Naruto Forums

TV Tokyo (ended 2007)

is tobi really obito ? ( SPOILERS )

diaz89

[141]Aug 15, 2006
    • level: 2
    i never tried to force you but ok
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

anubis145

[142]Aug 15, 2006
    • level: 9
    The only reason I consider it possible is Itachi. "Three people can use these eyes You are one." Obviously, Itachi is another. Who is the third? Nobody knows. BUT WAIT Didn't Kakashi use a Magekyo-ish thing before? Who's eye did Kakashi have? Obito's!!! A character with such potential is not the type you throw out in a memory arc.

Fallout_Girl

[143]Aug 15, 2006
    • level: 18
    :
    cuz he has the sharingan, evrey one knows with propor training a person with a sharingan can be a good ninja

He's missing one eye, and the other was crushed, so he wouldn't actually have a Sharingan. In fact, I doubt he would be able to walk, considering that most of his body was crushed by a large rock. Also, Tobi is way weirder than Obito, with the whole "Tobi is a good boy" thing...

diaz89

[144]Aug 15, 2006
    Fallout_Girl wrote:
    :
    cuz he has the sharingan, evrey one knows with propor training a person with a sharingan can be a good ninja
    He's missing one eye, and the other was crushed, so he wouldn't actually have a Sharingan. In fact, I doubt he would be able to walk, considering that most of his body was crushed by a large rock. Also, Tobi is way weirder than Obito, with the whole "Tobi is a good boy" thing...
    you dont know if his sharingan was destroyed it couldve been damaged and Tobi acts almost exactly like obito and wat do you meen bout the tobi is a good boy thing??

Fallout_Girl

[145]Aug 15, 2006
    Well, one eye doesn't have a Sharingan because he gave it to Kakashi. I doubt the other side would have it, because Obito himself said dthat his entire body was crushed. How does Tobi act anything like Obito? And Tobi says "Tobi is a good boy."

Also, why would Obito want to join Akatsuki, even if he was alive? He never had anything against Konoha, you'd think he'd return there to see his old friend Kakashi. Finally, even if he didn't die, how could he have gotten out from under a pile of boulders when half his body was crushed?

diaz89

[146]Aug 15, 2006
    just read the forum and than u will understand about the possibility that akatsuki recoverd his body cuz it would take forver to convince u ,u should read the whole forum and than come bak and give me ur opinion

Fallout_Girl

[147]Aug 15, 2006
    I'm aware that Akatsuki could retrieve Obito, but why would they want to? Why would they bother digging through tons of boulders to retrieve a dead, one-eyed 13 year old?

diaz89

[148]Aug 15, 2006
    Fallout_Girl wrote:
    I'm aware that Akatsuki could retrieve Obito, but why would they want to? Why would they bother digging through tons of boulders to retrieve a dead, one-eyed 13 year old?
    one word SHARINGAN

fluffman4

[149]Aug 15, 2006
    • level: 19
    diaz89 wrote:
    Fallout_Girl wrote:
    one word SHARINGAN

They have itachi, who's got the MANGEKYOU SHARINGAN, and besides akatsuki probably wasn't even created when he died, and there were plenty of sharingan users at the time of obito's death. By the time akatsuki was assembled obito's remains would've been rotten and decayed beyond repair, and if they wanted somebody with a sharingan, orochimaru could've revived one of the stronger uchiha members.

diaz89

[150]Aug 15, 2006
    akatsuki was probably made and yea some body from another village is just gonna come to the leaf village and take an uchiha member and they didnt have itachi back than cuz itachi wouldve been to young

Fallout_Girl

[151]Aug 15, 2006
    A bunch of words: Both of Obito's eyes are no longer functional!

Fallout_Girl

[152]Aug 15, 2006
    diaz89 wrote:
    akatsuki was probably made and yea some body from another village is just gonna come to the leaf village and take an uchiha member and they didnt have itachi back than cuz itachi wouldve been to young

That doesn't mean they would look under some random rocks just to see if there might be the remains of someone who might have the Sharingan. It makes no sense.

diaz89

[153]Aug 15, 2006
    if u read the whole forum u will be convince that obito is tobi

Fallout_Girl

[154]Aug 15, 2006
    I've already read the entire thread. Not convinced. So you have some tidbits that could suggest that it's possible for Tobi to be Obito. No solid evidence, though. Have you even read the manga about it? I'm sure you'll be convinced Obito's dead if you do.
    Edited on 08/15/2006 1:03pm
    Edited 2 total times.

FreakishChild

[155]Aug 15, 2006
    • level: 15

I've read the manga and yes I find myself convinced. I'd be more shocked if Tobi wasn't Obito. But I'm also prepared to be kicking myself upon the unmasking. It's be Kisame all over again. Believe what you want until the moment of truth arrives.

