Naruto

Hunt or Be Hunted?! Showdown at the O.K. Temple!

Aired Thursday 7:30 PM Apr 26, 2008 on TV Tokyo

• At least the antagonist didn't come back for another 3 or 4 episodes. *looks at you Raiga*

I'm wondering if the writers behind this arc were American, because it sure has felt like a typical 80's and 90's action cartoon. All the elements are here. A reasonably decent story with a new character introduced with a tragic past, which usually consumes the first fifteen minutes of an episode, which this episode did, and ends with five minutes of action. Convenience comes around often in action cartoons, as it also did in this episode. Capturing Gosunkugi hardly took any effort at all that Suzunami couldn't have done by himself, but he does it when Naruto and co. are around. This episode gets points though because Sazanami has a half way decent past.
  • The end of the Bounty Hunter Arc

Wow, I expected this one to go on longer than it did. OK, so Hinata has just discovered the bird chaped birth mark on Sazanami's chest, and that he is a wanted man, so he wakes up and tells him his story. Long ago, he was a sword smith in a village, and he just happened to stumble across a family of three who had just been murdered. The towns people pin the blame on Sazanami, but he was, and is, 100% innocent. However, he did manage to see the murderer's face, and that would be the guy that Naruto, Hinata, and Kiba are trying to track down. They decide to compete for his capture, since the leaf ninja re not about to back out of a mission, and Sazanami is not going to just give up, either. So both parties end up at the OK Temple, which is a really queer name if you ask me. Anyway, there's a big battle, and Sazanami ends up catching that one dude, and some other bounty hunter catches Sazanami, who hands him over to the angry villagers, and the bounty hunter manages to convince them that since they didn't hold a proper investigation, Sazanami is innocent, and Hinata, Kiba, and Naruto hed home to report a failed mission, and listen to one of Tsunade's scoldings.
  • The bounty hunter has a bounty on him?

This is the second episode revolving around the story of a blacksmith who gets framed for a crime he did not commit and a ruthless murderer who kills for money. The blacksmith, Toukichi, has changed his name to Sazanami because he has been falsely accused of a murder that he did not commit. The thief, Gosunkugi, murdered a family of three to steal their money. Sazanami goes in search of Gosunkugi to capture him and clear his name. He takes up the bounty hunter profession to further hide himself from capture by the authorities. It is up to Naruto, Kiba, and Hinata to help capture Gosunkugi with help from Sazanami.
  • Dissapointed.

7.9
    I'm dissapointed with this episode, because I expected much more from it. It was the end of a somewhat filler arc and nothing too much happened in terms of action. All that happened was that Naruto, Kiba, and Hinata tryed to catch the bad guy, failed. The other guy who Naruto keeps calling old man tryed to catch the bad guy, and failed. And some government official person succeeds in capturing the bad guy, tells all the people who thought that that one of the bounty hunters was innocent after all, and everyone is happy. Eh. So that was boring.
  • A mediocre episode.

It was interesting to find out about the guy's past. An interesting twist to the story was that the guy himself was wanted, yet innocent. I did like the back story of the bounty hunter.
    It wasn't a particularly exciting episode. Everyone was beaten really easily and the thief was actually less of a fighter than he made out to be. I usually like there to be more fighting in the episodes.
    I didn't like was how it ended. They prove that he's innocent so easy? It seems like there could have been more to that. And they fail their mission. Plus the ending was kind of corny with them laughing and closeups of their faces.
  • Filler. Mission somewhat accomplished.

This was an alright episode. But I'm beginning to get tired of fillers. Where is the main story line for Pete's Sakes. I liked the fact that Getsu helped that bounty hunter out. And that theif was caught. So basically everyone wins. Excpet in Naruto's case of course. Tsunade will probaly be upset.