Naruto Forums

TV Tokyo (ended 2007)

Least evil Akatsuki member? *Spoilers

firefox59

[201]Feb 19, 2009
    • level: 19
    Nightmare_River wrote:
    Pein isn't that evil. The newest chapter seems to further indicate that.

Konan is also not that evil.

It's the ones who get off on killing like Hidan, Deidara [even if he was paid, he still enjoyed it], Orochimaru, etc. who are the 'pure evil' ones.

BTW, Konan has protested Pein's methods. Remember this quote? "Why do you insist on such madness?"
    If Evil is determined by results of actions and not intent, which is all that really matters, Pein is extremely close to the top of the evil list.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Nightmare_River

[202]Feb 19, 2009
    • level: 4
    I go by intentions, not actions. Actions mean crap IMO.

Pein is really just being a typical Shinobi.

CosmicParty10

[203]Feb 20, 2009
    • level: 3
    Nightmare_River wrote:
    I go by intentions, not actions. Actions mean crap IMO.

Pein is really just being a typical Shinobi.

So by that logic Hitler was not evil.

Nightmare_River

[204]Feb 20, 2009
    Completely different.

Hitler used peace as an excuse for mass genocide without actually meaning it.

Also, Hitler committed his plans relevantly unprovoked.

sadist_activst

[205]Feb 20, 2009
    • level: 14
    I don't think anyone up to Pain has killed so many characters, even if he's not evil, he's one of the worst.

CosmicParty10

[206]Feb 20, 2009
    Nightmare_River wrote:
    Completely different.

You said actions are not evil. So yes it is relevant.

firefox59

[207]Feb 20, 2009
    • level: 19
    Nightmare_River wrote:
    Completely different.

Dude, pein is using peace as an excuse for mass genocide. And no one knows what hitler was actually thinking. That guy was so twisted...

Mesolarkonomy

[208]Feb 20, 2009
    Actions before words... Actions before words... Why can't people understand that?

spirit7someguy

[209]Feb 20, 2009
    • level: 8

Mesolarkonomy wrote:
    Actions before words... Actions before words... Why can't people understand that?

Because! when deidara lost his hands at the hands of naruto and kakashi (haha! hands x2 I made a joke HAHA!!) he wasnt less evil just because he couldn't kill them... , Because! when deidara lost his hands at the hands of naruto and kakashi (haha! hands x2 I made a joke HAHA!!) he wasnt less evil just because he couldn't kill them... Why can't people understand that?

CosmicParty10

[211]Feb 21, 2009
    spirit7someguy wrote:

Mesolarkonomy wrote:

Because! when deidara lost his hands at the hands of naruto and kakashi (haha! hands x2 I made a joke HAHA!!) he wasnt less evil just because he couldn't kill them... , Because! when deidara lost his hands at the hands of naruto and kakashi (haha! hands x2 I made a joke HAHA!!) he wasnt less evil just because he couldn't kill them... Why can't people understand that?

So you're saying Pein or Hitler are not evil.

Nightmare_River

[212]Feb 21, 2009
    Pein and Konan are like Itachi. Evil, but not pure evil.

This is a thread about how evil the Akatsuki members are, not whether they actually are or not.

CosmicParty10

[213]Feb 21, 2009
    Nightmare_River wrote:
    Pein and Konan are like Itachi. Evil, but not pure evil.

This is a thread about how evil the Akatsuki members are, not whether they actually are or not.

He wants to kill a lot of people. Yet again you're saying Hitler is not evil.

Nightmare_River

[214]Feb 21, 2009
    Read my post again. I said he was evil.

Huge difference between evil and pure evil and again, you're comparing two people who can't be compared.

Pein wants peace. Hitler didn't.

Pein is fictional where morals are more flexible. Hitler was real.

Lastly, Pein had a relatively good reason to go psycho. Hitler didn't suffer any trauma from what I've read.

And just to make sure you don't miss it this time, I SAID PEIN WAS EVIL!!
    Edited on 02/21/2009 12:32pm

CosmicParty10

[215]Feb 21, 2009
    Nightmare_River wrote:
    Read my post again. I said he was evil.

Huge difference between evil and pure evil and again, you're comparing two people who can't be compared.

Pein wants peace. Hitler didn't.

Pein is fictional where morals are more flexible. Hitler was real.

Lastly, Pein had a relatively good reason to go psycho. Hitler didn't suffer any trauma from what I've read.

And just to make sure you don't miss it this time, I SAID PEIN WAS EVIL!!

Yep. Every evil person has a good reason. It's because they are psychos. Nice reason.

spirit7someguy

[216]Feb 21, 2009

Not every evil person has a good reason!! Wattcha talking about?! I know that from experience...

