Naruto Forums

TV Tokyo (ended 2007)

Tsunade & Her Hokage Position: What'll Become of Them? (Huge Manga Spoilers)

pikastatic100

[1]Feb 16, 2009
    • level: 48
    Now that $hizune is officially confirmed dead, the tables are bound to turn for Tsunade and her position as Hokage. After all, Tsunade has been relying on $hizune a lot during her time as Village Leader (and before that). So of course, questions starts to rise: What will Tsunade do once the whole Akatsuki fiasco is over? Will she hang in there by herself? Will she hire someone else as top adviser? (or whatever $hizune was called) Will she quit as Hokage because of the burden? Personally, the last option seems quite unlikely to me, I'm sure Tsunade would stick around and do her best to help with looking after the rebuilding of Konoha. But would she be able to hang in there as Hokage without $hizune around? That's the main question. To me, it seems like a situation that Danzou would try to take advantage of.

Anyway, what do the rest of you think?
    Edited on 02/16/2009 3:22am
    Edited 3 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

fuji0214

[2]Feb 16, 2009
    • level: 6
    Personally - I think it's not that big of a deal to replace $hizune. Between Sakura and Shikamaru any duties that her previous attendant had would be well taken care of. Plus - Tsunade's mentioned trusting people as a big issue, I don't see anyone else besides those two that she would trust enough to have in that position.

tvcrazy12

[3]Feb 16, 2009
    • level: 16
    pikastatic100 wrote:
    Now that $hizune is officially confirmed dead, the tables are bound to turn for Tsunade and her position as Hokage. After all, Tsunade has been relying on $hizune a lot during her time as Village Leader (and before that). So of course, questions starts to rise: What will Tsunade do once the whole Akatsuki fiasco is over? Will she hang in there by herself? Will she hire someone else as top adviser? (or whatever $hizune was called) Will she quit as Hokage because of the burden? Personally, the last option seems quite unlikely to me, I'm sure Tsunade would stick around and do her best to help with looking after the rebuilding of Konoha. But would she be able to hang in there as Hokage without $hizune around? That's the main question. To me, it seems like a situation that Danzou would try to take advantage of.

Anyway, what do the rest of you think?
    sakura... she's her apprentice, that's pretty much been her job during most of shippuden, being tsunade's assistant.

LadyLaura26

[4]Feb 16, 2009
    • level: 12
    Well Danzou wants to take over (presumably)and Tsunade is weak at the moment because of the situation. Danzou must have some plan of his own and has not been fighting... It will be interesting to see how this turns out. It could be fairly disasterous if Pein takes Naruto and Danzou has a coup or if he has other plans.

narutorox3

[5]Feb 16, 2009
    • level: 9
    I think Tsunade's reign is coming to an end. I think Danzo will take over soon.

GotalSaiyajin

[6]Feb 18, 2009
    • level: 34
    Sakura will help from now on Tsunade, but Tsunade won't resign. She'll be the Hogake until Naruto will come to power

Tskyonmai07

[7]Feb 18, 2009
    • level: 14
    narutorox3 wrote:
    CAN'T BELIEVE I'M SAYING THIS but gots to agree wit narutorox3 on this one

narutorox3

[8]Feb 18, 2009
    Tskyonmai07 wrote:
    narutorox3 wrote:
    When have you ever disagreed?

Tskyonmai07

[9]Feb 18, 2009
    narutorox3 wrote:
    Tskyonmai07 wrote:
    narutorox3 wrote:
    oh we've have are disagreements espically involving sasuke and naruto but we always agree about anything involving itachi

narutorox3

[10]Feb 18, 2009
    Tskyonmai07 wrote:
    narutorox3 wrote:
    Tskyonmai07 wrote:
    narutorox3 wrote:
    oh we've have are disagreements espically involving sasuke and naruto but we always agree about anything involving itachi
    Meh I honestly don't remember. What did we disagree about again?

