Naruto Forums

TV Tokyo (ended 2007)

Kakashi's Power

  • Avatar of white_rabbit112

    white_rabbit112

    [1]Oct 1, 2007
    • member since: 11/24/06
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 1,251

    How strong is Kakashi?

    He seems to be able to hold his own against most people, he even had the guts to take on Itachi (granted it didn't go over too well).

    What would you say his power level is, and who he can and can't beat.

    Also how you think his power will grow and how strong he might be at the end of the series.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of hellguard777

    hellguard777

    [2]Oct 1, 2007
    • member since: 07/06/07
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 3,265
    Kakashi is awesome. Everyone knows that the Uchihas are really strong Ninjas because of the Sharingan, and even though kakashi doesn't have the Keke Genkei, he's doing awesome harvesting the power of the Sharingan. A true genius in combat, and without any doubts, the strongest jounin in Konoha
    Edited on 10/01/2007 4:19pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of BlueAndOrange

    BlueAndOrange

    [3]Oct 2, 2007
    • member since: 01/14/07
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 1,088
    in the manga tsunade expresses an interest in him becoming the sixth, but she says "kakashis just a given" when talking about narutos future
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Drunk_Samurai

    Drunk_Samurai

    [4]Oct 2, 2007
    • member since: 12/18/04
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 10,137
    He really isn't Kage level yet though.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of scatha_guardian

    scatha_guardian

    [5]Oct 2, 2007
    • member since: 03/23/07
    • level: 35
    • rank: Beverly Hillbilly
    • posts: 6,581
    Drunk_Samurai wrote:
    He really isn't Kage level yet though.


    It was never discussed in the manga or in any episodes where Kakashi developed his Mangekyo Sharingan. I believe what probably pushed him there was his encounter with Itachi and Kisame in the village when Itachi took over his mind and tortured him. That Kakashi could develop such a powerful mangekyo that it can move time and space OUTSIDE the mind, sending things into other dimensions, does put him at Kage level.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Drunk_Samurai

    Drunk_Samurai

    [6]Oct 2, 2007
    • member since: 12/18/04
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 10,137
    scatha_guardian wrote:
    Drunk_Samurai wrote:
    He really isn't Kage level yet though.


    It was never discussed in the manga or in any episodes where Kakashi developed his Mangekyo Sharingan. I believe what probably pushed him there was his encounter with Itachi and Kisame in the village when Itachi took over his mind and tortured him. That Kakashi could develop such a powerful mangekyo that it can move time and space OUTSIDE the mind, sending things into other dimensions, does put him at Kage level.


    Itachi could still defeat him, hence not Kage level.
    Edited on 10/02/2007 9:15am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Lando65203

    Lando65203

    [7]Oct 2, 2007
    • member since: 07/19/06
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 967

    Drunk_Samurai wrote:
    scatha_guardian wrote:
    Drunk_Samurai wrote:
    He really isn't Kage level yet though.
    It was never discussed in the manga or in any episodes where Kakashi developed his Mangekyo Sharingan. I believe what probably pushed him there was his encounter with Itachi and Kisame in the village when Itachi took over his mind and tortured him. That Kakashi could develop such a powerful mangekyo that it can move time and space OUTSIDE the mind, sending things into other dimensions, does put him at Kage level.
    Itachi could still defeat him, hence not Kage level.
    Itachi beat Orochimaru who went up against the Third (with the help of two former Hokage). So that's not the best argument against it. I personally think that Kakashi would make a decent Hokage, he wouldn't go down as the greatest ever, but he's still in the upper tier of shinobi.

    EDIT: Oh yeah and Drunk didn't you get the memo? Uchiha blood + Sharingan = Pure GodMod

    Edited on 10/02/2007 9:30am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of hellguard777

    hellguard777

    [8]Oct 2, 2007
    • member since: 07/06/07
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 3,265
    Lando65203 wrote:

    Drunk_Samurai wrote:
    scatha_guardian wrote:
    Drunk_Samurai wrote:
    He really isn't Kage level yet though.
    It was never discussed in the manga or in any episodes where Kakashi developed his Mangekyo Sharingan. I believe what probably pushed him there was his encounter with Itachi and Kisame in the village when Itachi took over his mind and tortured him. That Kakashi could develop such a powerful mangekyo that it can move time and space OUTSIDE the mind, sending things into other dimensions, does put him at Kage level.
    Itachi could still defeat him, hence not Kage level.
    Itachi beat Orochimaru who went up against the Third (with the help of two former Hokage). So that's not the best argument against it. I personally think that Kakashi would make a decent Hokage, he wouldn't go down as the greatest ever, but he's still in the upper tier of shinobi.

