heylingal

[241]Feb 27, 2009
    • level: 20
    firefox59 wrote:
    heylingal wrote:
    I Make My Mark =D Itachi!
    Hehe. Hey you made a forum post.
    Yesh ^_^ hehehe I miss this place T____T
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Marmalade_girl

[242]Feb 27, 2009
    • level: 8
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    [ It doesn't make him good though.
    It still makes him the least evil. I always had a feeling Itachi wasm't bad ever since he visited Konoha that time. But he was a citizen of Konoha and he just obeyed their orders. If he disobeyed wouldn't that make him bad? So by being obedient, in a very twisted way, he was good.

CaneSmash82

[243]Feb 27, 2009
    • level: 5
    Marmalade_girl wrote:
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    It still makes him the least evil. I always had a feeling Itachi wasm't bad ever since he visited Konoha that time. But he was a citizen of Konoha and he just obeyed their orders. If he disobeyed wouldn't that make him bad? So by being obedient, in a very twisted way, he was good.

Yeah. Because killing your family because a bunch of old idiots order you to is a really good thing.
    Edited on 02/27/2009 9:52pm

xTokiWartoothx

[244]Feb 27, 2009
    • level: 10
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    Marmalade_girl wrote:
    CaneSmash82 wrote:

Yeah. Because killing your family because a bunch of old idiots order you to is a really good thing.

he wouldn't have had it not been for madara's involvement.

firefox59

[245]Feb 28, 2009
    • level: 19
    heylingal wrote:
    firefox59 wrote:
    heylingal wrote:
    Well it's nice to see ya every once in awhile . Some of us have been trying to defend Itachi but more people than you'd think have the opinion that he was one of the most evil......I don't get it.

SSj022

[246]Feb 28, 2009
    • level: 16
    firefox59 wrote:
    heylingal wrote:
    firefox59 wrote:
    heylingal wrote:
    Well it's nice to see ya every once in awhile . Some of us have been trying to defend Itachi but more people than you'd think have the opinion that he was one of the most evil......I don't get it.
    Yeah, I really don't know if Itachi is the least evil of the akatsuki, but I think that it is pretty obvious after the 6-8 chapter explanation of Itachi's past that Kishi didn't want him to be seen as evil.

Marmalade_girl

[247]Feb 28, 2009
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    Marmalade_girl wrote:
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    What if you had a big family that was planning to upsurge against your country and assassinate the leader and no doubt many of your fellow citizens in the process? And say you were this high ranking, very patriotic soldier. You would be in a big dilemna. You know they are going to kill your family anyways whether you do it or not, but if you do it you'd be able to save one person-your dear precious brother who you love more than anything. Instead of all of the Uchihas dying, Itachi killed them all to save one. And he didn't just do it heartlessly, he made sure his brother would kill him over what he did. I did say it was twisted.

CaneSmash82

[248]Feb 28, 2009
    Marmalade_girl wrote:
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    Marmalade_girl wrote:
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    What if you had a big family that was planning to upsurge against your country and assassinate the leader and no doubt many of your fellow citizens in the process? And say you were this high ranking, very patriotic soldier. You would be in a big dilemna. You know they are going to kill your family anyways whether you do it or not, but if you do it you'd be able to save one person-your dear precious brother who you love more than anything. Instead of all of the Uchihas dying, Itachi killed them all to save one. And he didn't just do it heartlessly, he made sure his brother would kill him over what he did. I did say it was twisted.

He killed people who weren't even directly involved. Not all Uchiha were part of the plot.

Marmalade_girl

[249]Feb 28, 2009
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    Marmalade_girl wrote:
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    Marmalade_girl wrote:
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    He killed people who weren't even directly involved. Not all Uchiha were part of the plot.
    They were going to be killed anyways...he just loved his brother...what an ultimate sacrifice TT

CaneSmash82

[250]Feb 28, 2009
    Marmalade_girl wrote:
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    Marmalade_girl wrote:
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    Marmalade_girl wrote:
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    They were going to be killed anyways...he just loved his brother...what an ultimate sacrifice TT

Killed for no reason. He's not good at all.

Marmalade_girl

[251]Feb 28, 2009
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    Marmalade_girl wrote:
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    Marmalade_girl wrote:
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    Marmalade_girl wrote:
    CaneSmash82 wrote:

I think we're at an impasse. You think Itachi is evil TT. I think he's twistedly good, perhaps there is no way either of us can be swayed so I'll stop before this resorts to a "He is" or "He isn't" thread.