Tskyonmai07

[11]Feb 18, 2009
    narutorox3 wrote:
    Tskyonmai07 wrote:
    narutorox3 wrote:
    Tskyonmai07 wrote:
    narutorox3 wrote:
    I think it was in that MS VS. Sage Mode Thread

narutorox3

[12]Feb 18, 2009
    Tskyonmai07 wrote:
    narutorox3 wrote:
    Tskyonmai07 wrote:
    narutorox3 wrote:
    Tskyonmai07 wrote:
    narutorox3 wrote:
    I think it was in that MS VS. Sage Mode Thread
    Oh ya its all coming back now.

nacholibre92

[13]Feb 18, 2009
    • level: 24
    Danzo's going to kill Tsunade in the state she's in, I just have a gut feeling about it.

AnimeMadness

[14]Feb 18, 2009
    • level: 22
    I think a little more of her sanity is going to slip. She didn't take the deaths of her brother or lover too well. She was very close to Sh(i)zune. Lets not forget that Sh(i)zune was Dan's niece (correct me if I'm wrong). To Tsunade, its going to be Dan's death all over again.

Rafie26

[15]Feb 19, 2009
    • level: 11
    And with that...Tsunade will make a huge stand. I have to admit that her situation looks bleak. But she won't roll over and dye so easily. I want to say that Danzo can't kill her because she's too strong, but we know nothing of Danzo. *sigh* Tsunade...Tsunade!! Once she's gone, that would be it for the legendary Sannin.

YamiGuzz

[16]Feb 19, 2009
    • level: 15
    I think it's still to early to tell. She hasn't even been informed about her death yet so i need to see her reaction. If i'm correct Sakura will leave the team and become Tsunade's full time assistant. Another scenario is that Tsunade will stay in her old state and take the job more seriously.

Tskyonmai07

[17]Feb 19, 2009
    Rafie26 wrote:
    And with that...Tsunade will make a huge stand. I have to admit that her situation looks bleak. But she won't roll over and dye so easily. I want to say that Danzo can't kill her because she's too strong, but we know nothing of Danzo. *sigh* Tsunade...Tsunade!! Once she's gone, that would be it for the legendary Sannin.
    out with the Old in with the new*COUGH*NARUTO,SASUKE,SAKURA*COUGH*

horvathgamer

[18]Feb 25, 2009
    • level: 8

lets look at some of the facts

1. we know danzo is planning some kind of coup de' ta, and it's gonna happen soon

2. Tsunade is in no shape to fight (she's already used all of the chakra stored in her forehead)

3. Assuming Naruto beats pain, he won't be in any condition to fight danzo more than likely

4. We can theorize that very few strong ninja are left in fighting condition at this time. Many are either too injured from fighting pain and konan or were injured by the shinra tensei.

5. Of the ninja we know seem to be in fighting condition (seen after the shinra tensei or there's evidence that they weren't affected by it) are shikamaru, his father shikaku, ino and her father, along with some of the other members of that unit, along with gai's team (outside of the village, and we can probably assume that they will have some part to play in either the attack on nagato or facing danzo because i don't they would include that kind of info unless it had some kind of significance, either way the chances that tsunade even survives this whole ordeal wether it be from chakra exhaustion or by another's hands aren't looking good at this time

scatha_guardian

[19]Feb 25, 2009
    • level: 35
    fuji0214 wrote:
    Personally - I think it's not that big of a deal to replace $hizune. Between Sakura and Shikamaru any duties that her previous attendant had would be well taken care of. Plus - Tsunade's mentioned trusting people as a big issue, I don't see anyone else besides those two that she would trust enough to have in that position.

Indeed...since we do not know as yet where the fight shall end up between Naruto and Pein, Tsunade needs people around here she knows she can depend upon. Sakura has trained under her for over 2 1/2 years now. Shikamaru can be a trusted advisor as was Jiraiya. They need to close ranks now.

fuji0214

[20]Feb 25, 2009
    • level: 6
    Come on people don't forget about Sakura. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the last time we physically saw Tsunade, Sakura was helping her stand. IF Danzou attempts anything against Tsunade he would have to get through her. Additionally, if a conflict did break out, (which it obviously would and given Sakura's level of destruction...) people would see Sakura fighting to protect Tsunade and then come over to help. There are still plenty of people to help protect Tsunade, Danzou would have to be pretty confident of himself and his Root members to still make a move. THAT'S also not accounting for the possiblity that Naruto defeats Pein and is able to participate in the protection!