Naruto Forums

TV Tokyo (ended 2007)

is tobi really obito ? ( SPOILERS )

  • Avatar of diaz89

    diaz89

    [181]Aug 15, 2006
    • member since: 06/08/06
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 816
    ok
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Galaxia_Kirby

    Galaxia_Kirby

    [182]Aug 15, 2006
    • member since: 07/09/06
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 1,052
    I'm still interested in less-hostile arguments about the truth to Tobi! Anyone else got anything?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of X-626

    X-626

    [183]Aug 15, 2006
    • member since: 04/24/05
    • level: 51
    • rank: I Broke TV.com (Shatterdaymorn)
    • posts: 4,776
    diaz89: What really annoys me is not the fact that you're persistant, but the fact that you say things like "I hope you don't feel to hard on yourself when Kishimoto finally reveals Tobi to be Obito". For the love all things, please stop doing this. You're saying things are facts when they have yet to be proven to be one. It's like saying, "I hope you don't feel bad when somebody hits you in the head". You're infering something is going to happen no matter what. Just out of complete curiosity, what will you do if Tobi doesn't turn out to be Obito? Please, tell me! I really want to know what you're going to do if that happens to be the case. You see, though I don't think he is Obito, I'm not going around stating it as fact. Therefore, if I'm wrong, I can just say "Oh well...". You, on the other hand, have stated that it will happen for sure. So, if you turn out to be wrong, it will be a lot more difficult on you. So, tell me what you'll do?
    Edited on 08/15/2006 9:40pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of PuckTheJoker

    PuckTheJoker

    [184]Aug 16, 2006
    • member since: 09/23/05
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 241
    Diaz: You are asking everyone for PROOF that Tobi isn't Obito, so where is your PROOF that he is? I'm talking solid evidence, not similarities.

    "They have the same hair style": Lee has the same hair style as Gai, does that mean they are father and son? No, all it means is that Lee idolizes Gai and tries to be like him (uniform included). If you really want to compare hair, Obito and Naruto have similar hair styles as well. Does that mean that somehow Obito and Naruto are related? If you haven't noticed, spiky hair is a popular trend over in Japan, atleast in the manga/anime industry.

    "We didn't see a dead body": This point is useless. When Sandaime died after using the Sealing Jutsu, we saw him die, but there was no body at the funeral, only pictures of Sandaime and other ninja who had died during the invasion. Since we didn't see the body at the funeral, does that mean that there is the possibility that Sandaime is still alive? We never saw a bunch of dead ninja bodies following the Kyuubi attack, so does that mean that all the people who died, including Iruka's parents, could still be alive somewhere just hiding out?

    "his eyes were open": Do you even read the manga? I'm looking at Chapter 244 Pages 9 & 10 and while the rocks are falling on him and after they've fallen on him, his left eyelid is closed. So please point out to everyone exactly where you see his eyes open as the final set of rocks was crushing him.

    You keep asking people to prove you wrong, maybe it's time to start proving to people that you are right.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Galaxia_Kirby

    Galaxia_Kirby

    [185]Aug 16, 2006
    • member since: 07/09/06
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 1,052
    PuckTheJoker wrote:
    Diaz: You are asking everyone for PROOF that Tobi isn't Obito, so where is your PROOF that he is? I'm talking solid evidence, not similarities.

    "They have the same hair style": Lee has the same hair style as Gai, does that mean they are father and son? No, all it means is that Lee idolizes Gai and tries to be like him (uniform included). If you really want to compare hair, Obito and Naruto have similar hair styles as well. Does that mean that somehow Obito and Naruto are related? If you haven't noticed, spiky hair is a popular trend over in Japan, atleast in the manga/anime industry.

    "We didn't see a dead body": This point is useless. When Sandaime died after using the Sealing Jutsu, we saw him die, but there was no body at the funeral, only pictures of Sandaime and other ninja who had died during the invasion. Since we didn't see the body at the funeral, does that mean that there is the possibility that Sandaime is still alive? We never saw a bunch of dead ninja bodies following the Kyuubi attack, so does that mean that all the people who died, including Iruka's parents, could still be alive somewhere just hiding out?

