Naruto Forums

TV Tokyo (ended 2007)

Was Itachi stronger than Sarutobi, while he was still in Konoha *Spoilers*

YoungLink89

[1]Jan 26, 2009
    • level: 18

There must've been a point when Itachi surpassed Orochimaru, and by surpassing Orochimaru, he must've surpassed Sarutobi since Sarutobi had aged. I'm also assuming that if Itachi surpassed Orochimaru, he must've surpassed or been on par with Tsunade (I know that with Jiraya it's up in the air). It's just hazy for me if Itachi surpassed Orochimaru (and perhaps the 3rd Hokage) during his time in Konoha, or if he surpassed Orochimaru after he defected and became part of Akatsuki?

If Itachi was stronger than Sarutobi while he was still in Konoha, and if what Madara stated was true, wouldn't it have been in Sarutobi's/the Elder's best interest to name Itachi the 5th to avoid conflict with the Uchiha clan? According to Madara, Itachi's loyalties were undivided and his loyalties were to the Elders and the 3th Hokage. Madara portrayed Itachi as unconditional to them and to their rule. Although an Uchiha, Hokage Itachi could've easily served as mediator between the Uchiha and the other clans, and the Uchiha massacre could've been avoided. I doubt the Uchiha clan would've tried a coup d'etat against one of their own, and the Elders would've had Itachi's ear and loyalty when it came to domestic policies. If Itachi had been named the 5th, Orochimaru would've probably thought twice about invading Konoha and/or going after Sasuke. Also, Akatsuki woul've had a hell lot more of a tough time trying to get their hands on Naruto with Itachi as Hokage and Jiraya as Naruto's sensei.

Edited on 01/26/2009 4:45pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Frozen_Ice89

[2]Jan 26, 2009
    • level: 2
    It's debatable.

Some say that Itachi could have and some say that he couldn't without the Mangekyo Sharingan, which came out of taking the assignment to kill the Uchihas.

RaizenYusuke

[3]Jan 26, 2009
    • level: 28
    Madara would have either gone himself to take Naruto or sent Pain(like now) after him. It may have been more difficult but still think Konoha would be were it is today a destroyed village. Who knows about Orochimaru maybe he would have stayed with the Akatsuki and never tried to destory Konoha. Maybe he would have stole another Uchiha's body and become stronger left.
    Edited on 01/26/2009 5:25pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Tskyonmai07

[4]Jan 26, 2009
    • level: 14

Let's see a Hokage Itachi, Kakashi and other Jounin ninja, Konhoa 11(including Sasuke), Uchia Clan & other clans VS. Pein or Madara hmmm...... who wins

RaizenYusuke

[5]Jan 26, 2009
    Tskyonmai07 wrote:

Let's see a Hokage Itachi, Kakashi and other Jounin ninja, Konhoa 11(including Sasuke), Uchia Clan & other clans VS. Pein or Madara hmmm...... who wins

Madara or Pain I don't think the Uchiha would have made that much of a difference and without MS Itachi probably couldn't take down Madara or Pain. If Madara and Pain went to the village together than no doubt Konoha would be destroyed regardless of who was Hokage.
    Edited on 01/26/2009 9:14pm

DonZ7Z

[6]Jan 27, 2009
    • level: 6
    I still think that orochimarus Edo Tensei should defeat Itachi quite easy. Resurrecting the first, second and fourth hokage and using them against Itachi would give Orochimaru the win.

Either the writers slipped giving him that attack or they slipped when they claimed that Itachi was more powerful Orochimaru. Flawed

Tskyonmai07

[7]Jan 27, 2009
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Tskyonmai07 wrote:

Madara or Pain I don't think the Uchiha would have made that much of a difference and without MS Itachi probably couldn't take down Madara or Pain. If Madara and Pain went to the village together than no doubt Konoha would be destroyed regardless of who was Hokage.
    how come itachi wouldn't hav MS it was proven that the MS can be unlocked without the killing of a best friend even so! i still think itachi would not pass up this power and still would've went along with killing of shisui before taking his seat as hokage(Espically if he knew about the akatskui powers the MS WOULD ONLY BE A SAFE HAVEN TO HAVE IN CASE OF ATTACK) thus if madara had attacked itachi he "may" be able to beat him on his own with MS. If Pein attacked of course itachi my take the victory although i beleieve sasuke and naruto would be able to take at least three bodies while itachi handles the real nagato.... but less be real if Pein and Madara attacked together god knows the village is doomed

Nightmare_Ocean

[8]Jan 27, 2009
    • level: 3
    DonZ7Z wrote:
    I still think that orochimarus Edo Tensei should defeat Itachi quite easy. Resurrecting the first, second and fourth hokage and using them against Itachi would give Orochimaru the win.

Either the writers slipped giving him that attack or they slipped when they claimed that Itachi was more powerful Orochimaru. Flawed

If you've seen part 2, you'd see that Oro is no match for Itachi.

Plus, from what we've seen, Edo Tensei takes time and in that time, Oro would be down on the floor dead.

Lastly,
    ***SPOILER***

Tskyonmai07

[9]Jan 27, 2009
    Nightmare_Ocean wrote:
    DonZ7Z wrote:

If you've seen part 2, you'd see that Oro is no match for Itachi.

