Naruto Forums

TV Tokyo (ended 2007)

Toonami Jetstream shuts down: Naruto to be moved to CN Video

springBOOB

[1]Feb 1, 2009
    • level: 11
    The Toonami Jetstream page has been closed, and in it was a message that will upset Naruto Dub watchers. According to this page, it says that Naruto will make it's new home on the Cartoon Network Video website, removing it from the CN channel as of January 30th. As for other shows like Blue Dragon, MAR, and other Viz Media animes, it is implied that they have been moved to Viz.com.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Nightmare_Ocean

[2]Feb 1, 2009
    • level: 3
    The dub hasn't been removed from the channel.

It's only referring to Toonami Jetstream.

A new episode aired on the channel just yesterday on the 31st and that article was talking about the 30th, so we know it wasn't referring to the network.

DarkHero20

[3]Feb 1, 2009
    • level: 4
    I give it one year before CN shuts down completely because of all their retarded decisions.

Nightmare_Ocean

[4]Feb 1, 2009
    Yeah. It's very sad how much CN has fallen and lost its touch.

On top of lacking great cartoons like the '90s had, canceling Toonami was a very devastating move. One that I wasn't fond of at all.

pikastatic100

[5]Feb 2, 2009
    • level: 48
    Nightmare_Ocean wrote:
    Yeah. It's very sad how much CN has fallen and lost its touch.

On top of lacking great cartoons like the '90s had, canceling Toonami was a very devastating move. One that I wasn't fond of at all.

Agreed, and now they eliminate Jetstream, the only remainder of good old Toonami. Guess all signs of it (Toonami) are now gone forever.

nacholibre92

[6]Feb 4, 2009
    • level: 24
    And next their probably going to rename the channel HAR HAR HAR Toons or some stupid name like that.

YamiGuzz

[7]Feb 7, 2009
    • level: 15
    It seems that it's going downhill. I bet if CN were to make a day for anime they could still save themselves but that's just me.

tenacon

[8]Feb 8, 2009
    • level: 10
    Well, there went any chance for non-4kids anime.

YamiGuzz

[9]Feb 8, 2009
    • level: 15
    Maybe 4kids will take over?

AnimeMadness

[11]Feb 8, 2009
    • level: 22
    YamiGuzz wrote:
    Maybe 4kids will take over?

GOD NO!

Nightmare_Sea

[12]Feb 8, 2009
    That would be so horrible, but I find it doubtful.

RaizenYusuke

[13]Feb 8, 2009
    • level: 28

YamiGuzz wrote:
    It seems that it's going downhill. I bet if CN were to make a day for anime they could still save themselves but that's just me.
    I don't think CN is doing that bad in term of viewers, it's not just their cartoons that went down in quality but all network cartoons as a whole. Apparently the start of the 2000 era of cartoons has just taken a new turn just like the 90s cartoons took a different turn from the 80s cartoons. CN(along with other networks) are no longer making cartoons that kids, teens, and adults can enjoy and have focused mostly on kids and second teens. I would imagine from a kids point of view the cartoons would appeal to them and so they will watch. It's just a matter of different tastes for different generations.

I really miss Toonami thankfully there are tons of youtube videos with old Toonami videos.

AnimeMadness

[14]Feb 8, 2009
    • level: 22
    Ugh, these kids really have bad taste when it comes to these new cartoons. The artwork and animation of the shows are horrendous, not to mention there's disgusting content in them half the time like emphasizing snot dripping out of noses. I watched one of the new cartoons on CN once, I think it was Flapjack, or Chowder, or something... That show that involves pirates or whatnot... =__=

Anyway, I saw an episode and was repulsed to see the characters having gross warts oozing all over their bodies/disfigurations and the moron of the show hugging a diseased infested rat! It was nothing but mindless dribble... Seriously, kids LIKE this crap? Why can't parents complain about this instead of complaining about the non-existing brutality of our anime?

Now, I don't really mind stupidity in cartoons, like Family Guy, but the creators of these new kids shows have really taken it too far. If I ever have kids, I would rather make them watch violence with a plot instead of gross stupidity failing as an attempt to pass off as comedy.

DuoMaxwell007

[15]Feb 9, 2009
    • level: 12
    Ok anyone wanna show where we can watch blue dragon/mar/kiba etc etc (i.e teh shows that were on jetstream) on viz.com case i dont see anything on that site that implies actually watching anime streaming from the site (except naruto shippuden episodes)

nacholibre92

[16]Feb 9, 2009
    • level: 24
    AnimeMadness wrote:
    Ugh, these kids really have bad taste when it comes to these new cartoons. The artwork and animation of the shows are horrendous, not to mention there's disgusting content in them half the time like emphasizing snot dripping out of noses. I watched one of the new cartoons on CN once, I think it was Flapjack, or Chowder, or something... That show that involves pirates or whatnot... =__=

Anyway, I saw an episode and was repulsed to see the characters having gross warts oozing all over their bodies/disfigurations and the moron of the show hugging a diseased infested rat! It was nothing but mindless dribble... Seriously, kids LIKE this crap? Why can't parents complain about this instead of complaining about the non-existing brutality of our anime?

Now, I don't really mind stupidity in cartoons, like Family Guy, but the creators of these new kids shows have really taken it too far. If I ever have kids, I would rather make them watch violence with a plot instead of gross stupidity failing as an attempt to pass off as comedy.
    That's Flapjack that you're talking about.

Anime-Fannn

[17]Feb 12, 2009
    • level: 7
    It only makes you wonder what kind of drug the people behind CN are taking when they make these retarded decisions