Naruto Forums

TV Tokyo (ended 2007)

The Naruto/Sakura RANT *SPOILERS*

ssDemonInuyasha

[101]Sep 21, 2006
    • level: 1

phoenixnaruto wrote:
    ssDemonInuyasha wrote:
    Hey no one wants to talk about who Naruto will end up with anymore? Why has everything turned into a DX competition?
    i am the master here and my students are just training thats all since all of them are just genin right now any way on a side note naruto and hinata all the way

Oh ok, forgot the suck it stuff is not from DX. You should keep your students in line. It looks like they  might be stuck as Genin forever the way they talk to their master.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

PhilDiffy

[102]Sep 21, 2006
    • level: 9
    Wige247 wrote:
    Animes have a history of creating obvious romantic tension between 2 people and never following up or setting up one of those people with another character. The first that comes to mind is from Kenshin w/ Sanosuke and Megumi. Everyone thought they'd end up together, but they never did.

I wouldn't be surprised if Naruto's feelings for Sakura have fizzled since the start of series, and I also wouldn't be surprised if Naruto is never paired up with anyone.

Yes, true, but if you follow the anime right now, it is apparent that he still likes her. Honestly, I think it's also proven in how he still calls her "Sakura-chan". Which is an affectionate term the way he uses it. I think the main conflict will be with his feelings for her and his "promise of a lifetime" to bring back Sasuke. Before he turned completely evil, and said that Orochimaru could take over his body as long as he can kill Itachi.

phoenixnaruto

[103]Sep 21, 2006
    • level: 1
    ssDemonInuyasha wrote:

phoenixnaruto wrote:
    ssDemonInuyasha wrote:
    Hey no one wants to talk about who Naruto will end up with anymore? Why has everything turned into a DX competition?
    i am the master here and my students are just training thats all since all of them are just genin right now any way on a side note naruto and hinata all the way

Oh ok, forgot the suck it stuff is not from DX. You should keep your students in line. It looks like they  might be stuck as Genin forever the way they talk to their master.

it will take time but by the time am done with them they will be their own master

knowledgeseeker

[104]Sep 21, 2006
    • level: 21
    Now back to the discussion, I wonder what Sakura and Sai are doing now. It has been a while since they made a real appearance (Sakura's cameo appearance in a recent chapter doesn't count). Sakura must be training with Granny Tsuande.  Her want to be useful to Naruto will bring her far.
    Edited on 09/21/2006 6:56pm

niceguyposer

[105]Sep 21, 2006
    • level: 6
    PhilDiffy wrote:
    Wige247 wrote:
    Animes have a history of creating obvious romantic tension between 2 people and never following up or setting up one of those people with another character. The first that comes to mind is from Kenshin w/ Sanosuke and Megumi. Everyone thought they'd end up together, but they never did.

I wouldn't be surprised if Naruto's feelings for Sakura have fizzled since the start of series, and I also wouldn't be surprised if Naruto is never paired up with anyone.

Yes, true, but if you follow the anime right now, it is apparent that he still likes her. Honestly, I think it's also proven in how he still calls her "Sakura-chan". Which is an affectionate term the way he uses it. I think the main conflict will be with his feelings for her and his "promise of a lifetime" to bring back Sasuke. Before he turned completely evil, and said that Orochimaru could take over his body as long as he can kill Itachi.

Honorific titles (-kun, -chan, -sensei, -sempai) are considered polite in Japan. It wouldn't be uncommon for Naruto or anybody else to call Sakura "Sakura-chan". I agree that the dub should've maintained the Japanese suffixes (and call it "ramen" NOT "noodles") because it tells the audience a lot about the characters. For example, Sasuke never refers to Kakashi as Kakashi-sensei or Naruto and Sakura as "Naruto-kun" and "Sakura-chan", respectively, because he has little regard for common courtesy.

DeadTeen

[106]Sep 22, 2006
    SO what is happening in this topic i am confused.

Drunk_Samurai

[107]Sep 22, 2006
    • level: 15
    niceguyposer wrote:
    PhilDiffy wrote:
    Wige247 wrote:

Honorific titles (-kun, -chan, -sensei, -sempai) are considered polite in Japan. It wouldn't be uncommon for Naruto or anybody else to call Sakura "Sakura-chan". I agree that the dub should've maintained the Japanese suffixes (and call it "ramen" NOT "noodles") because it tells the audience a lot about the characters. For example, Sasuke never refers to Kakashi as Kakashi-sensei or Naruto and Sakura as "Naruto-kun" and "Sakura-chan", respectively, because he has little regard for common courtesy.

