We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Naruto Forums

TV Tokyo (ended 2007)

Rokudaime: Who will it be? (Manga Spoilers)

Who do you think will succeed Tsunade?

Eddy654

[61]Mar 1, 2009
    • level: 18
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    xTokiWartoothx wrote:
    firefox59 wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

Come on fire that's a bit exterme. I can't remember one fight Kakashi won without taijutsu. Tsunade wasn't overwhelmed by Kabuto's speed(to my memory) and he is about as fast as Kakashi was. Guy probably faster, but I think Tsuande's speed is on para with Kakashi's or only slightly slower then him. I don't think Tsunade would be overwhelmed by Kakashi's speed like Gaara was by Lee's.

Nightmare_River wrote:
    I see that the Kunoichi underestimation hasn't changed. -_-

I'm just glad there are some posters who don't come to such radical conclusions.

Come on Nightmare, just because fire thinks Kakashi's stronger doesn't mean he is calling Tsunade weak.

That's true but Kakashi has never faced a taijutsu exclusive fighter. I was just saying that because (to our knowledge) Tsunade doesn't have any ninjutsu, Kakashi could probably keep her at bay. And why do you think Kabuto is as fast as Kakashi? Kakashi was able to stop Kabuto's attack on Sasuke before he could react.

kakashi has sparred with gai, who is a strictly taijutsu fighter. and i think the reason why kabuto was stopped from killing sasuke wasn't because kakashi is faster but because he caught him off guard.

ninja's use stealth remember?
    I agree with toki it seemed more of Kakashi being up to sneak up on Kabuto, not being faster. I have been able to sneak up on my friends and I know I am not faster then them. Speed to me seemed to be one of the factors Orochimaru would take into account on Kabuto being equal to Kakashi(especially since Kakashi has more ninjutsu). The whole medical ninja thing about being able to dodge and avoid attacks makes me think they are pretty fast. Ok I get what your saying now fire. When you said no using taijutsu it gave off the impression that Kakashi can beat Tsunade by just standing still and spam ninjutsu.
    Hence the time when Sakura faced Sasori and knew how to evade and anticipate his movements.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

firefox59

[62]Mar 1, 2009
    • level: 19

How did he sneak up on Kabuto? If I remember right Kakashi walked into the room then Kabuto put the blade to Sasuke's neck. And Kakashi got all the way across the room before Kabuto could do anything.

And your right Kakashi has fought Gai, of course, but Tsunade doesn't have his speed.

xTokiWartoothx

[63]Mar 1, 2009
    • level: 10
    firefox59 wrote:

How did he sneak up on Kabuto? If I remember right Kakashi walked into the room then Kabuto put the blade to Sasuke's neck. And Kakashi got all the way across the room before Kabuto could do anything.

And your right Kakashi has fought Gai, of course, but Tsunade doesn't have his speed.

the way i remember it was that he was about to slice sasuke's neck when he realized kakashi was right behind him and turned the blade towards kakashi

RaizenYusuke

[64]Mar 1, 2009
    • level: 28
    It did not really seem like speed thing from what I remeber it was more of Kakashi went into the room unnoticed and stopped the attack. Despite Tsuande not having alot of offensive ninjutsu(if any) I do not think it would hinder her much. I guess this is pointless until Tsunade has another major battle(if she ever does) and see the extent of her abilities, to make a better debate.

xTokiWartoothx

[65]Mar 1, 2009

RaizenYusuke wrote:
    It did not really seem like speed thing from what I remeber it was more of Kakashi went into the room unnoticed and stopped the attack. Despite Tsuande not having alot of offensive ninjutsu(if any) I do not think it would hinder her much. I guess this is pointless until Tsunade has another major battle(if she ever does) and see the extent of her abilities, to make a better debate.
    exactly, she excels in medical ninjutsu and close combat because it's her specialy. just like naruto specializes in mid-close range ninjutsu, and tenzo at long range. they play to their strengths

you know what they say "a jack of all trades is a master of none"

(though i admit it may not be the most effective, i like naruto's taijutsu style, it's very random and unpredictable, as well as very flashy)

Edited on 03/01/2009 8:38pm

firefox59

[66]Mar 2, 2009
    xTokiWartoothx wrote:

RaizenYusuke wrote:
    exactly, she excels in medical ninjutsu and close combat because it's her specialy. just like naruto specializes in mid-close range ninjutsu, and tenzo at long range. they play to their strengths

(though i admit it may not be the most effective, i like naruto's taijutsu style, it's very random and unpredictable, as well as very flashy)