    EDIT: Oh yeah and Drunk didn't you get the memo? Uchiha blood + Sharingan = Pure GodMod

    I really hate the fact that people can't recognize when someone is old, and doesn't have the same power as before, or when someone is dying, and no matter how strong he was before, he would be no match for someone under his former level.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kaoken10

    kaoken10

    [9]Oct 2, 2007
    • member since: 04/19/07
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 1,329
    Kakashi is one of the strongest in Konaha
    ***SPOILER***
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Skeetersaid

    Skeetersaid

    [10]Oct 2, 2007
    • member since: 06/25/07
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 135
    Kakashi is a good ninja and without a doubt very powerful but i don't know if he has the dedication or drive to be a kage. He is very good at the technical aspects of being a ninja but theres more to being kage then just his physical strength.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Lando65203

    Lando65203

    [11]Oct 2, 2007
    • member since: 07/19/06
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 967
    hellguard777 wrote:
    Lando65203 wrote:

    Drunk_Samurai wrote:
    scatha_guardian wrote:
    Drunk_Samurai wrote:
    He really isn't Kage level yet though.
    It was never discussed in the manga or in any episodes where Kakashi developed his Mangekyo Sharingan. I believe what probably pushed him there was his encounter with Itachi and Kisame in the village when Itachi took over his mind and tortured him. That Kakashi could develop such a powerful mangekyo that it can move time and space OUTSIDE the mind, sending things into other dimensions, does put him at Kage level.
    Itachi could still defeat him, hence not Kage level.
    Itachi beat Orochimaru who went up against the Third (with the help of two former Hokage). So that's not the best argument against it. I personally think that Kakashi would make a decent Hokage, he wouldn't go down as the greatest ever, but he's still in the upper tier of shinobi.

    EDIT: Oh yeah and Drunk didn't you get the memo? Uchiha blood + Sharingan = Pure GodMod

    I really hate the fact that people can't recognize when someone is old, and doesn't have the same power as before, or when someone is dying, and no matter how strong he was before, he would be no match for someone under his former level.

    Yep and the two resurrected Hokage? Who where, presumably, at there peak? Also Orochimaru got defeated by Itachi well before he was sick.

    Aside from all that, I said "went up against the Third". I did not say "DEFEATED the Third" because he didn't. My point here is more about the show of power during the fight, not who won or lost, and they both showed a tremendous amount of strength in that fight. Unless of course your going to try to tell me that Third wasn't on this "Kage" level, even though he managed to hold his own against three extremely strong opponents. Or unless your going to tell me that Orochimaru isn't on this Kage level, despite what we've seen from his earlier fights?

    I hate it when people try to bad mouth my arguments when they don't take the time to actually understand what my argument is.

    EDIT: For some reason I forgot to type in a sentence in that middle paragraph. Just in case I got quoted while I was typing this, its the part in italics up there

    Edited on 10/02/2007 10:46am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kaoken10

    kaoken10

    [12]Oct 2, 2007
    • member since: 04/19/07
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 1,329
    Kakashi is way more than physical strength. He is smart, perceptive and skilled. But most of all he loves the village and everyone in it. He taught team 7 that teamwork and not abandoning your comrads are the most impotant traits a ninja can posess. He also displayed great bravery in the fight with Itachi and Kisame, the fight with Kakazu, etc. A kage should be willing to lay down his life for his village. Kakashi would do that.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of hellguard777

    hellguard777

    [13]Oct 2, 2007
    • member since: 07/06/07
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 3,265
    Lando65203 wrote:
    hellguard777 wrote:
    Lando65203 wrote:

    Drunk_Samurai wrote:
    scatha_guardian wrote:
    Drunk_Samurai wrote:
    He really isn't Kage level yet though.
    It was never discussed in the manga or in any episodes where Kakashi developed his Mangekyo Sharingan. I believe what probably pushed him there was his encounter with Itachi and Kisame in the village when Itachi took over his mind and tortured him. That Kakashi could develop such a powerful mangekyo that it can move time and space OUTSIDE the mind, sending things into other dimensions, does put him at Kage level.
    Itachi could still defeat him, hence not Kage level.
    Itachi beat Orochimaru who went up against the Third (with the help of two former Hokage). So that's not the best argument against it. I personally think that Kakashi would make a decent Hokage, he wouldn't go down as the greatest ever, but he's still in the upper tier of shinobi.