    "his eyes were open": Do you even read the manga? I'm looking at Chapter 244 Pages 9 & 10 and while the rocks are falling on him and after they've fallen on him, his left eyelid is closed. So please point out to everyone exactly where you see his eyes open as the final set of rocks was crushing him.

    You keep asking people to prove you wrong, maybe it's time to start proving to people that you are right.


    Well said. I agree totally. When you think about it, there isn't much evidence to prove that Tobi is Obito and that Tobi isn't Obito....

    But still, I will (stubbornly) stick to my ideal that Tobi is Tobi and Obito is Obito.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of AnimeNikkaJamal

    AnimeNikkaJamal

    [186]Aug 16, 2006
    • member since: 07/19/05
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 1,198
    I'm not backing up Diaz, but here's a possibilty:

    Only someone with Uchiha blood could obtain the Kaleidoscope, at least that's what some used to believe. What is Obito's eyes correspond with each other. What if Kakashi's Sharigan becomes stronger along with Obito's? Kakashi's eye was only at level 2 when he first got it. What if Orochimaru, with his hunger for the Sharingan's remains, attempted to salvage Obito's remains for the Sharigan. No one would know, as Obito's expected dead, and Orochimaru is an expert at the forbidden arts. However, the body is so severly damaged that Orochimaru cannot put it back in sutable condition. It's thrown to the side along with his other failed experiments. Of course, he later meets his parter Sasori, and Sasori builds a new puppet body out of Obito's old body to house the Sharingan. This puppet is named "Tobi". However, unlike Sasori's other puppets, this puppet has emotions of it's own, stemming from this Sharingan's connection to Kakashi's. However, it is still a puppet, and only after a special from of Edo Tensei is used (in which Tobi had screws and pins place into his joints) can it move and think on it's own. Once Tobi was totally independent, Orochimaru had him become stronger. However, as part of the deal, Tobi was Sasori's agent and therefore, under his orders. His job was to designate other Akatsuki agent to be sacrificed for the leader's techniques. As these agents were the closest people to him, he obtained the Kaleidoscope, and by proxy, Kakashi's eye did as well. When Orochimaru finally decided it was time to switch into Tobi's body, Sasori forbade him to, both bacause he feared Orochimaru would become too powerful, and he didn't want Orochimaru to foul his masterpiece.

    Although it's extremely unlikely, it's better than the average cheesy Hollywood "I survived the impossible by half a second and sheer luck" story.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Galaxia_Kirby

    Galaxia_Kirby

    [187]Aug 16, 2006
    • member since: 07/09/06
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 1,052
    AnimeNikkaJamal wrote:
    I'm not backing up Diaz, but here's a possibilty:

    Only someone with Uchiha blood could obtain the Kaleidoscope, at least that's what some used to believe. What is Obito's eyes correspond with each other. What if Kakashi's Sharigan becomes stronger along with Obito's? Kakashi's eye was only at level 2 when he first got it. What if Orochimaru, with his hunger for the Sharingan's remains, attempted to salvage Obito's remains for the Sharigan. No one would know, as Obito's expected dead, and Orochimaru is an expert at the forbidden arts. However, the body is so severly damaged that Orochimaru cannot put it back in sutable condition. It's thrown to the side along with his other failed experiments. Of course, he later meets his parter Sasori, and Sasori builds a new puppet body out of Obito's old body to house the Sharingan. This puppet is named "Tobi". However, unlike Sasori's other puppets, this puppet has emotions of it's own, stemming from this Sharingan's connection to Kakashi's. However, it is still a puppet, and only after a special from of Edo Tensei is used (in which Tobi had screws and pins place into his joints) can it move and think on it's own. Once Tobi was totally independent, Orochimaru had him become stronger. However, as part of the deal, Tobi was Sasori's agent and therefore, under his orders. His job was to designate other Akatsuki agent to be sacrificed for the leader's techniques. As these agents were the closest people to him, he obtained the Kaleidoscope, and by proxy, Kakashi's eye did as well. When Orochimaru finally decided it was time to switch into Tobi's body, Sasori forbade him to, both bacause he feared Orochimaru would become too powerful, and he didn't want Orochimaru to foul his masterpiece.

    Although it's extremely unlikely, it's better than the average cheesy Hollywood "I survived the impossible by half a second and sheer luck" story.