But you have no idea how relieved I am that Itachi wasn't as evil, cold-hearted, or a mindless pysochiopathical killer like we all thought. He actually has a soul...or had one TT

I think someone also pointed out that Pein isn't as evil too. See I won't say he's good, because it depends on our perception who's good or evil. He sees what Konoha is doing as evil, and that his purpose his to bring pain to everybody will be mankinds last hope of peace. But even knowing that, and even empathizing with him I can't agree with his viewpoint. It all depends whose side we take or who we can identity with more.

CaneSmash82

[252]Feb 28, 2009
    Marmalade_girl wrote:
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    Marmalade_girl wrote:
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    Marmalade_girl wrote:
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    Marmalade_girl wrote:
    CaneSmash82 wrote:

I think we're at an impasse. You think Itachi is evil TT. I think he's twistedly good, perhaps there is no way either of us can be swayed so I'll stop before this resorts to a "He is" or "He isn't" thread.

But you have no idea how relieved I am that Itachi wasn't as evil, cold-hearted, or a mindless pysochiopathical killer like we all thought. He actually has a soul...or had one TT

I think someone also pointed out that Pein isn't as evil too. See I won't say he's good, because it depends on our perception who's good or evil. He sees what Konoha is doing as evil, and that his purpose his to bring pain to everybody will be mankinds last hope of peace. But even knowing that, and even empathizing with him I can't agree with his viewpoint. It all depends whose side we take or who we can identity with more.

Good guys don't kill their families. If you want to be logical then he could be in between. He's not good at all. Pein is evil. He's just a psycho who had a few bad things happen to him and now wants to destroy the world.

AnimeMadness

[253]Feb 28, 2009
    • level: 22
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    Marmalade_girl wrote:
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    Marmalade_girl wrote:
    CaneSmash82 wrote:

You don't know if everyone wasn't directly involved. A plan that big, the whole clan's decision would have had to be unanimous. Even if there were those who weren't involved, Itachi had no choice but to kill them too because as Kishimoto has shown throughout his manga, the anger of losing someone breeds hate and revenge. Sasuke went on a warpath to kill Itachi as revenge for his clan. If other Uchiha members had survived, then they would have done the same thing too. The only reason why Pain is bent on destroying the shinobi nations is for revenge to what happened to him. Its a cycle.
    Edited on 02/28/2009 12:42pm

CaneSmash82

[254]Feb 28, 2009
    AnimeMadness wrote:
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    Marmalade_girl wrote:
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    Marmalade_girl wrote:
    CaneSmash82 wrote:

You don't know if everyone wasn't directly involved. A plan that big, the whole clan's decision would have had to be unanimous. Even if there were those who weren't involved, Itachi had no choice but to kill them too because as Kishimoto has shown throughout his manga, the anger of losing someone breeds hate and revenge. Sasuke went on a warpath to kill Itachi as revenge for his clan. If other Uchiha members had survived, then they would have done the same thing too. The only reason why Pain is bent on destroying the shinobi nations is for revenge to what happened to him. Its a cycle.

Who says any other Uchiha would have done it too? Itachi had a choice. He just chose the stupid one and killed innocents. Sasuke was all alone and having another Uchiha with him would have helped him get over wanting revenge.
    Edited on 02/28/2009 12:44pm

Marmalade_girl

[255]Feb 28, 2009

CaneSmash82 wrote:
    Marmalade_girl wrote:
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    Marmalade_girl wrote:
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    Marmalade_girl wrote:
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    Marmalade_girl wrote:
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    I think we're at an impasse. You think Itachi is evil TT. I think he's twistedly good, perhaps there is no way either of us can be swayed so I'll stop before this resorts to a "He is" or "He isn't" thread. But you have no idea how relieved I am that Itachi wasn't as evil, cold-hearted, or a mindless pysochiopathical killer like we all thought. He actually has a soul...or had one TT I think someone also pointed out that Pein isn't as evil too. See I won't say he's good, because it depends on our perception who's good or evil. He sees what Konoha is doing as evil, and that his purpose his to bring pain to everybody will be mankinds last hope of peace. But even knowing that, and even empathizing with him I can't agree with his viewpoint. It all depends whose side we take or who we can identity with more.
    Good guys don't kill their families. If you want to be logical then he could be in between. He's not good at all. Pein is evil. He's just a psycho who had a few bad things happen to him and now wants to destroy the world.
    Okay, Okay...Itachi will be tht one rare exception to the rule...He's in the shaded area of good and evil.

