Naruto Forums

TV Tokyo (ended 2007)

naruto coming to disney xd!

animation_luver

[81]Oct 8, 2009
    • level: 3
    No_Hablo_Ingles wrote:
    animation_luver wrote:
    to the other person: spongebob still dominates the charts and icarly is a pretty big hit show too (it actually has better ratings than alot of disney shows) also boomerang sometimes shows batman(or at least batman movies) and alot of the shows you mentioned are aired either when people are at school or asleep and the entire first season of spectacular spider man has already aired on cwkids which disney xd still hasnt finished completely aired. on top of that the entire season 2 set is on youtube and people have already watched it there so that means if season 1 manages to get enough ratings for a 2nd season people probably wont watch since theyve seen it online. dont forget that cartoonetwork has star wars the clone wars which im pretty sure is their number 1 show. so everything isnt as black and white as you think. did i also mention that nicktoons has wolverine and the xmen and the new iron man show? (among other hit cartoons)

tl;dr: dont think that just because disney xd has alot of hit action cartoons that no other network can challenge it

Spongebob is not dominating the charts. The ONLY reason it appears that way is because shows like Naruto are no longer aired. Please tell me if I'm wrong, but didn't Naruto use to the top show on this site?

I was only counting animated show, but since you want to bring up "iCarly" I will bring up two names that are BIGGER from Disney, Hannah Montana and So Random. Those shows BOTH have better reviews then iCarly. That's no even counting shows like JONAS, The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, and Wizards of Waverly Place.

I get home from school at 2:15 so here is the shows I can catch after arriving home today
    2:00 PM X-Men: Evolution "Speed and Spyke" TV-Y7, FV
    2:30 PM X-Men: Evolution "Middleverse" TV-Y7, FV
    3:00 PM Static Shock "Consequences" TV-Y7, FV
    Tomorrow
    2:00 PM Spider-Man "Attack of the Octobot" TV-Y7, FV
    2:30 PM Spider-Man "Enter the Green Goblin" TV-Y7,FV
    3:00 PM Static Shock "Duped" TV-Y7, FV

And yes, some of the shows that I mentioned come on at an early or late time, but that's why God created TiVo o_O

Yeah... Cartoonnetwork has Starwars... This isn't the 70's.... Star wars is no long "cool," nor is it relevant. Lucas is simply trying to Profit of something sincee he can't come up with any new ideas. HAVE YOU SEEN THE LAST INDIANA JONES MOVIE! IT WAS GOD AWFUL!

Star Wars: Clone wars is so bad it got someone to write this as a review

Terrible, 4 March 2009 Author: Movie_Reviewer123 Despite being a Star Wars fan, I can easily say this and the other Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated movie upon which this is based are just plain terrible. The story lines are generic with no creativity. The cartoon never mentions anything about the Clone Wars era itself, such as the underlying evil of the Republic or the fact that the CIS wasn't led by Grievous or Dooku, but was led by Sidious (Palpatine), so there really isn't much of a connection to this and the the actual movie (the live-action one, not the animated one).

The battles in this show range from stupid to horrendous. One Clone trooper apparently can slaughter 1500 Battle Droids with relative ease, and all the droids really do is make some kind of idiotic self-insult about their own stupidity. Even when they do try to kill the clones, they rarely hit anything: Imagine if a platoon of 500 droids stood 1 foot away from the side of a barn, and if they fired for 15 minutes straight with their regular blaster rifles with the accuracy they're shown as having in the show, they wouldn't have hit the barn a single time. It'd take them 45 minutes to hit the side of the barn, and that'd only be 1 hit; that's how bad their accuracy is shown as in the show.

Anakin is shown as an immortal being, capable of destroying millions of enemies without taking a scratch. Obi-Wan rarely plays any important roles in the series, and for some inexplicable reason, he's always wearing Clone shoulder armor. Yoda looks ridiculous; his eyes are gigantic and he's even shorter than he is in the movie. The music is decent. All-in-all, the show is nothing but overrated garbage. Star Wars fans will be disappointed with the show, and non-Star Wars fans will utterly despise it.