    Very, very, very interesting theories! But... I guess we'll have to wait and see
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of diaz89

    diaz89

    [188]Aug 16, 2006
    • member since: 06/08/06
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 816
    PuckTheJoker wrote:
    Diaz: You are asking everyone for PROOF that Tobi isn't Obito, so where is your PROOF that he is? I'm talking solid evidence, not similarities.

    "They have the same hair style": Lee has the same hair style as Gai, does that mean they are father and son? No, all it means is that Lee idolizes Gai and tries to be like him (uniform included). If you really want to compare hair, Obito and Naruto have similar hair styles as well. Does that mean that somehow Obito and Naruto are related? If you haven't noticed, spiky hair is a popular trend over in Japan, atleast in the manga/anime industry.

    "We didn't see a dead body": This point is useless. When Sandaime died after using the Sealing Jutsu, we saw him die, but there was no body at the funeral, only pictures of Sandaime and other ninja who had died during the invasion. Since we didn't see the body at the funeral, does that mean that there is the possibility that Sandaime is still alive? We never saw a bunch of dead ninja bodies following the Kyuubi attack, so does that mean that all the people who died, including Iruka's parents, could still be alive somewhere just hiding out?

    "his eyes were open": Do you even read the manga? I'm looking at Chapter 244 Pages 9 & 10 and while the rocks are falling on him and after they've fallen on him, his left eyelid is closed. So please point out to everyone exactly where you see his eyes open as the final set of rocks was crushing him.

    You keep asking people to prove you wrong, maybe it's time to start proving to people that you are right.
    you never proved me wrong, your just conceided and think your always right, its I cant really put it in words but you compared narutos hair and obitos......wat else do they have incommon....didnt think so, thats getting annoying when ppl jsut compare ONE thing ant than think....name somebody in the show that have so much in common but have nothing to do with eacother......didnt think so. you cant just find something a person has one thing incommon and they say they r related...get alot of things incommon.......watever some ppl just dont believe anything until they see it
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of diaz89

    diaz89

    [189]Aug 16, 2006
    • member since: 06/08/06
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 816
    X-626 wrote:
    diaz89: What really annoys me is not the fact that you're persistant, but the fact that you say things like "I hope you don't feel to hard on yourself when Kishimoto finally reveals Tobi to be Obito". For the love all things, please stop doing this. You're saying things are facts when they have yet to be proven to be one. It's like saying, "I hope you don't feel bad when somebody hits you in the head". You're infering something is going to happen no matter what. Just out of complete curiosity, what will you do if Tobi doesn't turn out to be Obito? Please, tell me! I really want to know what you're going to do if that happens to be the case. You see, though I don't think he is Obito, I'm not going around stating it as fact. Therefore, if I'm wrong, I can just say "Oh well...". You, on the other hand, have stated that it will happen for sure. So, if you turn out to be wrong, it will be a lot more difficult on you. So, tell me what you'll do?
    I would laugh and feel kinda dumb but I would be surprised if he wasnt
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of PuckTheJoker

    PuckTheJoker

    [190]Aug 16, 2006
    • member since: 09/23/05
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 241

    diaz89 wrote:
    thats getting annoying when ppl jsut compare ONE thing ant than think....name somebody in the show that have so much in common but have nothing to do with eacother


    Proven things in common:

    Naruto & Obito: Similar hair style, both wore googles, both are/were in a group with Kakashi (Naruto as student, Obito as teammate), both are/were willing to give their life to protect teammates/people they care about.

    Tobi & Obito: Similar hair style, Tobi has a hole in the right side of his mask.

    We haven't seen any of Tobi's skills yet, nor have we seen his forehead protector so that is all of the proven similarities so far. You could always infer that Obito and Tobi both act goofy, but so does Naruto.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of diaz89

    diaz89

    [191]Aug 16, 2006
    • member since: 06/08/06
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 816
    PuckTheJoker wrote:
    diaz89 wrote:
    thats getting annoying when ppl jsut compare ONE thing ant than think....name somebody in the show that have so much in common but have nothing to do with eacother


    Proven things in common:

    Naruto & Obito: Similar hair style, both wore googles, both are/were in a group with Kakashi (Naruto as student, Obito as teammate), both are/were willing to give their life to protect teammates/people they care about.