    EDIT: Oh yeah and Drunk didn't you get the memo? Uchiha blood + Sharingan = Pure GodMod

    I really hate the fact that people can't recognize when someone is old, and doesn't have the same power as before, or when someone is dying, and no matter how strong he was before, he would be no match for someone under his former level.

    Yep and the two resurrected Hokage? Who where, presumably, at there peak? Also Orochimaru got defeated by Itachi well before he was sick.

    Aside from all that, I said "went up against the Third". I did not say "DEFEATED the Third" because he didn't. Unless of course your going to try to tell me that Third wasn't on this "Kage" level, even though he managed to hold his own against three extremly strong opponents. Or unless your going to tell me that Orochimaru isn't on this Kage level, despite what we've seen from his earlier fights?

    I hate it when people try to bad mouth my arguments when they don't take the time to actually understand what my argument is.

    How more pathetic could Orochimaru get? Day by day he was getting weaker, and the third was not at his peak. (there's a reason why the 4th took his place you know) The thing that the third was able to keep his cool with the 1st and 2nd is one of those things in Naruto that doesn't make sense. And yes, By the time we met Orochimaru, he was not Kage level anymore. 2 years later he was as weak as a mouse, and anyone could have defeated him.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Lando65203

    Lando65203

    [14]Oct 2, 2007
    • member since: 07/19/06
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 967
    hellguard777 wrote:
    Lando65203 wrote:
    hellguard777 wrote:
    Lando65203 wrote:

    Drunk_Samurai wrote:
    scatha_guardian wrote:
    Drunk_Samurai wrote:
    He really isn't Kage level yet though.
    It was never discussed in the manga or in any episodes where Kakashi developed his Mangekyo Sharingan. I believe what probably pushed him there was his encounter with Itachi and Kisame in the village when Itachi took over his mind and tortured him. That Kakashi could develop such a powerful mangekyo that it can move time and space OUTSIDE the mind, sending things into other dimensions, does put him at Kage level.
    Itachi could still defeat him, hence not Kage level.
    Itachi beat Orochimaru who went up against the Third (with the help of two former Hokage). So that's not the best argument against it. I personally think that Kakashi would make a decent Hokage, he wouldn't go down as the greatest ever, but he's still in the upper tier of shinobi.

    EDIT: Oh yeah and Drunk didn't you get the memo? Uchiha blood + Sharingan = Pure GodMod

    I really hate the fact that people can't recognize when someone is old, and doesn't have the same power as before, or when someone is dying, and no matter how strong he was before, he would be no match for someone under his former level.

    Yep and the two resurrected Hokage? Who where, presumably, at there peak? Also Orochimaru got defeated by Itachi well before he was sick.

    Aside from all that, I said "went up against the Third". I did not say "DEFEATED the Third" because he didn't. Unless of course your going to try to tell me that Third wasn't on this "Kage" level, even though he managed to hold his own against three extremly strong opponents. Or unless your going to tell me that Orochimaru isn't on this Kage level, despite what we've seen from his earlier fights?

    I hate it when people try to bad mouth my arguments when they don't take the time to actually understand what my argument is.

    How more pathetic could Orochimaru get? Day by day he was getting weaker, and the third was not at his peak. (there's a reason why the 4th took his place you know) The thing that the third was able to keep his cool with the 1st and 2nd is one of those things in Naruto that doesn't make sense. And yes, By the time we met Orochimaru, he was not Kage level anymore. 2 years later he was as weak as a mouse, and anyone could have defeated him.

    Yes 2 years later he was as weak as a mouse...After having his arms sealed in too the death god, and having his body start to reject him. As far as the Third holding his own against the First and the Second not making sense, it only doesn't make sense if you refuse to acknowledge that third was still "Kage" level (Man I hate that term, this isn't DBZ and the strongest ninja isn't always the one with the "highest power level").

    Question, you seem to be implying that Orochimaru was at one of his weaker moments when he decided to launch an attack against one of the five major ninja nations, why would he do that if he wasn't at least as strong as when he left? Also, why do I get the feeling that your referencing Sasuke's fight in there? He doesn't have anything to do with the part of the manga we're talking about.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Vboy3660

