurt. Sasuke didn't want to be his brother, he wanted to be Sasuke! And some other stuffs happens... and there's fighting...
  • ITACHI!!! (In a flashback)

• A good episode.

As the battle continues Sasuke remembers the way Itachi used to act towards him. However one day when accused of killing another Uchiha, Sasuke realizes that he sees hate for the first time in Itachis eyes. At the end of the confrontation Itachi activates his Mangekyo Sharingan and Sasuke is the only one to see it. This way a good episode because we see how Itachi and Sasuke acted before the destruction of their clan and how far away Itachi is from Sasuke. We also see that the other members of the clan dont like Itachi because he is a genius.
  • One of the best episodes ever!

After a long time of waiting, this episode is finally here! Sasuke and Naruto continue to fight on the Uchiha Madara and Shodai Hokage statues. Sasuke has a flashback. In the flashback, we get to see Itachi show some emotion, and he was actually nice to Sasuke! Itachi was blamed for the death of Uchiha Shisui. When some other Uchiha clan members come to ask Itachi about that, he attacks them, beats them in 3 or 4 seconds, and says how pathetic that clan is. Some dramatic music plays when he throws a kunai at the Uchiha clan symbol, and that's when Itachi and his father no longer get along. When he hears Sasuke yell to him to stop, he apologizes for what he said, and he says he did not kill Shisui. We later see him with the Mangekyo Sharingan activated. Enjoy these important episodes now, because at the end of the month, the 85 straight filler episodes start.
  • Good episode..

omg this was soo sad..:( This goes back when Sasuke and Itachi was together when they were young..and it showed how nice Itachi was and I was like really shocked because you know I never saw Itachi with a happy expression on his face before..anyway it was also sad because Sasuke was expecting praise from his father when he entered the academy and when he got those good grades on his report card but his father never gave him the praise..so when three Black Ops came on the door step, in other words they was very curious about Itachi and their member..as if two of them wasnt there other day and they was probably wondering if Itachi killed thier teammate..that was when something snapped inside of Itachi and he beat them up..and during the whole ordeal Sasuke was watching even..I think there was a couple things that fell apart..1. Itachi didnt like the clan..2. Sasuke didnt get as much attention from his father as Itachi did..so in other words he was jealous and wanted someone to notice him..it was also sad..cus ur seeing two friends fighting and one is trying to get him to come back to his teammate and others in Konoha..
  • Sasuke recalls his brother Itachi when the Uchiha clan was still around.

My favorite Naruto episode so far I must say! Sasuke and Naruto are still battling it out, and while Naruto is pounded into the ground, Sasuke is thinking back to the past, where he once lived amongst the Uchiha clan. He was always compared to his brother, and though he may have looked up to Itachi he, he still felt a bit iferior to him, but who wouldn't, his brother was perfect, seen by the eyes of his family and clan. Sasuke's father was always pushing him to be like his brother. This episode is my favorite because it sort of shows how Itachi came to where he is now, and why Sasuke feels some resentment. Sasuke, who has now gained more power than he can imagine, is contented, and will destroy anyone in his way who tries to bring him back home. Hopefully, Naruto can knock him back into his senses.
  • Naruto vs. Sasuke

In this episode Naruto and Sasuke face off. Naruto keeps punching Sasuke and Sasuke does not even bother to block any of them. Then he says you need more hate sound(I heard that before :D). So Sasuke knocks Naruto in the ground and tells him more about Itachi. And how he joined the academy and how nice Itachi was. And everything changed when he saw hate in his eyes for the first time. This episode is very good and you can watch these episode over and over I have watch these episode at least 5 times. Also the Neji,Kiba,Choji and Shikamaru fights are good as well.
  • This episode shows a side of Itachi that I would have never thought to see! I understand Itachi a bit more now.

This episode was very insightful for me. It opened up my eyes to Itachi. I think that Itachi was driven to do what he did to his clan because of his clan drove him to do it. I think that by going to ANBU, he was able to open his eyes to how much his clan only cared for their reputation and it drove him to insanity! He seems to say that once people seek power, that is all they care about and it drives people to not think clearly. He said something along those lines, I believe. But I feel Itachi was driven to his insanity and if his clan had not put so much pressure on him he may not have snapped. I also felt bad for Sasuke because it seemed like he was becoming his brother by fighting Naruto like this. Sasuke became more sensitive to me, also. Overall, I felt this episode opened up the charactes to us.
  • this episode was good

this epiosde showed why sasuke can defeat itachi , itachi has made a worst enemy and that tool revenge will be sasuke\\\'s power to end it, Sasuke will not give up. but still this episode shows tht sasuke will do anything to gain power an that is why i chose character development
  • I\\\'ve watch the anime AND the manga of this show.

This episode proves that Sasuke really looked up tho Itachi when they were little. One of my favorites, the anime really did a good job keeping in the manga parts of it. And the sprained ankle was just so cute ¢¾

Probably the only sceen that was out of place in the anime was the part when Sasuke\\\'s mom noticed the burn marks on his cheeks and rubs them with a tissue. You never see that part in the manga, but it fitted in okay.

But the sceen about Itachi arguing if he did kill someone or not, well, a little rocky there. But I\\\'m just glad they kept in the part where Sasuke yells at Itachi to stop instead of Itachi getting into a street fight. ^^