Fallout_Girl

[156]Aug 15, 2006
    WHy are you so convinced, what's your theory?

diaz89

[157]Aug 15, 2006
    well thay have never shown any proof of obito being dead and if u havent noticed evretime some1 dies they have afuneral  or if thay have been dead for a while, they will show proof  like the first 2 hokages have been confirmed to be dead cuz  orochimaru resurected them, zabuza, haku, old lady, think her name is chiyo,3rd hokage and about evrey dead person has had proof of them being dead. I think the kakashi gaiden arc is more than just a history lesson. I think its a clever way for kishimoto to introduce obito and how he use to be and what type of friend he was to kakashi and in the manga obito seemed to be very important and to me it felt like kakashi gaiden was more focused on obito instead of being focused on kakashi, y would kishi focus on obito????ppl r saying obito is dead but if u havent noticed that the last picture in the manga of obito he was shown to be alive, thay have never shown him dead, wouldnt kishi show him dead and y wouldnt kakashi find him as you see in the last part ,u see kakashi looking down and sad as he didnt find obitos body wich i dont think he did cuz they wouldve shown obitos dead body.Y would kishi not let kakashi find the body???? Obito seems to be very important. Tobi comes along and has a mask with one whole for his right can see since he gave his left to kakashi. he wears a mask and you never get to see tobi's eye. y cant u see tobis eye??? he has the same hair style and acts exactly the same. tobi and obito is basiclay the same name except that an O is missing from tobis name. kishi said he was influnced by dragonball z and its like buu to uub as obito to tobi. his mask have patterns on it that direct you to his eye. the first time I saw tobi I thuaght he had sime kind of special eye so those patterns must be cuz he has a sharingan. They have been showing alot of Tobi, if he is just a minor character  y show him so much??? there have been alot of fans saying tobi is obito, than kishi makes a statement saying Tobi is just a character to add some fun to aktsuki, y make a satement about tobi if he just is a minor character???? Tobi and Obito have so many things incommon, there no character that can possibly have so many thing incommon and not have anything to do with eachother. I think if there was anymore proof of tobi and obito being the same person, than it would be kind of obvious. as for the dumb questions like, y change his name and y recover his body.. dont know but kishi could defintley work that in to the story and if I knew y they did those thngs id wouldnt be theory

FreakishChild

[158]Aug 15, 2006
    • level: 15

Fallout_Girl wrote:
    WHy are you so convinced, what's your theory?

Because I am, that's me, and why do you care whether I believe or not?

Fallout_Girl

[159]Aug 15, 2006
    I just wondered, because I haven't really heard many convincing theories.

Fallout_Girl

[160]Aug 15, 2006
    Let me apologize, diaz, because I'm going to edit your grammar. No offense, but if I'm going to read that much, I'd like it to be a little easier to read.
    diaz89 wrote:
    Well they have never shown any proof of Obito being dead and if you haven't noticed, everytime someone dies they have a funeral or if thay have been dead for a while, they will show proof like the first 2 hokages. They have been confirmed to be dead because Orochimaru ressurected them, Zabuza, Haku, Chiyo, the 3rd Hokage and about every dead person has had proof of them being dead. I think the Kakashi gaiden arc is more than just a history lesson. I think it's a clever way for Kishimoto to introduce Obito and how he used to be and what type of friend he was to Kakashi. In the manga Obito seemed to be very important and to me it felt like Kakashi gaiden was more focused on Obito instead of being focused on Kakashi, why would Kishi focus on Obito? People are saying Obito is dead but if you haven't noticed that the last picture in the manga of Obito he was shown to be alive. They have never shown him dead, wouldn't Kishi show him dead and why wouldn't Kakashi find him as you see in the last part ,u see kakashi looking down and sad as he didnt find obitos body wich i dont think he did cuz they wouldve shown obitos dead body.Y would kishi not let kakashi find the body???? Obito seems to be very important. Tobi comes along and has a mask with one whole for his right can see since he gave his left to kakashi. he wears a mask and you never get to see tobi's eye. y cant u see tobis eye??? he has the same hair style and acts exactly the same. tobi and obito is basiclay the same name except that an O is missing from tobis name. kishi said he was influnced by dragonball z and its like buu to uub as obito to tobi. his mask have patterns on it that direct you to his eye. the first time I saw tobi I thuaght he had sime kind of special eye so those patterns must be cuz he has a sharingan. They have been showing alot of Tobi, if he is just a minor character  y show him so much??? there have been alot of fans saying tobi is obito, than kishi makes a statement saying Tobi is just a character to add some fun to aktsuki, y make a satement about tobi if he just is a minor character???? Tobi and Obito have so many things incommon, there no character that can possibly have so many thing incommon and not have anything to do with eachother. I think if there was anymore proof of tobi and obito being the same person, than it would be kind of obvious. as for the dumb questions like, y change his name and y recover his body.. dont know but kishi could defintley work that in to the story and if I knew y they did those things I'd wouldn't be theorizing.

Ok. These are all very interesting speculations, but they aren't based on any solid evidence.

The last picture of Obito is him, crushed under rocks with only part of his face showing, and his eyes closed. I think that can be assumed as pretty dead, because after his face is showed, tons of other rocks fall down, completely covering everything. Also, they did hold a funeral for Obito.

Also, the Kakashi Gaiden did seem focused on Obito, but it was more focused on their friendship. After all, the Idate filler arc seemed to be very focused on Idate, but that doesn't mean there's going to be any storyline concerning him.

Name's don't particularly matter. Akamaru and Shikamaru both have "kamaru" in them, that doesn't mean they're the same person. Also, they haven't been showing much of Tobi; he's made 1 appearance total, and it was only for a few pages in chapter 280.

Finally, Obito's right eye was crushed under the rock, but Tobi's single eye hole is on the right side.