Naruto Forums

TV Tokyo (ended 2007)

Rokudaime: Who will it be? (Manga Spoilers)

Who do you think will succeed Tsunade?

xTokiWartoothx

[1]Feb 25, 2009
    • level: 10
    Well I think it's obvious that most of us want Naruto to make Hokage, but with Danzou's plot beginning to thin it's looking murky, at least for becoming the 6th. Also, it doesn't seem like Naruto is yet ready to take on the non-physical responsibilities of the job like handling Konohagakure's financial state, and all of the paperwork and red tape. At this point Shikamaru seems, to me, the more likely candidate, though he is not nearly as powerful as Naruto. Where do you all stand?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Nightmare_River

[2]Feb 25, 2009
    • level: 4
    I have no clue.

I don't think Naruto will be Hokage till the very end, though.

xTokiWartoothx

[3]Feb 25, 2009
    Nightmare_River wrote:
    I have no clue.

I don't think Naruto will be Hokage till the very end, though.

agreed, since the start of the series ive had this image in my mind of the last two pages of the final chapter being a huge picture of narutos coronation with him in the center and crowds of people below cheering and the words "And thus is the tale of Uzumaki Naruto, the greatest ninja that ever lived"

firefox59

[4]Feb 25, 2009
    • level: 19
    Did something happen to Tsunade in this weeks spoilers or something? She is still there ya know. Without a worthy candidate there would be no point for her to step down. And if something did happen to Tsunade, be courteous put it in a spoiler quote, ty.

xTokiWartoothx

[5]Feb 25, 2009
    firefox59 wrote:
    Did something happen to Tsunade in this weeks spoilers or something? She is still there ya know. Without a worthy candidate there would be no point for her to step down. And if something did happen to Tsunade, be courteous put it in a spoiler quote, ty.

firstly, i put manga spoilers in the title, secondly this thread is about speculation, i never said she was stepping down anytime soon.

regardless, the hokage is supposed to be the strongest shinobi in the village, at this point it is obviously no longer tsunade

pikastatic100

[6]Feb 25, 2009
    • level: 48
    Hm, if Naruto does become the 6th, I think Konohamaru will become the 7th. Otherwise, if someone else becomes the 6th, Naruto will become the 7th, and Konohamaru will become the 8th.

xTokiWartoothx

[7]Feb 25, 2009
    i'm really leaning towards danzou as the 6th after an overthrow with help from madara because that could open up for a part 3 where sasuke and naruto team up to take konoha back, naruto to return konoha to it's former glory, and sasuke to kill danzou and the elders for having the uchiha killed

fuji0214

[8]Feb 25, 2009
    • level: 6
    xTokiWartoothx wrote:
    Nightmare_River wrote:
    I have no clue. I don't think Naruto will be Hokage till the very end, though.
    agreed, since the start of the series ive had this image in my mind of the last two pages of the final chapter being a huge picture of narutos coronation with him in the center and crowds of people below cheering and the words "And thus is the tale of Uzumaki Naruto, the greatest ninja that ever lived"
    If that's the case, then that means everything Naruto does before he becomes hokage has to give him that title. Which if that IS the case, that almost implies his time as hokage doesn't factor into his greatness; maybe even considered meaningless... To obtain that title I think the character has to die. Hey there you go, some groundwork for part 4! Naruto as hokage! Of course then we may be in the chapter 1000+

xTokiWartoothx

[9]Feb 25, 2009
    i seriously have not a single objection to the naruto series running for 15+ years. i would not at all be concerned with it getting stale because kishi has proved that he can just crank exiting **** out like second nature

fuji0214

[10]Feb 25, 2009
    xTokiWartoothx wrote:
    i seriously have not a single objection to the naruto series running for 15+ years. i would not at all be concerned with it getting stale because kishi has proved that he can just crank exiting **** out like second nature

I have to agree with you about the length. But I would be afraid that Kishi would hit a wall somewhere sometime. Especially if he got into a part where Naruto was hokage and at war with other countries. I don't know how much I would like the series if Naruto wasn't personally fighting. I mean do they actually allow the hokage to fight other than when the village is directly attacked?

xTokiWartoothx

[11]Feb 25, 2009
    fuji0214 wrote:
    xTokiWartoothx wrote:

I have to agree with you about the length. But I would be afraid that Kishi would hit a wall somewhere sometime. Especially if he got into a part where Naruto was hokage and at war with other countries. I don't know how much I would like the series if Naruto wasn't personally fighting. I mean do they actually allow the hokage to fight other than when the village is directly attacked?