    Tobi & Obito: Similar hair style, Tobi has a hole in the right side of his mask.

    We haven't seen any of Tobi's skills yet, nor have we seen his forehead protector so that is all of the proven similarities so far. You could always infer that Obito and Tobi both act goofy, but so does Naruto.
    theres ppl that just dont want to belive it so watever u just cant see the simalirities
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of terrabreak13

    terrabreak13

    [192]Aug 16, 2006
    • member since: 09/16/03
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 782

    As you probably already know I also believe Tobi is Obito. Another point made earlier that was overlooked is the design of Tobi's mask:

    1) Why is it that the swirls in his mask are directing you to his eyes?

    It would appear to me that his eye is used for some sort of jutsu. We have only seen 2 bloodline limits that use eyes so a sharingan is a damn good guess. The swirls have to mean something. The only other masks we have seen are like ANBU masks. This mask would almost indicate that he was capable of Kaleidoscope.

    2) Why does he only have one eye and a right one at that?

    It is an undeniable fact that if Obito was alive he would only have a right eye.

    3) Why does he need a mask in the first place?

    We can all understand why ANBU members have to hide their identities but why would Tobi hide his identity? If Obito was alive he would have a major scar over his left eye and his face would probably be disfigured. Thats a good reason to wear a mask. Even Kakashi hides his scar.

    The biggest retorts I've seen is that "we saw him die", "why would akatsuki revive him?" and "he was a good guy". It's not inconcievable that he could survive (Gaara literally died). His body didn't have to necessarily be rivived by Akatsuki anyone could have done it. And finally, yes he was a good guy but ninjas defect. If ninjas didn't defect we wouldn't have a story in the first place. Sasuke could have been considered as a good guy risking his life for his friends. But now he wouldn't hesitate to kill them.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of diaz89

    diaz89

    [193]Aug 16, 2006
    • member since: 06/08/06
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 816
    i already tried to convince them, theres no hope for them, they just dont want to belive it cuz most of them dont lilke the idea
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of AnimeNikkaJamal

    AnimeNikkaJamal

    [194]Aug 16, 2006
    • member since: 07/19/05
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 1,198
    terrabreak13 wrote:

    As you probably already know I also believe Tobi is Obito. Another point made earlier that was overlooked is the design of Tobi's mask:

    1) Why is it that the swirls in his mask are directing you to his eyes?

    It would appear to me that his eye is used for some sort of jutsu. We have only seen 2 bloodline limits that use eyes so a sharingan is a damn good guess. The swirls have to mean something. The only other masks we have seen are like ANBU masks. This mask would almost indicate that he was capable of Kaleidoscope.

    2) Why does he only have one eye and a right one at that?

    It is an undeniable fact that if Obito was alive he would only have a right eye.

    3) Why does he need a mask in the first place?

    We can all understand why ANBU members have to hide their identities but why would Tobi hide his identity? If Obito was alive he would have a major scar over his left eye and his face would probably be disfigured. Thats a good reason to wear a mask. Even Kakashi hides his scar.

    The biggest retorts I've seen is that "we saw him die", "why would akatsuki revive him?" and "he was a good guy". It's not inconcievable that he could survive (Gaara literally died). His body didn't have to necessarily be rivived by Akatsuki anyone could have done it. And finally, yes he was a good guy but ninjas defect. If ninjas didn't defect we wouldn't have a story in the first place. Sasuke could have been considered as a good guy risking his life for his friends. But now he wouldn't hesitate to kill them.


    I like your theory. But I'm sure Kakashi wears the mask so the Sharingan doesn't completely drain him.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of X-626

    X-626

    [195]Aug 16, 2006
    • member since: 04/24/05
    • level: 51
    • rank: I Broke TV.com (Shatterdaymorn)
    • posts: 4,776
    diaz89 wrote:
    i already tried to convince them, theres no hope for them, they just dont want to belive it cuz most of them dont lilke the idea


    Um...no. We don't believe it because we don't. You can like an idea, but that doesn't mean you have to believe it. Example: You could like the idea of being able to walk on water, but you don't have to believe that it's possible.

    Also, quit saying things like, "There's no hope for them"! You're still insulting us, and I've given you enough of a warning about doing that.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pesho2

    pesho2

    [196]Aug 16, 2006
    • member since: 08/02/06
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 1,638
    tobi is deffinitely obito.!!!!

