why iruka is the worse ninja ever, how i think he made it to chunin [ spoilers]

Rafie26

[21]Jan 3, 2009
    • level: 11
    Pumpkinhead1870 wrote:
    Rafie26 wrote:
    Pumpkinhead1870 wrote:

Well the saying goes: "Those who can't do, teach."

But aside from that, I agree that Iruka is just an average chunin. His character was never meant to be powerful because his purpose in the story never called for it. He was meant to be a form of mental influence for Naruto, not a physical influence.

Agreed. The first figure to accept Naruto. Though ironically his parents were killed by the Nine-Tails that lays dormant in Naruto.

I think that's what makes Iruka admirable though. People shouldn't judge characters based on their power, but based on what they bring to the story. And as you said, he was the person who helped shape Naruto into the amazingly influential person he is, which IMO makes Iruka a rather important character. Imagine how different the story would be without him.

Ahhhh...we do have some intelligent people on these threads. (not being sarcastic) I'm serious tho. That's the kind of outlook I see Iruka in. I completely agree that. Just when Naruto thought he had no one in his corner, Iruka comes out and shows the boy some love. Even all the way to Part 2 (Jiraiya's end) he still played that father/big brother role.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

fluffman4

[22]Jan 3, 2009
    • level: 19
    Rafie26 wrote:
    Pumpkinhead1870 wrote:
    Rafie26 wrote:
    Pumpkinhead1870 wrote:

But aside from that, I agree that Iruka is just an average chunin. His character was never meant to be powerful because his purpose in the story never called for it. He was meant to be a form of mental influence for Naruto, not a physical influence.

Agreed. The first figure to accept Naruto. Though ironically his parents were killed by the Nine-Tails that lays dormant in Naruto.

I think that's what makes Iruka admirable though. People shouldn't judge characters based on their power, but based on what they bring to the story. And as you said, he was the person who helped shape Naruto into the amazingly influential person he is, which IMO makes Iruka a rather important character. Imagine how different the story would be without him.

Ahhhh...we do have some intelligent people on these threads. (not being sarcastic) I'm serious tho. That's the kind of outlook I see Iruka in. I completely agree that. Just when Naruto thought he had no one in his corner, Iruka comes out and shows the boy some love. Even all the way to Part 2 (Jiraiya's end) he still played that father/big brother role.

Exactly, the story would be way different if Iruka didn't come into the picture. Every one of these 'not-so major' characters has had influence on shaping Naruto, like recently with Shikamaru, that was what helped Naruto overcome his despair.

Pumpkinhead1870

[23]Jan 3, 2009
    • level: 10
    Rafie26 wrote:
    Pumpkinhead1870 wrote:
    Rafie26 wrote:
    Pumpkinhead1870 wrote:

Oh, I totally agree. There are plenty of intelligent people on here. But there are also a lot of people that are rather quick to judge (Not you). I guess I'm sort of like Frozen in the sense that I don't hate any character and feel that other people shouldn't bash characters without adequate reasons (except I'm not as blood thirsty as Frozen. hahaha. Frozen was a funny one).

Rafie26

[24]Jan 3, 2009
    • level: 11
    Pumpkinhead1870 wrote:
    Rafie26 wrote:
    Pumpkinhead1870 wrote:
    Rafie26 wrote:
    Pumpkinhead1870 wrote:

Oh, I totally agree. There are plenty of intelligent people on here. But there are also a lot of people that are rather quick to judge (Not you). I guess I'm sort of like Frozen in the sense that I don't hate any character and feel that other people shouldn't bash characters without adequate reasons (except I'm not as blood thirsty as Frozen. hahaha. Frozen was a funny one).

Ahh good ol Frozen. Miss him on these threads. He was always the voice of reasoning. Anyway, I don't really hate any characters either. And I'm a cliche hero supporter. A big one. Iruka supported that nicely to our anime hero here, Naruto.

theironbat46

[25]Mar 3, 2009
    • level: 5
    Rafie26 wrote:
    Pumpkinhead1870 wrote:
    Rafie26 wrote:
    Pumpkinhead1870 wrote:

I think mid-way through the sauske ark iruka wasn't shown as much.

Eddy654

[26]Mar 3, 2009
    • level: 18
    theironbat46 wrote:
    Rafie26 wrote:
    Pumpkinhead1870 wrote:
    Rafie26 wrote:
    Pumpkinhead1870 wrote:

I think mid-way through the sauske ark iruka wasn't shown as much.
    Why would you bring a topic back from two months ago...?