Naruto Forums

TV Tokyo (ended 2007)

Narutards Unite!: Get back our dubs!

How many E-mail addresses did you complain from?

Tskyonmai07

[21]Mar 9, 2009
    • level: 14
    springBOOB wrote:
    i have 3 accounts on the job to demand bringing back dub. too bad they have the same name and are on different providers
    way to go springBOOB NOW THAT'S DEDICATION
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

xTokiWartoothx

[22]Mar 9, 2009
    • level: 10
    jeeze you all really need a chill pill. it'll be back once they finish with the subs, which, you know, they've kinda owed sub watchers since 2005, when the license (which brought you the dub in the first place) nearly killed our chances to watch the sub. (and we were there first so it's only fair)

Ranemoraken

[23]Mar 9, 2009
    • level: 20
    Well, remember, it only takes one reply. One bored yet knowledgeable e-mail reader who takes the effort to detail it to one of us. Then the rest will learn of it. And in the Temari/sasuke interview, he mentioned only doing a couple of the shippudden lines. They do not necessarily need to do the episodes in order. I'd also like to have a readable source, rather than "I asked so and so at this conference,".

ANN released a note on Naruto recently. It basically said that no one knows of anything related to naruto dubs other than there are currently no planned episodes in the future.

CaneSmash82

[24]Mar 10, 2009
    • level: 5
    xTokiWartoothx wrote:
    jeeze you all really need a chill pill. it'll be back once they finish with the subs, which, you know, they've kinda owed sub watchers since 2005, when the license (which brought you the dub in the first place) nearly killed our chances to watch the sub. (and we were there first so it's only fair)

Looks like you missed my post in the other thread. Viz has nothing to do with the dub airing on CN. It is CN's fault that they are not airing the episodes.

qtwanderer

[25]Mar 10, 2009
    • level: 27
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    xTokiWartoothx wrote:

Looks like you missed my post in the other thread. Viz has nothing to do with the dub airing on CN. It is CN's fault that they are not airing the episodes.
    Down with the heathens?

nacholibre92

[26]Mar 10, 2009
    • level: 24
    This is the last week Viz is subbing Shippuden and then they're caught up with Japan.

CaneSmash82

[27]Mar 10, 2009
    nacholibre92 wrote:
    This is the last week Viz is subbing Shippuden and then they're caught up with Japan.

Good for their crappy subs. I'm just glad that fansub groups are still going.
    Edited on 03/10/2009 10:13am
    Edited 2 total times.

Eddy654

[28]Mar 10, 2009
    • level: 18
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    nacholibre92 wrote:

There not crappy, there subs are pretty adequate. Is it because of your hate for Viz making you hate everything they do...
    Edited on 03/10/2009 10:24am

CaneSmash82

[29]Mar 10, 2009
    Eddy654 wrote:
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    nacholibre92 wrote:

There not crappy, there subs are pretty adequate. Is it because of your hate for Viz making you hate everything they do...

Wrong. Making Deidara call Sasori "my man" was a completely stupid thing. It proves that their translations are horrible.

Eddy654

[30]Mar 10, 2009
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    Eddy654 wrote:
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    nacholibre92 wrote:

Wrong. Making Deidara call Sasori "my man" was a completely stupid thing. It proves that their translations are horrible.
    Yeah that was at the begining of their subbing process they have gotten a lot better and they add more swear words which they substituted with other words. Also maybe it wasnt the smartest thing but maybe they were trying to establish Deidara and Sasori relationship as partners. But anyways there not horrible just by doing one invalid thing you'd call something horrible. Theres nothing wrong with there translations either they are pretty accurate and are simular to Dattebayo's, because on one episode I was comparing subs to see if they would be simular and they were pretty simular so that tells me that both must be pretty accurate if they have simular subs.
    Edited on 03/10/2009 10:53am

CaneSmash82

[31]Mar 10, 2009
    Eddy654 wrote:
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    Eddy654 wrote:
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    nacholibre92 wrote:

Yeah that was at the begining of their subbing process they have gotten a lot better and they add more swear words which they substituted with other words. Also maybe it wasnt the smartest thing but maybe they were trying to establish Deidara and Sasori relationship as partners. But anyways there not horrible just by doing one invalid thing you'd call something horrible. Theres nothing wrong with there translations either they are pretty accurate and are simular to Dattebayo's, because on one episode I was comparing subs to see if they would be simular and they were pretty simular so that tells me that both must be pretty accurate if they have simular subs.

