Naruto Forums

TV Tokyo (ended 2007)

Naruto english dub

SuperVegeta1337

[1]May 17, 2009
    • level: 6
    Sorry if its been asked alot already but why have they stopped makeing naruto in english? its mad because they got to like episode 180 and stopped does anyone know if they are going to continue
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

roo246813579

[3]May 18, 2009
    • level: 2
    shadowysea07 wrote:
    SuperVegeta1337 wrote:
    Sorry if its been asked alot already but why have they stopped makeing naruto in english? its mad because they got to like episode 180 and stopped does anyone know if they are going to continue
    okay first please use the ask a question get an answer thread in the future. viz said they want to continue airing the dub. They still haven't even bothered giving an excuse for the hiatus but thats big business for you. anyway they only have till july to start airing eps cuz the dvd with eps they haven't aired yet will be coming out in the fall i believe. i've been checking viz weekly for info and i check cn every sunday. I wouldn't be surprised if they cancelled it though. they've done the same thing with one piece and a bunch of other shows.

so they're continuing the dub? cuz i have a friend who is ticked that they wont air the dub. and he doesnt have internet to read the manga or watch subs

superstar1986

[4]May 19, 2009
    • level: 10
    shadowysea07 wrote:
    SuperVegeta1337 wrote:
    okay first please use the ask a question get an answer thread in the future. viz said they want to continue airing the dub. They still haven't even bothered giving an excuse for the hiatus but thats big business for you. anyway they only have till july to start airing eps cuz the dvd with eps they haven't aired yet will be coming out in the fall i believe. i've been checking viz weekly for info and i check cn every sunday. I wouldn't be surprised if they cancelled it though. they've done the same thing with one piece and a bunch of other shows.

I wouldn't be suprised either but thats a shame though. Viz should just get its own channel so that everybody could be happy.

Ranemoraken

[5]May 19, 2009
    • level: 20
    Well, I'll break my own rule (sorry Shadow) by answering here as well.

When you have a show, you have to sell it to a network to be aired. So if CN doesn't buy more episodes, then there's not much Viz can do. Even if they buy more episodes, they may not necessarily air them. With the prevalence of Hulu and other video sites, watching shows on TV are becoming less important as they used to be. Viz is putting their own shows up on the Funimation channel, and I think this is a good thing in the long run. As to your question, we most certainly will keep getting dvd's of Naruto uncut like before. number 15 comes out in June, I believe. 16 is unannounced, and that is the one with new dubs - even if it is almost all filler. It's being called the D-day release, because when it comes out, it will mean the death of Naruto on TV.

Of course, with Moribito coming back on AS, this is probably no longer a concern.

shadowysea07

[6]May 19, 2009
    • level: 25

who is moribito and what does as mean adult swim.

i guess it doesn't really matter now that were having a conversation. sorry that my post sounded so harsh i didn't mean for it to sound that way like i was yelling DX.

wow d-day still doesn't have an air date yet? i heard people saying something about the fall. I feel bad for the dub watchers but theres always the internet. and yeah i agree about hule prettymuch taking over tv.

the only shows that are gettig stellar ratings are csi ncis and of course house. csi though lost 6 million of their regular viewers though after the main characters prettymuch left. i still can't believe scrubs smallville and one tree hill are still around when most of their cast is gone. its not like er where they didn't really need a cast to keep the show going. alot of shows got cancelled this year XD. most of them were garbage anyway. a few gems here and there but alot of fools gold.

Naruto averages good ratings though same for spongeboob. i heard they get at least over 9 million when they air reruns. i think its a stupid move to cancell naruto but cartoonlessnetwork hasn't been known for doing the something intelligent in a while. they've gone through 4 presidents in the last 2 years DX. You can tell their doing bad since adult swim keeps on buying more time slots. Rumor is that their planning on buying an extra 2 hours in the morning extening it to 8 am. I'm sure alot of anime fans would be happy if that happend.

Edited on 05/19/2009 5:44pm
    Edited 2 total times.

i_hated_hoenn

[7]May 20, 2009
    • level: 5
    shadowysea07 wrote:

i guess it doesn't really matter now that were having a conversation. sorry that my post sounded so harsh i didn't mean for it to sound that way like i was yelling DX.

wow d-day still doesn't have an air date yet? i heard people saying something about the fall. I feel bad for the dub watchers but theres always the internet. and yeah i agree about hule prettymuch taking over tv.

the only shows that are gettig stellar ratings are csi ncis and of course house. csi though lost 6 million of their regular viewers though after the main characters prettymuch left. i still can't believe scrubs smallville and one tree hill are still around when most of their cast is gone. its not like er where they didn't really need a cast to keep the show going. alot of shows got cancelled this year XD. most of them were garbage anyway. a few gems here and there but alot of fools gold.

Naruto averages good ratings though same for spongeboob. i heard they get at least over 9 million when they air reruns. i think its a stupid move to cancell naruto but cartoonlessnetwork hasn't been known for doing the something intelligent in a while. they've gone through 4 presidents in the last 2 years DX. You can tell their doing bad since adult swim keeps on buying more time slots. Rumor is that their planning on buying an extra 2 hours in the morning extening it to 8 am. I'm sure alot of anime fans would be happy if that happend.

adult swim until 8am???? NOOOOOO!! the only reason i watch adult swim is for bleach and reruns of fullmetal and death note when im up late. most shows in my opinion suck on adult swim. i once sat through an episode with my godbrother it was soooooooooo stupid. adult swim thinks that swearing, blood and corny tv 14 jokes make a show worth watching but i highly disagree

TuxedoRay

[8]May 20, 2009
    • level: 6
    Its a good chance that the rest of the ENG episodes (206-) will be in the Uncut version DVD box set 16. 15 comes out in July. So they never stopped doing em, just airing em.

YamiGuzz

[9]May 22, 2009
    • level: 15
    i_hated_hoenn wrote:
    shadowysea07 wrote:

adult swim until 8am???? NOOOOOO!! the only reason i watch adult swim is for bleach and reruns of fullmetal and death note when im up late. most shows in my opinion suck on adult swim. i once sat through an episode with my godbrother it was soooooooooo stupid. adult swim thinks that swearing, blood and corny tv 14 jokes make a show worth watching but i highly disagree
    YEah same here. Anime is actually the good thing on tv nowadays. And it's a shame that only good thing on tv is actually underrated by the network.

Ranemoraken

[10]May 22, 2009
    • level: 20
    Naw, Shadowysea, you were rightfully harsh as this doesn't NEED a new topic. But the pinned threads are dead. Moribito - Guardian of the Spirit was a show on Adult Swim that was pulled off the air after episode 10, for reasons we don't know for sure. It was thought that it would not be back, but now that the company has more episodes dubbed, it's being finished on TV.

As for the "There's always the internet." this is becoming very true. It's enjoyable to watch the end of Gundam 00, which I missed on sci-fi, on Crunchyroll - but only because they have the series in dub.

i_hated_hoenn

[11]May 22, 2009
    • level: 5
    YamiGuzz wrote:
    i_hated_hoenn wrote:
    shadowysea07 wrote:

YEah same here. Anime is actually the good thing on tv nowadays. And it's a shame that only good thing on tv is actually underrated by the network.
    yea nowadays its all about money not quality which is why we have the jonas brothers -.-