Naruto Forums

TV Tokyo (ended 2007)

Best Battle Pre-Shippuuden?

Best battle Pre--Shippuuden?

Anime-Fannn

[1]Feb 13, 2009
    • level: 7
    Which battle do you think is the best battle pre-shippuuden? If you disagree with the top 5 in the poll just say so in a post.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Ranemoraken

[2]Feb 14, 2009
    • level: 20
    Well, the only one I can easily eliminate is Haku, as that battle stretched on a bit too long. It had a nice ending and all, but not enough.

As for animation, Sasuke and Naruto take the cake.

I liked Kidomaru versus Neji, as it was very technical and non-conventional.

pikastatic100

[3]Feb 14, 2009
    • level: 48
    Naruto vs. Sasuke hands down. Though I must say that I quite liked a lot of the battles in the Sasuke Retrieval Arc.

OneNotTaken

[4]Feb 14, 2009
    • level: 21
    My favorite is lee vs. gaara, and I feel like a lot of people are going to say that, and no one is going to say Naruto vs. haku because...there is only one good scene in that fight, and its like the first 4 minutes of episode 17. Its absolutely awesome, but the rest of those fights along with gaara vs. lee contain continual back and forth of really cool taijutsu and ninjutsu.

OneNotTaken

[5]Feb 14, 2009
    • level: 21
    Out of those I'd say Naruto vs. Sasuke, and the Sannin fight are pretty close for me...but I'm going N vs. S.

xTokiWartoothx

[6]Feb 14, 2009
    • level: 10

OneNotTaken wrote:
    Out of those I'd say Naruto vs. Sasuke, and the Sannin fight are pretty close for me...but I'm going N vs. S.

agreed. but i think the animation team's work really shines during rock lee fights.

the thing i hate the most is that the animation in the movies is so much better than on the show. i understand it probably costs a little more but with a story like naruto you don't skimp. it's just wrong.

in all honesty kishi is up there near miyazaki, and in my opinion is definitely better (not more legendary) than toriyama. (i know i'm going to get hate posts for that.) but seriously, his characters have much more depth than db or sandman, and his plot is... well you can't even compare, db was always the same,

-small bad guy

-uh oh they are henchmen

-goku or someone trains and gets way stronger in like 2 days

-they fight the main guy

-small twist

-they win

-they dragonball everyone who died back to life so they don't have to commit to killing a character.

in naruto you can't predict whats going to happen, and when people die they stay dead... typically

but i digress. lee's fights are the most visually entertaining, the fight in the valley of the end was the best on general principal, and the sannin fight was the most epic. naruto vs. gaara comes close to those but the only EXTREMELY satisfying moment was when naruto transformed gamabunta into the kyuubi, that was probably the most shocking of fight moments.

Edited on 02/14/2009 5:11am

qtwanderer

[7]Feb 14, 2009
    • level: 27
    It would be naruto vs gaara or kimi vs lee/gaara. The sannin fight was cool, could have been a bit longer possibly. Though I did like Choji's and Neji's fights..those were pretty good. The naruto vs sasuke one was meh to me...

and the Haku fight, well it did not show so much skill on Haku's part....it was so so

Rafie26

[8]Feb 14, 2009
    • level: 11
    Naruto vs Sasuke was definitely the best. But I will say that Rock Lee vs. Kimimaro was more entertaining.

Mesolarkonomy

[9]Feb 14, 2009
    • level: 4
    Naruto/Lee/Gaara vs Kimi was definitely my favorite.

firefox59

[10]Feb 14, 2009
    • level: 19
    I liked Gaara vs Kimi cause of all of Gaara's moves me saw and Lee vs. Gaara was cool but Naruto vs. Sasuke has to be it. From Sasuke finally unlocking the Sharingan to Naruto going onetail that was an epic fight.

YamiGuzz

[11]Feb 14, 2009
    • level: 15
    I personally liked Naruto vs Neji bout but the Sasuke and NAruto one (both ones) are the best in my eyes.

narutorox3

[12]Feb 15, 2009
    • level: 9
    Easily Naruto vs. Sasuke. So much emotion in that fight.

Ranemoraken

[13]Feb 21, 2009
    • level: 20
    Naruto x Neji was really cool back in the day. Neji needed a good smacking, as he was obnoxious. That final action scene felt really intense. However, the episodes are slow, and of all the fights, Naruto's victory was a little arbitrary. He caught Neji off-guard and floored him in the last act.