Naruto

Byakugan Battle: Hinata Grows Bold!

Aired Thursday 7:30 PM Aug 08, 2006 on TV Tokyo

• Hyuga vs. Hyuga now it's tough

When Hinata was matched against Neji, then there was some good battle. I knew that Hinata couldn't win against Neji. Neji is too strong. I guess that they hate eachother because of their branches. Hinata had let it all get to her even though she is the Hyuga heir of the main branch. Neji harbored so much resentment that he forced HInata to give up. Well, when the battle started, it was fierce, it was like Hinata had the upper hand but she missed. This battle proved Hinata to grow up a little. Neji had these cool Byakugans that can detect Tenketsu. He defeats her and it's Gaara vs. Rock Lee. The third eye can see everything
  • Hyuga vs. Hyuga. Hinata lets it out.

• It's a match between family members.

Naruto uses the ointment that Hinata gave him. His wounds heal quickly and Naruto thinks the ointment did it, but Kakashi knows that it's the power of The Nine Tailed Fox in Naruto that heals him so quickly. Hinata goes to give some ointment to Kiba and Akamaru. Kiba tells her not to worry about him, she needs to worry about herself. Kiba tells Hinata that if she or Neji is matched against Gaara, they should forfeit the match. He tells her that Gaara would show no mercy and probably kill them. The next match is announced. It's Hinata versus Neji.....
  • Hinata VS Neji!!

Hinata and Neji fight. Neji keeps on taking Hinata's self-confidence away from her. Hinata is so close to loosing but with Naruto cheering her on she regains her confidence. Naruto was getting tired of Neji talking badly to her. People notice that it is Byakugan vs. Byakugan. Neji and Hinata are cousins. Overall this episode looks good because they are both part of the Hyuga clan and both have the Byakugan. Naruto cheering Hinata was also a good part because it showed how much Naruto is an influence to Hinata's life and how well she performs during any event because she had always admired him.
  • Neji vs Hinata

As Narutos battle ends Kiba warns Hinata to give up if she has to face Gaara or Neji. When the results for the next match come up Hinata has to face off against Neji. Neji is a cousin of Hinata. Neji is from the side branch while Hinata is form the main branch of the Hyuuga clan. As Hinata and Neji begin their battle Neji warns her to resign. Neji tells her the battle will end badly for her. Just when it seems that Hinata is about to give up Naruto yells at her and tells her not to give up. This gives Hinata confidence and she starts the fight with Neji. Hinata gets a hit on Neji. At the end of the episode Neji and Hinata hit each other with one of them doing excessive damage to the other. This episode was informative in the fact that we learn a lot about chakra and the Hyuuga clan.
  • Hinata battles Neji.

• One of my favourite episodes ^^

After Kiba's defeat, his teammate Hinata gave him some ointment. Kiba took the opportunity to warn her on what will come by her way. He warned her to give up straight away if she were to be matched up with Gaara or her cousin, Neji. It was just then when the next match was announced, and it was exactly what Kiba and Hinata feared - she was matched up with Neji, and she had no hope. On the battlefield, Neji started off with attacking Hinata mentally, and it worked on the sensitive, shy Hinata until Naruto interrupted and cheered Hinata on. Will Hinata start believing in herself, or will she just listen to her nii-san and just give up?
  • Darn you Neji!!!!!

Naruto won the fight, now it's time for the next one. Hinata Hyuga vs. Neji Hyuga. Naruto and Sakura notice that they have the last name, and Kakashi tells them that they are cousins. Neji picks on Hinata mentally. He tells her that she was never cut out to be a shinobi and that will never change. Naruto tells Neji to shut up and cheers on Hinata. She is insoired, and fights back. Neji and Hinata both use their Byakugan, a kekkei genkai inherited in the Hyuga clan. The two of them damage each other's chakra points and internal organs. They both strike at each other's heart, and the episode ends.
  • The beggining of a great fight between my favorite character Hinata, and her cousin Neji.

This is like the prequel of the Hinata verses Neji fight. It explains the Byakugan, the two branches of the Hyuuga clan, and the two's sibling rivarly. Neji was scary because he used his Byakugan to expose Hinata's "soul". It also explains how she loves Naruto(go HinaXNaru!) and uses his bravery to help her train and build up self confidence. I really liked Hinata in this episode because of her bravery, it signifies even though at times she can seem shy she will step up against people (like Neji.) And at the end they both send thier first strike. Or one of them those not sure which one. A great epsiode.
  • The Hyuuga fights!!

After Naruto's win versus Kiba, they move to the next match, between Hinata Hyūga and her cousin Neji.

Although both Hinata and Neji have the Byakugan, Neji belongs to a branch house of the clan, which is not well-respected by the Main house. For this reason, Neji despises the Main house, of which Hinata is a member. Before the match begins, Neji informs Hinata that she has no chance of winning because she is weak, and uses fatalistic philosophy to support his claim, stating that, because talent is determined at birth, Hinata will never be able to defeat him. This speech weakens Hinata's resolve, which wasn't that strong to begin with.