That is sort of my point, Kakashi is pretty much a long range to medium range expert vs. Tsunade who is an exclusive close range fighter. Now don't get me wrong guys, I'm not saying Kakashi would come out unscathed. I just think he would have the advantage in the matchup and could maybe even take a shot and survive long enough to win.

xTokiWartoothx

[67]Mar 2, 2009
    firefox59 wrote:
    xTokiWartoothx wrote:

RaizenYusuke wrote:

That is sort of my point, Kakashi is pretty much a long range to medium range expert vs. Tsunade who is an exclusive close range fighter. Now don't get me wrong guys, I'm not saying Kakashi would come out unscathed. I just think he would have the advantage in the matchup and could maybe even take a shot and survive long enough to win.

imo, i dont think kakashi would have a chance against tsunade 1 on 1.

fuji0214

[68]Mar 2, 2009
    • level: 6
    xTokiWartoothx wrote:
    I don't think kakashi would stand a chance either. He's a perv like Jiraya. Tsunade would break out her "flash naked breast no jutsu" and kaskashi would say "whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooa" and then...
    Starflower

And that my friend, would be the end of it! 
    Edited on 03/02/2009 12:56pm

qtwanderer

[69]Mar 2, 2009
    • level: 27
    fuji0214 wrote:
    xTokiWartoothx wrote:
    I don't think kakashi would stand a chance either. He's a perv like Jiraya. Tsunade would break out her "flash naked breast no jutsu" and kaskashi would say "whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooa" and then...
    Starflower

O_O

xTokiWartoothx

[70]Mar 2, 2009
    qtwanderer wrote:
    fuji0214 wrote:
    xTokiWartoothx wrote:
    Starflower

O_O

lol

firefox59

[71]Mar 2, 2009
    xTokiWartoothx wrote:
    qtwanderer wrote:
    fuji0214 wrote:
    xTokiWartoothx wrote:
    Starflower

O_O

lol
    Haha. Well yes in that case Kakashi would be destroyed.

qtwanderer

[72]Mar 2, 2009
    • level: 27
    in that case any man in the village would be destroyed by that...tsunade using her forbidden jutsus
    Edited on 03/02/2009 5:26pm

RaizenYusuke

[73]Mar 2, 2009
    I know Kakashi's status is still questionable, but why isn't he on the list for possible candidates? I mean Tsunade and Jiraiya both agree he was a obvious choice for Hokage. I can see Kakashi turning it down like Jiraiya did, but if Tsunade died and the alternative was Danzo, then I think he would accepted just to keep Konoha together. What if Kakashi became the Sixth Hokage when Team Hawk invade Konoha? Kakashi would have to choose rather to fight to kill to protect Konoha like the past Hokages or try to save Sasuke from himself and risk being killed putting Konoha at risk.

xTokiWartoothx

[74]Mar 2, 2009

RaizenYusuke wrote:
    I know Kakashi's status is still questionable, but why isn't he on the list for possible candidates? I mean Tsunade and Jiraiya both agree he was a obvious choice for Hokage. I can see Kakashi turning it down like Jiraiya did, but if Tsunade died and the alternative was Danzo, then I think he would accepted just to keep Konoha together. What if Kakashi became the Sixth Hokage when Team Hawk invade Konoha? Kakashi would have to choose rather to fight to kill to protect Konoha like the past Hokages or try to save Sasuke from himself and risk being killed putting Konoha at risk.

1: because of his questionable state currently

2: there were reasons why he wasn't offered the job the first time around, except for his mangekyou (which isn't very useful for a hokage because it would lay him up in the hospital for weeks, unable to run the village) he hasn't gotten any stronger since part one, so he's not really any more capable than he used to be.

3: he is not strong enough to be the village's "final solution" to an enemy attack. when he confronted orochimaru after the prelims in the chuunin exam, he knew that he would die, however orochimaru didn't attack. but he couldn't have taken him, whereas tsunade, or jiraiya, the candidates for godaime, could (which at the time was important because orochimaru was the villages current threat having just been attacked and losing their hokage to him.)

4. considering sandaime was in his 60's to 70's and still was able to fend orochimaru off (for the time being) and that kakashi himself knew he wouldn't last against orochimaru, that kinda shows that he isn;t strong enough to lead the village. i mean he admitted he could not do what a 70 year old man was able to still achieve.

5. kakashi would NOT take the job.

5a. he is not the paperwork kind of guy

5b. he would not want to lead the village when he knows there are enemies (like pein) out there who are far more powerful

5c. he would feel that there are many stronger, younger ninja in the village capable of doing the job. shikamaru, for one, "killed" hidan and is more than intelligent enough for the job. naruto, even week after training, defeated kakuzu where kakashi could not, and took out for of pein's bodies where kakashi could not even take one.

