Naruto Forums

TV Tokyo (ended 2007)

Poll: Current Manga fight (spoilers)

What do you think will be the current outcome of Naruto vs Pain?

Ranemoraken

[1]Feb 2, 2009
    • level: 20

I figure there's a lot of chat on this in the Manga thread, and thought a poll might help summarize everyone's opinion.

I was thinking, if there was a rescue Naruto arc, I wondered who might band together to retrieve him? Would the kages have their meeting first? I might make another poll shortly.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pikastatic100

[2]Feb 2, 2009
    • level: 48
    That's an interesting pole, I'm kind of torn between 1, 3, and 4. It would definitely be an interesting scenario if there was a Rescue Naruto Arc. If that did happen, maybe Akatsuki would succeed in extracting Kyuubi, and the fox and Naruto would have one final talk before the extraction was complete. Then maybe Kyuubi would be too much for Akatsuki to handle, and it breaks free and starts destroying everything. Naruto, being the main character, actually survives the extraction, and goes into battle with the Kyuubi, just like his father did. But instead of sealing it away, he would actually manage to kill it. There would be a final showdown against Akatsuki, good guys win, Sasuke witnesses everything, decides to return to village, Naruto becomes Hokage, village is rebuilt, everyone is happy, The End. Or is it?

firefox59

[3]Feb 2, 2009
    • level: 19
    Ranemoraken wrote:

I figure there's a lot of chat on this in the Manga thread, and thought a poll might help summarize everyone's opinion.

I was thinking, if there was a rescue Naruto arc, I wondered who might band together to retrieve him? Would the kages have their meeting first? I might make another poll shortly.

If there was a rescue arc Kira could be involved or maybe even (shock) Sasuke! I see a relationship developing between Naruto and Sasuke like with Vegeta and Kakarot where Sasuke wants no one but him to kill Naruto.

Elderlore

[4]Feb 2, 2009
    • level: 7
    pikastatic100 wrote:
    That's an interesting pole, I'm kind of torn between 1, 3, and 4. It would definitely be an interesting scenario if there was a Rescue Naruto Arc. If that did happen, maybe Akatsuki would succeed in extracting Kyuubi, and the fox and Naruto would have one final talk before the extraction was complete. Then maybe Kyuubi would be too much for Akatsuki to handle, and it breaks free and starts destroying everything. Naruto, being the main character, actually survives the extraction, and goes into battle with the Kyuubi, just like his father did. But instead of sealing it away, he would actually manage to kill it. There would be a final showdown against Akatsuki, good guys win, Sasuke witnesses everything, decides to return to village, Naruto becomes Hokage, village is rebuilt, everyone is happy, The End. Or is it?

Awww dude, no!! That wouldn't be a satisfying ending for me. If there IS a rescue naruto arc, maybe the sand siblings would come back into it? Course the meeting of the kages will more than likely feature them quite heavily anyway, so maybe there won't be one. I voted for the six paths losing and Nagato getting away, though whether Konan escapes too is another kettle of fish. Great poll though =D

pikastatic100

[5]Feb 2, 2009
    • level: 48
    Elderlore wrote:
    pikastatic100 wrote:

Awww dude, no!! That wouldn't be a satisfying ending for me. If there IS a rescue naruto arc, maybe the sand siblings would come back into it? Course the meeting of the kages will more than likely feature them quite heavily anyway, so maybe there won't be one. I voted for the six paths losing and Nagato getting away, though whether Konan escapes too is another kettle of fish. Great poll though =D

Lol, I know, it wouldn't be a satisfying ending for me, either, I was mostly throwing ideas around.

Anyway, I agree, if there is a Rescue Naruto Arc, it would be nice to see Gaara and the others again. I think that if it does happen (a Rescue Naruto Arc), it would be cool to see every single Leaf Shinobi band together, all determined to save Naruto, knowing that they all shunned him at the very beginning of the story.

Elderlore

[6]Feb 2, 2009
    • level: 7
    pikastatic100 wrote:
    Elderlore wrote:
    pikastatic100 wrote:

Lol, I know, it wouldn't be a satisfying ending for me, either, I was mostly throwing ideas around.

Anyway, I agree, if there is a Rescue Naruto Arc, it would be nice to see Gaara and the others again. I think that if it does happen (a Rescue Naruto Arc), it would be cool to see every single Leaf Shinobi band together, all determined to save Naruto, knowing that they all shunned him at the very beginning of the story.

LOL queue flashback city, should be interesting to see if the same pages of the manga get used if that happened lol. It's unlikely to happen though, mainly due to the rescue gaara arc. It'd look like Kishi was running out of ideas. Bring on Nagato being seen properly, even talking!!

narutorox3

[7]Feb 2, 2009
    • level: 9
    I think Naruto is doing a great job so far but in the end I think he will lose. This looks way to similar to Sasuke vs. Itachi with Sasuke having the upper hand the majority of the fight. I think Pain's got a few more secrets left and even if Naruto does get captured he won't die because they don't have 8 tails.

Nightmare_Ocean

[8]Feb 2, 2009
    • level: 3
    I see Naruto defeating the six paths and then Nagato and Konan retreat.

In the scenario of a Naruto Rescue Arc, I'd say Sakura and Shikamaru would definitely be part of the rescue team, along with some of the other Konoha 12 characters as well.

Rafie26

[9]Feb 2, 2009
    • level: 11
    Nightmare_Ocean wrote:
    I see Naruto defeating the six paths and then Nagato and Konan retreat.

