Naruto Forums

TV Tokyo (ended 2007)

is tobi really obito ? ( SPOILERS )

Darkknight313

[441]Nov 25, 2007
    • level: 28
    fluffman4 wrote:
    cartoonsrdbest wrote:

i think 1 of them definately could be Obito, this could be y they haven't changed those chapters into anime yet cause they're waiting for it to fit in

i mean those chapters could be flashbacks of kakasi (cant spell) when he sees him again

The animators know absolutely nothing as to what is going to come up in the manga. Kishimoto's family may not even know. It's a very secretive art. Did you know how pysched people were for Shippuuden, I think Gaiden would've slowed that down. They put that bit with Sasuke as an appeaser, they'll get to Gaiden at some other time, probably after a major arc is my guess.
    I think the reason why they haven't made shippuden yet is because there waiting to see if Tobi is really Obito so that they can have the same voice actor.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

fluffman4

[442]Nov 25, 2007
    • level: 19
    Darkknight313 wrote:
    fluffman4 wrote:
    cartoonsrdbest wrote:

i think 1 of them definately could be Obito, this could be y they haven't changed those chapters into anime yet cause they're waiting for it to fit in

i mean those chapters could be flashbacks of kakasi (cant spell) when he sees him again

The animators know absolutely nothing as to what is going to come up in the manga. Kishimoto's family may not even know. It's a very secretive art. Did you know how pysched people were for Shippuuden, I think Gaiden would've slowed that down. They put that bit with Sasuke as an appeaser, they'll get to Gaiden at some other time, probably after a major arc is my guess.
    I think the reason why they haven't made shippuden yet is because there waiting to see if Tobi is really Obito so that they can have the same voice actor.

Hehe. You never cease to amuse me. And that's not in the good sense of the word. Kishimoto has confirmed it that Madara equals Tobi. Simple as that. You=wrong, Kishimoto=right. Canon > Fanfiction.

Darkknight313

[443]Nov 25, 2007
    fluffman4 wrote:
    Darkknight313 wrote:
    fluffman4 wrote:
    cartoonsrdbest wrote:

Hehe. You never cease to amuse me. And that's not in the good sense of the word. Kishimoto has confirmed it that Madara equals Tobi. Simple as that. You=wrong, Kishimoto=right. Canon > Fanfiction.
    I didn't say Tobi was Obito I said a reason why they might have not kakashi gaiden into a anime.

windseeker15

[444]Nov 25, 2007
    • level: 9
    try this:

tobitobitobitobi

SharkSushiGirl

[445]Nov 25, 2007
    • level: 17
    O.B.I.T.O = T.O.B.I

Darkknight313

[446]Nov 25, 2007
    windseeker15 wrote:
    try this:

tobitobitobitobi
    You mean Obito be Tobi I still don't believe there the same person, though I think it is possible.

Drunk_Samurai

[447]Nov 25, 2007
    • level: 15
    windseeker15 wrote:
    try this:

tobitobitobitobi

That is seriously the worst argument for Tobi being Obito.

megabballx

[448]Nov 25, 2007
    • level: 9
    Zetsu: So kid what's your name?
    Obi...Obi...Obi...to...TOBI!!!

Ultimate_Lee

[449]Nov 25, 2007
    • level: 4
    megabballx wrote:
    Zetsu: So kid what's your name?
    Obi...Obi...Obi...to...TOBI!!!
    No his name is obi-wan.

AnimeMadness

[450]Nov 26, 2007
    • level: 22

Has it ever occurred to anyone that the Kakashi Gaiden arc has an important significance besides friendship being the moral to the story and the origin of Kakashi's Sharingan? In manga everything has to be incorporated some way into the plot and have a point. Very rarely you'll ever get a filler that's pointless. And sure Kishimoto may be that one mangaka who's done something different by creating a filler that really has no role to the plot, but I seriously doubt that because even he has to follow the guidelines. His editor wouldn't allow it. Manga fillers just don't happen.

Kishimoto needed to introduce Obito in order for the readers to know who he is because he will have a larger role in Shippuden sooner or later. That's the real reason for the Kakashi Gaiden arc. You may say the true purpose was to only introduce Obito to show how much he impacted Kakashi, but that's your opinion. Kakashi could have easily explained where he got his Sharingan from instead of going into an elaborate story taking place years before the current timeline. Why did Kishimoto choose to create an arc specifically for this detail just to past the time until the Shippuden manga started? He easily could have done something else.

