Naruto

Hoshikage: The Buried Truth

Aired Thursday 7:30 PM Jul 05, 2008 on TV Tokyo

• Marred by a low budget, mediocre character development, but at least the story development has been pretty good.

Although the idea seems like it was forged from a contest held for elementary school kids, the execution of it so far has been pretty decent; at least far better than most other Naruto arc fillers. We still have its fair share of terrible Naruto filler cliches--yes, there are so many damn Naruto fillers that it gets it own sub-genre of cliches--but for the most part, the story development has been pretty good. Although things were a bit too predictable; Akahoshi for example murdering the former third Hoshikage for his own ambition, but still, for a Naruto filler, two thumbs up.
  • I still love the theme song!!! ^_^

The theme song is so pretty, and it almost sounds like a Bleach one! I hated the last theme song, which made them all sound so gay Think about it. It was a song about friendship, and they were all giving each other high fives and sitting on the grass and watching stars! I don't know any 13 year old guys who do that, and them being ninjas, they definitely shouldn't do it! Anyway, I think Naruto is just getting too predictable, either that, or I've been watching too much Spiral and am beginning to grow a brain. :P I guessed from the first time they showed her eyes that the kunoichi (I forget her name) who stole the star was Sumaru's mom. I know her name was something like Natsuhi... Sure, let's go with that. Anyway, Natsuhi saves Naruto from dying in the Valley of Death, and she reveals herself as Sumaru's mom and tells the story of why she left the village. And then she came back to steal the star again, and she hid it in her husband's coffin!!! YUCK!!! That's about as bad as the Louisina Tigers smacking the Yankees with severed limbs!!! (PM me for details) Anyway, then that Mizora guy gets sicker. I would like to know who voices him, because he sounds EXACTLY like Takato from Digimon Tamers. I keep waiting for him to start shouting "Digivolution, Activate!" :P Anyway, I could probably tell you how this ends, but I won't.
  • Akahoshi's intent is revealed.

Akahoshi has knocked Naruto along with the star thief off of the cliff into the valley of death. Neji tries to find them with his Byakugan, but sees nothing. Akahoshi tells Neji that his mission there is over and to go home. Neji realizes that Naruto could still be alive and is intent on staying. Lee and Tenten make it back to Neji and the Star Village children and they have brought Sumaru with them. They found him at Akahoshi's place and rescued him. Now they all take off to find Naruto and Sumaru knows where they should look. Akahoshi has found...
  • Not bad for a filler

well it was a very good episode im my opinion it did a good job explaining on the who hoshikage isue. well i just wish i could see some over all improvement in naruto him self as a fighter. all he ever dose is use kage bushin and rush them sure the rock thing was clever this time but he has to get some new moves. i mean look at all the other genins andthe new moves they have made. even hinata made a new move , but the main charicter is still doing the move from episode 3. i would like to see a new move from naruto and maybe the continuation of the plot.
  • Still great.

This episode was a little worse than the last one, but that's because the last one had plot twists and I think this episode was meant to be a follow before for the next episode. So it will lead up to a good fight scene, you know? (Does follow before even make sense?) To me it was obvious that the bad guy (I just suddenly forgot his name lol) murdered the Third HoshiKage, I dunno, it just seemed completely obvious. What happened to the Fourth HoshiKage? Meh. Well this episode was great I think the next episode will be even better.
  • Good filler.

Once again Naruto goes up against a carzy enemy. This case being Akahoshi. He puts the safety of children in harm. I though Hokages were supposed to be strong, but the 3rd of the Hidden Star was killed instantly by three guys.

Sumaru's mother faked her death, for the saftey of her own child
  • One step closer till the end of this arc.

This arc is the best filler arc. I rate it high scores for each arc because of the suspense. This filler arc is full of emotion, and is definatley great. In honor I will post the song: Why is the summer star red? Last night,, I had a sad dream. I was crying and talking, with red eyes. Why has the summer star lost it's way? I know such childish stories That's why I have such sad dreams.
  • a decent episode were you find out the star theif isnt a bad person. but the hoshikage is. this seemes to be a theme

6.7
  • Naruto eh ? Good manga or Anime, I haven\'t seen all.. But I want to. But I can\'t. I dont know why .. I have seen 1-180. Those who do the manga and anime series must have a good fantasies ? right. I can\'t sleep at night because of Naruto.

Wow ! I like NAruto ... He\'s the best :) of all manga or Anime.. Hehe .. But I want to see more Naruto series but I can\'t .. How do I download so I can see all ? Pls .. I want to know .. Give me a site? Please ? I like Sasuke (L), Sakura, Ino-pig, Shikamaru \"he\'s the smartest guy\", Chouji \"fattest and always eating babeque but he\'s good too\", Oroshimaru \"bad guy Hate him soo much\" And the perverted hermit Jiraija :) He like young women ? Hugs and kisses. Lav yah Naruto :)Hope you understand ? Omg ! Im a NAruto FAN! Weeee.. HEhe :)
  • Naruto is saved by the mysterious Star theif, while the truth behind the Hosikage is discovered by the other Konoha shinobi.

This was one of the better episodes within this recent story-arc. During the past filler episodes we've seen many stories, some good, some really really bad. This "Star Village" arc is not too bad as it actually has some substance to it. It's definitly not up to Naruto standard, but for filler it's relatively good. I liked how they made the temp-Hosikage a really evil person, capable of killing anyone just to get his village a high standing. Of course, he's still no match for Naruto and his Konoha friends.

I give this episode 7.5 out of 10. (Pretty decent episode, but it is still filler. One filler episode left!!!).
TOON