Naruto Forums

TV Tokyo (ended 2007)

Poll: Current Manga fight (spoilers)

What do you think will be the current outcome of Naruto vs Pain?

  • Avatar of stitch069917

    stitch069917

    [21]Feb 3, 2009
    • member since: 11/21/07
    • level: 76
    • rank: Bassomatic '76
    • posts: 2,136
    Nightmare_Ocean wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Naruto is still dead set against using it so the Nine Tails forcing it's chakra into Naruto seems more likely.
    I agree and very much so. Though I may be a bit biased as I want Naruto to be a unique Jinchuuriki who actually puts his beast on the backseat and fights with his own power.
    I agree. Though I seriously doubt we have seen the last of 4-tails Naruto. Naruto is definitely showing his strengths and intelligance in this fight against Pain. I'm glad to see that he has becaome such a powerful character now.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Rafie26

    Rafie26

    [22]Feb 3, 2009
    • member since: 08/23/08
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 2,176
    firefox59 wrote:
    Rafie26 wrote:
    narutorox3 wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    narutorox3 wrote:
    I think Naruto is doing a great job so far but in the end I think he will lose. This looks way to similar to Sasuke vs. Itachi with Sasuke having the upper hand the majority of the fight. I think Pain's got a few more secrets left and even if Naruto does get captured he won't die because they don't have 8 tails.
    I had the same thought of Naruto's fight with Pain being similar to Sasuke's with Itachi. I think Naruto kills God Realm and than Nagato shows up and defeats Naruto but right when he is about to take him Zetsu appears and tells him that Kirabi is still free and that the Nine Tails capture must be delayed until they capture Kirabi, Nagato retreats. I just don't see a Rescue Naruto arc with Konoha destroyed and the Kage Meeting on the raise, the focus will probably go back to Sasuke after the Kage Meeting.
    I really hope it comes down to Naruto having to choose to use Kyuubi or be captured by Pain. That would be pretty cool. It's been a while since Kyuubi made an appearance.


    I totally agree with that, Narutorox. Against an opponent like him, he's not going to have much choice but to use him.
    Well he seems to be doing pretty good so far.


    I'm saying against Nagato. Not the 6 paths.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Ranemoraken

    Ranemoraken

    [23]Feb 3, 2009
    • member since: 04/18/07
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 3,333
    Of course, Naruto has a lot of help in this battle. Other than Sasuke, no other ninja has fought these guys one on one with success.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of firefox59

    firefox59

    [24]Feb 3, 2009
    • member since: 09/25/05
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 7,233
    Rafie26 wrote:
    firefox59 wrote:
    Rafie26 wrote:
    narutorox3 wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    narutorox3 wrote:
    I think Naruto is doing a great job so far but in the end I think he will lose. This looks way to similar to Sasuke vs. Itachi with Sasuke having the upper hand the majority of the fight. I think Pain's got a few more secrets left and even if Naruto does get captured he won't die because they don't have 8 tails.
    I had the same thought of Naruto's fight with Pain being similar to Sasuke's with Itachi. I think Naruto kills God Realm and than Nagato shows up and defeats Naruto but right when he is about to take him Zetsu appears and tells him that Kirabi is still free and that the Nine Tails capture must be delayed until they capture Kirabi, Nagato retreats. I just don't see a Rescue Naruto arc with Konoha destroyed and the Kage Meeting on the raise, the focus will probably go back to Sasuke after the Kage Meeting.
    I really hope it comes down to Naruto having to choose to use Kyuubi or be captured by Pain. That would be pretty cool. It's been a while since Kyuubi made an appearance.


    I totally agree with that, Narutorox. Against an opponent like him, he's not going to have much choice but to use him.
    Well he seems to be doing pretty good so far.


    I'm saying against Nagato. Not the 6 paths.
    Hmm. So you think Nagato will be that strong by himself even without his realms?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Nightmare_Ocean

    Nightmare_Ocean

    [25]Feb 3, 2009
    • member since: 01/27/09
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 85
    After what happened to Sakura and the lecture from Yamato, I don't really see Naruto willingly using Kyuubi, even as a last resort.

