Naruto Forums

TV Tokyo (ended 2007)

Dont ya think?

  • Avatar of blackmagechris1

    blackmagechris1

    [21]Feb 9, 2009
    • member since: 09/20/06
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 937

    Most of the edits on Naruto are minor. The one really stands out that I can think of is Loopy Fist Lee who drinks Eilxer. I remember in the old day that Gundam Seed having colors painted on guns to make them lasers or Flay telling Sai that she was in Kira's room doing the naughty got replaced with her and Kira are dating.

    As long we got subs and dvds, it ain't a big deal. Besides, why on Code Geass do I want to see some Pizza Hut sign or want to sued CN for not showing me Kallen's boobs, If I do that, I'm nothing more a pervert.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Nightmare_Sea

    Nightmare_Sea

    [22]Feb 9, 2009
    • member since: 02/05/09
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 87
    Adv193 wrote:

    Here are the four I was thinking of for Yu Yu Hakusho.

    1. Between the Genkai Tournament and Saint Beast saga, the time frame was 1 month in the Japanese verison of the anime and 6 months in the Engish verison.

    2. In the mission to Rescue Yukina, Hiei and Koenma knew that the Toguro Brothers were in Tarukane's mansion for the english version while the Japanese version they had no clue.

    3. In the Dark Tournament saga the english version added the plot line where the owner of Team Masho and Black Book Club member Butajuri wanted to defeat Yusuke whom he believed was responsible for Tarukane's death which was not present in the Japanese version.

    4. Changing Younger Toguro's final decsion from being sent to the Darkest Hell to Limbo for the English version.

    But for the actual amount of changes I am not aware of but listening to the English audio with subtitles that follow the Japanese version will help.


    Wow. You learn something new every day.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of shadowysea07

    shadowysea07

    [23]Feb 10, 2009
    • member since: 09/21/07
    • level: 25
    • rank: Coconut Phone
    • posts: 3,289
    Adv193 wrote:
    AnimeMadness wrote:
    OneNotTaken wrote:
    AnimeMadness wrote:
    The only dubbing company that is even worthy of respect is FUNimation. They did DBZ, FMA, and Yu Yu Hakusho, which are exceptionally well done dubs. I myself prefer the dub DBZ and YYH to their Japanese counterparts, which is saying a lot since I'm a "sub elitist". Personally, I feel FUNimation would have done a better job with Naruto.

    But yes I agree with OneNotTaken about after watching so many subs you'll eventually even forget you're reading. I also find that if you watch enough subs, you'll eventually pick up on Japanese, albeit slowly. Its gotten to a point where I know Viz's subs aren't accurate because I can understand what the dialouge is actually saying.
    Totally agree, I also prefer uncut DBZ and Yu Yu in English to Japanese. I didn't even realize they were all done by the same company, makes a lot of sense. =p
    Yup, they're done by the same company. If you pay close attention you can tell DBZ and YYH use the same voice actors. Kuwabara and Piccolo are the same person! XD

    I don't really care much for Naruto's VA... I feel Malie's voice is a one-tone pitch. With Junko she's much more dramatic and serious when Naruto is suppose to be. I personally think Malie tries too hard that it's coming out wrong. Junko even made her voice deeper for when Naruto grew older, and from the dubbed clips there are of Shippuden, Malie's voice remained the same.

    Not to mention that Funimation allowed One Piece to be released uncut after 4Kids made an awful dub of that series. Too bad Cartoon Network gave up on it despite gaining better ratings with the Funimation dub. In fact Christopher Sabat who does Piccolo and Kazuma Kuwabara voice also did Alex Louise Armstrong and Ronora Zoro's voice. As for Naruto I think the dub is an accurate translation of the original and no childish puns or plot changes. My only issue with Funimation is that they sometimes make unnecessary plot changes like I know four different plot changes that Funimation did in Yu Yu Hakusho.

    one piece got cancelled because it went on a 2 year hiatus and no one knew what it was when it suddenly came back. its too bad that adult swim didn't pick it up in the first place. i doubt the ratings were good after it came back due to the only difference being the va's what was the point of making the dub if they wern't allowed to change anything except on dvd.
    Edited on 02/10/2009 7:42am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Adv193

    Adv193

    [24]Feb 10, 2009
    • member since: 06/07/05
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 751
    shadowysea07 wrote:
    Adv193 wrote:
    AnimeMadness wrote:
    OneNotTaken wrote:
    AnimeMadness wrote:
    The only dubbing company that is even worthy of respect is FUNimation. They did DBZ, FMA, and Yu Yu Hakusho, which are exceptionally well done dubs. I myself prefer the dub DBZ and YYH to their Japanese counterparts, which is saying a lot since I'm a "sub elitist". Personally, I feel FUNimation would have done a better job with Naruto.