Now there is this Tobi factor to consider. The similarities are uncanny.

Tobi and Obito's hair is somewhat of a proof to show they're the same person, but then again it's not solid evidence since spiky hair is one of the more common hairst*le inn the manga.

Then there are their personalities. They both seem to have similar ones like being carefree and slightly cowardice.

What about their names? T-O-B-I? O-B-I-T-O? Looks like an anagram...

What about Tobi's mask? Sure, any random person can wear a mask, but a mask with only one eye hole? That's unlikely, especially if the eye hole just so randomly happens to be the hole for the eye Obito still would have had. Coincidence much? It's also unlikely that the eye Tobi has hidden is still there because it is rather stupid to have a mask with only one hole if you have two perfectly good eyes.

If that doesn't convince you guys, then what about the little fact that Tobi has a SHARINGAN. If that doesn't set off any bells then I don't know what else to say other then there's seriously a large case of denial running around because no one wants to admit they may be wrong. If you think Tobi is some random Uchiha then Itachireally did a poor job with the extermination of his clan if a ninja of his caliber missed one person unintentionally. If you think Tobi is Madarain disguise solely because of the famous line in the manga where he says "My power... Uchiha Madara's power.", then I hate to break it to you but the Sharingan is technically Madara's true power since he did create it. Madara is dead. Although there is the possibility that Madara is possessing Obito's body. In my opinion, that's the most likely scenario.

But hey, I could be wrong. Kishimoto could be mind f**king us all with these planted details and come up with something really twisted and unexpected as the outcome to the Tobi enigma. Tobi could really not be Obito.But I don't see any solid evidence to prove otherwise. And don't say that Obito died is proof because Obito was still alive when Kakashi and Rin left him, and they never mention recovering the body. Plus people have a bad habit of never staying dead the first time in the Naruto world... There's just too many coincidences here to not be ignored just like how it was a HUGE coincidence the Yondaime Hokage "randomly" happened to look like Naruto.

If I'm wrong, I'll announce it for the entire world to see in big bold letters and italics AND say SasuNaru has no chance of ever happening... It means that much... but Sasuke's still gay

Edited on 11/26/2007 1:23pm

Drunk_Samurai

[452]Nov 26, 2007
    • level: 15
    AnimeMadness wrote:

Has it ever occurred to anyone that the Kakashi Gaiden arc has an important significance besides friendship being the moral to the story and the origin of Kakashi's Sharingan? In manga everything has to be incorporated some way into the plot and have a point. Very rarely you'll ever get a filler that's pointless. And sure Kishimoto may be that one mangaka who's done something different by creating a filler that really has no role to the plot, but I seriously doubt that because even he has to follow the guidelines. His editor wouldn't allow it. Manga fillers just don't happen.

Kishimoto needed to introduce Obito in order for the readers to know who he is because he will have a larger role in Shippuden sooner or later. That's the real reason for the Kakashi Gaiden arc. You may say the true purpose was to only introduce Obito to show how much he impacted Kakashi, but that's your opinion. Kakashi could have easily explained where he got his Sharingan from instead of going into an elaborate story taking place years before the current timeline. Why did Kishimoto choose to create an arc specifically for this detail just to past the time until the Shippuden manga started? He easily could have done something else.

Tobi and Obito's hair is somewhat of a proof to show they're the same person, but then again it's not solid evidence since spiky hair is one of the more common hairst*le inn the manga.

Then there are their personalities. They both seem to have similar ones like being carefree and slightly cowardice.

What about Tobi's mask? Sure, any random person can wear a mask, but a mask with only one eye hole? That's unlikely, especially if the eye hole just so randomly happens to be the hole for the eye Obito still would have had. Coincidence much? It's also unlikely that the eye Tobi has hidden is still there because it is rather stupid to have a mask with only one hole if you have two perfectly good eyes.