    As for Nagato, it'd only make sense if he were the strongest of the bodies, but I don't think even that would make Naruto desperate enough to go back to being a stereotypical Jinchuuriki.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of fluffman4

    fluffman4

    [26]Feb 3, 2009
    • member since: 06/19/05
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 4,852
    Nightmare_Ocean wrote:
    After what happened to Sakura and the lecture from Yamato, I don't really see Naruto willingly using Kyuubi, even as a last resort.

    As for Nagato, it'd only make sense if he were the strongest of the bodies, but I don't think even that would make Naruto desperate enough to go back to being a stereotypical Jinchuuriki.


    I feel like with this fight, it's going to be all or nothing. At least until some outside force interrupts the system.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of firefox59

    firefox59

    [27]Feb 4, 2009
    • member since: 09/25/05
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 7,233
    fluffman4 wrote:
    Nightmare_Ocean wrote:
    After what happened to Sakura and the lecture from Yamato, I don't really see Naruto willingly using Kyuubi, even as a last resort.

    As for Nagato, it'd only make sense if he were the strongest of the bodies, but I don't think even that would make Naruto desperate enough to go back to being a stereotypical Jinchuuriki.


    I feel like with this fight, it's going to be all or nothing. At least until some outside force interrupts the system.
    cough cough....that team the Mizukage sent...cough
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Rafie26

    Rafie26

    [28]Feb 4, 2009
    • member since: 08/23/08
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 2,176
    firefox59 wrote:
    Rafie26 wrote:
    firefox59 wrote:
    Rafie26 wrote:
    narutorox3 wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    narutorox3 wrote:
    I think Naruto is doing a great job so far but in the end I think he will lose. This looks way to similar to Sasuke vs. Itachi with Sasuke having the upper hand the majority of the fight. I think Pain's got a few more secrets left and even if Naruto does get captured he won't die because they don't have 8 tails.
    I had the same thought of Naruto's fight with Pain being similar to Sasuke's with Itachi. I think Naruto kills God Realm and than Nagato shows up and defeats Naruto but right when he is about to take him Zetsu appears and tells him that Kirabi is still free and that the Nine Tails capture must be delayed until they capture Kirabi, Nagato retreats. I just don't see a Rescue Naruto arc with Konoha destroyed and the Kage Meeting on the raise, the focus will probably go back to Sasuke after the Kage Meeting.
    I really hope it comes down to Naruto having to choose to use Kyuubi or be captured by Pain. That would be pretty cool. It's been a while since Kyuubi made an appearance.


    I totally agree with that, Narutorox. Against an opponent like him, he's not going to have much choice but to use him.
    Well he seems to be doing pretty good so far.


    I'm saying against Nagato. Not the 6 paths.
    Hmm. So you think Nagato will be that strong by himself even without his realms?


    Definitely. I guy that has high enough chakra to control six bodies at the same time, especially God Realm. God Realm is a kage level nin. The rest is mid to high jounin at best imo. I know we know nothing of Nagato's abilities but that attack that leveled Konoha. That's just one attack. And a big one at that. That guy has to be super strong. I agree with Fluff. As soon as the fight will reach it's climax someone or thing will interrupt it and force a retreat on Nagato.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of nacholibre92

    nacholibre92

    [29]Feb 4, 2009
    • member since: 08/19/06
    • level: 24
    • rank: Golden Girl
    • posts: 1,259

    ***SPOILER***
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Rafie26

    Rafie26

    [30]Feb 4, 2009
    • member since: 08/23/08
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 2,176
    nacholibre92 wrote:

    ***SPOILER***


    Did he run off with him already? I'm sure Naruto isn't unconscious yet. I'm waiting for
    ***SPOILER***
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of firefox59

    firefox59

    [31]Feb 4, 2009
    • member since: 09/25/05
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 7,233
    Rafie26 wrote:
    firefox59 wrote:
    Rafie26 wrote:
    firefox59 wrote:
    Rafie26 wrote:
    narutorox3 wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    narutorox3 wrote:
    I think Naruto is doing a great job so far but in the end I think he will lose. This looks way to similar to Sasuke vs. Itachi with Sasuke having the upper hand the majority of the fight. I think Pain's got a few more secrets left and even if Naruto does get captured he won't die because they don't have 8 tails.
    I had the same thought of Naruto's fight with Pain being similar to Sasuke's with Itachi. I think Naruto kills God Realm and than Nagato shows up and defeats Naruto but right when he is about to take him Zetsu appears and tells him that Kirabi is still free and that the Nine Tails capture must be delayed until they capture Kirabi, Nagato retreats. I just don't see a Rescue Naruto arc with Konoha destroyed and the Kage Meeting on the raise, the focus will probably go back to Sasuke after the Kage Meeting.
    I really hope it comes down to Naruto having to choose to use Kyuubi or be captured by Pain. That would be pretty cool. It's been a while since Kyuubi made an appearance.