Plus, from what we've seen, Edo Tensei takes time and in that time, Oro would be down on the floor dead.

Lastly,
    ***SPOILER***
    couldn't hav said it better myself Frozen

RaizenYusuke

[10]Jan 27, 2009
    Tskyonmai07 wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Tskyonmai07 wrote:

how come itachi wouldn't hav MS it was proven that the MS can be unlocked without the killing of a best friend even so! i still think itachi would not pass up this power and still would've went along with killing of shisui before taking his seat as hokage(Espically if he knew about the akatskui powers the MS WOULD ONLY BE A SAFE HAVEN TO HAVE IN CASE OF ATTACK) thus if madara had attacked itachi he "may" be able to beat him on his own with MS. If Pein attacked of course itachi my take the victory although i beleieve sasuke and naruto would be able to take at least three bodies while itachi handles the real nagato.... but less be real if Pein and Madara attacked together god knows the village is doomed
    If Itachi was made Hokage he wouldn't have looked for Madara and thus never learned how to achieve the MS. Since no one close to Itachi would have died since there was no massacre than I doubt he would have got MS in the same way Sasuke got his. I'm 100% sure Itachi would not have had the MS if the massacre never happened.

Tskyonmai07

[11]Jan 27, 2009
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Tskyonmai07 wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Tskyonmai07 wrote:

If Itachi was made Hokage he wouldn't have looked for Madara and thus never learned how to achieve the MS. Since no one close to Itachi would have died since there was no massacre than I doubt he would have got MS in the same way Sasuke got his. I'm 100% sure Itachi would not have had the MS if the massacre never happened.
    SO ITACHI didn't kno anything about the third tatomui mat intill he met madara

RaizenYusuke

[12]Jan 27, 2009
    Tskyonmai07 wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Tskyonmai07 wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Tskyonmai07 wrote:

Itachi already had the third toma before he met Madara, he mastered the Sharingan at age 8. The third toma is not a big secrect amoungst the Uchiha clan but the MS is I doubt Itachi knew much about the MS if anything at all before he met Madara. I don't think Itachi knew the secrect of unlocking it before he met Madara other wise why go to him for help?
    Edited on 01/27/2009 4:56pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Tskyonmai07

[13]Jan 27, 2009
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Tskyonmai07 wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Tskyonmai07 wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Tskyonmai07 wrote:

Itachi already had the third toma before he met Madara, he mastered the Sharingan at age 8. The third toma is not a big secrect amoungst the Uchiha clan but the MS is I doubt Itachi knew much about the MS if anything at all before he met Madara. I don't think Itachi knew the secrect of unlocking it before he met Madara other wise why go to him for help?
    no not the third toma silly I MEAN IN THE THIRD TATOMUI MAT AT THE UCHIA'S SECRET MEETING PLACE IS WERE THE SECRET OF THE MS HIDES itachi didn't kno about that intill he met madara is wat i asked

RaizenYusuke

[14]Jan 27, 2009
    Tskyonmai07 wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Tskyonmai07 wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Tskyonmai07 wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Tskyonmai07 wrote:

no not the third toma silly I MEAN IN THE THIRD TATOMUI MAT AT THE UCHIA'S SECRET MEETING PLACE IS WERE THE SECRET OF THE MS HIDES itachi didn't kno about that intill he met madara is wat i asked
    Oh that I don't think he knew about it until Madara.

Rafie26

[15]Jan 28, 2009
    • level: 11
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Tskyonmai07 wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Tskyonmai07 wrote:

Well Itachi never looked for Madara to begin with. It was just that Itachi was the only one to ever notice him. He bargained with Madara to leave Konoha alone. How Itachi would have gotten his MS any other way would be up in the air since we will never know.

qtwanderer

[16]Jan 28, 2009
    • level: 27
    YoungLink89 wrote:
    It's just hazy for me if Itachi surpassed Orochimaru (and perhaps the 3rd Hokage) during his time in Konoha, or if he surpassed Orochimaru after he defected and became part of Akatsuki?
    I would say after, when he became part of akatsuki...and he is still weaker than Sarutobi...if he was alive.

Tskyonmai07

[17]Jan 28, 2009
    Rafie26 wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Tskyonmai07 wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Tskyonmai07 wrote:

Well Itachi never looked for Madara to begin with. It was just that Itachi was the only one to ever notice him. He bargained with Madara to leave Konoha alone. How Itachi would have gotten his MS any other way would be up in the air since we will never know.
    all i'm sayin is that if itachi were to be hokage level he would have to definaltely have MS....

RaizenYusuke

[18]Jan 28, 2009
    But if Hiruzen made Itachi Hokage it would be based on the skills Itachi had at 13 and to bridge the gap between Konoha and the Uchiha, not because Itachi had the MS(I don't think he even knew Itachi had the Mangekyou).

firefox59

[19]Jan 28, 2009
    • level: 19
    I'd have to say no. I'm sure the 3rd could fight without looking at Itachi's eyes and with Enma I think Sarutobi would have beaten Itachi. It's really hard to say though.

Tskyonmai07

[20]Jan 29, 2009
    firefox59 wrote:
    I'd have to say no. I'm sure the 3rd could fight without looking at Itachi's eyes and with Enma I think Sarutobi would have beaten Itachi. It's really hard to say though.
    u forgot the finger genjutsu thingy