Naruto Forums

TV Tokyo (ended 2007)

is tobi really obito ? ( SPOILERS )

  • Avatar of Lando65203

    Lando65203

    [261]Feb 2, 2007
    • member since: 07/19/06
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 967
    Jason_D_3 wrote:
    Tobi is Obito because in his mask there is a hole on da same side where he still has his eye. His name is just twisted around without 1 of the O's. And he has a something wrong with his body or something because like half of it is fake. And it was Orochimaru who revived him so he could get his Sharingan but he only had 1 so he left him alone. And he is da same age as Kakashi. And he has da same hairstyle 2. And da reason he is with da Akatsuki is because he dosent remember anything so dats Y he is a bad guy (For now)

    Okay I'm going to put up a couple of pictures...and then will you explain how somebody could get out of there.
    First up we have Obito with a boulder on half of his body (including this eye that is some how still supposed to work)

    ***SPOILER***
    And here we have an avalanche of boulders falling on what little bit of his body wasn't already crushed by the first boulder

    ***SPOILER***
    So for Tobi to be Obito someone would have had to:
    1. Known that Obito had awakened the sharingan which happened during the mission.
    2. Known where the rock nins had buried him.
    3. Known how to give him a replacement body (I'm sorry but nuts and bolts aren't going to cut it if someone's been buried under half a mountain).
    4. Wanted to go through all the effort of steps 1-3 for a fairly crappy ninja.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Ohjeezelookout

    Ohjeezelookout

    [262]Feb 4, 2007
    • member since: 02/05/07
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 1
    Mask- Eyehole is on the right eye, Tobi's only eye.

    He complains about his missions

    Complains about the Sanbi being water type- Uchiha are Fire types primarily, so he'd be weak.

    In a picture I've seen of Akatsuki, they show Tobi, but you can't see his right arm out of his cloak. Coincidence? I think not

    If Tobi is Obito, he is the other MS user Itachi mentioned when he first showed up

    How Itachi knew about Tobi back then, a waiting period basically. He had to wait until someone died to get it.

    Why spend time on him since he used to be so weak? Simple. After his body regained strength (that I have yet to explaim, gimme a little more digging time) and trained to best Kakashi. A sharingan is the a great way to get into Akatsuki. A MS is even better.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Drunk_Samurai

    Drunk_Samurai

    [263]Feb 4, 2007
    • member since: 12/18/04
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 10,137
    Ohjeezelookout wrote:
    Mask- Eyehole is on the right eye, Tobi's only eye.

    He complains about his missions

    Complains about the Sanbi being water type- Uchiha are Fire types primarily, so he'd be weak.

    In a picture I've seen of Akatsuki, they show Tobi, but you can't see his right arm out of his cloak. Coincidence? I think not

    If Tobi is Obito, he is the other MS user Itachi mentioned when he first showed up

    How Itachi knew about Tobi back then, a waiting period basically. He had to wait until someone died to get it.

    Why spend time on him since he used to be so weak? Simple. After his body regained strength (that I have yet to explaim, gimme a little more digging time) and trained to best Kakashi. A sharingan is the a great way to get into Akatsuki. A MS is even better.


    Tobi does not have the MS if he is Obito. You have to kill your best friend to get it. Last time I checked Kakashi is still alive... Also the other person who had it was more than likely Uchiha Madara.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of hinataforever

    hinataforever

    [264]Feb 5, 2007
    • member since: 11/22/06
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 3,622
    Ohjeezelookout wrote:
    Mask- Eyehole is on the right eye, Tobi's only eye.

    He complains about his missions

    Complains about the Sanbi being water type- Uchiha are Fire types primarily, so he'd be weak.

    In a picture I've seen of Akatsuki, they show Tobi, but you can't see his right arm out of his cloak. Coincidence? I think not

    If Tobi is Obito, he is the other MS user Itachi mentioned when he first showed up

    How Itachi knew about Tobi back then, a waiting period basically. He had to wait until someone died to get it.