    I totally agree with that, Narutorox. Against an opponent like him, he's not going to have much choice but to use him.
    Well he seems to be doing pretty good so far.


    I'm saying against Nagato. Not the 6 paths.
    Hmm. So you think Nagato will be that strong by himself even without his realms?


    Definitely. I guy that has high enough chakra to control six bodies at the same time, especially God Realm. God Realm is a kage level nin. The rest is mid to high jounin at best imo. I know we know nothing of Nagato's abilities but that attack that leveled Konoha. That's just one attack. And a big one at that. That guy has to be super strong. I agree with Fluff. As soon as the fight will reach it's climax someone or thing will interrupt it and force a retreat on Nagato.
    My point is what if his power is just being able to control those bodies. If he could do all of those abilities himself then he is a coward for hiding in that castle IMO .
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RaizenYusuke

    RaizenYusuke

    [32]Feb 4, 2009
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 8,084

    firefox59 wrote:
    Rafie26 wrote:
    firefox59 wrote:
    Rafie26 wrote:
    firefox59 wrote:
    Rafie26 wrote:
    narutorox3 wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    narutorox3 wrote:
    I think Naruto is doing a great job so far but in the end I think he will lose. This looks way to similar to Sasuke vs. Itachi with Sasuke having the upper hand the majority of the fight. I think Pain's got a few more secrets left and even if Naruto does get captured he won't die because they don't have 8 tails.
    I had the same thought of Naruto's fight with Pain being similar to Sasuke's with Itachi. I think Naruto kills God Realm and than Nagato shows up and defeats Naruto but right when he is about to take him Zetsu appears and tells him that Kirabi is still free and that the Nine Tails capture must be delayed until they capture Kirabi, Nagato retreats. I just don't see a Rescue Naruto arc with Konoha destroyed and the Kage Meeting on the raise, the focus will probably go back to Sasuke after the Kage Meeting.
    I really hope it comes down to Naruto having to choose to use Kyuubi or be captured by Pain. That would be pretty cool. It's been a while since Kyuubi made an appearance.
    I totally agree with that, Narutorox. Against an opponent like him, he's not going to have much choice but to use him.
    Well he seems to be doing pretty good so far.
    I'm saying against Nagato. Not the 6 paths.
    Hmm. So you think Nagato will be that strong by himself even without his realms?
    Definitely. I guy that has high enough chakra to control six bodies at the same time, especially God Realm. God Realm is a kage level nin. The rest is mid to high jounin at best imo. I know we know nothing of Nagato's abilities but that attack that leveled Konoha. That's just one attack. And a big one at that. That guy has to be super strong. I agree with Fluff. As soon as the fight will reach it's climax someone or thing will interrupt it and force a retreat on Nagato.
    My point is what if his power is just being able to control those bodies. If he could do all of those abilities himself then he is a coward for hiding in that castle IMO .
    If Ino's dad and $hizuna are right than Nagato is somewhere near Konoha controlling the bodies, so his a cowrad hinding in the background .

    The reason I think Nagato is stronger then the six realms is because of what Jiraiya said when he fought Pain. Jiraiya said Nagato easily mastered every technique he taught him, and that Nagato had control of all six elements with the Rinnegan(and could esstinally have mastered a large number of techniques), and he found it odd that Pain was only using summons to fight him. While each Realm has a powerful ability it seems odd that each only has one and that none of them can use more then one technique(while God Realm might), most of which do not appear to be Rinnegan related. To me it makes no sense for the Rinnegan to praised as the creator of ninjutsu and greatest doujutsu without showing us more of it's powers aside from seeing chakra and the animating dead bodies. I just do not think the other bodies are going to show any of the Rinnegan's other abilities, which makes me think Kishi will bring out the original body Nagato show case the Rinnegan's other abilities.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Nightmare_Sea

    Nightmare_Sea

    [33]Feb 5, 2009
    • member since: 02/05/09
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 87
    I doubt Konan's going back to Amegakure, so I'm pretty sure Nagato is somewhere nearby.

