Naruto

Laughing Shino

Aired Thursday 7:30 PM Aug 09, 2008 on TV Tokyo

7.8
  • Shino finally gets an episode with him as a principle character, but he's so underused, that it is a shame that this episode is the best he gets. This episode barely gets a passing grade due to general dullness.

7.4
    Shino is probably my favorite of the Genin right now, but he rivals Tenten for least utilized in the series. This episode finally puts him somewhat in the spotlight, but it is a poor sampling of the Genin. The title says who laughs: Shino, but the viewer probably won't laugh at all.

The title says it all. The one treat in this episode is seeing Shino out of character, and they do just enough with it to make the episode decent. Past that, the episode is dull and uninteresting. The "funny" funeral is not funny at all, and the episode concept lacks real thought or appeal.

So Shino laughs, that much is interesting, but in the end, seeing him use his rarely shown bug jutsu might have been a better treat. The title is the beginning and end to this episode. Other than that, it is a pretty weak piece of filler. I've given comparable fillers lower scores than this, but sine they did use Shino and somewhat originally, I'm going to let it "pass."