Nick WILL LOSE Wolverine and the X-Men along with Ironman, since both of them belong, or rather BELONGED, to Marvel; which Disney purchased. What does Cartoonnetwork have? Go on the Animation forum; there is about 100 comment about "What can save Cartoonnetwork."

As far as Nick goes, I have never, nor will I ever, watch Spongebob. I stopped watching Nick after Danny Phantom and The Avatar.

Do you still think I don't have a lot to say?

xmen evolution and static shock are like the only 2 shows that are shown when people are awake. every now and then they show spiderman but mostly just static hock and xmen. theres a website i go to to see the ratings for tv shows and spongebob is still dominating the charts. just because a show is number 1 on tv.com doesnt mean it is in real life. i remember when kyle xy was number 1 on tv.com but in real life american idol was the actual number 1 show and just because a show has good reviews doesnt mean its more successful. high school musical 3 had awful reviews but it was a giant success. same goes for transformers 2. the clone wars is set to a more modern time with 3d animation and its not focused on luke skywalker. its actually cartoonetworks number 1 show right now it made history as the biggest cartoonetwork debut held to date (which means more than 7.2) so obviously the show has fans. sonny with a chance is like the only show on disney that has better ratings than icarly. jonas actually has the lowest ratings on disney followed by hannah montana (thanks to all that bad publicity she gets) even though its still popular. just because disney owns marvel doent mean that everything marvel related on other networks will come to an abrupt stop. fanatastic 4 came to nicktoons a few weeks ago and this was AFTER disney bought marvel. so obviously they dont have as a big of a monopoly over marvelas you think. your turn
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

No_Hablo_Ingles

[82]Oct 8, 2009
    • level: 9
    animation_luver wrote:
    No_Hablo_Ingles wrote:
    animation_luver wrote:
    to the other person: spongebob still dominates the charts and icarly is a pretty big hit show too (it actually has better ratings than alot of disney shows) also boomerang sometimes shows batman(or at least batman movies) and alot of the shows you mentioned are aired either when people are at school or asleep and the entire first season of spectacular spider man has already aired on cwkids which disney xd still hasnt finished completely aired. on top of that the entire season 2 set is on youtube and people have already watched it there so that means if season 1 manages to get enough ratings for a 2nd season people probably wont watch since theyve seen it online. dont forget that cartoonetwork has star wars the clone wars which im pretty sure is their number 1 show. so everything isnt as black and white as you think. did i also mention that nicktoons has wolverine and the xmen and the new iron man show? (among other hit cartoons)

tl;dr: dont think that just because disney xd has alot of hit action cartoons that no other network can challenge it

Spongebob is not dominating the charts. The ONLY reason it appears that way is because shows like Naruto are no longer aired. Please tell me if I'm wrong, but didn't Naruto use to the top show on this site?

I was only counting animated show, but since you want to bring up "iCarly" I will bring up two names that are BIGGER from Disney, Hannah Montana and So Random. Those shows BOTH have better reviews then iCarly. That's no even counting shows like JONAS, The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, and Wizards of Waverly Place.

I get home from school at 2:15 so here is the shows I can catch after arriving home today
    Tomorrow

And yes, some of the shows that I mentioned come on at an early or late time, but that's why God created TiVo o_O

Yeah... Cartoonnetwork has Starwars... This isn't the 70's.... Star wars is no long "cool," nor is it relevant. Lucas is simply trying to Profit of something sincee he can't come up with any new ideas. HAVE YOU SEEN THE LAST INDIANA JONES MOVIE! IT WAS GOD AWFUL!

Terrible, 4 March 2009 Author: Movie_Reviewer123 Despite being a Star Wars fan, I can easily say this and the other Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated movie upon which this is based are just plain terrible. The story lines are generic with no creativity. The cartoon never mentions anything about the Clone Wars era itself, such as the underlying evil of the Republic or the fact that the CIS wasn't led by Grievous or Dooku, but was led by Sidious (Palpatine), so there really isn't much of a connection to this and the the actual movie (the live-action one, not the animated one).