    I also believe Nagato to be stronger than the Rikudou Paths. Even if someone is stronger than their puppets, they are still entitled to use them. It's not cowardice.

    I pretty much agree with Raizen's reasons for Nagato to be stronger.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of firefox59

    firefox59

    [34]Feb 5, 2009
    • member since: 09/25/05
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 7,233
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

    firefox59 wrote:
    Rafie26 wrote:
    firefox59 wrote:
    Rafie26 wrote:
    firefox59 wrote:
    Rafie26 wrote:
    narutorox3 wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    narutorox3 wrote:
    I think Naruto is doing a great job so far but in the end I think he will lose. This looks way to similar to Sasuke vs. Itachi with Sasuke having the upper hand the majority of the fight. I think Pain's got a few more secrets left and even if Naruto does get captured he won't die because they don't have 8 tails.
    I had the same thought of Naruto's fight with Pain being similar to Sasuke's with Itachi. I think Naruto kills God Realm and than Nagato shows up and defeats Naruto but right when he is about to take him Zetsu appears and tells him that Kirabi is still free and that the Nine Tails capture must be delayed until they capture Kirabi, Nagato retreats. I just don't see a Rescue Naruto arc with Konoha destroyed and the Kage Meeting on the raise, the focus will probably go back to Sasuke after the Kage Meeting.
    I really hope it comes down to Naruto having to choose to use Kyuubi or be captured by Pain. That would be pretty cool. It's been a while since Kyuubi made an appearance.
    I totally agree with that, Narutorox. Against an opponent like him, he's not going to have much choice but to use him.
    Well he seems to be doing pretty good so far.
    I'm saying against Nagato. Not the 6 paths.
    Hmm. So you think Nagato will be that strong by himself even without his realms?
    Definitely. I guy that has high enough chakra to control six bodies at the same time, especially God Realm. God Realm is a kage level nin. The rest is mid to high jounin at best imo. I know we know nothing of Nagato's abilities but that attack that leveled Konoha. That's just one attack. And a big one at that. That guy has to be super strong. I agree with Fluff. As soon as the fight will reach it's climax someone or thing will interrupt it and force a retreat on Nagato.
    My point is what if his power is just being able to control those bodies. If he could do all of those abilities himself then he is a coward for hiding in that castle IMO .
    If Ino's dad and $hizuna are right than Nagato is somewhere near Konoha controlling the bodies, so his a cowrad hinding in the background .

    The reason I think Nagato is stronger then the six realms is because of what Jiraiya said when he fought Pain. Jiraiya said Nagato easily mastered every technique he taught him, and that Nagato had control of all six elements with the Rinnegan(and could esstinally have mastered a large number of techniques), and he found it odd that Pain was only using summons to fight him. While each Realm has a powerful ability it seems odd that each only has one and that none of them can use more then one technique(while God Realm might), most of which do not appear to be Rinnegan related. To me it makes no sense for the Rinnegan to praised as the creator of ninjutsu and greatest doujutsu without showing us more of it's powers aside from seeing chakra and the animating dead bodies. I just do not think the other bodies are going to show any of the Rinnegan's other abilities, which makes me think Kishi will bring out the original body Nagato show case the Rinnegan's other abilities.

    I guess you have some good points. The Rinnegan has taken the place of the Sharingan as the new over-powered technique.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Rafie26

    Rafie26

    [35]Feb 5, 2009
    • member since: 08/23/08
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 2,176
    Man I'm telling you! The Rinnengan does seem overpowered to me. Nagato has to be tired from all of that fighting he's doing just by controlling dead bodies as puppets. He's got to be extremely smart and skillful to perform skills of that caliber. It's official! My man Naruto has battled with the best of all 3 great doujutsus. Naruto definitely has gained more experience than any of the rookies.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of narutorox3

    narutorox3

    [36]Feb 5, 2009
    • member since: 11/09/08
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 1,127
    Rafie26 wrote:
    The Rinnengan does seem overpowered to me.
    Not compared to Sage mode and EMS.