I personally think Pein is evil, but the way the story is developing is trying to convince the readers otherwise. I think he's evil because he's killed Hinata (maybe), Jiraiya, Shzune, I'm not going to say Kakashi because I'm still holding on to that hope. He's attacking the new Konoha, because the old Konoha was a little on the shady side. Sarutobi and the council have alot to answer for. I think Nagato said Konoha killed the people he loved, and I don't know why they did, so he thinks they're evil. The different villages are always vying to be the top. Konoha no doubt did some questionable things to rise on top, but when does it stop being a matter of politics and become a matter of good or evil? Who has the right to even make that call?

AnimeMadness

[256]Feb 28, 2009
    • level: 22
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    AnimeMadness wrote:
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    Marmalade_girl wrote:
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    Marmalade_girl wrote:
    CaneSmash82 wrote:

Who says any other Uchiha would have done it too? Itachi had a choice. He just chose the stupid one and killed innocents. Sasuke was all alone and having another Uchiha with him would have helped him get over wanting revenge.

Who says they wouldn't? Uchiha are headstrong. But just because Itachi had no choice doesn't mean it was stupid. Sasuke having another Uchiha with him would have given him all the more reason to seek revenge because he would have back-up from a person who would feel the same exact pain as he did. Besides, Sasuke's parents would still be dead and he would still want to avenge them.

CaneSmash82

[257]Feb 28, 2009
    AnimeMadness wrote:
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    AnimeMadness wrote:
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    Marmalade_girl wrote:
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    Marmalade_girl wrote:
    CaneSmash82 wrote:

Who says they wouldn't? Uchiha are headstrong. But just because Itachi had no choice doesn't mean it was stupid. Sasuke having another Uchiha with him would have given him all the more reason to seek revenge because he would have back-up from a person who would feel the same exact pain as he did. Besides, Sasuke's parents would still be dead and he would still want to avenge them.

Not everybody is weak willed like Sasuke. That wouldn't give him more of a reason. That would give him LESS of a reason. Yes he would still want to do that but it doesn't mean he would have gone with Orochimaru. Also Itachi did have a choice. He chose the stupid choice of killing innocents.
    Edited on 02/28/2009 1:41pm

firefox59

[258]Feb 28, 2009
    • level: 19
    SSj022 wrote:
    firefox59 wrote:
    heylingal wrote:
    firefox59 wrote:
    heylingal wrote:
    Yeah, I really don't know if Itachi is the least evil of the akatsuki, but I think that it is pretty obvious after the 6-8 chapter explanation of Itachi's past that Kishi didn't want him to be seen as evil.
    That is true. But Itachi's intentions are still somewhat hazy. There are still two contradicting fairly credible stories about him.

jinta44

[259]Mar 1, 2009
    • level: 9
    still love creates hate.

in order to protect something he needed to give something away.

but still he is a murderer . itachgi is a murderer no matter how you look at it I don't see how it can be justified how one might killed her own mom who I dont think did not have to do with anything. even if she knew about the plot I dont think itachi's father wanted her involved when they were about to tak over.

many of people itachi killed were innocints. so he is a murderer in that sense.

he did it for greater good. problem is there really that greater good that he describes. even if he did sacrifice one day konoha can crumble. no matter the sacrifices someone wil always come down the road and take something from you. sacrifices can be in vain.

tvcrazy12

[260]Mar 2, 2009
    • level: 16
    xTokiWartoothx wrote:
    pikastatic100 wrote:
    xTokiWartoothx wrote:
    tvcrazy12 wrote:
    xTokiWartoothx wrote:
    many of them are not evil at all, malevolence is what can be considered evil. itachi was selfless, pein is doing it because he believes it will bring peace, konan is doing it for her loyalty to nagato

evil would be kakuzu, hidan, sasori, deidara, and kisame because their motivations for doing things are in order, greed, a religion that's basis is to create pain and suffering, self-preservation no matter who has to pay, the art of destruction, and in general just likes the hunt

zetsu's motivations are unknown
    i dont really think sasori was all that evil

really? he killed people and made their bodies into puppets! if that's not evil then i don't know what is, lol

Not only that, he did it for sport. That makes what he did even more evil, if you ask me.

yeah really, he and kakuzu are almost the same person minus the greed.
    lol i didnt say he wasn't evil, just not as evil as yall make him out to be.