In the scenario of a Naruto Rescue Arc, I'd say Sakura and Shikamaru would definitely be part of the rescue team, along with some of the other Konoha 12 characters as well.

As usual, I agree. I can see something interfering with the Pain fight that would force him to retreat and regroup. I can definitely see Naruto taking all 6 paths of Pain out. Nagato is a different story. In the case of a capture, I completely agree with the rookies going on a rescue mission for him.

LadyLaura26

[10]Feb 2, 2009
    • level: 12
    Well he still has to figure out how to "kill" Pein probably starting with the revival one. Afterwards he has to deal with Nagato, really a number of senario's could happen

RaizenYusuke

[11]Feb 2, 2009
    • level: 28
    narutorox3 wrote:
    I think Naruto is doing a great job so far but in the end I think he will lose. This looks way to similar to Sasuke vs. Itachi with Sasuke having the upper hand the majority of the fight. I think Pain's got a few more secrets left and even if Naruto does get captured he won't die because they don't have 8 tails.
    I had the same thought of Naruto's fight with Pain being similar to Sasuke's with Itachi. I think Naruto kills God Realm and than Nagato shows up and defeats Naruto but right when he is about to take him Zetsu appears and tells him that Kirabi is still free and that the Nine Tails capture must be delayed until they capture Kirabi, Nagato retreats. I just don't see a Rescue Naruto arc with Konoha destroyed and the Kage Meeting on the raise, the focus will probably go back to Sasuke after the Kage Meeting.

narutorox3

[12]Feb 2, 2009
    • level: 9
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    narutorox3 wrote:
    I had the same thought of Naruto's fight with Pain being similar to Sasuke's with Itachi. I think Naruto kills God Realm and than Nagato shows up and defeats Naruto but right when he is about to take him Zetsu appears and tells him that Kirabi is still free and that the Nine Tails capture must be delayed until they capture Kirabi, Nagato retreats. I just don't see a Rescue Naruto arc with Konoha destroyed and the Kage Meeting on the raise, the focus will probably go back to Sasuke after the Kage Meeting.
    I really hope it comes down to Naruto having to choose to use Kyuubi or be captured by Pain. That would be pretty cool. It's been a while since Kyuubi made an appearance.

Rafie26

[13]Feb 2, 2009
    • level: 11
    narutorox3 wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    narutorox3 wrote:
    I really hope it comes down to Naruto having to choose to use Kyuubi or be captured by Pain. That would be pretty cool. It's been a while since Kyuubi made an appearance.

I totally agree with that, Narutorox. Against an opponent like him, he's not going to have much choice but to use him.

RaizenYusuke

[14]Feb 2, 2009
    If the Nine Tails is involved in the fight at all than I think it will be against Naruto's will and probably against Nagato. Naruto's is still dead set against using it so the Nine Tails forcing it's chakra into Naruto seems more likely.

Ranemoraken

[15]Feb 2, 2009
    Even if Pain learns that the eight is still running about, after this dangerous fight, it would still be their benefit to capture Naruto now, before he gets any more dangerous.

RaizenYusuke

[16]Feb 2, 2009
    Ranemoraken wrote:
    Even if Pain learns that the eight is still running about, after this dangerous fight, it would still be their benefit to capture Naruto now, before he gets any more dangerous.
    I was thinking that capturing Naruto and holding him for long periods of time would be more of risk. Yes Naruto could get even stronger than he is now, but as it stands I don't think the Akatsuki is equiped for holding Naruto for long periods, as it gives Konoha and allies more time to find their location. I mean Madara passed a chance to capture Naruto back when Sasuke vs Itachi, so it wouldn't be that surprising if Pain left Naruto despite the chance Naruto could grow stronger.

firefox59

[17]Feb 2, 2009
    • level: 19
    Rafie26 wrote:
    narutorox3 wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    narutorox3 wrote:

I totally agree with that, Narutorox. Against an opponent like him, he's not going to have much choice but to use him.
    Well he seems to be doing pretty good so far.

Nightmare_Ocean

[18]Feb 2, 2009
    • level: 3
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Naruto is still dead set against using it so the Nine Tails forcing it's chakra into Naruto seems more likely.

I agree and very much so.

Though I may be a bit biased as I want Naruto to be a unique Jinchuuriki who actually puts his beast on the backseat and fights with his own power.

nacholibre92

[19]Feb 2, 2009
    • level: 24
    Nightmare_Ocean wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Naruto is still dead set against using it so the Nine Tails forcing it's chakra into Naruto seems more likely.

I agree and very much so.

Though I may be a bit biased as I want Naruto to be a unique Jinchuuriki who actually puts his beast on the backseat and fights with his own power.
    Yeah, Naruto always relied on the Kyubi in Part I to the second arc in Part II (Sora arc in the anime). Though I would like to see him go Four Tails again.

Ranemoraken

[20]Feb 2, 2009
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Ranemoraken wrote:
    I was thinking that capturing Naruto and holding him for long periods of time would be more of risk. Yes Naruto could get even stronger than he is now, but as it stands I don't think the Akatsuki is equiped for holding Naruto for long periods, as it gives Konoha and allies more time to find their location. I mean Madara passed a chance to capture Naruto back when Sasuke vs Itachi, so it wouldn't be that surprising if Pain left Naruto despite the chance Naruto could grow stronger.
    Well, as Kisame pointed out before, Naruto doesn't need to keep his arms or legs after being beaten. Although, I guess the story can't really go in that direction.