Naruto Forums

TV Tokyo (ended 2007)

naruto coming to disney xd!

shadowysea07

[61]Oct 2, 2009
    • level: 25
    its a good sign but we still have to wait for deidara losing both his arms and hidan losing his head before i'll make a decision of the dub.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

saiyanman123

[62]Oct 2, 2009
    • level: 5

shadowysea07 wrote:
    its a good sign but we still have to wait for deidara losing both his arms and hidan losing his head before i'll make a decision of the dub.

LOL thats true.

DuoMaxwell007

[63]Oct 3, 2009
    • level: 12
    so according to that schedule theyll be showing 4 episodes a week? thats good at least

animation_luver

[64]Oct 3, 2009
    • level: 3
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    No_Hablo_Ingles wrote:

ranger8060 wrote:
    i wonder why it was named disney XD
    Every time I see "XD" I see someone laughing.... can we al put it inlwr cse from now on?

To answer your question Disney xd is suppose to be for a slighty older group that Nick (Avatar, Danny Phantom, etc.) and cartoonnetwork (with NARUTO!) had. Disney has ALWAYS had problems getting tween boys to market to. That's why they bought Marvel and own the rights to show Naruto. Look at all they have now to market boys

The Spectacular Spider-Man

Silver Surfer

Spider-Man

Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends

Spider-Man Unlimited

Static Shock

Superman

X-Men

X-Men Evolution

Batman

Chaotic

Digimon Data Squad

Fantastic Four

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

The Incredible Hulk

Iron Man

Jackie Chan Adventures

Legend of the Dragon

Monster Buster Club

Naruto Shippuden

What does Cartoonnetwork and Nick that stop this? Bobby Says and Spongebob?

Wait, they have Batman? as in Batman The Animated Series? and Static Shock too? damn awesome.
    Here in Mexico all they got cool is Digimon Frontier (at 7 am) 3 Spiderman animated series (CN got the last one), X-men, Incredible Hulk and maybe Iron Man too all at the very start of the day...
    to the other person: spongebob still dominates the charts and icarly is a pretty big hit show too (it actually has better ratings than alot of disney shows) also boomerang sometimes shows batman(or at least batman movies) and alot of the shows you mentioned are aired either when people are at school or asleep and the entire first season of spectacular spider man has already aired on cwkids which disney xd still hasnt finished completely aired. on top of that the entire season 2 set is on youtube and people have already watched it there so that means if season 1 manages to get enough ratings for a 2nd season people probably wont watch since theyve seen it online. dont forget that cartoonetwork has star wars the clone wars which im pretty sure is their number 1 show. so everything isnt as black and white as you think. did i also mention that nicktoons has wolverine and the xmen and the new iron man show? (among other hit cartoons)

tl;dr: dont think that just because disney xd has alot of hit action cartoons that no other network can challenge it

Edited on 10/03/2009 11:32am

No_Hablo_Ingles

[65]Oct 3, 2009
    • level: 9
    ...Did you really just refer to me as "the other person." I'll wait till you call me by my username to prove you wrong.

saiyanman123

[66]Oct 3, 2009
    • level: 5

DuoMaxwell007 wrote:
    so according to that schedule theyll be showing 4 episodes a week? thats good at least

Im not so sure about that. They probably will just air the first 4 episodes that week, then after that it will probably just an episode a week.

ranger8060

[67]Oct 3, 2009
    • level: 7
    am i the only one who hates tsunades dubbed voicee? o_0

shadowysea07

[68]Oct 3, 2009
    • level: 25
    no i hate it too

animation_luver

[69]Oct 5, 2009
    • level: 3
    No_Hablo_Ingles wrote:
    ...Did you really just refer to me as "the other person." I'll wait till you call me by my username to prove you wrong.
    if youre using that as an excuse to not reply me then obviously you dont have much to say -_- besides i actually have disney xd so i know what im talking about

No_Hablo_Ingles

[70]Oct 5, 2009
    animation_luver wrote:
    No_Hablo_Ingles wrote:
    if youre using that as an excuse to not reply me then obviously you dont have much to say -_- besides i actually have disney xd so i know what im talking about
    I am not know for not being able to prove what I say; I would just perfer you show me the respect by either quoting ME, or calling me by my username. (After I finish this I will reply to your previous comment)

No_Hablo_Ingles

[71]Oct 5, 2009
    animation_luver wrote:
    to the other person: spongebob still dominates the charts and icarly is a pretty big hit show too (it actually has better ratings than alot of disney shows) also boomerang sometimes shows batman(or at least batman movies) and alot of the shows you mentioned are aired either when people are at school or asleep and the entire first season of spectacular spider man has already aired on cwkids which disney xd still hasnt finished completely aired. on top of that the entire season 2 set is on youtube and people have already watched it there so that means if season 1 manages to get enough ratings for a 2nd season people probably wont watch since theyve seen it online. dont forget that cartoonetwork has star wars the clone wars which im pretty sure is their number 1 show. so everything isnt as black and white as you think. did i also mention that nicktoons has wolverine and the xmen and the new iron man show? (among other hit cartoons)

tl;dr: dont think that just because disney xd has alot of hit action cartoons that no other network can challenge it

Spongebob is not dominating the charts. The ONLY reason it appears that way is because shows like Naruto are no longer aired. Please tell me if I'm wrong, but didn't Naruto use to the top show on this site?