5d. as long as naruto is an active ninja, he would want to be there to ensure his safety, not at a desk. as he's said, he's not "going to let anyone on [his] team die..."

Edited on 03/02/2009 6:15pm

RaizenYusuke

[75]Mar 2, 2009

I agree with most of your points, but Kakashi has improved since part 1. Kakashi could only use Raikiri four times a day and that would use up all his chakra, but against Kakuzu, he did five or six and still had chakra to use other techniques(that's improvement).

I don't think you should hold power against Kakahsi if you are considering Shikamaru and Sakura for the position. Shikamaru was impressive against Hidan and he definitely has the intelligence would be great for the job, but lacking in the power. Sakura at best right now is above a average chunin. You have to agree if we are talking about who is the best well rounded for the job right now(not counting Danzo and possibly Naruto) it is Kakashi.

The paper work come on Tsunade isn't the type either but she does it, heck Naruto is not even the paper type. I agree he would take the job, but if Tsunade is dead and the other choice is Danzo you do not think he would take it to keep Konoha together like Tsunade did. Unlike Jiraiya who turned it down there may not be a better alternative. I agree with most your reasons toki, for not including Kakashi.

Edited on 03/02/2009 6:53pm
    Edited 2 total times.

xTokiWartoothx

[76]Mar 2, 2009
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

I agree with most of your points, but Kakashi has improved since part 1. Kakashi could only use Raikiri four times a day and that would use up all his chakra, but against Kakuzu, he did five or six and still had chakra to use other techniques(that's improvement).

I don't think you should hold power against Kakahsi if you are considering Shikamaru and Sakura for the position. Shikamaru was impressive against Hidan and he definitely has the intelligence would be great for the job, but lacking in the power. Sakura at best right now is above a average chunin. You have to agree if we are talking about who is the best well rounded for the job right now(not counting Danzo and possibly Naruto) it is Kakashi.

The paper work come on Tsunade isn't the type either but she does it, heck Naruto is not even the paper type. I agree he would take the job, but if Tsunade is dead and the other choice is Danzo you do not think he would take it to keep Konoha together like Tsunade did. Unlike Jiraiya who turned it down there may not be a better alternative.

tsunade only does paperwork because $hizune did it with her, and forced her. with her gone she will have to learn to be fully responsible.

and as far as shikamaru not being powerful enough i disagree. his power lies in his intelligence, which he has used to defeat many enemies FAR stronger than him. his brain power easily puts him over kakashi, i mean, in the hidan kakuzu arc kakashi was taking orders from shikamaru, not the other way around, because he knew if they had once chance, it was to trust shika's tactical and perceptive intelligence.

and with sakura, i would say she is far above chuunin level. just not in experience. but as far as being well rounded goes, she would be, she may not know many ninjutsu, but i'd venture a guess that she is more intelligent than tsunade, and is nearly as good as her concerning medical jutsu and the chakra-powered taijutsu that tsunade trained her in. plus she is definitely faster and more agile than tsunade. as naruto pointed out, her "petite" figure is much more suitable for speed nd movement than tsunade's "curvy" one

fuji0214

[77]Mar 2, 2009

qtwanderer wrote:
    in that case any man in the village would be destroyed by that...tsunade using her forbidden jutsus
    106 cm!

whatever

Edited on 03/02/2009 7:25pm

RaizenYusuke

[78]Mar 2, 2009
    xTokiWartoothx wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

The paper work come on Tsunade isn't the type either but she does it, heck Naruto is not even the paper type. I agree he would take the job, but if Tsunade is dead and the other choice is Danzo you do not think he would take it to keep Konoha together like Tsunade did. Unlike Jiraiya who turned it down there may not be a better alternative.

tsunade only does paperwork because $hizune did it with her, and forced her. with her gone she will have to learn to be fully responsible. and as far as shikamaru not being powerful enough i disagree. his power lies in his intelligence, which he has used to defeat many enemies FAR stronger than him. his brain power easily puts him over kakashi, i mean, in the hidan kakuzu arc kakashi was taking orders from shikamaru, not the other way around, because he knew if they had once chance, it was to trust shika's tactical and perceptive intelligence. and with sakura, i would say she is far above chuunin level. just not in experience. but as far as being well rounded goes, she would be, she may not know many ninjutsu, but i'd venture a guess that she is more intelligent than tsunade, and is nearly as good as her concerning medical jutsu and the chakra-powered taijutsu that tsunade trained her in. plus she is definitely faster and more agile than tsunade. as naruto pointed out, her "petite" figure is much more suitable for speed nd movement than tsunade's "curvy" one
    Shikamaru's intelligence is great he beats Kakashi in that area, and Sakura IMO has more potential then Kakashi. But you still have a double standard for Shikamaru and Sakura over Kakashi in power. You cited he could not defeat Orochimaru, lost to Kakuzu, and the Demon Realm(whom he would have gotten regardless of Chouji and Chouza coming to the rescue) and God Realm. Cited that Hiruzen was still far stronger even past his prime, this are all cases of power. Where as Shikamaru and Sakura power seems to be based on potential and winning battles against high level opponents, but not their actual power level.