    Why spend time on him since he used to be so weak? Simple. After his body regained strength (that I have yet to explaim, gimme a little more digging time) and trained to best Kakashi. A sharingan is the a great way to get into Akatsuki. A MS is even better.
    the other MS user is kakashi. for tobi to have been obito would institute every thing lando and Drunk just said. why would he just turn evil? ok so he had an avalanch fall onto him he might have gotten knocked unconscience and confused but rthe odds of suviving that and then finding someone to bring him back is very large. i thought only kakashi and rin knew where to find him since they were the only three on the mission. I doubt akasuki can do the jutsu required to bring him back. im ot saying that they cant, just that its doubtful. what fun would it be if there where two ppl that could d that very technique. wouldnt be very cool at all.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Drunk_Samurai

    Drunk_Samurai

    [265]Feb 5, 2007
    • member since: 12/18/04
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 10,137
    hinataforever wrote:
    Ohjeezelookout wrote:
    Mask- Eyehole is on the right eye, Tobi's only eye.

    He complains about his missions

    Complains about the Sanbi being water type- Uchiha are Fire types primarily, so he'd be weak.

    In a picture I've seen of Akatsuki, they show Tobi, but you can't see his right arm out of his cloak. Coincidence? I think not

    If Tobi is Obito, he is the other MS user Itachi mentioned when he first showed up

    How Itachi knew about Tobi back then, a waiting period basically. He had to wait until someone died to get it.

    Why spend time on him since he used to be so weak? Simple. After his body regained strength (that I have yet to explaim, gimme a little more digging time) and trained to best Kakashi. A sharingan is the a great way to get into Akatsuki. A MS is even better.
    the other MS user is kakashi. for tobi to have been obito would institute every thing lando and Drunk just said. why would he just turn evil? ok so he had an avalanch fall onto him he might have gotten knocked unconscience and confused but rthe odds of suviving that and then finding someone to bring him back is very large. i thought only kakashi and rin knew where to find him since they were the only three on the mission. I doubt akasuki can do the jutsu required to bring him back. im ot saying that they cant, just that its doubtful. what fun would it be if there where two ppl that could d that very technique. wouldnt be very cool at all.


    No. Its not Kakashi. Itachi mentioned it before Kakashi got his.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of hinataforever

    hinataforever

    [266]Feb 5, 2007
    • member since: 11/22/06
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 3,622
    oh my bad.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of cutekisame

    cutekisame

    [267]Apr 17, 2007
    • member since: 04/17/07
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 52
    ok about the avanche thing....

    obito couda survived from it(barely alive).or sum 1 coulda brought him back just like chiyo did 4 gaara.and i think obito coulda went evil like nuttin.i mean it was no problem for gaara to go from emo killer to emo hero of the sand.plus if he did die and sum1 brought him back he coulda had anmesia.then sum1-evil- coulda raise him to think he was evil.(or i have a big imagination.)
    sum1 just write a fanfic about it!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of The_Plotter

    The_Plotter

    [268]Apr 17, 2007
    • member since: 03/05/07
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 959
    I dont see the connection. If Tobi was obito wouldnt he be taller? He would be in his 20's.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of blindinglight16

    blindinglight16

    [269]Apr 18, 2007
    • member since: 02/22/07
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 2,358
    The main reason i give this rumor a "possible" is because Tobi is Zetsu's servant and Zetsu kinda has that split personality thing and one of the halves seems to be robotic so Zetsu coulda made a robotic half to restore Obito's destroyed body and since he lost like half of his body he could of lost his memories other wise he'd probably never go against Kakashi and his old village
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of GaaraDesert333

    GaaraDesert333

    [270]Apr 18, 2007
    • member since: 02/27/07
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 1,747
    Has anyone got a pic of tobi because i can't remember what he looks like
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Galaxia_Kirby

    Galaxia_Kirby

    [271]Apr 18, 2007
    • member since: 07/09/06
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 1,052

    God this topic is ancient stuff!

    Tobi can't be Obito for a million reasons. The mask theory is bullocks, cos one half of his body was crushed and the other eyes was taken out and given to Kakashi.

    Akatsuki and Orochimaru can't gain anything from reviving Obito! Geez...

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of blindinglight16

    blindinglight16

    [272]Apr 19, 2007
    • member since: 02/22/07
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 2,358

    That's only 2 reasons i need another 999,998 reasons before i take away the possible on this ^__^

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Phoenix-Omega

    Phoenix-Omega

    [273]Apr 19, 2007
    • member since: 03/18/07
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 1,024

    How does Kakashi have MS. One he's not the type to kill his own friends, and two he doesn't have any freinds to kill even if he did want it that badly. Killing your best friend is not the only way to get MS. I'm merely pointing out this fact. I don't think (don't care) if Tobi is Obito or vice versa.