I was only counting animated show, but since you want to bring up "iCarly" I will bring up two names that are BIGGER from Disney, Hannah Montana and So Random. Those shows BOTH have better reviews then iCarly. That's no even counting shows like JONAS, The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, and Wizards of Waverly Place.

I get home from school at 2:15 so here is the shows I can catch after arriving home today
    2:00 PM X-Men: Evolution "Speed and Spyke" TV-Y7, FV
    2:30 PM X-Men: Evolution "Middleverse" TV-Y7, FV
    3:00 PM Static Shock "Consequences" TV-Y7, FV
    Tomorrow
    2:00 PM Spider-Man "Attack of the Octobot" TV-Y7, FV
    2:30 PM Spider-Man "Enter the Green Goblin" TV-Y7,FV
    3:00 PM Static Shock "Duped" TV-Y7, FV

And yes, some of the shows that I mentioned come on at an early or late time, but that's why God created TiVo o_O

Yeah... Cartoonnetwork has Starwars... This isn't the 70's.... Star wars is no long "cool," nor is it relevant. Lucas is simply trying to Profit of something sincee he can't come up with any new ideas. HAVE YOU SEEN THE LAST INDIANA JONES MOVIE! IT WAS GOD AWFUL!

Star Wars: Clone wars is so bad it got someone to write this as a review

Terrible, 4 March 2009 Author: Movie_Reviewer123 Despite being a Star Wars fan, I can easily say this and the other Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated movie upon which this is based are just plain terrible. The story lines are generic with no creativity. The cartoon never mentions anything about the Clone Wars era itself, such as the underlying evil of the Republic or the fact that the CIS wasn't led by Grievous or Dooku, but was led by Sidious (Palpatine), so there really isn't much of a connection to this and the the actual movie (the live-action one, not the animated one).

The battles in this show range from stupid to horrendous. One Clone trooper apparently can slaughter 1500 Battle Droids with relative ease, and all the droids really do is make some kind of idiotic self-insult about their own stupidity. Even when they do try to kill the clones, they rarely hit anything: Imagine if a platoon of 500 droids stood 1 foot away from the side of a barn, and if they fired for 15 minutes straight with their regular blaster rifles with the accuracy they're shown as having in the show, they wouldn't have hit the barn a single time. It'd take them 45 minutes to hit the side of the barn, and that'd only be 1 hit; that's how bad their accuracy is shown as in the show.

Anakin is shown as an immortal being, capable of destroying millions of enemies without taking a scratch. Obi-Wan rarely plays any important roles in the series, and for some inexplicable reason, he's always wearing Clone shoulder armor. Yoda looks ridiculous; his eyes are gigantic and he's even shorter than he is in the movie. The music is decent. All-in-all, the show is nothing but overrated garbage. Star Wars fans will be disappointed with the show, and non-Star Wars fans will utterly despise it.

Nick WILL LOSE Wolverine and the X-Men along with Ironman, since both of them belong, or rather BELONGED, to Marvel; which Disney purchased. What does Cartoonnetwork have? Go on the Animation forum; there is about 100 comment about "What can save Cartoonnetwork."

As far as Nick goes, I have never, nor will I ever, watch Spongebob. I stopped watching Nick after Danny Phantom and The Avatar.

Do you still think I don't have a lot to say?

Edited on 10/05/2009 12:00pm

chicamusica12

[72]Oct 7, 2009
    • level: 13
    saiyanman123 wrote:

GUYS, CHECK THIS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f604bbhvWhk

It was taken offf. What was it about?

edmasterchaos

[73]Oct 7, 2009
    • level: 41
    No_Hablo_Ingles wrote:
    animation_luver wrote:

Spongebob is not dominating the charts. The ONLY reason it appears that way is because shows like Naruto are no longer aired. Please tell me if I'm wrong, but didn't Naruto use to the top show on this site?

I was only counting animated show, but since you want to bring up "iCarly" I will bring up two names that are BIGGER from Disney, Hannah Montana and So Random. Those shows BOTH have better reviews then iCarly. That's no even counting shows like JONAS, The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, and Wizards of Waverly Place.