The battles in this show range from stupid to horrendous. One Clone trooper apparently can slaughter 1500 Battle Droids with relative ease, and all the droids really do is make some kind of idiotic self-insult about their own stupidity. Even when they do try to kill the clones, they rarely hit anything: Imagine if a platoon of 500 droids stood 1 foot away from the side of a barn, and if they fired for 15 minutes straight with their regular blaster rifles with the accuracy they're shown as having in the show, they wouldn't have hit the barn a single time. It'd take them 45 minutes to hit the side of the barn, and that'd only be 1 hit; that's how bad their accuracy is shown as in the show.

Anakin is shown as an immortal being, capable of destroying millions of enemies without taking a scratch. Obi-Wan rarely plays any important roles in the series, and for some inexplicable reason, he's always wearing Clone shoulder armor. Yoda looks ridiculous; his eyes are gigantic and he's even shorter than he is in the movie. The music is decent. All-in-all, the show is nothing but overrated garbage. Star Wars fans will be disappointed with the show, and non-Star Wars fans will utterly despise it.

Nick WILL LOSE Wolverine and the X-Men along with Ironman, since both of them belong, or rather BELONGED, to Marvel; which Disney purchased. What does Cartoonnetwork have? Go on the Animation forum; there is about 100 comment about "What can save Cartoonnetwork."

As far as Nick goes, I have never, nor will I ever, watch Spongebob. I stopped watching Nick after Danny Phantom and The Avatar.

xmen evolution and static shock are like the only 2 shows that are shown when people are awake. every now and then they show spiderman but mostly just static hock and xmen. theres a website i go to to see the ratings for tv shows and spongebob is still dominating the charts. just because a show is number 1 on tv.com doesnt mean it is in real life. i remember when kyle xy was number 1 on tv.com but in real life american idol was the actual number 1 show and just because a show has good reviews doesnt mean its more successful. high school musical 3 had awful reviews but it was a giant success. same goes for transformers 2. the clone wars is set to a more modern time with 3d animation and its not focused on luke skywalker. its actually cartoonetworks number 1 show right now it made history as the biggest cartoonetwork debut held to date (which means more than 7.2) so obviously the show has fans. sonny with a chance is like the only show on disney that has better ratings than icarly. jonas actually has the lowest ratings on disney followed by hannah montana (thanks to all that bad publicity she gets) even though its still popular. just because disney owns marvel doent mean that everything marvel related on other networks will come to an abrupt stop. fanatastic 4 came to nicktoons a few weeks ago and this was AFTER disney bought marvel. so obviously they dont have as a big of a monopoly over marvelas you think. your turn

Next time put spaces between your thoughts.... Makes it easier to read

Again GOD CREATED TIVO FOR A REASON. I record shows that come on when I'm awake (like House) because I am doing other things when they are on. No difference from when I am asleep.

Spongebob has NEVER been the #1 show... EVER. The Tv rating system counts less then HALF of the tv in the United States making them about as accurate as someone trying to shoot a Bow and arrow on a moving horse while blindfolded.

Being Cartoonnetworks #1 show is alot like being the smartest kid in a retarded **** Years ago that would have been amazing, but now it just means Star Wars is beating shows like "Destroy, Build, Destroy" and "Boobi Says." That is no great feat.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars is not based off Modern times... It's based off right after the 2nd Prequel of Star Wars ended... The reason it made such a big Debue is because REAL Star Wars fan were expecting something great and got Garbage in return. The put suger on S*** and called it candy.

Disney is going to honor all existing contract until they run out. After that guess who Disney is going to give it to?

Tv has never nor will it ever been a Monopoly, it's a lot more like an Oligopoly

Edit: Just looked it up, The Suite Life on Deck is the Highest rated Kids show...