    But yes I agree with OneNotTaken about after watching so many subs you'll eventually even forget you're reading. I also find that if you watch enough subs, you'll eventually pick up on Japanese, albeit slowly. Its gotten to a point where I know Viz's subs aren't accurate because I can understand what the dialouge is actually saying.
    Totally agree, I also prefer uncut DBZ and Yu Yu in English to Japanese. I didn't even realize they were all done by the same company, makes a lot of sense. =p
    Yup, they're done by the same company. If you pay close attention you can tell DBZ and YYH use the same voice actors. Kuwabara and Piccolo are the same person! XD

    I don't really care much for Naruto's VA... I feel Malie's voice is a one-tone pitch. With Junko she's much more dramatic and serious when Naruto is suppose to be. I personally think Malie tries too hard that it's coming out wrong. Junko even made her voice deeper for when Naruto grew older, and from the dubbed clips there are of Shippuden, Malie's voice remained the same.

    Not to mention that Funimation allowed One Piece to be released uncut after 4Kids made an awful dub of that series. Too bad Cartoon Network gave up on it despite gaining better ratings with the Funimation dub. In fact Christopher Sabat who does Piccolo and Kazuma Kuwabara voice also did Alex Louise Armstrong and Ronora Zoro's voice. As for Naruto I think the dub is an accurate translation of the original and no childish puns or plot changes. My only issue with Funimation is that they sometimes make unnecessary plot changes like I know four different plot changes that Funimation did in Yu Yu Hakusho.

    one piece got cancelled because it went on a 2 year hiatus and no one knew what it was when it suddenly came back. its too bad that adult swim didn't pick it up in the first place. i doubt the ratings were good after it came back due to the only difference being the va's what was the point of making the dub if they wern't allowed to change anything except on dvd.

    I remember hearing of the rating increase after the new OP dub first aired but maybe CN pulled a Fox and thought that the ratings weren't good enough to keep it one like however Fox cancels their primetime shows when they don't think the ratings are good enough although technically those episodes were all Funimation gave to CN. But other than One Piece, it looks doubtful that CN will obtain Naruto Shippuden at the moment.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of DarkHero20

    DarkHero20

    [25]Feb 10, 2009
    • member since: 01/14/09
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 165
    shadowysea07 wrote:
    Adv193 wrote:
    AnimeMadness wrote:
    OneNotTaken wrote:
    AnimeMadness wrote:
    The only dubbing company that is even worthy of respect is FUNimation. They did DBZ, FMA, and Yu Yu Hakusho, which are exceptionally well done dubs. I myself prefer the dub DBZ and YYH to their Japanese counterparts, which is saying a lot since I'm a "sub elitist". Personally, I feel FUNimation would have done a better job with Naruto.

    But yes I agree with OneNotTaken about after watching so many subs you'll eventually even forget you're reading. I also find that if you watch enough subs, you'll eventually pick up on Japanese, albeit slowly. Its gotten to a point where I know Viz's subs aren't accurate because I can understand what the dialouge is actually saying.
    Totally agree, I also prefer uncut DBZ and Yu Yu in English to Japanese. I didn't even realize they were all done by the same company, makes a lot of sense. =p
    Yup, they're done by the same company. If you pay close attention you can tell DBZ and YYH use the same voice actors. Kuwabara and Piccolo are the same person! XD

    I don't really care much for Naruto's VA... I feel Malie's voice is a one-tone pitch. With Junko she's much more dramatic and serious when Naruto is suppose to be. I personally think Malie tries too hard that it's coming out wrong. Junko even made her voice deeper for when Naruto grew older, and from the dubbed clips there are of Shippuden, Malie's voice remained the same.

