Naruto Forums

TV Tokyo (ended 2007)

Orochimaru's Body... (spoilers)

Betaflame

[1]Sep 18, 2006
    • level: 7

In the manga we have seen Orochi transfer his soul from one body to the next only once, and just before he did he told his future host that because he was strong a part of him would survive with Orochi. My question is..

When Orochi transfers bodies does the original soul retake command of the body?

We know that the last body he had could no longer hold his soul and that the body was dying. So even if the original soul returned it was returning to a dying body. I only bring this up because I see it as a plot twist if Orochimaru takes over Sasuke's body and then eventually leaves, could sasuke live? Could Sasuke fight with Orochimaru while being possested by him? Maybe stop the lethal blow that would kill Naruto/Sakura?

lets hear your feedback.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

fluffman4

[2]Sep 18, 2006
    • level: 19
    Betaflame wrote:

In the manga we have seen Orochi transfer his soul from one body to the next only once, and just before he did he told his future host that because he was strong a part of him would survive with Orochi. My question is..

We know that the last body he had could no longer hold his soul and that the body was dying. So even if the original soul returned it was returning to a dying body. I only bring this up because I see it as a plot twist if Orochimaru takes over Sasuke's body and then eventually leaves, could sasuke live? Could Sasuke fight with Orochimaru while being possested by him? Maybe stop the lethal blow that would kill Naruto/Sakura?

lets hear your feedback.

No, i don't think the original soul returns, as his former body when he was in akatsuki, with the ring on it, is still decomposing, so my theory is that the body turns gray and decomposes, without a soul in it.

TheKyubi

[3]Sep 18, 2006
    fluffman4 wrote:
    Betaflame wrote:

lets hear your feedback.

No, i don't think the original soul returns, as his former body when he was in akatsuki, with the ring on it, is still decomposing, so my theory is that the body turns gray and decomposes, without a soul in it.

EWWW Gross

Shattered_Angel

[4]Sep 18, 2006
    • level: 6
    I suppose, since it's only his soul that goes into the new body, that the old one would remain once he left it. I'm guessing that it would die, though, or perhaps with all the stuff Orochimaru does to himself in his attempt to gain power, maybe it would be really icky the moment he left it. *shudder* Here's hoping that we don't have to see it. *feeling sorry for Sasuke* Anyway, if the bodies are fine after Orochimaru leaves them, then I'm sure Kabuto would have fun with them.

Betaflame

[5]Sep 19, 2006
    Do you think orochimaru can communicate with the person whos body he took over?

jamalmoultrie

[6]Sep 19, 2006
    • level: 18

Betaflame wrote:
    Do you think orochimaru can communicate with the person whos body he took over?

It would seem weird but anythings probably possible