Edited on 10/08/2009 5:15pm

edmasterchaos

[83]Oct 8, 2009
    • level: 41
    Well, those ratings are what make time slots more expensive for commercials, which are what pay for tv shows, a crappy show with tons of Ratings gets to charge more money for the commercials they air, so they win money, and, yeah, that's about it, nobody cares if you like it or not, Clone Wars and others win viewers, so the network can sell the commercial time slot for more money. #1 ratings just make it clear how really freakin' expensive it is to buy commercials for that time, and that's all that matters for the executives of many parties who relay on tv.

shadowysea07

[84]Oct 9, 2009
    • level: 25

hmm why don't you guys go get the nielson ratings for the largest amount of views an ep of naruto and spongebob got? that will prove will is more popular and end this arguement

No_Hablo_Ingles

[85]Oct 9, 2009
    shadowysea07 wrote:

hmm why don't you guys go get the nielson ratings for the largest amount of views an ep of naruto and spongebob got? that will prove will is more popular and end this arguement

Why didn't you do that and not waste a comment on telling us what to do(This sounds ruder then I want it to... Not trying to be condescending.)

shadowysea07

[86]Oct 9, 2009
    • level: 25
    No_Hablo_Ingles wrote:
    shadowysea07 wrote:

Why didn't you do that and not waste a comment on telling us what to do(This sounds ruder then I want it to... Not trying to be condescending.)

ok one i was only suggesting a way to end the argument quickly and yes your reply is rude. feel free to continue arguing pointlessly without any proof though like fantards.
    Edited on 10/09/2009 5:56am

animation_luver

[87]Oct 9, 2009
    No_Hablo_Ingles wrote:
    animation_luver wrote:
    No_Hablo_Ingles wrote:
    animation_luver wrote:

Tomorrow

Next time put spaces between your thoughts.... Makes it easier to read

Again GOD CREATED TIVO FOR A REASON. I record shows that come on when I'm awake (like House) because I am doing other things when they are on. No difference from when I am asleep.

Spongebob has NEVER been the #1 show... EVER. The Tv rating system counts less then HALF of the tv in the United States making them about as accurate as someone trying to shoot a Bow and arrow on a moving horse while blindfolded.

Being Cartoonnetworks #1 show is alot like being the smartest kid in a retarded **** Years ago that would have been amazing, but now it just means Star Wars is beating shows like "Destroy, Build, Destroy" and "Boobi Says." That is no great feat.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars is not based off Modern times... It's based off right after the 2nd Prequel of Star Wars ended... The reason it made such a big Debue is because REAL Star Wars fan were expecting something great and got Garbage in return. The put suger on S*** and called it candy.

Disney is going to honor all existing contract until they run out. After that guess who Disney is going to give it to?

Tv has never nor will it ever been a Monopoly, it's a lot more like an Oligopoly

Edit: Just looked it up, The Suite Life on Deck is the Highest rated Kids show...

fact 1. everyone doesnt have tivo so not everyone can record something when its not on.

fact 2. alot of people dont even know these shows come on because they are ASLEEP when they do

fact 3. just because you dont ike spongebob doesnt mean it has never been the number 1 show.

fact 4. the number 1 kids show fluctuates a few months ago icarly was the number 1 kids show and then later on sonny with a chance and then later on suite life on deck O_o

fact 5. just because something is successful on a channel of FORMER glory doesnt mean it sucks less than the others and when i said modernized i meant the lingo nd the 3d animation

fact 6. just because disney owns marvel doesnt mean no other channel will never have marvel shows again. like i just said, there have been marvel shows that premiered on other networks AFTER disney bought them.

btw i cant take most of the stuff yu say seriously unless you show me some numbers. i can show you some numbers if you wanna see them.

final faaaaaaaactttt the neilsen ratings may only make up of half the tvs but thats definitely alot more accurate than tv.com ratings :

No_Hablo_Ingles

[88]Oct 9, 2009
    shadowysea07 wrote:
    No_Hablo_Ingles wrote:
    shadowysea07 wrote:

ok one i was only suggesting a way to end the argument quickly and yes your reply is rude. feel free to continue arguing pointlessly without any proof though like fantards.

Again, sorry. I really didn't want to come off as rude. I just do not really know a good way to word it. Let me try again.

Wouldn't it had been simpler if you just poste the highest rated Naruto and Spongebob show?