I get home from school at 2:15 so here is the shows I can catch after arriving home today
    2:00 PM X-Men: Evolution "Speed and Spyke" TV-Y7, FV
    2:30 PM X-Men: Evolution "Middleverse" TV-Y7, FV
    3:00 PM Static Shock "Consequences" TV-Y7, FV
    Tomorrow
    2:00 PM Spider-Man "Attack of the Octobot" TV-Y7, FV
    2:30 PM Spider-Man "Enter the Green Goblin" TV-Y7,FV
    3:00 PM Static Shock "Duped" TV-Y7, FV

And yes, some of the shows that I mentioned come on at an early or late time, but that's why God created TiVo o_O

Yeah... Cartoonnetwork has Starwars... This isn't the 70's.... Star wars is no long "cool," nor is it relevant. Lucas is simply trying to Profit of something sincee he can't come up with any new ideas. HAVE YOU SEEN THE LAST INDIANA JONES MOVIE! IT WAS GOD AWFUL!

Star Wars: Clone wars is so bad it got someone to write this as a review

Terrible, 4 March 2009 Author: Movie_Reviewer123 Despite being a Star Wars fan, I can easily say this and the other Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated movie upon which this is based are just plain terrible. The story lines are generic with no creativity. The cartoon never mentions anything about the Clone Wars era itself, such as the underlying evil of the Republic or the fact that the CIS wasn't led by Grievous or Dooku, but was led by Sidious (Palpatine), so there really isn't much of a connection to this and the the actual movie (the live-action one, not the animated one).

The battles in this show range from stupid to horrendous. One Clone trooper apparently can slaughter 1500 Battle Droids with relative ease, and all the droids really do is make some kind of idiotic self-insult about their own stupidity. Even when they do try to kill the clones, they rarely hit anything: Imagine if a platoon of 500 droids stood 1 foot away from the side of a barn, and if they fired for 15 minutes straight with their regular blaster rifles with the accuracy they're shown as having in the show, they wouldn't have hit the barn a single time. It'd take them 45 minutes to hit the side of the barn, and that'd only be 1 hit; that's how bad their accuracy is shown as in the show.

Anakin is shown as an immortal being, capable of destroying millions of enemies without taking a scratch. Obi-Wan rarely plays any important roles in the series, and for some inexplicable reason, he's always wearing Clone shoulder armor. Yoda looks ridiculous; his eyes are gigantic and he's even shorter than he is in the movie. The music is decent. All-in-all, the show is nothing but overrated garbage. Star Wars fans will be disappointed with the show, and non-Star Wars fans will utterly despise it.

Nick WILL LOSE Wolverine and the X-Men along with Ironman, since both of them belong, or rather BELONGED, to Marvel; which Disney purchased. What does Cartoonnetwork have? Go on the Animation forum; there is about 100 comment about "What can save Cartoonnetwork."

As far as Nick goes, I have never, nor will I ever, watch Spongebob. I stopped watching Nick after Danny Phantom and The Avatar.

Do you still think I don't have a lot to say?

*butts in*

XD NARUTO HAVING MORE RATINGS THAN SPONGEBOB IN THE U.S.?! XD lol, no.
    See spongebob has the biggest ratings, it sucks, but it's the truth, that sponge dominates ratings. Even when Naruto aired on tv it never really beated Spongebob's prime time ratings (in a trustworthy weekly week you can see spongebob has 3-5 of the top 15 spots every week, Nick won the monopoly of cable tv with it's spongebob stunts)

to make things simple, MONEY MONEY MONEY wise, Nick has a huge cash cow, Disney XD is disney so although not winning as much they can easily out live Nick, and CN... well, Batman BaB and Star Wars Clone Wars (thing i can say, that Anakin is waaaaaaaaaaaay better than the pre-quel movies one, though that's not saying much.)

And batman isn't just a super lone veteran who's hurt past drives him in close insanity for his righteous reasons, yes that's the most common interpretation, and has worked wonders over the years, but this more light-hearted Batman is still close to his comic book origins and is entertaining, but not in the same way, you can dislike him, but it's not so much that it "OMFGZ SUXX" as much as "It is simply not the kind of Batman I like."

No_Hablo_Ingles

[74]Oct 7, 2009
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    *butts in*

XD NARUTO HAVING MORE RATINGS THAN SPONGEBOB IN THE U.S.?! XD lol, no.
    See spongebob has the biggest ratings, it sucks, but it's the truth, that sponge dominates ratings. Even when Naruto aired on tv it never really beated Spongebob's prime time ratings (in a trustworthy weekly week you can see spongebob has 3-5 of the top 15 spots every week, Nick won the monopoly of cable tv with it's spongebob stunts)

to make things simple, MONEY MONEY MONEY wise, Nick has a huge cash cow, Disney XD is disney so although not winning as much they can easily out live Nick, and CN... well, Batman BaB and Star Wars Clone Wars (thing i can say, that Anakin is waaaaaaaaaaaay better than the pre-quel movies one, though that's not saying much.)