    Not to mention that Funimation allowed One Piece to be released uncut after 4Kids made an awful dub of that series. Too bad Cartoon Network gave up on it despite gaining better ratings with the Funimation dub. In fact Christopher Sabat who does Piccolo and Kazuma Kuwabara voice also did Alex Louise Armstrong and Ronora Zoro's voice. As for Naruto I think the dub is an accurate translation of the original and no childish puns or plot changes. My only issue with Funimation is that they sometimes make unnecessary plot changes like I know four different plot changes that Funimation did in Yu Yu Hakusho.

    one piece got cancelled because it went on a 2 year hiatus and no one knew what it was when it suddenly came back. its too bad that adult swim didn't pick it up in the first place. i doubt the ratings were good after it came back due to the only difference being the va's what was the point of making the dub if they wern't allowed to change anything except on dvd.


    Shippuden and One Piece will never go on Adult Swim. They are not violent or bloody enough.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Rafie26

    Rafie26

    [26]Feb 10, 2009
    • member since: 08/23/08
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 2,176
    DarkHero20 wrote:
    shadowysea07 wrote:
    Adv193 wrote:
    AnimeMadness wrote:
    OneNotTaken wrote:
    AnimeMadness wrote:
    The only dubbing company that is even worthy of respect is FUNimation. They did DBZ, FMA, and Yu Yu Hakusho, which are exceptionally well done dubs. I myself prefer the dub DBZ and YYH to their Japanese counterparts, which is saying a lot since I'm a "sub elitist". Personally, I feel FUNimation would have done a better job with Naruto.

    But yes I agree with OneNotTaken about after watching so many subs you'll eventually even forget you're reading. I also find that if you watch enough subs, you'll eventually pick up on Japanese, albeit slowly. Its gotten to a point where I know Viz's subs aren't accurate because I can understand what the dialouge is actually saying.
    Totally agree, I also prefer uncut DBZ and Yu Yu in English to Japanese. I didn't even realize they were all done by the same company, makes a lot of sense. =p
    Yup, they're done by the same company. If you pay close attention you can tell DBZ and YYH use the same voice actors. Kuwabara and Piccolo are the same person! XD

    I don't really care much for Naruto's VA... I feel Malie's voice is a one-tone pitch. With Junko she's much more dramatic and serious when Naruto is suppose to be. I personally think Malie tries too hard that it's coming out wrong. Junko even made her voice deeper for when Naruto grew older, and from the dubbed clips there are of Shippuden, Malie's voice remained the same.

    Not to mention that Funimation allowed One Piece to be released uncut after 4Kids made an awful dub of that series. Too bad Cartoon Network gave up on it despite gaining better ratings with the Funimation dub. In fact Christopher Sabat who does Piccolo and Kazuma Kuwabara voice also did Alex Louise Armstrong and Ronora Zoro's voice. As for Naruto I think the dub is an accurate translation of the original and no childish puns or plot changes. My only issue with Funimation is that they sometimes make unnecessary plot changes like I know four different plot changes that Funimation did in Yu Yu Hakusho.

    one piece got cancelled because it went on a 2 year hiatus and no one knew what it was when it suddenly came back. its too bad that adult swim didn't pick it up in the first place. i doubt the ratings were good after it came back due to the only difference being the va's what was the point of making the dub if they wern't allowed to change anything except on dvd.


    Shippuden and One Piece will never go on Adult Swim. They are not violent or bloody enough.


    Shippuden isn't violent enough?!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of AnimeMadness

    AnimeMadness

    [27]Feb 10, 2009
    • member since: 09/14/05
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 6,778
    Its not that violent...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pikastatic100

    pikastatic100

    [28]Feb 10, 2009
    • member since: 09/12/08
    • level: 48
    • rank: Conehead
    • posts: 3,152
    AnimeMadness wrote:
    Its not that violent...