No_Hablo_Ingles

[89]Oct 9, 2009
    animation_luver wrote:

fact 1. everyone doesnt have tivo so not everyone can record something when its not on.

fact 2. alot of people dont even know these shows come on because they are ASLEEP when they do

fact 3. just because you dont ike spongebob doesnt mean it has never been the number 1 show.

fact 4. the number 1 kids show fluctuates a few months ago icarly was the number 1 kids show and then later on sonny with a chance and then later on suite life on deck O_o

fact 5. just because something is successful on a channel of FORMER glory doesnt mean it sucks less than the others and when i said modernized i meant the lingo nd the 3d animation

fact 6. just because disney owns marvel doesnt mean no other channel will never have marvel shows again. like i just said, there have been marvel shows that premiered on other networks AFTER disney bought them.

btw i cant take most of the stuff yu say seriously unless you show me some numbers. i can show you some numbers if you wanna see them.

final faaaaaaaactttt the neilsen ratings may only make up of half the tvs but thats definitely alot more accurate than tv.com ratings :

Fact 1. Not everyone has a TV either... Those people don't get to watch what they want (Yes, I am going to Mock you for your pointless facts)

Fact 2. I would bring up the magical gift of TiVo again, but you will simply say "Not everyone has TiVo" again I will have to restate my first fact again.

Fact 3. I don't watch any of the shows I mentioned, except Naruto. I have never seen Spongebob, nor have I ever seen Suite Life on Deck; nor have I seen JONAS. I don't even WATCH Disney XD. I simply showed you I CAN watch those shows if I wanted to.

Fact 4. No. I believe you said something alone the lines of "The only show that can touch Spongebob and Icarly is Sunny with a Chance and Hannah Montana." Either you aren't looking at recent Ratings which Suite Life on Deck placed in 2 and 5 or you are just making things up.

Fact 5. Star Wars the Clone wars SUCKS. That's a FACT! Do you want me to give you a link to over a dozen Star Wars forums saying it sucks? NO REAL FAN of the Series would watch it.

Fact 6. That because Nick ALREADY Signed a contract with Marvel BEFORE Disney bought them. Note I said BEFORE Disney bought them.

The rating system is flawed. They have to assume so much, like "are the Parents watching with the kids?" "How many people are at the Bar watching te big game?" They assume so much they make a HUGE Ass out of themselves.

Here's your stinking numbers (BTW Football is always number 1...)

Week ending October 4, 2009

1) NFL REGULAR SEASON L (PANTHERS/COWBOYS) ESPN MONDAY8:30 PM 15,705,0002

2) SUITE LIFE ON DECK DSNY FRIDAY8:00 PM 6,808,0003

3) THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER SPIKE WEDNESDAY10:00 PM 5,306,0004

4) SPORTSCENTER: L ESPN MONDAY 11:37 PM 4,119,0005

5) SUITE LIFE ON DECK DSNY FRIDAY 7:30 PM 4,817,000

Edited on 10/09/2009 1:00pm

animation_luver

[90]Oct 9, 2009
    No_Hablo_Ingles wrote:
    animation_luver wrote:

Fact 1. Not everyone has a TV either... Those people don't get to watch what they want (Yes, I am going to Mock you for your pointless facts)

Fact 2. I would bring up the magical gift of TiVo again, but you will simply say "Not everyone has TiVo" again I will have to restate my first fact again.

Fact 3. I don't watch any of the shows I mentioned, except Naruto. I have never seen Spongebob, nor have I ever seen Suite Life on Deck; nor have I seen JONAS. I don't even WATCH Disney XD. I simply showed you I CAN watch those shows if I wanted to.

Fact 4. No. I believe you said something alone the lines of "The only show that can touch Spongebob and Icarly is Sunny with a Chance and Hannah Montana." Either you aren't looking at recent Ratings which Suite Life on Deck placed in 2 and 5 or you are just making things up.

Fact 5. Star Wars the Clone wars SUCKS. That's a FACT! Do you want me to give you a link to over a dozen Star Wars forums saying it sucks? NO REAL FAN of the Series would watch it.

Fact 6. That because Nick ALREADY Signed a contract with Marvel BEFORE Disney bought them. Note I said BEFORE Disney bought them.