    Rafie26 wrote:
    Nagato has to be tired from all of that fighting he's doing just by controlling dead bodies as puppets.
    It might not use as much chakra as we think.

    Rafie26 wrote:
    He's got to be extremely smart and skillful to perform skills of that caliber.
    I think God Pain is the one that is smart out of all the Pain bodies because he is the one that makes the decisions.

    Rafie26 wrote:
    Naruto definitely has gained more experience than any of the rookies.
    I think Sasuke has a bit more experience since he has been in more battles in Shippuden.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RaizenYusuke

    RaizenYusuke

    [37]Feb 5, 2009
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 8,084

    Rafie26 wrote:
    Man I'm telling you! The Rinnengan does seem overpowered to me. Nagato has to be tired from all of that fighting he's doing just by controlling dead bodies as puppets. He's got to be extremely smart and skillful to perform skills of that caliber. It's official! My man Naruto has battled with the best of all 3 great doujutsus. Naruto definitely has gained more experience than any of the rookies.
    Aside from the giant Shinra Tensei I don't think the other bodies use a large amount of chakra to move or use their techniques.

    narutorox3 wrote:
    I think God Pain is the one that is smart out of all the Pain bodies because he is the one that makes the decisions.
    I don't think any of the bodies are smarter then the others, it seems the lead body depends on which one Nagato chooses as the main body. When he fought Jiraiya and used Animal Realm as the main body it was the one talking making all the decisions while Hungry Ghost Realm and Human Realm just followed his lead.

    Edited on 02/05/2009 3:22pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of firefox59

    firefox59

    [38]Feb 5, 2009
    • member since: 09/25/05
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 7,233
    Rafie26 wrote:
    Man I'm telling you! The Rinnengan does seem overpowered to me. Nagato has to be tired from all of that fighting he's doing just by controlling dead bodies as puppets. He's got to be extremely smart and skillful to perform skills of that caliber. It's official! My man Naruto has battled with the best of all 3 great doujutsus. Naruto definitely has gained more experience than any of the rookies.
    Lol hes a genin.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Rafie26

    Rafie26

    [39]Feb 6, 2009
    • member since: 08/23/08
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 2,176
    narutorox3 wrote:
    Rafie26 wrote:
    The Rinnengan does seem overpowered to me.
    Not compared to Sage mode and EMS.

    Rafie26 wrote:
    Nagato has to be tired from all of that fighting he's doing just by controlling dead bodies as puppets.
    It might not use as much chakra as we think.

    Rafie26 wrote:
    He's got to be extremely smart and skillful to perform skills of that caliber.
    I think God Pain is the one that is smart out of all the Pain bodies because he is the one that makes the decisions.

    Rafie26 wrote:
    Naruto definitely has gained more experience than any of the rookies.
    I think Sasuke has a bit more experience since he has been in more battles in Shippuden.


    I guess I'll hold my opinion on the Rinnengan til we see more of what it can do. So far, the Rinnengan seems to be on par with the power of the Sharingan. I wonder if there are different variation levels that the Rinnengan can achieve. If it is, then I'll definitely say the Rinnengan is overpowered. You don't think all the jutsu he's been performing like the Shinra Tensei, soul absorbtion jutsus, and that reviving jutsu? Not to mention that jutsu that leveled Konoha. If he's not tired from doing all of that then he's one heck of a nin. His Rinnengan that ties him to the six bodies to share the same view and fight strong opponents and win with little difficulty is crazy.

    On the note about Naruto and Sasuke. I did forget to mention Sasuke. I believe both of them have enough experience that's on the same level. Naruto has fought just as many Akatsuki as Sasuke. Sasuke just defeated more one on one. FireFox: Both Naruto and Sasuke are still genin. And they are more powerful than anyone in Konoha. Tsunade is the exception.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Rafie26

    Rafie26

    [40]Feb 6, 2009
    • member since: 08/23/08
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 2,176
    Oh....I forgot about Danzo. I don't know how strong he is, so I won't speculate about his strength.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.