Naruto Forums

TV Tokyo (ended 2007)

Should I watch ep.136-220 of Naruto?

Do I watch filler episodes of Naruto?

fifty_games

[21]Jan 28, 2009
    • level: 7
    Thanx for the answers guys : )

I actually really dont wanna spend my time watching animate more than I already do , but basically I dont think I will like episodes without any real story and no character development... No clue fights... I actually hated the part in season 4 when they went on a mission to protect a guy who was on a race, it didnt have much plot, or main character development. So if the fillers are like that Id rather skip them.

The only animate I ever really watched besides Naruto was DBZ and yeah I watched it because of the character development, which was so cool, and of course because of Vegeta who was so cool : D

Also I meant dubbed not subbed, btw y do they dub so slowly Naruto (1 in a week :S) I mean its like 4-5 seasons ahead in Japan right?

And do u think I should watch the episodes mentioned above(140,141 and 146?)

Oh and also keep up the posting on the poll : ) I think it would help some new guys here too.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

OneNotTaken

[22]Jan 28, 2009
    • level: 21
    The episodes in the 140's aren't necessary to the overall story, but if you want to get everything the creator intended for you to get, it wouldn't hurt.

It takes so long for the dubbed versions to come out because they take a lot of work. Yes they are about 120 episodes ahead in japan, but they started significantly later here than they did in japan, and it takes a lot of work to completely re-dub, re-edit, and re-orchestrate an entire show. Obviously it isn't as much work because they don't have to re-draw anything, but it still takes a lot of time.

OneNotTaken

[23]Jan 28, 2009
    • level: 21
    Also, I think if one of your poll options was something like "You can if you want, its a personal preference, they're ok" It would win the majority of votes by far.

=p

firefox59

[24]Jan 28, 2009
    • level: 19
    I think most people on this forum have seen all the fillers but if you are short on time don't even think about it. There are some decent arcs but most of them are a waste of time. Like the arc where they go searching for the bug is pretty good. DO watch the last 4-5 episodes with the Sand ninja though. That is worth it.

SSj022

[25]Jan 29, 2009
    • level: 16
    The land of the sea arc with Anko was pretty good.

fluffman4

[26]Jan 30, 2009
    *Laughs his fluffself to death*
    *Manga is thrown in front of the fluffy face*

Ok guys, I'm back.

firefox59

[27]Jan 30, 2009
    SSj022 wrote:
    The land of the sea arc with Anko was pretty good.
    Yeah. It was cool seeing Anko finally. She has been totally left out of the series.

springBOOB

[28]Feb 2, 2009
    • level: 11
    if your think ayame (the ramen girl) is hot, dont watch the fillers

ultimatekey

[29]Feb 2, 2009
    • level: 22
    springBOOB wrote:

Oh, yeah you're talking about the episode where she gets fat at the end, well at least she ate the diet ramen(which is popular for the ladies), but her dad ate too much, and he got too skinny.

firefox59

[30]Feb 2, 2009
    ultimatekey wrote:
    springBOOB wrote:

Oh, yeah you're talking about the episode where she gets fat at the end, well at least she ate the diet ramen(which is popular for the ladies), but her dad ate too much, and he got too skinny.
    Lol I must have blocked out all the bad fillers cause I don't remember this.

scatha_guardian

[31]Feb 3, 2009
    • level: 35

There are many good filler episodes to watch. Some are funny or lead into shippuden. As another user pointed out, do not let the cannon snobs get to you on this. Here is a guide you can look at, it is part of tv.com so I can post it here. You can look over the recap of the episode and decide for youself if you want to watch it. Here is the link:

http://www.epguides.com/Naruto/

theironbat46

[32]Feb 3, 2009
    • level: 5
    i personally am watching the subbed shippedun on the naruto website. fillers are okay but it's been a year. i mean c'mon. i want story progression. i admit some fillers were good for laughs or if you like love fandoms. i would skip it but u don't have to.

SPDShadowRanger

[33]Feb 3, 2009
    • level: 72

fifty_games wrote:
    I actually hated the part in season 4 when they went on a mission to protect a guy who was on a race, it didnt have much plot, or main character development. So if the fillers are like that Id rather skip them.

That filler was kind of bad, but a lot of them are actually good. I would say if your a fan of the show then just watch them anyway.

I loved the Rice Country, Mizuki, Bikochu Bettle, Raiga, Bird Country, Sea Country, Gennou, and Kurenai arcs. Plus I hear the next few are good.

Edited on 02/03/2009 6:49pm

stitch069917

[34]Feb 4, 2009
    • level: 76
    Some fillers are good, some are silly, and some just are not very good. I would recommend what scatha_guardian says and use the guide to decide.

fifty_games

[35]Feb 4, 2009
    Thanx for the replies guys. I think I only like the story progression of Naruto, so I dont think Ill like random fillers/missions, and I do not think I have time for them.

Also can anyone tell me how much do I have to wait for at least a season of Shippuden in English, I cant stand to watch the thing dubbed.

Thanx again

firefox59

[36]Feb 4, 2009
    stitch069917 wrote:
    Some fillers are good, some are silly, and some just are not very good. I would recommend what scatha_guardian says and use the guide to decide.
    The best way is too find someone who feels like talking and have them tell you which fillers suck and which don't. Cause the guides can make really boring stuff sound interesting, lol, trust me.

stitch069917

[37]Feb 5, 2009
    • level: 76
    firefox59 wrote:
    stitch069917 wrote:
    The best way is too find someone who feels like talking and have them tell you which fillers suck and which don't. Cause the guides can make really boring stuff sound interesting, lol, trust me.
    This is true.

Nightmare_Sea

[38]Feb 5, 2009
    • level: 3
    fifty_games wrote:
    Thanx for the replies guys. I think I only like the story progression of Naruto, so I dont think Ill like random fillers/missions, and I do not think I have time for them.

Also can anyone tell me how much do I have to wait for at least a season of Shippuden in English, I cant stand to watch the thing dubbed.

Thanx again

As you wish. It's your choice.

BTW, if you want to watch it in English, I think you mean you can't stand to watch it 'subbed.'

Subbed is Japanese while dubbed is English.

As for when Shippuden will finally make its dub debut, it'll probably be around by this Summer.

ultimatekey

[39]Feb 5, 2009
    • level: 22
    No, it will probably be release this spring, seeing as they are releasing Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja 4 in the spring, or so I heard.

fifty_games

[40]Feb 5, 2009
    Yes i meant I cant stand subbed(i confuse those 2 a lot)

TIL SUMMER!!!! Wtf? After I ran a 1 month 136 episodes of Naruto Marathon I feel like waiting for 6 months will be an eternity and then ill have to watch ep 1 per week.

U know what somebody make me forget Naruto and then make me remind of it in 2011. Then I can have another marathon