Naruto Forums

TV Tokyo (ended 2007)

Official Naruto Shippuden DUB Pre-Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS)

How excited are you for the Shippuden dub?

zfighter88

[21]Nov 29, 2008
    • level: 13
    I'm definitely gonna watch the Shippuden dub. I've stuck with all of the dub fillers even though I've already seen all of them in Japanese.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Twilight_Field

[22]Nov 29, 2008
    • level: 2

Same with me except I didn't start watching the sub until Shippuden started in Japan.

BTW, good to see that more people are excited about it than not.

Edited on 11/29/2008 12:03pm

Eddy654

[23]Nov 29, 2008
    • level: 18
    penciltrick17 wrote:
    Eddy654 wrote:
    StarCannon30 wrote:
    penciltrick17 wrote:
    StarCannon30 wrote:
    I'll probably only watch the first episode. The original is already horrible enough so the dub will just be worst.
    Awww, I really like Shippuden (except for a few episodes from the Sasuke and Sai arc, of course). Have you been watching the current arc?
    Yep. The current arc is better than the others but its still not that good.
    Wow really cause this arc has been really great and really trumps the others with way bette nimation, artwork, and ect. The other two arcs were pretty good I'm not really critical at all so I never really complain about the series, or any other thing for that matter. I tend to be considerate when regarding others work, unless its just plain retarded.
    I think the only arc better than this one is the Sasuke Retrieval arc. The Rescue Gaara arc was good (with the exception of the clone fighting) and the Sasuke and Sai arc was enjoyable but is still a low point in the series for me.
    Yeah I agree, I am also very excited for the dub!

penciltrick17

[24]Nov 29, 2008
    • level: 10
    All I can say is that I'm glad Viz takes care of Naruto fans, because Cartoonnetwork sure doesn't. One episode every two weeks sure isn't fanservice, probably because the ratings have gone down since the fillers started, just goes to show where there priorities lie.

Twilight_Field

[25]Nov 29, 2008
    Yeah, that's true.

Viz was even courteous enough to give us an uncut version of the dub on DVD.

The ratings will probably go back up when it gets back to the manga at the very end.

StarCannon30

[26]Nov 29, 2008
    • level: 7
    penciltrick17 wrote:
    All I can say is that I'm glad Viz takes care of Naruto fans, because Cartoonnetwork sure doesn't. One episode every two weeks sure isn't fanservice, probably because the ratings have gone down since the fillers started, just goes to show where there priorities lie.

Ratings only went down because of what they did to Toonami.

akatsuki_agent7

[27]Nov 29, 2008
    • level: 4
    StarCannon30 wrote:
    penciltrick17 wrote:

fillers are bad enough but airing 1 every 2 weeks makes it even worse which like starcannon said is a big reason their ratings are going very low

Ranemoraken

[28]Nov 29, 2008
    • level: 20
    I only watch dubbed episodes. My anime club only shows subs, and only a few of them were good enough that I still enjoyed them despite reading.

penciltrick17

[29]Nov 29, 2008
    StarCannon30 wrote:
    penciltrick17 wrote:
    They moved Naruto to the one episode per two week schedule right after they got rid of toonami so ratings were probably already down. If anything, they got rid of toonami because of the low ratings, not the other way around.

akatsuki_agent7

[30]Nov 29, 2008
    penciltrick17 wrote:
    StarCannon30 wrote:
    penciltrick17 wrote:
    They moved Naruto to the one episode per two week schedule right after they got rid of toonami so ratings were probably already down. If anything, they got rid of toonami because of the low ratings, not the other way around.

if they had continued to air two eps a week they would have got better rating much sooner now they have to wait 4 times longer

Twilight_Field

[31]Nov 29, 2008
    akatsuki_agent7 wrote:
    StarCannon30 wrote:
    penciltrick17 wrote:

fillers are bad enough but airing 1 every 2 weeks makes it even worse which like starcannon said is a big reason their ratings are going very low

Well, it actually went to one episode a week and while still not as fast as it used to be, it's better than once every two weeks.

Yeah. There are few people who can actually admit enjoying fillers. I'm one of them.

akatsuki_agent7

[32]Nov 29, 2008
    Twilight_Field wrote:
    akatsuki_agent7 wrote:
    StarCannon30 wrote:
    penciltrick17 wrote:

Well, it actually went to one episode a week and while still not as fast as it used to be, it's better than once every two weeks.

Yeah. There are few people who can actually admit enjoying fillers. I'm one of them.

they would have still gotten some people to tune is at was getting really close to the end of fillers but by prolonging it even further they have lost a lot more viewers

penciltrick17

[33]Nov 29, 2008
    akatsuki_agent7 wrote:
    penciltrick17 wrote:
    StarCannon30 wrote:
    penciltrick17 wrote:
    if they had continued to air two eps a week they would have got better rating much sooner now they have to wait 4 times longer
    I'm not saying it was a smart move, but I see no other reason for them to do what they did. They couldn't have knocked out toonami and screwed up Naruto's schedule just because they don't like anime, there had to be a financial reason behind it.

Twilight_Field

[34]Nov 29, 2008
    I agree. CN did kinda pick a bad place to slow it down.

Heck, Viz is already recording Shippuden.

They'll probably be recording the second season when it finally reaches American TV.

firefox59

[35]Nov 29, 2008
    • level: 19
    Twilight_Field wrote:
    I agree. CN did kinda pick a bad place to slow it down.

Heck, Viz is already recording Shippuden.

They'll probably be recording the second season when it finally reaches American TV.
    Good! Then there will be no slow downs.

Eddy654

[36]Nov 29, 2008
    A few minutes ago on Yahoo questions the asker was trying to find out on info about when was Naruto Shippuden comming to america. One of the comments read

''That show is for 6-9 year olds.'' I almost spit out my soda, I was just thinking to myself wow.

Twilight_Field

[37]Nov 29, 2008
    In Japan, that probably is the age group.

However, there are those who'll say anything is for 6-9 year olds, so I tend to ignore comments like that.

BTW, Firefox, I kinda agree with you on your point.

Eddy654

[38]Nov 29, 2008
    Twilight_Field wrote:
    In Japan, that probably is the age group.

However, there are those who'll say anything is for 6-9 year olds, so I tend to ignore comments like that.

BTW, Firefox, I kinda agree with you on your point.
    Yeah...

Ranemoraken

[39]Nov 29, 2008
    • level: 20
    Lol, yeah, awful. On the other thing. If they were to slow it down, actually, now is the time. I'd probably have blown my brains out, metaphorically, if they slowed down after the Sasuke Retrieval arc. I was amazed we even got to see those two at a time at all. I don't mind a slow down now though, as I'm all pumped up for getting back to the canon.

slmcknett

[40]Nov 29, 2008
    • level: 7
    6-9 year olds? wtf?! at this point, its probably true, though. i mean, they took out ALL of the swearing in the mangas (they even re-translated the earlier volumes to take out swearing) despite the fact that shonen jump is rating T for teen (and last time i checked, ALL teens swear at times), and know their dubbing naruto for younger viewers. as somewhat excited for shippuden as i am, they better dub it on adult swim, or i'll probably never watch it...