Calling Tobi a child also or whatever the line was used. I'm not going to use Viz's ever. There are much better out there.

Eddy654

[32]Mar 10, 2009
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    Eddy654 wrote:
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    Eddy654 wrote:
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    nacholibre92 wrote:

Calling Tobi a child also or whatever the line was used. I'm not going to use Viz's ever. There are much better out there.
    Your mad because Viz had a slighty different translation... Wow but I should of known deabting with you over something like this would be stupid. Also I'm not calling Viz's subs the best nor are they ther worst or horrible I know all I need to know about their subs because I have watched every episode that have their subs. You on the other hand think because you watched a few episodes you know all you need to know, please things change as well as the quality of their subs.

CaneSmash82

[33]Mar 10, 2009
    Eddy654 wrote:
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    Eddy654 wrote:
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    Eddy654 wrote:
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    nacholibre92 wrote:

Your mad because Viz had a slighty different translation... Wow but I should of known deabting with you over something like this would be stupid. Also I'm not calling Viz's subs the best nor are they ther worst or horrible I know all I need to know about their subs because I have watched every episode that have their subs. You on the other hand think because you watched a few episodes you know all you need to know, please things change as well as the quality of their subs.

Why bother watching their subs when you can watch higher quality fansubs?

Eddy654

[34]Mar 10, 2009
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    Eddy654 wrote:
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    Eddy654 wrote:
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    Eddy654 wrote:
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    nacholibre92 wrote:

Maybe because I actually enjoy watching there subs cause they also are in pretty good quality. As I said there not the best subs but I know how to make things work. Also I wanna know what fansubs are you talking about anyways...

CaneSmash82

[35]Mar 10, 2009
    Eddy654 wrote:
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    Eddy654 wrote:
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    Eddy654 wrote:
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    Eddy654 wrote:
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    nacholibre92 wrote:

Maybe because I actually enjoy watching there subs cause they also are in pretty good quality. As I said there not the best subs but I know how to make things work. Also I wanna know what fansubs are you talking about anyways...

Taka. I see no real point in watching Viz subs.

Eddy654

[36]Mar 10, 2009
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    Eddy654 wrote:
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    Eddy654 wrote:
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    Eddy654 wrote:
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    Eddy654 wrote:
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    nacholibre92 wrote:

Taka. I see no real point in watching Viz subs.
    You may not but I do. I guess its time for me to check this fansub out.

CaneSmash82

[37]Mar 10, 2009
    Eddy654 wrote:

What possible reason could there be to watch theirs?

Eddy654

[38]Mar 10, 2009
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    Eddy654 wrote:

But you have to ask yourself why not watch it, also because I dont have to download. My computer isnt all that fast so I dont really like to download things. Anyways another reason is because I personally like Viz and how they handle their products so I knew I had to check it out and I grew to like them.

CaneSmash82

[39]Mar 10, 2009
    Eddy654 wrote:
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    Eddy654 wrote:

But you have to ask yourself why not watch it, also because I dont have to download. My computer isnt all that fast so I dont really like to download things. Anyways another reason is because I personally like Viz and how they handle their products so I knew I had to check it out and I grew to like them.

Why would I ask myself such a stupid question?

Eddy654

[40]Mar 10, 2009
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    Eddy654 wrote:
    CaneSmash82 wrote:
    Eddy654 wrote:

Why would I ask myself such a stupid question?
    I was referring to myself when I said that as part of my reasons why I watch Viz's subs. I know you hate Viz so I didnt expect you to ask yourself that in the first place.
    Edited on 03/10/2009 2:14pm