    Vboy3660

    [15]Oct 2, 2007
    • member since: 07/04/07
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 124
    Kakaski does look weak when compared to the most of the other main characters.Most of the akatsuki members and sanin are stronger than him.
    Granted Kakashi is the strongest jounin in Konoha, but the rest of the main characters are above jounin level, almost Kage level. Naruto has already surpassed him, even Sasuke seems stronger than him cause he defeated a really strong character like Deidara.
    Kakashi does know thousands of techniques, but you need a huge amount of chakra like Naruto's chakra to effectively use them. Using Sharingan easily tires his body.Using the MS even a little completely drains his body.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kaoken10

    kaoken10

    [16]Oct 2, 2007
    • member since: 04/19/07
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 1,329
    Vboy3660 wrote:
    Kakaski does look weak when compared to the most of the other main characters.Most of the akatsuki members and sanin are stronger than him.
    Granted Kakashi is the strongest jounin in Konoha, but the rest of the main characters are above jounin level, almost Kage level. Naruto has already surpassed him, even Sasuke seems stronger than him cause he defeated a really strong character like Deidara.
    Kakashi does know thousands of techniques, but you need a huge amount of chakra like Naruto's chakra to effectively use them. Using Sharingan easily tires his body.Using the MS even a little completely drains his body.
    A more important quality for a Hokage than strength is a level head and the ability to make wise decisions. Naruto is strong, but still very hotheaded and hasty. How often do Kages actually fight? Kages usually sit behind a desk and assign missions. You have to make good decisions and tactical moves while keeping the village's best interest at heart. Someone liek Shikamaru would make a great Hokage some day.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Vboy3660

    Vboy3660

    [17]Oct 2, 2007
    • member since: 07/04/07
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 124
    kaoken10 wrote:
    Vboy3660 wrote:
    Kakaski does look weak when compared to the most of the other main characters.Most of the akatsuki members and sanin are stronger than him.
    Granted Kakashi is the strongest jounin in Konoha, but the rest of the main characters are above jounin level, almost Kage level. Naruto has already surpassed him, even Sasuke seems stronger than him cause he defeated a really strong character like Deidara.
    Kakashi does know thousands of techniques, but you need a huge amount of chakra like Naruto's chakra to effectively use them. Using Sharingan easily tires his body.Using the MS even a little completely drains his body.
    A more important quality for a Hokage than strength is a level head and the ability to make wise decisions. Naruto is strong, but still very hotheaded and hasty. How often do Kages actually fight? Kages usually sit behind a desk and assign missions. You have to make good decisions and tactical moves while keeping the village's best interest at heart. Someone liek Shikamaru would make a great Hokage some day.

    Please read the title of this thread.
    I am not arguing that Kakashi is not fit to become Hokage. I am saying he lacks power when compared to the many main characters.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kaoken10

    kaoken10

    [18]Oct 2, 2007
    • member since: 04/19/07
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 1,329
    Vboy3660 wrote:
    kaoken10 wrote:
    Vboy3660 wrote:
    Kakaski does look weak when compared to the most of the other main characters.Most of the akatsuki members and sanin are stronger than him.
    Granted Kakashi is the strongest jounin in Konoha, but the rest of the main characters are above jounin level, almost Kage level. Naruto has already surpassed him, even Sasuke seems stronger than him cause he defeated a really strong character like Deidara.
    Kakashi does know thousands of techniques, but you need a huge amount of chakra like Naruto's chakra to effectively use them. Using Sharingan easily tires his body.Using the MS even a little completely drains his body.
    A more important quality for a Hokage than strength is a level head and the ability to make wise decisions. Naruto is strong, but still very hotheaded and hasty. How often do Kages actually fight? Kages usually sit behind a desk and assign missions. You have to make good decisions and tactical moves while keeping the village's best interest at heart. Someone liek Shikamaru would make a great Hokage some day.

    Please read the title of this thread.
    I am not arguing that Kakashi is not fit to become Hokage. I am saying he lacks power when compared to the many main characters.
    Yeah I read the title. Skeetersaid mentioned Kakashi possibly becoming hokage and I was partially responding to that. Excuse me if that wasnt perfectly on topic enough for you.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Vboy3660

    Vboy3660

    [19]Oct 2, 2007
    • member since: 07/04/07
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 124

    Ya Kakashi does lack power. But Power + Brain = Kage level.

    Kakashi does need more power at this point to be suitable enough to become Hokage.

    But in the future "maybe" Naruto will surpass him in the brains department too.

    Edited on 10/02/2007 12:03pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of hellguard777

    hellguard777

    [20]Oct 2, 2007
    • member since: 07/06/07
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 3,265

    Vboy3660 wrote:
    Ya Kakashi does lack power. But Power + Brain = Kage level. Kakashi does indeed at this point suitable enough to become Hokage.But in the future "maybe" Naruto will surpass him in the brains department too.

    Is it even possible to use the word brain and Naruto in the same sentence? I just don't imagine Naruto changing. Maybe he will someday be a Hokage with a lot of charisma, but I don't think he'll change that much

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.