And batman isn't just a super lone veteran who's hurt past drives him in close insanity for his righteous reasons, yes that's the most common interpretation, and has worked wonders over the years, but this more light-hearted Batman is still close to his comic book origins and is entertaining, but not in the same way, you can dislike him, but it's not so much that it "OMFGZ SUXX" as much as "It is simply not the kind of Batman I like."

I didn't say Naruto Shuppiden, I said Naruto. Naruto was the highest rated show on this website several years ago. I know that for a FACT.

"Light-hearted Batman" is an Oxymoron... Even when he had Robin *the first one* he wasn't "light-hearted." That is basically all I read.

edmasterchaos

[75]Oct 7, 2009
    *was also speaking of Naruto*
    Give me the numbers man, give me a list that says that Naruto got more views than spongebob in the U.S.

Well, bummer for you. IDK if you care, but the true origin story will come in a future episode soon. (not the Joker killed his parents bull crap)

No_Hablo_Ingles

[76]Oct 7, 2009

edmasterchaos wrote:
    *was also speaking of Naruto* Give me the numbers man, give me a list that says that Naruto got more views than spongebob in the U.S. Well, bummer for you. IDK if you care, but the true origin story will come in a future episode soon. (not the Joker killed his parents bull crap)

Ask Scatha or QTW, or even X-626. Naruto WAS the highest rated show on Tv.com.

edmasterchaos

[77]Oct 7, 2009
    No_Hablo_Ingles wrote:

edmasterchaos wrote:
    *was also speaking of Naruto* Give me the numbers man, give me a list that says that Naruto got more views than spongebob in the U.S. Well, bummer for you. IDK if you care, but the true origin story will come in a future episode soon. (not the Joker killed his parents bull crap)

Yeah, i'm talking about tv ratings, i know it was popular here, but this is an internet forum, it means nothing. Heroes was number one here even during third season and it's a very wel hated series.

No_Hablo_Ingles

[78]Oct 7, 2009
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    No_Hablo_Ingles wrote:

edmasterchaos wrote:

Yeah, i'm talking about tv ratings, i know it was popular here, but this is an internet forum, it means nothing. Heroes was number one here even during third season and it's a very wel hated series.

I don't trust tv ratings... they ONLY include tvs that have recording devices. Making them inaccurate at best. Internet forums are far more accurate, in my opinion, because so many different point of view meet on forums.

edmasterchaos

[79]Oct 7, 2009
    No_Hablo_Ingles wrote:
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    No_Hablo_Ingles wrote:

edmasterchaos wrote:

I don't trust tv ratings... they ONLY include tvs that have recording devices. Making them inaccurate at best. Internet forums are far more accurate, in my opinion, because so many different point of view meet on forums.

*facepalm*
    Ok, i can't refute your first statement that much since i am not entirely sure on how the ratings work in teh u.s., but i am almost certain that most tv devices are detected.
    How does oen forum over the internet validate how much money something makes over tv ratings? we're not talking how good the fans are, or how smart they are, we are talking how many people watch, and the internet is big, yes that was a stupid sentence but it's true, this site hardly has a percentage of all the people who watch tv, so something popular here isn't just for that giving tons of ratings and loads of money to a network, see avatar it was number 1 for a good while and had good ratings, but they weren't that great of ratings. (yes it was nick's fault, but that's besides the point)

No_Hablo_Ingles

[80]Oct 7, 2009
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    No_Hablo_Ingles wrote:
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    No_Hablo_Ingles wrote:

edmasterchaos wrote:

*facepalm*
    Ok, i can't refute your first statement that much since i am not entirely sure on how the ratings work in teh u.s., but i am almost certain that most tv devices are detected.
    How does oen forum over the internet validate how much money something makes over tv ratings? we're not talking how good the fans are, or how smart they are, we are talking how many people watch, and the internet is big, yes that was a stupid sentence but it's true, this site hardly has a percentage of all the people who watch tv, so something popular here isn't just for that giving tons of ratings and loads of money to a network, see avatar it was number 1 for a good while and had good ratings, but they weren't that great of ratings. (yes it was nick's fault, but that's besides the point)

http://en-us.nielsen.com/tab/measurement/tv_research (how tv ratings work)

Rating has nothing to do with money. Yes Spongebob makes more (That fact kills me inside) but that certainly has nothing to do with how many people watch it, or how much they like it.

I liked the Avatar... Just didn't like how they took like a year and a half off.