    On top of that if you were a strange person with a different eye to everyone else in your god forsaken family would you tell them you were different so they could discriminate against you. How do we know that the amount of MS users is the amount that Itachi has preveously stated.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Betaflame

    Betaflame

    [274]Apr 19, 2007
    • member since: 08/25/06
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 396
    Lando65203 wrote:
    So for Tobi to be Obito someone would have had to:
    1. Known that Obito had awakened the sharingan which happened during the mission.
    2. Known where the rock nins had buried him.
    3. Known how to give him a replacement body (I'm sorry but nuts and bolts aren't going to cut it if someone's been buried under half a mountain).
    4. Wanted to go through all the effort of steps 1-3 for a fairly crappy ninja.

    Just for arguments sake I'm going to field these.
    1. Most people seem to know how Kakashi got his Sharingan, so it wouldn't be to much of a stretch for one of the Akatsuki to have found out.
    2. This one would be the most difficult to figure out, but the hole filled with rocks would probably be a good place to start looking.
    3. Most of the Akatsuki have immortality style'd forbidden jutsu, it wouldn't be to much of a stretch for ONE of them to know something to bring him back to life or mostly heal him if he didnt die. (orochimaru comes to mind for this one, but Zetsu wouldnt surprise me either). Also, You dont think bolts and metal would work? well then how do you explain the resurrected 1st and 2nd hokages... They were made from ASH, metal seems more plausible to me than ash.
    4. well assuming Orochimaru was the resurrector this isnt to hard to imagine. Even if it was Zetsu, the Uchiha are the most feared of all clans in Konoha (according to Sasuke). That would be reason enough to go threw the first 3 steps. If thats not a good enough reason; His body was probably sought after by many konoha enemies to learn the secrets hidden in his body (Sharingan).

    Now all of those are making the Assumption that Tobi died in the avilanche. We were never told that, and we never saw his dead body. For all we know he did survive, was nocked unconcious by a big rock. And being the resourcful ninja figured out a way to crawl out from under the rocks.

    Now, I don't personally believe any of that, but it is impossible to prove or disprove the Tobi=Obito theory until the mask comes off or someone talks about Tobi's body being burried at a funeral. I personally think Obito=Rin, who only uses one eye and acts like a punk with the same hairstyle as Tobi as a way of honoring his memory
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of windseeker15

    windseeker15

    [275]Apr 19, 2007
    • member since: 01/08/06
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 1,122
    Galaxia_Kirby wrote:

    God this topic is ancient stuff!

    Tobi can't be Obito for a million reasons. The mask theory is bullocks, cos one half of his body was crushed and the other eyes was taken out and given to Kakashi.

    Akatsuki and Orochimaru can't gain anything from reviving Obito! Geez...



    Better post some of the other million reasons, cos I've seen arguments against both of those. Some wierd jutsu could have repaired part of his body or he may have artificial limbs on the crushed side.
    Only one of his eyes was removed and given to Kakashi. The other eye may not have been crushed, since the eye sockets are basically holes in your skull.

    One thing that irritates me is people who bring up this point: "Why would Obito turn on hs friends?" well duh because if this theory is right he's clearly lost his memories.

    I know there's no solid evidence to prove the theory, but no solid evidence to disprove it either.

    Its Kishimoto's story and he's the one who decides these things. I don't know what to really think about it, but if it is the case I'll really be looking foward to Kakashi's reaction.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MalignantManor

    MalignantManor

    [276]Apr 19, 2007
    • member since: 11/27/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 1,170

    I have found (altered) the manga that proves that Tobi is really Obito. I find that it is really amazing that he managed to stay alive after having rocks that add up to several tons cover his entire body. I would have thought that even if he managed to survive, that he would bleed to death if the rocks were removed. This is a true testament to the power of Akatsuki that they would use their humble power to restore to full functionality someone that the stumbled upon completely buried by debris. They have a heart of gold to restore a weak ninja when surely it would have been easier to gain a better ally by using other methods.

     

    Read Deidara's comment first when you get to the bottom left panel. Then read Zetsu's first part, then Tobi's speech, and finally the rest of Zetsu's comment. 