However, Naruto doesn't believe anything at all about Neji's fatalistic speech, since it implies that drop-outs remain drop-outs, and Naruto was a dropout. Naruto cheers Hinata on, which immediately changes her attitude.

It is soon apparent that Hinata's match-up with Neji was one of the worst things that could have happened for her; because they share the same fighting styles, and Hinata was less talented than Neji, Neji knew her fighting style even better than she did. Because the Hyuga Clan's "gentle hand" fighting style uses the Byakugan in combat, they can see the opponent's Chakra Circulatory System and disrupt it, which can be fatal if used on the vital organs.
  • Kiba has lost to Naruto and is leaving when he sees Hinata...A review from an Artist.

Hinata is warned by Kiba that if she gets certian people to just quit one person is Neji. It was quite a suprise to see that she has gotten Neji. Neji is from the secondary branch while Hinata is from the main branch. Neji is definintaly stronger than Hinata but Hinata won't give up. Neji keeps saying that she is a failure and once a failure always a failure. Neji is just jealous though that he is from a side branch from the Hyugga. Will Neji's jealousy lead him to win. Or will Naruto watching Hinata make her bold enough to stand her ground. This is my masterpeice.
  • I liked this because it shows the power of Hinata and Neji's clan. And a wonderful power it is, too.

I was surprised when they said that Hinata and Neji were going to have to fight. And I knew their Kekki Genki was strong ... but that's awesome. I love the Gentle Fist move.

Anyway, in the beginning of this EP, Hinata gives Naruto some ointment for his wounds from his fight with Kiba and the puppy. He is healing real fast, but it isn't from the ointment, it's from the nine tailes fox inside of him. I think it's awesome how fast he heals.

Anyway, I love the fight between Hinata and Neji, and they cut it off in the most horrible place. The end of that episode was terrible! And I wad to wait a week to see any further.

It was awesome, though. :D

~CrystalRaindrop
  • Nice psychological episode.

With Naruto defeating Kiba, the next match is on its way. Kiba, before he was sent away, told Hinata to give up immediately if she was either matched up with Neji or Gaara. Unfortunately for her, her next opponent is Neji. Neji was actually being a little generous to Hinata, sort of threatening her and dwindling her self confidence, so she'll be too nervous to continue fighting. However, Naruto's words encourages her, and she battles on. Using the same techniques and martial arts style as Neji, the two seem to be equal. Will it remain like this in the next episode?

While it was pretty much all talking in the first fifteen minutes, the psychological part of it was pretty interesting. In fact, I learned a lot from him in this episode alone! He went into every detail, analyzed Hinata up and down to see if there's any hints of her body language that he could use against her through his intimidating words, and got her in a corner before Naruto gave her strength again. My eyes were glued to the TV, wondering what Neji was going to say next. While the fight was short, it was pretty entertaining. It really wasn't a fast paced fight, but it was just those "Strong" type of fights. I just loved hearing the sound effects of Neji and Hinata's hits.
  • As Naruto recovers from the battle with Kiba, the next two contestants are selected: Hinata and Neji.

This episode had a few minutes of fight, but it was still good. Hinata really changes in this episode, and we see some of Hinata\'s and Neji\'s past. This episdoe was very revealing. Neji says cruel things to Hinata, and that makes Naruto very mad. Hinata and Neji use a style that i unique to their clan, like the Byakugan. It\'s a battle of the siblings. It\'s a family feud for the ages. This episdoe is a filler, in my opinion: Not enough fighting, too much. . . non-fighting moments. It was still a good episode. A 10 out of 10.
  • The first battle between Hinita and Neji.Neji giving Hinata discourage and disbelief.But even with taunts and hates.Would make an person stronger.Hinita is going to show that she isn't about to give up not just yet.

This episode show some character development.I mean for Hinata.Since we know that she's the shy character always mumbling around Naruto.I don't think Naruto,gets the concept that she likes him.But after Neji begin talking mean to her.She start to changed meaning that she knew that she had to be strong no matter what the cost is.Naruto gets some lesson on Charka power.I think this episode is cool.Also hinted an little bit of Naruto and Hinata together.This episode is going to show how strong Hinata will be for part 2.
  • negi hyuga and hinata hyuga face off negi tries to fight hinata.they use their byakugon.

i didn't really like it that much i mean man it was like nothing happened man.all they diid was talk talk talk talk talk and taaaaaaaalllllllllllk allllll throught the episode man i could have gone without seeing the episode i was so exvited and BOOM it was done it started at9:00 and talked until 9:28 then they faught for a minute plus the early cut for an extra commercial. hinata sucks you know pretty much the whole episode sucks im so glad i can takr my anger out on this review.when hinata talks she's a little mumbler mumble mumble. bye bye (-: