Naruto Forums

TV Tokyo (ended 2007)

filler questions

DuoMaxwell007

[1]Jun 21, 2008
    • level: 12

supposedly in naruto only 89 episodes after the sasuke naruto fight are filler.. but theres like 85-86 episodes of the series yet after that fight so does that mean the last 5-6 episodes of naruto are indeed not filler?

also naruto shippuden is alreay showing fillers? gawd that series is still new and theyre already to teh point of filler? naruto anime went a shile what 7-8 seasons before getting filler heavy

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

FrozenTundra88

[2]Jun 21, 2008
    • level: 16
    There's 85 filler episodes in Naruto part 1. However, some of those fillers contain canon events such as Sakura going to Tsunade for training, Shikamaru seeing the Sand Siblings off, and Naruto leaving the Village.

As for Shippuden, the filler should end in just two weeks before getting back to the manga.

peineta_love

[3]Jun 21, 2008
    • level: 15
    FrozenTundra88 wrote:
    There's 85 filler episodes in Naruto part 1. However, some of those fillers contain canon events such as Sakura going to Tsunade for training, Shikamaru seeing the Sand Siblings off, and Naruto leaving the Village.

As for Shippuden, the filler should end in just two weeks before getting back to the manga.

is it really two weeks for Shippuden fillers?

FrozenTundra88

[4]Jun 21, 2008
    peineta_love wrote:
    FrozenTundra88 wrote:

Well, this upcoming week has no episode and there's gonna be a one hour special the following week. It looks like it's gonna end there.

Pumpkinhead1870

[5]Jun 21, 2008
    • level: 10
    DuoMaxwell007 wrote:

supposedly in naruto only 89 episodes after the sasuke naruto fight are filler.. but theres like 85-86 episodes of the series yet after that fight so does that mean the last 5-6 episodes of naruto are indeed not filler?

also naruto shippuden is alreay showing fillers? gawd that series is still new and theyre already to teh point of filler? naruto anime went a shile what 7-8 seasons before getting filler heavy

No, the episodes directly following their fight, the ones about the Uchiha clan massacre, are the ones that aren't filler.

I wouldn't call the new Shippuden episodes of Naruto filler, because they are leading up to Hidan and Kakuzu's entrance into the anime series. If you don't read the manga, then you wouldn't know that there is a 'situation' between Kakuzu and Chiriku. I don't want to give too much away, but I kind of had to say that much to point you in the right direction. It's also leading up to the whole thing with Asuma and Hidan. It is important though.

peineta_love

[6]Jun 21, 2008
    • level: 15
    FrozenTundra88 wrote:
    peineta_love wrote:
    FrozenTundra88 wrote:

Well, this upcoming week has no episode and there's gonna be a one hour special the following week. It looks like it's gonna end there.

YAY!

DuoMaxwell007

[7]Jun 21, 2008
    • level: 12
    Pumpkinhead1870 wrote:
    DuoMaxwell007 wrote:

No, the episodes directly following their fight, the ones about the Uchiha clan massacre, are the ones that aren't filler.

I wouldn't call the new Shippuden episodes of Naruto filler, because they are leading up to Hidan and Kakuzu's entrance into the anime series. If you don't read the manga, then you wouldn't know that there is a 'situation' between Kakuzu and Chiriku. I don't want to give too much away, but I kind of had to say that much to point you in the right direction. It's also leading up to the whole thing with Asuma and Hidan. It is important though.

Actually the uchiha family massacre thing wasnt after the naruto sasuke fight.. those episodes took place DURING the fight so i count that as part of teh fight too when i say all teh episodes after it being filler. The main reason i ask about teh fillers are this.. i find it dumb to end a series with filler. i would think the final episode(s) of naruto wouldnt be filler to at least close that series off properly also since someone mentioned th manga... so if everything after sasuke vs. naruto is filler then youre saying th last volume/chapter of the naruto manga is sasuke vs naruto then directly after that comes the shippuden series of books? If not then what happens in the manga after the sasuke vs naruto fight and between th first chapter of what would be episode 1 of shippuden in teh manga. and why werent those events aired in naruto instead of just pure filler for 80 episodes?

Breaker94

[8]Jun 21, 2008
    • level: 24
    FrozenTundra88 wrote:
    peineta_love wrote:
    FrozenTundra88 wrote:

yeah i wanna see tobi owning the three tails

FrozenTundra88

[9]Jun 21, 2008
    DuoMaxwell007 wrote:
    Pumpkinhead1870 wrote:
    DuoMaxwell007 wrote:

Actually the uchiha family massacre thing wasnt after the naruto sasuke fight.. those episodes took place DURING the fight so i count that as part of teh fight too when i say all teh episodes after it being filler. The main reason i ask about teh fillers are this.. i find it dumb to end a series with filler. i would think the final episode(s) of naruto wouldnt be filler to at least close that series off properly also since someone mentioned th manga... so if everything after sasuke vs. naruto is filler then youre saying th last volume/chapter of the naruto manga is sasuke vs naruto then directly after that comes the shippuden series of books? If not then what happens in the manga after the sasuke vs naruto fight and between th first chapter of what would be episode 1 of shippuden in teh manga. and why werent those events aired in naruto instead of just pure filler for 80 episodes?

You must be referring to Kakashi Gaiden. Nobody really knows why it wasn't animated, but there are plenty of future opportunities for that to happen.

Also, the last filler episode did end the series with a manga event.

Breaker94 wrote:
    FrozenTundra88 wrote:
    peineta_love wrote:
    FrozenTundra88 wrote:

yeah i wanna see tobi owning the three tails

That'll be cool.

Pumpkinhead1870

[10]Jun 21, 2008
    • level: 10
    DuoMaxwell007 wrote:
    Pumpkinhead1870 wrote:
    DuoMaxwell007 wrote:

Oh, sorry about that. I got the order mixed up. I haven't watched those episodes in forever. But in the manga, it shows Sasuke gowing to Orochimaru's place and stuff. Then it goes and shows the Kakashi Gaiden chapters (the stuff about Kakashi's past).