If that doesn't convince you guys, then what about the little fact that Tobi has a SHARINGAN. If that doesn't set off any bells then I don't know what else to say other then there's seriously a large case of denial running around because no one wants to admit they may be wrong. If you think Tobi is some random Uchiha then Itachireally did a poor job with the extermination of his clan if a ninja of his caliber missed one person unintentionally. If you think Tobi is Madarain disguise solely because of the famous line in the manga where he says "My power... Uchiha Madara's power.", then I hate to break it to you but the Sharingan is technically Madara's true power since he did create it. Madara is dead. Although there is the possibility that Madara is possessing Obito's body. In my opinion, that's the most likely scenario.

But hey, I could be wrong. Kishimoto could be mind f**king us all with these planted details and come up with something really twisted and unexpected as the outcome to the Tobi enigma. Tobi could really not be Obito.But I don't see any solid evidence to prove otherwise. And don't say that Obito died is proof because Obito was still alive when Kakashi and Rin left him, and they never mention recovering the body. Plus people have a bad habit of never staying dead the first time in the Naruto world... There's just too many coincidences here to not be ignored just like how it was a HUGE coincidence the Yondaime Hokage "randomly" happened to look like Naruto.

If I'm wrong, I'll announce it for the entire world to see in big bold letters and italics AND say SasuNaru has no chance of ever happening... It means that much... but Sasuke's still gay

1) Obviously there is no such thing as filler in manga because regardless if it has no point to the plot its not filler. Only anime have fillers

2) The Tobi = Obito because of their names is the WORST argument supporting it. 3) Read what Daidoji_Tangen has been saying in the manga thread about Madara.

fluffman4

[453]Nov 26, 2007
    Drunk_Samurai wrote:
    AnimeMadness wrote:

1) Obviously there is no such thing as filler in manga because regardless if it has no point to the plot its not filler. Only anime have fillers

2) The Tobi = Obito because of their names is the WORST argument supporting it. 3) Read what Daidoji_Tangen has been saying in the manga thread about Madara.

Prove that Madara's dead. I have no doubt he could've survived a fight against Shodai. Sasuke survived an explosion that covered 10km with barely any chakra left. There are ways of surpassing mortality's limits in this series. And the Anagram theory... Kishimoto is not a 13 year old fanboy with wild fantasies, he's a distinguished writer. He's been known to trick his reader, and besides Japanese is different from English, the names probably haven't that same correspondance. Like Drunk Samurai said, if you're going to use that little amount of evidence, it just exposes the weakness of your argument. Yondaime being Naruto's father had foreshadowing in so many spots. Naruto being an orphan, aiming to become Hokage, having people see the Fourth in Naruto. This point makes zero sense, why would a person who sacrificed themselves for their dear friends, who believed with their entire heart that friendship was greater than any mission, go evil? Obito would return rather than go against Konoha. And if he was resurrected, don't you think he would be a lower rank rather than the one pulling the strings? Your theory has more holes in it than swiss cheese.

springBOOB

[454]Nov 26, 2007
    • level: 11

Maybe Tobi and Obito can do the fusion dance and become...

Wait...

Here It Comes...

TOBITO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GaaraOfTheFunk5

[455]Nov 26, 2007
    • level: 16
    springBOOB wrote:

Wait...

Here It Comes...

TOBITO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, just no.

cartoonsrdbest

[456]Nov 26, 2007
    • level: 22
    GaaraOfTheFunk5 wrote:
    springBOOB wrote:

Wait...

Here It Comes...

TOBITO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, just no.

............i agree.............when will these weird ideas end..............

fluffman4

[457]Nov 26, 2007
    cartoonsrdbest wrote:
    GaaraOfTheFunk5 wrote:
    springBOOB wrote:

Wait...

Here It Comes...

TOBITO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, just no.

............i agree.............when will these weird ideas end..............

What, Naruto and Sasuke can't fuse now? We don't get to see the hyperactive emo? Disappointing....

springBOOB

[458]Nov 26, 2007
    I'm sick and tried of hearing that Sasuke is emo. SASUKE IS NOT EMO!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Edited on 11/26/2007 2:29pm

springBOOB

[459]Nov 26, 2007
    And by the way... Eveyone in this website has a crazy idea, not just me.

GaaraOfTheFunk5

[460]Nov 26, 2007
    • level: 16
    springBOOB wrote:
    And by the way... Eveyone in this website has a crazy idea, not just me.
    NaruTsu will conquer all!!!!