    You call Hidan's head chopped off or his body blown to pieces "not that violent"?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of OneNotTaken

    OneNotTaken

    [29]Feb 10, 2009
    • member since: 04/05/06
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 2,316
    The anime is toned down a bit from the manga, but I would say that the major fights so far in the anime... gaara vs. Deidara, Sasori vs. Sakura, Naruto vs. Orochimaru, and then the kakuzu and hidan fights, are all pretty violent, definitely "violent enough" for adult swim. Adult swim's criteria isn't violence, its shows aimed towards a more mature audience. I would say that shippuden is aimed mainly towards boys ages 16-22, which I think fits adult swim perfectly.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of AnimeMadness

    AnimeMadness

    [30]Feb 10, 2009
    • member since: 09/14/05
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 6,778
    pikastatic100 wrote:
    AnimeMadness wrote:
    Its not that violent...

    You call Hidan's head chopped off or his body blown to pieces "not that violent"?


    Nope. At least not so much in the anime. The manga at times can get graphic but I've seen bloodier mangas out there way more violent than Naruto.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Nightmare_Sea

    Nightmare_Sea

    [31]Feb 10, 2009
    • member since: 02/05/09
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 87
    I'd say Shippuden is definitely fitting enough for Adult Swim.

    It's almost on par with Bleach in maturity.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of DarkHero20

    DarkHero20

    [32]Feb 10, 2009
    • member since: 01/14/09
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 165
    Nightmare_Sea wrote:
    I'd say Shippuden is definitely fitting enough for Adult Swim.

    It's almost on par with Bleach in maturity.


    Because everybody knows that Shippuden has puddles of blood throughout the show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Nightmare_Sea

    Nightmare_Sea

    [33]Feb 10, 2009
    • member since: 02/05/09
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 87
    DarkHero20 wrote:
    Nightmare_Sea wrote:
    I'd say Shippuden is definitely fitting enough for Adult Swim.

    It's almost on par with Bleach in maturity.


    Because everybody knows that Shippuden has puddles of blood throughout the show.

    Why I said 'almost.'
    Edited on 02/10/2009 2:08pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of OneNotTaken

    OneNotTaken

    [34]Feb 10, 2009
    • member since: 04/05/06
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 2,316
    Since when does amount of blood and gore directly relate to the level of maturity of the show?

    I think the major plots and themes of a show are what dictates how "mature" it is, and then if a show is intended to be mature, they just add things like blood, and swearing, and sex, because it makes it more realistic, and they're already making a mature show anyways.

    As far as the story lines go, I would say that Naruto Shippuuden could easily be MORE mature than bleach, as it would take an older more mature person to understand the major plot lines and story in the last 100 Shippuuden chapters compared to the last 100 Bleach chapters.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Sonic_Uzumaki

    Sonic_Uzumaki

    [35]Feb 11, 2009
    • member since: 04/16/07
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 74
    yea that is true CN's best show is naruto but even with it its still going down you know? so they should just let it go CN is putting shows like 6teen and the camp one what the heck is that those two shows suck i rather watch CBS or arthur lol.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ultimatekey

    ultimatekey

    [36]Feb 11, 2009
    • member since: 07/11/08
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 2,834
    Total Drama Island, and 6teen don't suck. Naruto is not ONLY best show on CN. There are other good shows like Chowder, Ben 10, Secret Saturdays, Bakugan, Ben 10: Alien Force. If you guys don't like these shows, then thats your opinion, but a lot of people like these shows.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of DarkHero20

    DarkHero20

    [37]Feb 11, 2009
    • member since: 01/14/09
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 165
    ultimatekey wrote:
    Total Drama Island, and 6teen don't suck. Naruto is not ONLY best show on CN. There are other good shows like Chowder, Ben 10, Secret Saturdays, Bakugan, Ben 10: Alien Force. If you guys don't like these shows, then thats your opinion, but a lot of people like these shows.


    Most shows that are on CN suck now. They canceled many good shows for no reason and just left us with crap.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ultimatekey

    ultimatekey

    [38]Feb 11, 2009
    • member since: 07/11/08
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 2,834
    Can't argue with that. They canceled Zatch Bell and One Peice, I wnder if you can watch the rest of the episodes of Zatxh Bell and One Peice online? You use to do that with Zatch Bell and One Peice on Toonami Jetstream, but Toonami Jetstream got shut down. Well at least Naruto is on Cartoon Network Video.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of AnimeMadness

    AnimeMadness

    [39]Feb 11, 2009
    • member since: 09/14/05
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 6,778
    ......... >__> I'm glad they cancelled Zatch Bell....
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.