Naruto Forums

TV Tokyo (ended 2007)

Official Naruto Shippuden DUB Pre-Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS)

How excited are you for the Shippuden dub?

stitch069917

[121]Dec 11, 2008
    • level: 76
    Ranemoraken wrote:
    Technically, Naruto Shippuden is the same show, no different from watching Vampire Knight and then Vampire Knight Guilty. They might not announce it...because it's not a seperate contract really. Also, I haven't heard of any marathon planned for the holidays yet.
    I very seriously doubt that they would run a marathon of new episodes. They might run another marathon of the first 100 or so episodes up until "The promise that could not be kept" to try and build up for the release of Shippuden or they might play several of the movies in a row.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Dusk_Till_Dawn6

[122]Dec 11, 2008
    • level: 1
    Running a new episode marathon is kind of a stretch, but Viz is far enough in their dubbing that they can easily afford it.

springBOOB

[123]Dec 11, 2008
    • level: 11
    I dont know why everyone says Hidan's mouth is the reason Shippuden will be on [adult swim]. He only cusses because the subtitles have swears added to them.

Ranemoraken

[124]Dec 11, 2008
    • level: 20
    We can only talk about things on the dub. We have no knowledge outside the dub. Savvy?

rotomRASENGAN

[125]Dec 12, 2008
    • level: 2
    well who do you think will be sasori's voice actor? puppet and human forms

jah1415

[126]Dec 13, 2008
    • level: 12

springBOOB wrote:
    I dont know why everyone says Hidan's mouth is the reason Shippuden will be on [adult swim]. He only cusses because the subtitles have swears added to them.

I know it was the same thing with Tayuya. In viz's subs of tayuya she cursed but no where near the curses she uses in fan subs.

Rafie26

[127]Dec 13, 2008
    jah1415 wrote:

springBOOB wrote:

I know it was the same thing with Tayuya. In viz's subs of tayuya she cursed but no where near the curses she uses in fan subs.

Right. I think they did that to add on to what type of person he was. So we know that he's a foul mouthed masochist and religious at the same time. They won't have him curse so much in Viz. He'll say simple curse words like hell, a@#, and damn. I can't see it going pass that.

Eddy654

[128]Dec 13, 2008
    • level: 18
    Rafie26 wrote:
    jah1415 wrote:

springBOOB wrote:

Right. I think they did that to add on to what type of person he was. So we know that he's a foul mouthed masochist and religious at the same time. They won't have him curse so much in Viz. He'll say simple curse words like hell, a@#, and damn. I can't see it going pass that.
    Yeah and I'll be ok with that, and bastard cause they say it in the uncut dub so why not in the sub.
    Edited on 12/13/2008 7:55am

Rafie26

[129]Dec 13, 2008
    Eddy654 wrote:
    Rafie26 wrote:
    jah1415 wrote:

springBOOB wrote:

Yeah and I'll be ok with that, and bastard cause they say it in the uncut dub so why not in the sub.

Right. I missed that one.

demonnaruto13

[130]Dec 13, 2008
    • level: 19
    I hope they make a `1-hour special of shippuden like they did in the sub

Eddy654

[131]Dec 13, 2008
    • level: 18
    demonnaruto13 wrote:
    I hope they make a `1-hour special of shippuden like they did in the sub
    I would like and appreaciate that.

Tskyonmai07

[132]Dec 13, 2008
    • level: 14
    springBOOB wrote:
    it's not just his mouth you're 4getting the be-heading, his religon, and his ritual

jah1415

[133]Dec 13, 2008
    • level: 12

Tskyonmai07 wrote:
    springBOOB wrote:
    it's not just his mouth you're 4getting the be-heading, his religon, and his ritual

well I don't know anything about that. Is it that bad. I mean can his relgion be censored

Tskyonmai07

[134]Dec 13, 2008
    • level: 14
    jah1415 wrote:

Tskyonmai07 wrote:
    springBOOB wrote:

well I don't know anything about that. Is it that bad. I mean can his relgion be censored

yes the japs handled it preety well but in america a guy in a cartoon with a religon that evolves around killing people for sacarment is a little far-off

StarCannon30

[135]Dec 13, 2008
    • level: 7
    Tskyonmai07 wrote:
    jah1415 wrote:

Tskyonmai07 wrote:
    springBOOB wrote:

yes the japs handled it preety well but in america a guy in a cartoon with a religon that evolves around killing people for sacarment is a little far-off

They should just learn its fake.

penciltrick17

[136]Dec 13, 2008
    • level: 10
    StarCannon30 wrote:
    Tskyonmai07 wrote:
    jah1415 wrote:

Tskyonmai07 wrote:
    springBOOB wrote:

They should just learn its fake.
    Agreed. If the parents brought up their kids right then there should be no doubt that they wouldn't want to imitate a guy who kills people through immortality. Hell, the immortality itself should be enough to say this is a fake religion. If it's going to be censored than it should be censored for the violence in the arc, but Dragonball Z was far worse.

penciltrick17

[137]Dec 13, 2008
    • level: 10
    Ranemoraken wrote:
    We can only talk about things on the dub. We have no knowledge outside the dub. Savvy?
    LOL, that's so awesome. That's the first time I've ever heard someone use the word "savvy" outside of Pirates of the Carribean.

Ranemoraken

[138]Dec 13, 2008
    penciltrick17 wrote:
    Ranemoraken wrote:
    LOL, that's so awesome. That's the first time I've ever heard someone use the word "savvy" outside of Pirates of the Carribean.

And yes, censoring out a religion would make it less pleasant. It took me a head scratch or two on the "elixir" earlier in the dub, but I figured it out. If they have to edit something, I'm sure they'll manage at making it decent, I just don't want them cutting out action scenes because of the violence.

X-626

[139]Dec 13, 2008
    • level: 51
    In the case of Hidan, I predict they'll add an extra warning in place of editing the entire thing like they did for the "Kabuto's Trap" filler episode.

Ranemoraken

[140]Dec 13, 2008
    They edited that episode down? I didn't know. What did they take out?