One more thing: As for Pein, I completely agree with nigtmareguy about being evil but not pure evil because he suffered so much and because he is a shinobi and etc. He is evil but not as evil as Hidan, Kakuzu etc. How can you measure their evil with pein's evil?? (Kakuzu n hidan would kill naruto right away while pein did give him a chance)

Oh, and one more thing: As for Hitler I never said that Hitler wasnt evil!!! Hitler's madness was almost pure evil... Yet, I Am saying that Napoleon wasnt pure evil, and pein seems a bit less evil than Napoleon. Why? Because Napoleon (Pein) was a part of a cruel social reality, a conquering war and power thirsty politics or maybe even nation (shinoby world) etc... Just saying that the type of world you live in is also relevant..

And um... one more thing: To the guys/gals who think pein is most evil because he killed the most characters -- So... are you saying that people are just moving numbers??? That more lives are worthier than one life?!?? Oh how I dislike rational minds...

Edited on 02/21/2009 3:06pm

CosmicParty10

[217]Feb 21, 2009
    spirit7someguy wrote:

Not every evil person has a good reason!! Wattcha talking about?! I know that from experience...

One more thing: As for Pein, I completely agree with nigtmareguy about being evil but not pure evil because he suffered so much and because he is a shinobi and etc. He is evil but not as evil as Hidan, Kakuzu etc. How can you measure their evil with pein's evil?? (Kakuzu n hidan would kill naruto right away while pein did give him a chance)

Oh, and one more thing: As for Hitler I never said that Hitler wasnt evil!!! Hitler's madness was almost pure evil... Yet, I Am saying that Napoleon wasnt pure evil, and pein seems a bit less evil than Napoleon. Why? Because Napoleon (Pein) was a part of a cruel social reality, a conquering war and power thirsty politics or maybe even nation (shinoby world) etc... Just saying that the type of world you live in is also relevant..

And um... one more thing: To the guys/gals who think pein is most evil because he killed the most characters -- So... are you saying that people are just moving numbers??? That more lives are worthier than one life?!?? Oh how I dislike rational minds...

You obviously don't know what sarcasm is. Also Napoleon just invaded countries. That doesn't make a person evil. Pein is more like Hitler than Napoleon. Who said that one life is more important than many? Some cases it's true and other cases it's not.

spirit7someguy

[218]Feb 21, 2009
    CosmicParty10 wrote:
    spirit7someguy wrote:

You obviously don't know what sarcasm is. Also Napoleon just invaded countries. That doesn't make a person evil. Pein is more like Hitler than Napoleon. Who said that one life is more important than many? Some cases it's true and other cases it's not.

Sadist Activst said that and I think someone else did too eralier on the topic. Tobi knows what sarcasm is! Its just that someone might not know... not all persons are educateed as Tobi, you know...

As for pein being more like hitler than napoleon... hmmm.... guess Tobi aint that educated...

AnimeMadness

[219]Feb 21, 2009
    • level: 22
    The Japanese typically portrayed the villains as being the once good guys. So in a way, they generally believe people are evil not because they were born that way, but because of something happening to them in their past that made them that way. Or they ususually get their hands on some sort of power which in turn makes them power hungry and willing to do anything to get more power.

The dictionary has a number of definitions to evil... Some of which describe Pain, and some don't.
    :
    1. morally wrong or bad; immoral; wicked: evil deeds; an evil life. 2. harmful; injurious: evil laws. 3. characterized or accompanied by misfortune or suffering; unfortunate; disastrous: to be fallen on evil days. 4. due to actual or imputed bad conduct or character: an evil reputation. 5. marked by anger, irritability, irascibility, etc.: He is known for his evil disposition.

Pain is immoral, he's definitely suffering, and unfortunate... but then again, being those three things doesn't necessarily make you evil either...

...I don't really know where this is going anymore... -__-;;

........Hitler became a dictator because he failed at being an artist... ._.

spirit7someguy

[220]Feb 21, 2009
    AnimeMadness wrote:
    The Japanese typically portrayed the villains as being the once good guys. So in a way, they generally believe people are evil not because they were born that way, but because of something happening to them in their past that made them that way. Or they ususually get their hands on some sort of power which in turn makes them power hungry and willing to do anything to get more power.

The dictionary has a number of definitions to evil... Some of which describe Pain, and some don't.
    :
    1. morally wrong or bad; immoral; wicked: evil deeds; an evil life. 2. harmful; injurious: evil laws. 3. characterized or accompanied by misfortune or suffering; unfortunate; disastrous: to be fallen on evil days. 4. due to actual or imputed bad conduct or character: an evil reputation. 5. marked by anger, irritability, irascibility, etc.: He is known for his evil disposition.

Pain is immoral, he's definitely suffering, and unfortunate... but then again, being those three things doesn't necessarily make you evil either...

...I don't really know where this is going anymore... -__-;;

........Hitler became a dictator because he failed at being an artist... ._.

'Hitler became an...'- well, that's soo deidara's story!!

One more thing: read my quote (especially about hidan n kakuzu) then you might understand why i think Pein is evil, but not too much as others...

And one more thing - There's another HUGE REASON why pein (and konan) shouldnt be one of the evil-es (due to when he showed compassion for kakuzu's death): You can imagine him having a change-of-heart, but you can hardly imagine that happening to hidan, kakuzu, deidara, zetsu, kisame..