I've never seen a dubbed anime that leaves in Japanese suffixes. Also they still call it Ramen in the dub.

knowledgeseeker

[108]Sep 22, 2006
    It is only in the UK they call it noodles. Actually almost Sakura and Naruto still call Kakashi Kakashi-sensei in the dub since he is the teacher, and they still keep lord (lord=sama). The only think they don't keep is kun, chan, ect.

PhilDiffy

[109]Sep 23, 2006
    Yes, it might not be uncommon to use that suffix, but in Naruto, it is only Naruto only who consistently, always, calls her Sakura-chan. You never see Sasuke giving out any titles. He's apparently too good for that. One of my friends is convinced that Sasuke is gay Since he ignores EVERY single girl that fawns over him. And could be like...say...Orochimaru?:-) Just food for thought.

niceguyposer

[110]Sep 23, 2006
    PhilDiffy wrote:
    Yes, it might not be uncommon to use that suffix, but in Naruto, it is only Naruto only who consistently, always, calls her Sakura-chan. You never see Sasuke giving out any titles. He's apparently too good for that. One of my friends is convinced that Sasuke is gay Since he ignores EVERY single girl that fawns over him. And could be like...say...Orochimaru?:-) Just food for thought.

Um, I just said that Sasuke thing...scroll up. And yeah, since Naruto developed some perverted traits while traveling with Jiraiya, it's possible that Sasuke plays for the other team now (and I don't mean Otogakure...).

pesho2

[111]Sep 23, 2006
    • level: 7
    ahahahahahah that was funny.. by the way what do you think is his NEW perverted jutsu he said that he has a new one to konohamaru

PhilDiffy

[112]Sep 23, 2006
    god only knows. honestly. I think we should pin this thread. It is quite useful. and proves the Naru/Saku point relatively well.

niceguyposer

[113]Sep 23, 2006
    PhilDiffy wrote:
    god only knows. honestly. I think we should pin this thread. It is quite useful. and proves the Naru/Saku point relatively well.

I've always wondered - what does pinning a thread do?

TheKyubi

[114]Sep 23, 2006
    • level: 7
    niceguyposer wrote:
    PhilDiffy wrote:

I've always wondered - what does pinning a thread do?

It makes it more popular I think or stupider

PhilDiffy

[115]Nov 19, 2006
    Yeah. So Naru/Hina supportersm ,you seem to be hellbent on supporting your couple. Please, when you have the amount of evidence I do for Naru/Saku , then you can say its a legit couple.

knowledgeseeker

[116]Nov 20, 2006
    PhilDiffy wrote:
    Yeah. So Naru/Hina supportersm ,you seem to be hellbent on supporting your couple. Please, when you have the amount of evidence I do for Naru/Saku , then you can say its a legit couple.

There aren't really any legit couples yet, except for Asuma and Kurenia.

FranklynH

[117]Nov 20, 2006
    • level: 11
    I dont even thin Naruto and Sakura will hook up properly like boyfriend and girlfriend. I just have a feeling.

Yashimi

[118]Nov 20, 2006
    • level: 4

Wow. And here I thought I was the Pairing Rant Master. I humbly except defeat. -_- *Bows* I have a huge Word File with all my Pairing Rants. I might have to Save yours for future reference. XD

Nicely done. I agree with basically everything said. Now we just hope it can convince at least a few Naru/Hina Sasu/Saku Centrics.

Edited on 11/20/2006 12:51pm

knowledgeseeker

[119]Nov 20, 2006
    Yashimi wrote:

Wow. And here I thought I was the Pairing Rant Master. I humbly except defeat. -_- *Bows* I have a huge Word File with all my Pairing Rants. I might have to Save yours for future reference. XD

Nicely done. I agree with basically everything said. Now we just hope it can convince at least a few Naru/Hina Sasu/Saku Centrics.

I totally hope that Sasu/Saku never happen.

PhilDiffy

[120]Nov 21, 2006
    Yes, please, do save it! it can be used to convert NaruHIna and SasuSaku centrics everywhere!