    I won't say how they look alike because it's been said 1000 times but I would say that we did't see him die because the rocks that fall on him made like a chamber inside look at the manga... only the first rock fell on him after that rin was talking to him truogh a hole between the rocks and you could clearly see that he was still alive after that more rocks fell and just fill up the hole they didn't hit obito...after that if an akatsuki leader have saved him he might have had a memory loss or something he might want to repay him for saving his life he might not even know that they r evil and he was just a kid he might be afraid of everybody's reaction when they see his face that's why he didn't get back to the vilage..as you can clearly see now he doesn't seem like this evel akatsuki member that like all that capturing biju's and stuff and he even fell asleep on one so he is not an ordinary s-rank criminal.. I think that he is obito thou there seem to be a slide age difference because he should be a little bit older i think....
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of arandomeperson

    arandomeperson

    [197]Aug 16, 2006
    • member since: 01/11/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 2,361
    diaz how can you of all people talk about being stubborn!?!?!? AGGH!!!! YOUR THE STUBBORNEST PERSON I'VE EVER MET!!!!!! someone back me up here please!!!! you listen to no logic and only believe what you want AND treat every one who disagrees with you like your enemy!!!! you have NO right in hell to say there's no hope in convincing any onne about any thing!!!!!! you are just so.... so... UGGH!!! just listen to others ideas and respect there opinions!!!!!!!!! AGGGH!!! >_______< *goes to anti n00b anti troll anti people who make the world so screwed up bomb shelter to cool off*
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SacredArt

    SacredArt

    [198]Aug 16, 2006
    • member since: 07/31/06
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 39
    reddiaz89 wrote:

    I THINK TOBI IS OBITO CUZ OF THE MASK THAT HE WEARS,I THINK HE WEARS THE MASK TO COVER ALL THE SCARS HE HAS ON HIS FACE FROM HIS INJURY AND PLUS HE HAS THE SAME HAIR STYLE AS OBITO AND THEIR NAMES ARE KIND OF THE SAME EXCEPT SWICTHED AROUND



    Exactly you sum up really good
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of diaz89

    diaz89

    [199]Aug 16, 2006
    • member since: 06/08/06
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 816
    [This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
    Edited on 08/16/2006 9:08pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Fallout_Girl

    Fallout_Girl

    [200]Aug 16, 2006
    • member since: 12/17/05
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 5,116
    terrabreak13 wrote:

    As you probably already know I also believe Tobi is Obito. Another point made earlier that was overlooked is the design of Tobi's mask:

    1) Why is it that the swirls in his mask are directing you to his eyes?

    It would appear to me that his eye is used for some sort of jutsu. We have only seen 2 bloodline limits that use eyes so a sharingan is a damn good guess. The swirls have to mean something. The only other masks we have seen are like ANBU masks. This mask would almost indicate that he was capable of Kaleidoscope.

    2) Why does he only have one eye and a right one at that?

    It is an undeniable fact that if Obito was alive he would only have a right eye.

    3) Why does he need a mask in the first place?

    We can all understand why ANBU members have to hide their identities but why would Tobi hide his identity? If Obito was alive he would have a major scar over his left eye and his face would probably be disfigured. Thats a good reason to wear a mask. Even Kakashi hides his scar.

    The biggest retorts I've seen is that "we saw him die", "why would akatsuki revive him?" and "he was a good guy". It's not inconcievable that he could survive (Gaara literally died). His body didn't have to necessarily be rivived by Akatsuki anyone could have done it. And finally, yes he was a good guy but ninjas defect. If ninjas didn't defect we wouldn't have a story in the first place. Sasuke could have been considered as a good guy risking his life for his friends. But now he wouldn't hesitate to kill them.


    I agree that it's possible for Tobi to be Obito. However, why would anyone even bother taking the time to revive him? There are many possible answers to that, but none of them (IMO) would make a good storyline. It seems to me that Obito is better off dead, because if he was mysteriously ressurected, it wouldn't be as big of a deal when people died. People would just think, "Oh sure, it says he's dead now, but he'll probably be ressurected...whatever..." It just wouln't be the same if every other character who died wasa brought back again.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.