The rating system is flawed. They have to assume so much, like "are the Parents watching with the kids?" "How many people are at the Bar watching te big game?" They assume so much they make a HUGE Ass out of themselves.

fact 1 people who dont have tv dont know whats on so they cant be used as part of the ratings system anyways lol

2. i stick to what i said. alot of people dont even have tivo really. besides you cant record something if u dont know it comes on

3. i barely watch tv nowadays as well. i just wanted to show you that disney is not unrivaled

4. ok i was wrong. the top kids show fluctuates but jonas is the lowest rated on disney and icarly and spongebob do better than disney shows on a weekly basisi when new episodes ARE NOT being shown

5. like i said thats your opinion but its still cartoonnetworks number 1 show and it sitll gets good ratings same way how people hate miley but she still has hit music

6. youre making it seem like everything marvel thats not part of disney will come to an end thats why i said that.

as for those ratings those are only for 1 week not general ratings. i know for a fact that football is NOT always number 1 and i check the ratings on a weekly basis. besides suite life is only on the ratings list when they show new episodes but its funny how people watch nick re runs more than they watch disney anmd disney xd re runs =\

p.s. icarly was the number 1 kids show last month and i have proof

Edited on 10/10/2009 7:59am

edmasterchaos

[91]Oct 9, 2009
    • level: 41
    shadowysea07 wrote:
    No_Hablo_Ingles wrote:
    shadowysea07 wrote:

In my defense, he kept saying how "ratings are innacurate therefor they don't serve any purpouse!" so i think it would just strain me for no reason to look them up.

animation_luver

[93]Oct 10, 2009
    No_Hablo_Ingles wrote:
    animation_luver wrote:
    No_Hablo_Ingles wrote:
    animation_luver wrote:

fact 1 people who dont have tv dont know whats on so they cant be used as part of the ratings system anyways lol

2. i stick to what i said. alot of people dont even have tivo really. besides you cant record something if u dont know it comes on

3. i barely watch tv nowadays as well. i just wanted to show you that disney is not unrivaled

4. ok i was wrong. the top kids show fluctuates but jonas is the lowest rated on disney and icarly and spongebob do better than disney shows on a weekly basisi when new episodes ARE NOT being shown

5. like i said thats your opinion but its still cartoonnetworks number 1 show and it sitll gets good ratings same way how people hate miley but she still has hit music

6. youre making it seem like everything marvel will come to an end outsoide of disney thats why i said that

those are only for 1 week not general

to be edited

1. If they DID have TV they could completely change the ratings for a show.

2. TiVo makes suggestions when you record shows that you like. Like if you Record "Naruto" TiVo will suggest you record Bleach.

3. I never said Disney was unrivaled as I said "Kids shows are an Oligopoly not a Monopoly."

4. Your First sentence is all I read. Next time Remember to add "You were right, No_Hablo

5. AND LIKE I SAID, Being the best show on Cartoonnetwork is alot like being the Smartest Kid in a retarded class.

6. Can you word that better... Couldn't understand it...

i edited my last post and i remember in one of your posts you made a list of all the marvel shows disney xd had then you said something like: "what does nick and cn have to compete with that?spongebob and bobbe says?" its the only reason i even started this LOL

im just trying to make a point that even though disney has a whole bunch of action cartoons doesnt meant they barely have any competition because there are other kids networks that have shows that can compete with disney xd action cartoons. thats all im trying to say

Edited on 10/10/2009 12:02pm

saiyanman123

[94]Oct 16, 2009
    • level: 5

heres a new promo, I actually like this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fQ331KE2cA

ranger8060

[95]Oct 18, 2009
    • level: 7
    naruto is officialy on their website. i hate their character descriptions, especially for sakura. also, people just finding out about naruo might have no clue what the heck is going on.

saiyanman123

[96]Oct 19, 2009
    • level: 5

ranger8060 wrote:
    naruto is officialy on their website. i hate their character descriptions, especially for sakura. also, people just finding out about naruo might have no clue what the heck is going on.

lol thats all so true! I saw naruto on the disney xd website yesterday, and when I first saw it, I really thought naruto being on disney xd wasnt so bad.