true. i count filler material as canon in the sense that it is canon to the anime but not the manga. and in one arc we see tsunade leave to take on those fat sumo twins who escaped from konoha's shinobi prison

fuji0214

[12]Feb 25, 2009

xTokiWartoothx wrote:
    true. i count filler material as canon in the sense that it is canon to the anime but not the manga. and in one arc we see tsunade leave to take on those fat sumo twins who escaped from konoha's shinobi prison
    I understand that, it makes sense and is perfectly logically. To be honest I had completely forgot about that until you mentioned it. Unfortunately, so much of the filler stuff is forgettable. There's a few gems in there, but ya have to watch 90 episodes to find them.

I am curious to know how much influence/involvement manga authors have in filler story arcs... if any at all.

Edited on 02/25/2009 9:42pm

xTokiWartoothx

[13]Feb 25, 2009
    fuji0214 wrote:

xTokiWartoothx wrote:
    I understand that, it makes sense and is perfectly logically. To be honest I had completely forgot about that until you mentioned it. Unfortunately, so much of the filler stuff is forgettable. There's a few gems in there, but ya have to watch 90 episodes to find them.

I am curious to know how much influence/involvement manga authors have in filler story arcs... if any at all.

well, they have a little involvement depending on the scenario. like raiga is canon in both medias as he has been cleared by kishi as one of the seven swordsman of the mist. some may not consider his death to be canon to the manga though
    Edited on 02/25/2009 9:45pm
    Edited 2 total times.

qtwanderer

[14]Feb 25, 2009
    • level: 27
    "Its not canon if its not written in the manga."- founder of the Canon Police

Ranemoraken

[15]Feb 26, 2009
    • level: 20
    The way the manga is leaning now, Naruto may never wish to become hokage if it means drawing violence to his village. Since I also believe that Danzou is a diversion who will never become hokage and Kakashi is down for the count, that leaves only Konohamaru who will hopefully become stronger as the series goes on. I wish he pulled out a few more techs on pain to get him down though.

xTokiWartoothx

[16]Feb 26, 2009
    qtwanderer wrote:

its not canon to the MANGA if its not written in the MANGA

DARK KNIGHT REFERENCE

think of kishi as batman, the real law on canon, and the canon police as those guys who dressed up as batman, only to get beaten by the real batman for being vigilantes wearing "hocky pads"

the only authority on canon is the one who created it in the first place, not some dudes sitting around on the internet griping at other people because they think that their opinion is fact.

if kishi doesn't say it is or it isn't, then it is all subject to debate.

Elderlore

[17]Feb 26, 2009
    • level: 7
    xTokiWartoothx wrote:
    i'm really leaning towards danzou as the 6th after an overthrow with help from madara because that could open up for a part 3 where sasuke and naruto team up to take konoha back, naruto to return konoha to it's former glory, and sasuke to kill danzou and the elders for having the uchiha killed

Love this idea. I'd kind of imagine it as a post-apocalyptic world though. Or maybe all the buildings look like Pein's tower where the bodies are taken to. Pein would have to rule the world with an iron fist though, enter Naruto and Sasuke to hand out some sweet sweet justice!!

xTokiWartoothx

[18]Feb 26, 2009
    Elderlore wrote:
    xTokiWartoothx wrote:

Love this idea. I'd kind of imagine it as a post-apocalyptic world though. Or maybe all the buildings look like Pein's tower where the bodies are taken to. Pein would have to rule the world with an iron fist though, enter Naruto and Sasuke to hand out some sweet sweet justice!!

lol, konoha - fallout 3 style. love it

qtwanderer

[19]Feb 27, 2009
    • level: 27
    xTokiWartoothx wrote:
    qtwanderer wrote:

its not canon to the MANGA if its not written in the MANGA

DARK KNIGHT REFERENCE

think of kishi as batman, the real law on canon, and the canon police as those guys who dressed up as batman, only to get beaten by the real batman for being vigilantes wearing "hocky pads"

the only authority on canon is the one who created it in the first place, not some dudes sitting around on the internet griping at other people because they think that their opinion is fact.

if kishi doesn't say it is or it isn't, then it is all subject to debate.
    That analogy only made things more confusing O_O

xTokiWartoothx

[20]Feb 27, 2009
    lol, yeah, yesterday was not a good day to be reading the stuff i typed, i was in the middle of a caffeine high and was watching the dark knight.