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Galaxia_Kirby

    Galaxia_Kirby

    [277]Apr 19, 2007
    • member since: 07/09/06
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 1,052
    MalignantManor wrote:

    I have found (altered) the manga that proves that Tobi is really Obito. I find that it is really amazing that he managed to stay alive after having rocks that add up to several tons cover his entire body. I would have thought that even if he managed to survive, that he would bleed to death if the rocks were removed. This is a true testament to the power of Akatsuki that they would use their humble power to restore to full functionality someone that the stumbled upon completely buried by debris. They have a heart of gold to restore a weak ninja when surely it would have been easier to gain a better ally by using other methods.

     

    Read Deidara's comment first when you get to the bottom left panel. Then read Zetsu's first part, then Tobi's speech, and finally the rest of Zetsu's comment.

     NICE! LOL that's awesome.

    I have my opinion, you have yours and the million reasons was a figure of speech. There can't be even 50 reasons either side. Maybe...

    If you're right, that's cool, if I'm right, that's cool.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Ace_o_Diamonds

    Ace_o_Diamonds

    [278]Apr 20, 2007
    • member since: 12/23/06
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 5,209
    Galaxia_Kirby wrote:
    MalignantManor wrote:

    I have found (altered) the manga that proves that Tobi is really Obito. I find that it is really amazing that he managed to stay alive after having rocks that add up to several tons cover his entire body. I would have thought that even if he managed to survive, that he would bleed to death if the rocks were removed. This is a true testament to the power of Akatsuki that they would use their humble power to restore to full functionality someone that the stumbled upon completely buried by debris. They have a heart of gold to restore a weak ninja when surely it would have been easier to gain a better ally by using other methods.

     

    Read Deidara's comment first when you get to the bottom left panel. Then read Zetsu's first part, then Tobi's speech, and finally the rest of Zetsu's comment.

     NICE! LOL that's awesome.

    I have my opinion, you have yours and the million reasons was a figure of speech. There can't be even 50 reasons either side. Maybe...

    If you're right, that's cool, if I'm right, that's cool.

    Reading through the old pages of this thread, that diaz89 character will be very embarrassed if Tobi isn't Obito...
    Edited on 04/19/2007 11:33pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MalignantManor

    MalignantManor

    [279]Apr 20, 2007
    • member since: 11/27/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 1,170
    Galaxia_Kirby wrote:
    MalignantManor wrote:

    I have found (altered) the manga that proves that Tobi is really Obito. I find that it is really amazing that he managed to stay alive after having rocks that add up to several tons cover his entire body. I would have thought that even if he managed to survive, that he would bleed to death if the rocks were removed. This is a true testament to the power of Akatsuki that they would use their humble power to restore to full functionality someone that the stumbled upon completely buried by debris. They have a heart of gold to restore a weak ninja when surely it would have been easier to gain a better ally by using other methods.

    Read Deidara's comment first when you get to the bottom left panel. Then read Zetsu's first part, then Tobi's speech, and finally the rest of Zetsu's comment.

    NICE! LOL that's awesome.

    I have my opinion, you have yours and the million reasons was a figure of speech. There can't be even 50 reasons either side. Maybe...

    If you're right, that's cool, if I'm right, that's cool.



    It is satirical. I don't think Tobi is Obito. At least I hope Kishimoto wouldn't do something that stupid.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Dumbass_Gamer

    Dumbass_Gamer

    [280]Apr 20, 2007
    • member since: 07/16/06
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 32

     I totally agree with what Ace_o_Diamonds said.

    And I am shocked, saddened and appauled that some person resurrected this thread. I think that Tobi is not Obito, Obito is a new person because Obito's and body is CRUSHED. Some might say 'oh, but where's the proof?', well where's your damn proof that he isn't crushed? Where's your proof that he can survive under those rocks? Where's your proof that he has lost his memory? If you say that the rocks hit it head and he got amnesia please use the same time of logic and realise the fact that his body, especially his eye would be crushed! And if you say Akatsuki erased his memory- don't. There is no 'proof' to that either! Not to mention the fact that that's silly and I doubt that Akatsuki would be interested in him. + All the other decent reasons that people put on here.

    If Kishimoto did something crap and predictable as this often, I doubt that Naruto would be so popular.

    Edited on 04/20/2007 12:31am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.