Sakura in Part 2 was still pretty powerless against Orochimaru when they met again. If Pain had not called them back there is a good chance Hidan could have killed Shikamaru, as the strategy he devised that defeated Hidan took time to set up and there was no guarantee any plan he came up with on the spot would have worked. Come on regardless Tsunade still did paper work rather $hizuna helpped her or not, I doubt it is that big of a deal(I thought you were joking when you mentioned it).

fuji0214

[79]Mar 2, 2009

Albeit Shikamaru is probably the most intelligent preson in the entire and his brain power is his biggest strength, what happens when he runs out of people to protect him? IMO Shik's a completely joke, he has no power and from what we've seen two different techs. The ONLY reason he beat Hidan is b/c he had a "practice" round that cost his sensei his life. All of the hokages have a had good deal of intelligence and have all have been excellent fighters - regardless of their specialties have lain.

And to be honest, the only person from naruto's generation I see being hokage is him. As far as I know, the hokage has always went to the next generation, I'm not sure how that works with the 2nd since he was the brother of the 1st. And on top of that, anyone who would take it would be a "filler" hokage until Naruto took over - well know that. With Sakura & Shika as his right and left hands I think he would be just fine as hokage.

xTokiWartoothx

[80]Mar 2, 2009
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    xTokiWartoothx wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

tsunade only does paperwork because $hizune did it with her, and forced her. with her gone she will have to learn to be fully responsible. and as far as shikamaru not being powerful enough i disagree. his power lies in his intelligence, which he has used to defeat many enemies FAR stronger than him. his brain power easily puts him over kakashi, i mean, in the hidan kakuzu arc kakashi was taking orders from shikamaru, not the other way around, because he knew if they had once chance, it was to trust shika's tactical and perceptive intelligence. and with sakura, i would say she is far above chuunin level. just not in experience. but as far as being well rounded goes, she would be, she may not know many ninjutsu, but i'd venture a guess that she is more intelligent than tsunade, and is nearly as good as her concerning medical jutsu and the chakra-powered taijutsu that tsunade trained her in. plus she is definitely faster and more agile than tsunade. as naruto pointed out, her "petite" figure is much more suitable for speed nd movement than tsunade's "curvy" one
    Shikamaru's intelligence is great he beats Kakashi in that area, and Sakura IMO has more potential then Kakashi. But you still have a double standard for Shikamaru and Sakura over Kakashi in power. You cited he could not defeat Orochimaru, lost to Kakuzu, and the Demon Realm(whom he would have gotten regardless of Chouji and Chouza coming to the rescue) and God Realm. Cited that Hiruzen was still far stronger even past his prime, this are all cases of power. Where as Shikamaru and Sakura power seems to be based on potential and winning battles against high level opponents, but not their actual power level.

Sakura in Part 2 was still pretty powerless against Orochimaru when they met again. If Pain had not called them back there is a good chance Hidan could have killed Shikamaru, as the strategy he devised that defeated Hidan took time to set up and there was no guarantee any plan he came up with on the spot would have worked. Come on regardless Tsunade still did paper work rather $hizuna helpped her or not, I doubt it is that big of a deal(I thought you were joking when you mentioned it).

i can remember tons of times where $hizune kept bugging tsunade to do her work and tsunade refusing.

and power is measured by actions not by some archaic "degree" to what a persons capabilities are. i cited those fights because, their actions, proved that they overcame what some would have said not possible due to their lack of "power." i think overcoming challenges is what represents power. i think its completely fair to judge someone by accomplishments and not by perceived ability. kakashi may be strong, but he has lost many times where others who were thought to be "weaker" have won.

and yes, shika would have died had they not been called off. but that was because he was still lazy, and had not planned well enough, which is why, after asuma died, he said he would never let it happen again, he would always protect his comrades. and he did just that and defeated hidan to the point where he was actually in control of the ENTIRE fight. everything that happened, he had planned, and it all worked.

sounds like a hokage to me

Edited on 03/02/2009 7:45pm